Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters

a_brother

Make dua for us all
^^about 7:30 hours later
brothers, please take this statement:
"brother, prefer young sister then her education"
as
"brother, prefer young sister(under 22 years old) than her Bachelors degree (or higher)"
previews statement sounded as if a sister under 22 years old is not educated, WHICH IS NOT TRUE!
so, the question is more like: does a sister look more attractive by her degree or her beauty?

:salam2: brothers and sisters

for sisters, what is more important for you: school or marriage

for brothers, when looking for a wife, would you look for a young sister (under 22 years old) with less education (a high school diploma and let her (or not) continue her education) than an older sister with education (a bachelors degree)... which case is more attractive to you (youth or education)?

Please vote above, and let us know what you think :)

sister, over 22 yrs old, school first

sister, over 22 yrs old, marriage first

sister, under 22 yrs old, school first

sister, under 22 yrs old, marriage first

brother, prefer young sister then her education

brother, prefer educated (a bachelors degree) sister then young sister

abdellah007

salam alaykum brother,

we had descussed this issue before, I experct along thread ;)

I cant vote for any because it s all about the religion,culture,time,money etc .

wa salam

kayleigh

Education is more important to me. There's no reason why you can't do both, though, and hold off on kids until after you're done. So I wouldn't object to marriage as long as the intended understood that school is important and I'm not having kids until I'm in my mid to late 20s.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
salam alaykum brother,

we had descussed this issue before, I experct along thread ;)

I cant vote for any because it s all about the religion,culture,time,money etc .

wa salam

:wasalam: brother abdellah :)

i remembered that thread (a long time ago), but i don't think there was a poll!

for the brothers in choosing a partner, sure, there are other points one would look at (education and age are tow factors), and most important is religion... I want to see (so the sisters also see) how much brothers "weight" education compared to age

no one can see your choice from the poll, so brothers and sisters please chose from the poll above!...

:salam2:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Education is more important to me. There's no reason why you can't do both, though, and hold off on kids until after you're done. So I wouldn't object to marriage as long as the intended understood that school is important and I'm not having kids until I'm in my mid to late 20s.

:salam2: sister Kayleigh

I see your point... sure, a sister can do both... the poll above is about which is more important (education or marriage) for the sisters, and (education and age) for the brothers (in choosing a partner)... which one one cares more about?

kayleigh

:salam2: sister Kayleigh

I see your point... sure, a sister can do both... the poll above is about which is more important (education or marriage) for the sisters, and (education and age) for the brothers (in choosing a partner)... which one one cares more about?

I know, I'm just elaborating on my answer. at first I thought I answered wrong and was supposed to vote for which one I preferred in the opposite sex lol.

But yeah, if I had to choose one or the other I'd choose education.

palestine

Servant of Allah
i have voted for sister under 22, marriage first. i can marry at the same time have education. but we need to remember marriage is half the deen. and education can be learned anywhere, even at home. peace.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
i have voted for sister under 22, marriage first. i can marry at the same time have education. but we need to remember marriage is half the deen. and education can be learned anywhere, even at home. peace.

very nice point...

nori suja'i

wheater education or married, its not a brothers dilemma.
the dilemma is for sisters. brothers, u can do the same job in the same time because its not affect your body shape as long as u already secured financially.
for sisters it is best chasing the education first but besides study u have to pray hard to excel in yr education & future life partner. normally the life partner that u get thru' praying or family's blessing bring so much. happiness. insyaAllah.

wassalaam

huda2

I know, I'm just elaborating on my answer. at first I thought I answered wrong and was supposed to vote for which one I preferred in the opposite sex lol.

But yeah, if I had to choose one or the other I'd choose education.

I'm with you, same as me education comes first then marriage. They can go both hand by hand, it depends on which one you prefer.

:wasalam:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: brothers and sisters :)

i chosed...
Or
"brother, prefer young sister(under 22 years old) than her Bachelors degree (or higher)"

my reasonning...
I "don't care" about a sisters' degree, donesn't make her any more attractive... I care about a sister who wants to build a family... education is important, and i would like for my future wife to continue here education, but family comes first... education NEVER finishes... a person gets OLDER not YOUNGER!!!

------------------------------------------------
The Prophet (sas) said:
"Idhaa ataakum man tardhauna deenahu wa khuluqahu fa zawwijoohu. Illaa taf'aloo takun fitnatun fiy al-ardhi wa fasaadun kabeerun."
"If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied with comes to you, marry to him. If you do not do so, there will be trials in the earth and a great deal of evil." At-Tirmidhi and others and it is hassan.

There are many hadith which recommend a man marry a virgin woman such as the following:
"Tazawwajoo al-abkaara fa innahunna a'dhabu afwaahan wa antaqu arhaaman wa ardhaa bil-yaseeri."
"Marry virgins for they have sweeter mouths, more productive wombs and are more pleased with less." At-Tabaraani and it is hassan

Other narrations indicate that she is more likely to be pleased by a man and less likely to be devious and deceiving. Once, when Jaabir married an older and previously married woman, the Prophet (sas) said to him:

"Halaa bikran tulaai'buhaa wa tulaa'ibuka."
"Why not a virgin? You could have played with her and she with you."

