Why did Allah send his eternal message to 7th century Arabs?

OnlyOne

Firstly, your question is extremely vague. To answer what I think you're asking: Allah didn't just send it to Arabs, the message was given to all the world, but revealed to an Arab.

We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an, in order that ye may learn wisdom. (Qur'an: 12:2)

Thus have We sent by inspiration to thee an Arabic Qur'an: that thou mayest warn the Mother of Cities and all around her,- and warn (them) of the Day of Assembly, of which there is no doubt: (when) some will be in the Garden, and some in the Blazing Fire. (Qur'an: 42:7)

And this is a Book which We have sent down, bringing blessings, and confirming (the revelations) which came before it: that thou mayest warn the mother of cities and all around her. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in this (Book), and they are constant in guarding their prayers. (Qur'an: 6:92)

These verses should explicate the fact that although the message of the Qur'an was sent to an Arab, it was directed towards all of mankind. Hence, Allah beginning many verses saying, "O Mankind!" (whether you are Muslim or not) and "O You who believe!" as compared to "O Arabs!"

Does this make sense? Or do you need further elaboration? :) I'm not a scholar so there is a plethora of other information that can explain this matter in more detail. I'll try to post some things if I find them...

Islam!!yay

I think its because 7th century civilization were more accepting and dont know much about the world around them . If allah were to release the quran in todays 21st century world (where people are more busy in their personal lives) a lot of them would think its a crazy insanely message and duh ..tend to ignore it . And we can see already in todays world a lot more people are arrogant then people in the 7th century .

Thats my view

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Before we can anwer your question in a serious manner it would help to ask the context of your question. As the previous responses indicate the question is vague.
Oral tradition had predicited that the Messenger would be sent. However, if you could suppy the context of the question I know many brothers and sisters will answer your question with worthy replies.

Sophie29

Salam

I mean why was the eternal message delivered specificaly to a 7th century Arab ? Why these people at this particular time in History?. I have also observed some people say that Arabic isn't that easily accurately translated. Therefore the Quaran can be misunderstood by non-Arabic speakers. I hope you understand the gist of what I mean

Thanks
S

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Forgive my lack of knowledge. The Arabs of the 7th Century were not isolated. It is important to understand that trade was an intergal part of the culture. They were not barbarians. They had traded on what we now call the Spice Route or the Silk Route. They were to use a street expression in the mix.
The noble ancestry of the holy Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah subhana talla be upon him, lplaces him in Arabia. There are some very definitive geneologies for you to trace his ancestry.
7th Century Arabia was not the wilderness. They were waring factions..tribes that could be traced back to the lines of the earlier prophets. If a student of theology studies the geneology of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah subhana talla be upon him, it is easy to understand why Arabia.
Mecca was the home of Hagar and her son. Did not the sons of Ibrahim hold hands at his funeral in Mecca?
Everything in the cosmos pointed to it.

BrotherZak

Salam

I mean why was the eternal message delivered specificaly to a 7th century Arab ? Why these people at this particular time in History?. I have also observed some people say that Arabic isn't that easily accurately translated. Therefore the Quaran can be misunderstood by non-Arabic speakers. I hope you understand the gist of what I mean

Thanks
S

The biblical prophecy of the Lords Message shinning from three different locations explicitly says that the message would eventually arrive in Mount Paran.

"And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir
unto them; he shined forth from Mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands
of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them." "

This verse makes mention of three distinct entities.SEIR if you look at a map today, it is the Arabic ASIR (a region in western Saudi Arabia). Kamal Salibi, a Lebanese Christian scholar in his book
"The Bible came from Arabia" says in regards to Seir on page 204
"..The name Asir ('sr, or 'syr') denotes the tribal highlands around Abha.. The name appers to be a survival, by metathesis of the Biblical 'Seir', or 'Mount Seir'"
and it became applied (although the author does not indicate when) to the administrated (south of Makkah) Western borderland. While the Hejaz became the administrated north of Makkah.
Mount Paran, these are the mountain or series of mountains, that exist just east of Makkah.
In Arabic, it's pronounced F'aran. This is only a difference of linguistcs; as the Jews pronounced Palestine with a 'P'. We pronounce it as Philistine, the beginning having an 'F' vocal sound. In the Douay (Catholic) version, the Deuteronomy 33:2 verse is written as

"..he hath appeared from mount Pharan.."

The last part of the prophecy can be easily noticed by any young Muslim because it refers to the conquest of Makkah and when the prophet Mohammed(pbuh) marched on with 10 saintly companions.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

The messege came everywhere, but people corrupted it, It came to the Jews, Christains and all around the world and people rejected it or corrupted later. The Arab ( prophet Muhammad PBUH) was the last prophet for the whole of humanity, just like Adam was the first.

The Quran is the last revelation of God for humanity.

The messege i'm talikng about is "There is no diety worthy of worship other then Allah" (The God in English).

The God the muslims talk about is the same God of Moses PBUH and the same God of Jesus or Isa PBUH.

The messege was here before but the last prophet came in 7th century Arabia so we should follow him and his teaching.

For more information read the Quran and the life of prophet Muhammad PBUH.