My Reversion story

iman87

salam alaikum
I tried to post this yesterday in the new convert section but i don't think it worked. So i will try again.
Many people had asked me to write about my reversion to islam. So here goes...
My best friend who i have been friends with ever since we were born (we are only 2 months apart) reverted to islam about 2 and 1/2 years ago. When she told me that she had become muslim, i was extremely shocked because it was so different to me and i did not know anything about the islam religion. As time went on, i could see changes in her that were for the better and she was also becoming happier with her life. I would occasionally go to the musjid with her which was fun cause i met knew people and i enjoyed going through the motions of the prayers with her. But that was as far as i took it because i kept thinking to myself that would not be able to discipline myself to pray 5 times a day and especially covering myself because i was in a state of jahilliyah and i cared so much about how i had my hair each day and what clothes i wore. May Allah (SWT) forgive me. So at that time, Islam was not even a thought in my mind. But as time went by and i saw my friend making even better choices for herself and eventually getting married to an awesome guy who is her other half Mashallah! Then at the end of march this year right before she had her baby, we began to hang out more and i asked to read some books on islam. I also started asking some of the girls i know who had reverted why they had made that choice and also talked to people who were born muslims about Islam. The first book i read was "A brief illustrated introduction to Islam" and as i read, i realized that there was always an answer to everything being discussed. I connected immediatley and found that i was agreeing with basically everything and if i was confused or not understanding something, i looked it up and found the answer. Everything was just making so much sense and it only took me a week to decide i wanted to become muslim. So on April 9, i said shahada and al hamdulillah i was able to say it when i was with my friend and her husband's family so i had a lot of support. Becoming muslim has been the best decision i could have ever made for my life. I feel so much more guided and the happiness i feel is overwhelming. I am also more at peace with myself and i don't find much to stress over anymore as i used to. Al Hamdulillah al hamdulillah! Well i hope you enjoyed my story.

salam alaikum warahmatullah wa barakatuhu

zedbj

:salam2:

Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah guides to His straight path. May Allah help us to hold fast to it. Lets pray to Allah for us to be His slave and place us in jannah. Ameen.... Welcome sister to islam..:SMILY206:

abdellah007

Salam alaykum Iman,

Welcome to TTI, and congratulatons for your reversion. Here you can learn alot about Islam.Brothers and sisters are willing to give help anytime.
Masha allah your friend played a big role in your reversion.Elhamdolilah.

Enjoy your stay.

salam

Achmat_Samsodien

Allahu Akbar, Alhamdulillah this is a wonderful story!
Welcome to Islam sister :ma: always good to meet a new muslim.
Feel free to ask questions in this ste as it is very helpful.

May Allah keep guiding you on the straight path as well as the rest of the muslims Insha Allah

Meraj

Brother

Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah guides to His straight path. May Allah help us to hold fast to it. Lets pray to Allah for us to be His slave and place us in jannah. Ameen.... Welcome sister to islam..:SMILY206:
Ameen ya Robal Aalameen....

MashaAllah sister...may Allah (subhana wa taala) benifit all of us from this story and make our iman stroger inshaAllah....
Jazak Allah Kheiran for sharing your reason to be a muslim..MashaAllah
:wasalam:

danyal_1992

:ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma:
I wanna fill my whole reply wid :ma: and Alhumdulillah Allah has guided u.Alhumdulillah :ma: U have accepted the truth from our Creator :ma:.I will remember u in my prayers May Allah(swt) Guide and Protect u from all the evils of shaytan and yourself and ur relatives and friends.May Allah(swt) make ur path easy for u.Ameen

:salah:

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum warehmatullah

MASHA ALLAH sis ,
welcome and many many congrats
May ALlah protect u and reward u ,,,,
be happy

Almaas

:ma:

Wow,, every other day we hear about people from the US converting, it's amazing, Islam must really be spreading over there, Alhumdolilah.

Welcome to Islam Sis! :hijabi:

AmericanTeenager

Yay! Another US revert, even if she is on the other side of the continent from me (just like all the others :lol:)!! Welcome to TTI sis, this place is truly wonderful, I came in a non-believer and now look at me, just said my shahadah a few days ago and already loving it!

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
welcome to tti

Alhamdululah, Alhamdulilah, yes i really enjoyed ur story, :ma: very amzing story. :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to ISLAM sister.

wishing u the best side of islam:hearts:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Mubrook !!!

Yay! Another US revert, even if she is on the other side of the continent from me (just like all the others :lol:)!! Welcome to TTI sis, this place is truly wonderful, I came in a non-believer and now look at me, just said my shahadah a few days ago and already loving it!

:subhanallah: :mashallah: :allahuakbar: :subhanallah: :mashallah: :allahuakbar: :subhanallah: :mashallah: :allahuakbar:
These stories of reversion always bring tears to my eyes. I am so very very happy for both of you guys that you reverted to the true religion of the creator of the heavens and the earth. :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap:

This is truly Allah's blessing and he bestows his blessings on whoever he wants. And you guys are so lucky that you are the receiver of these blessings.

May Allah grant you Jannah Al-Firdaus in the here-after. :inshallah:

Please remember me in your duas.