What is freedom?

Almaas

:salam2:

Hmmmm.....freedom to me is more or less being able to make my own decisions, following my beliefs and to be able to practice my religion openly. :hijabi:

:wasalam:

sadia_21

Salam alaikum...

About as you said being free from hell?...Well ya that could be one type of fredom which's key we are owning.Its on ourselves whether we want freedom from hell or not. For me freedom is being ablle to do something on your own for your better.Freely practcing islam,learnin,educating and Dawah.

Take care.
Allah hafiz*

safiya58

selam,

In my sight one is free if he is able to control himself. Example: I want to do zina and I know this is not good actually... when I refuse to do than I´m free but when I can not control myself and I do then I became a slave of my feelings.... I think freedom is not something that one can take away from you...

vesselam

nori suja'i

wa alaukum salam,

freedom to take drug - overdose
freedom to make love - venereal disease
freedom to be homosex - aids
freedom from this world - death

na'u dzubillah

Storm

SiStEr
Freedom to practice one's faith.

P.S - I have chosen 'freedom' as a name for my cell phone ;). Just thought I'd share that ;)

Salaam,

Freedom is that which one is able decide.

There is no such thing as absolute freedom. We're not free from death, sleeping, eating, gravity, etc.

No one is free when others are oppressed.

Freedom is when we have peace in our own soul.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Freedom is total submission to the Truth. Freedom is knowing to be grateful under all circumstances Trusting in the Word of the Glorious Creator. Freedom is knowing that His Will is Supreme. Freedom is Acceptance..as He is Ever Willing to forgive us.

Almaas

Salaam,

Freedom is total submission to the Truth. Freedom is knowing to be grateful under all circumstances Trusting in the Word of the Glorious Creator. Freedom is knowing that His Will is Supreme. Freedom is Acceptance..as He is Ever Willing to forgive us.

Oooh, well said!

:ma:

abdulwahab

Brother

Freedom to express your opinion, quite frankly does not hurt the feelings of others
The unique process of freedom but in the boundaries of religion, society and law so as to the other Ateve

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I second that! We can never be free of death, Allah is in control of our lives and He decides, not us.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

I just wondered what everyone thought freedom to them was?

Is it that we are free from hell?

Salam Alaikum Zaynab

Freedom to me in a sense does not exist. In anything we do there are consequences, laws, rules, etc even when we make choices. Freedom to me implies that you can make a choice and from that is doesnt result in consequences, We have choices but to me that doesnt imply freedom. What I mean is I choose to Worship Allah and follow the Sunnah. This was my choice but in that choice I am still not free because I need to follow law, guidelines, etc.. I make a choice to observe hijab and get generalized,etc..So freedom to me is when I die and inshallah I go to jannah that is the way I think I can acheive freedom. :hearts: Inshallah when I get to Jannah I will still not completely be free but I will be free from this world and the ideologies that exist within it. To me there is no such thing as complete freedom.

Salam Amirah80

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum

Freedom is the ability to choose without caring for anyone but you and your creator. Freedom is saying what you want (the truth) without caring for anyone thinks or will say but yourself. Freedom is very powerful tool and in order to use it you must be willing to lose others thoghts of you. For me freedom is doing the opposite of everything the world tells and wants me to do with big smile on my face (I can't do that, care too much of others).

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: :)

freedom to me is been unattached to anything material (if possible)
-no fear of any one except Allah
-the feeling of been accepted by Allah
-tranquility in the heart
-not been held accountable of any one (as, no one has anything against me)
-Jannat Al firdawsh al a3laa, InshaAllah

syahidah2112

wanna be shalehah
Freedom is :
- Fearless to anyone but Allah subhanahu wa taala
- Fearless to yourself (means able to control urself, example, if something crossing ur mind and telling u to do a bad thing, then you can refuse it, control urself)

saif

Freedom is submission to Allah and only to Allah. In the words of Allama Muhammad Iqbal:

Yeh ek sajdah jis ko tu giran samajhta he
hazaar sajdon se deta he aadmi ko nijaat

Translation:
This one prostration to (the one and only God), which is so heavy on you
makes you FREE from thousands of other prostrations.

abu'muhammad

for a muslim - freedom is doing all sorts of work that is halaal according to shariah.

for a non muslim - freedom is what the government permits to - do / think / understand good for the people.