Revert looking for friends and suggestions

Lauren Leyla

Asalamo Aleikum Brothers and Sisters :)

I just joined this sight and am so happy to see all the positive activity here. I reverted to Islam in 2003 but only recently have begun to fully embrace it and really change my life to follow our beautiful religoin fully. I would like to meet friendly muslims in the DC area, and around the world, and grow stronger in my faith. I also am working hard to be more adherant to the straight path to praise and please Allah. if anyone knows of islamic classes for fairly new reverts in the DC area, or arabic classes, I would love to know details. Also, if anyone knows of sites or places to download or buy audio of Quran in the English translation and also audio of the 5 prayers in arabic so that I might memorize them and start to pray in the islamic way I would be very greatful. Again thank you all for your kind welcome, and May Allah bless you all and guid:hijabi:e you to stay strong in faith.

Your sister,
Lauren Leyla

saffanah

speak good or silent
Wa'alaikumussalam sister Lauren Leyla

It's also nice to have you as our friend
for Qur'anic translation in English you can download here www.quranexplorer.com
For others sites, insha Allah brothers and sisters here will help you.

Barakallahu fiki (may Allah bless you)

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2: sister Lauren

Welcome to TTI

You will find lots of sisters and brothers here that can help

Share your thought with us and you'll enjoy our company even more

wassalam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Saalam,
Sister Lauren!
It's always nice to receive new members here, especially reverts :D

May Allah SWT bestow his mercy, grace, and guidance upon you.

Here is a link to Quran download website. This site has over 20 Imam's reciation to choose from, including my favorites like Salah Bukhatir and Mishary Rashid.
As for as making new Muslim friends, the best and the easiest way to do so is attend your local Masjid and meet sisters there.

http://www.mp3quran.net/eng/

Wasalam,

Shoaib

huda2

:salam2:

Hey welcome sis leyla glad to have you:ma:. I live in VA not far from you, and Iwill be more than happy to be yr friend pm me any time you wish. Also there ara many masjids in metro area that teach islamic study insha allah I will try to let you know their locations.

:salam2:

hager

welcome

Welcome Sis
Welcome To Islam
Welcome To TTI
feel free to ask for anything
u'll find us ,inshallah...stand by u
if u needs anything PM me,please.okey.

happy_muslimah

Save Palestine..
Salaamu Alykum..
Welcome to Islam and TTI...Inshallah you will have a beneficial and an enjoyable stay..Feel free to ask any questions,brothers and sisters will be very happy to help you ...

May Allah increase your imaan :)

Your sister in islam

Reborn

Asalamo Aleikum Brothers and Sisters :)

I just joined this sight and am so happy to see all the positive activity here. I reverted to Islam in 2003 but only recently have begun to fully embrace it and really change my life to follow our beautiful religoin fully. I would like to meet friendly muslims in the DC area, and around the world, and grow stronger in my faith. I also am working hard to be more adherant to the straight path to praise and please Allah. if anyone knows of islamic classes for fairly new reverts in the DC area, or arabic classes, I would love to know details. Also, if anyone knows of sites or places to download or buy audio of Quran in the English translation and also audio of the 5 prayers in arabic so that I might memorize them and start to pray in the islamic way I would be very greatful. Again thank you all for your kind welcome, and May Allah bless you all and guid:hijabi:e you to stay strong in faith.

Your sister,
Lauren Leyla

alaykum assalaam

I'm also new to Islam too and i've already learned much a welcome people are and how it feels. So welcome sister.