The scholars have stressed that this good attribute applies to the husband just as it applies to the wife. One of them wrote: "Similarly, it is preferred for a person not to marry his daughter except to a virgin man if she has never been married before." Umar ibn Al-Khattab once heard about a woman who was married to an elderly man and he said: "O people, fear Allah and marry a man to a woman who is similar to him and marry a woman to a man who is similar to her."

The importance of Marriage in Islam can be seen in the following hadith:
"Man tazawwaja faqad istakmala nisfa al-imaan falyattiqi Allaha fiy an-nisf al-baaqiy."
"Whoever marries has completed half of his faith. So let him beware of Allah regarding the other half."

Marriage is one of the most important social relationships in society. If it goes sour, there is little hope for the overall society - especially the next generation. Note the following supplication from the lips of those who have repented and do good deeds:

{And those who say: Our Lord! Grant us from our wives and our descendents coolness of the eyes and make us an example for the people of piety.} Al-Furqaan:74

The Prophet (sas) said:
"Ankihoo fa inniy mukaathirun bikum al umam yaum al-Qiyama"
"Marry, for I will outnumber the other nations by you on Qiyama." (Ibn Majah - Sahih)

Please refer to Sura Ar-Rum: 21.
{And among His signs are that He created for you from your selves mates that you may attain calm unto them and He placed between you affection and compassion. Surely in that are signs for a people who reflect.}

{He is the one who created you from a single soul and made from it its mate that he may attain calm unto her.} Al-A'raaf: 189

http://www.java-man.com/Pages/Marriage/Marriage.html

-----------------------------------------

I like how this brother put it...
Ask Baba Ali - "Worrying & Aging Sister"

[yt]xmerfW3Xv08[/yt]

huda2

Brother I agree with you with some of your point, true you can continue or go back to school any time you want and yes you will get old and age doesn't wait for you but school can, but also I think education can make more attractive coz knowledge never fails, education empower you in life not only making a better life but also better understanding. sis/bro can finish school and then start family if allah allowed him/her when he/she decided, but also can do both and that will be perfect.But every thing goes allah's plan.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
chose the 5th option
I know education is really important these days.. Now what kind of education am i talking about? Engineering/Medicine/Commerce/others NO! I am talking about the education that matters the most. Islamic education, simple a hafiz or a real pious sister will be an ideal choice, the chances of having tranquility is high.

:wasalam:

khalidvaltrans

:salam2: brothers and sisters :)

i chosed...
Or

my reasonning...
I "don't care" about a sisters' degree, donesn't make her any more attractive... I care about a sister who wants to build a family... education is important, and i would like for my future wife to continue here education, but family comes first... education NEVER finishes... a person gets OLDER not YOUNGER!!!

------------------------------------------------
The Prophet (sas) said:
"Idhaa ataakum man tardhauna deenahu wa khuluqahu fa zawwijoohu. Illaa taf'aloo takun fitnatun fiy al-ardhi wa fasaadun kabeerun."
"If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied with comes to you, marry to him. If you do not do so, there will be trials in the earth and a great deal of evil." At-Tirmidhi and others and it is hassan.

There are many hadith which recommend a man marry a virgin woman such as the following:
"Tazawwajoo al-abkaara fa innahunna a'dhabu afwaahan wa antaqu arhaaman wa ardhaa bil-yaseeri."
"Marry virgins for they have sweeter mouths, more productive wombs and are more pleased with less." At-Tabaraani and it is hassan

Other narrations indicate that she is more likely to be pleased by a man and less likely to be devious and deceiving. Once, when Jaabir married an older and previously married woman, the Prophet (sas) said to him:

"Halaa bikran tulaai'buhaa wa tulaa'ibuka."
"Why not a virgin? You could have played with her and she with you."

The scholars have stressed that this good attribute applies to the husband just as it applies to the wife. One of them wrote: "Similarly, it is preferred for a person not to marry his daughter except to a virgin man if she has never been married before." Umar ibn Al-Khattab once heard about a woman who was married to an elderly man and he said: "O people, fear Allah and marry a man to a woman who is similar to him and marry a woman to a man who is similar to her."

The importance of Marriage in Islam can be seen in the following hadith:
"Man tazawwaja faqad istakmala nisfa al-imaan falyattiqi Allaha fiy an-nisf al-baaqiy."
"Whoever marries has completed half of his faith. So let him beware of Allah regarding the other half."

Marriage is one of the most important social relationships in society. If it goes sour, there is little hope for the overall society - especially the next generation. Note the following supplication from the lips of those who have repented and do good deeds:

{And those who say: Our Lord! Grant us from our wives and our descendents coolness of the eyes and make us an example for the people of piety.} Al-Furqaan:74

The Prophet (sas) said:
"Ankihoo fa inniy mukaathirun bikum al umam yaum al-Qiyama"
"Marry, for I will outnumber the other nations by you on Qiyama." (Ibn Majah - Sahih)

Please refer to Sura Ar-Rum: 21.
{And among His signs are that He created for you from your selves mates that you may attain calm unto them and He placed between you affection and compassion. Surely in that are signs for a people who reflect.}

{He is the one who created you from a single soul and made from it its mate that he may attain calm unto her.} Al-A'raaf: 189

http://www.java-man.com/Pages/Marriage/Marriage.html

-----------------------------------------

I like how this brother put it...
Ask Baba Ali - "Worrying & Aging Sister"

[yt]xmerfW3Xv08[/yt]

im agree with u :mashallah: