Help Save Suffering People in DARFUR, SUDAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The point is everything is tied together. A person with sight can not lead a blind person to the light. This is not game.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I know exactly what you mean! Just reading some of the responses to this post made me frustrated! The situation in Darfur needs to stop-period. And if it's the ICC that needs to do it, then so be it. We have all lost trust of international organizations, but we can't not support them if they are actually taking action against a horrible situation just because they didn't take action against the Middle East situation. Someone has to do something about it and at least the ICC has brought attention to Darfur. If nothing else, they have at least made people aware of it and that's the first step.

:salam2: Sisters

If this ICC indictment is an honest to goodness attempt to get the real crminals behind bars then I am all for it. But this is not... This is an attempt to get control of OIL in Sudanese territory. Plus since Sudan is a Muslim country bringing caos to it will be an added bonus.

Some poeple don't see any connection with 9/11. Well ... If 9/11 was an inside job and all evidence point towards an inside job, then the question is - why did they do such a terrible thing??? Why? Why did they do that and then blamed it on Muslims? Do you still not see any connection?

Sisters the illuminati plan is to take down one Muslim country after another on various cooked-up reasons/charges. Afghanistan because of Al-Qaeda/Taliban, Iraq because of Saddam/WMD, Iran because of Nuclear Power, Somalia ... well... they didn't give any official reason but I guess they just didn't like the peace in that Muslim country. Lebanon because of Hesbullah, Palestine because God promised it to Jews, Pakistan because of "millitants", Sudan because of Darfur. The list goes on and on and on...

Do you still do not see any connection? Sisters, that is why I said: read, research and open your eyes, and don't be gullible.

I think that Muslim countries or OIC should step in and take control of the situation in Darfur, but I doubt the illuminatis would allow it. They are giving such a hard time to China which has a veto power and a very powerful country, they will wipeout any Muslim country which will attempt to come in between them and the Sudanese oil.

If you are happy about what they (illuminati) have done so far and what they are planning to do in the future then it is up to you, But I am quite worried about it. But I also know this that eventually Allah has promissed victory to Muslims. It will come after huge sacrifices but it will come.
There is a great lecture "Allah is preparing us for victory" by Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki. You can find it on the internet if you want to listen.

In the end I would say this again: "If this ICC indictment was an honest to goodness attempt to arrest the real crminals then I am all for it. But this is not... This is a fruad.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother you have summed up what needed to be said. And your post has given hope as it is the Will of Allah subhana talla.

justoneofmillion

for the previous medias lies which said that it was about Arabs against blacks!!!!

:salam2:Louis faraqan about darfur just another perspective[vg]7388395984333813644[/vg]

salaam
jameel

dianek

:salam2:Louis faraqan about darfur just another perspective[vg]7388395984333813644[/vg]

salaam
jameel

You post something about Elijah Mohammad.....what for.......I have no interest in listening to ANYTHING that has to do with him, Farakahn or the NATION OF ISLAM! That is radical bunch of racists...........that would be like me coming to you with some works from the leader of some Arian nation group.....holds no value to either of us.

Bottom line is everyone cries about injustices against muslims but when muslims are suffering in a place like Darfur not one of the muslim countries steps and bothers with it.

I don't like American policies, nor do I like what is happening at the hand of Al-Bashir but the fact is I do care about women and children suffering through the nightmare.....

I URGE you all to please support SaveDarfur.Org..........sign petitions, send $, I have. And will as I can. Forget stupid politics for a while and think of humanity, your sisters, your brothers....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The Nation of Islam may not be Muslim but they are making efforts to work with Muslims.
Please do not equate them with being racist. It is just the opposite. The works of the Nation of Islam has always assisted the communities they have been involved with. Crime goes down and work gets done.
Please put your prejudices aside and listen to the message. The man knows his stuff.
Just for the sake of argument as you ask us to send money for a cause that you think is worthy..were I to plea would you send money to the Nation of Islam as it attempts to help women and chidren of the ghettos of the US...is that not a humanatarian cause?

OnlyOne

I'm going to have to jump in for dianek. Firstly, I want to say that I completely agree with her posting this thread. Why? Because she didn't post it with the intention to make a political statement, she did it with the intention of helping her brothers and sisters! This sister has repeatedly stated this is why she posted that, so instead of telling her she's being naive for trying to make a "political move", let's commend her on her efforts of concern for the Ummah and help her with this effort!

This Darfur crisis is the biggest humanitarian crisis on the globe. But, when a Muslim comes out to to help them, instead of being commended on trying to help them, she faces a barrage of insults and condescending comments. SubhanAllah! May Allah reward you for your efforts of concern for this Ummah sister dianek. :)

If you look at the situation, Muslim children are becoming orphaned, wives are becoming widowed, not to mention raped, beaten, tortured, and killed. Why are we forgetting this? We should stop these political comments and discussions and instead focus on helping these people. Sponsor orphans through Islamic Relief, make flyers to pass in out in the Masajid about what our role should be in helping our brothers and sisters there. We need to keep focused on our roles as being a part of this Ummah, and for this reason, I am going to re-post the Hadith I posted before:

"The Faithful are to one another like [parts of] a building -
each part strengthening the others" and "Every Muslim is a
brother to a Muslim, neither wronging him nor allowing him to be
wronged. And if anyone helps his brother in need, Allah will
help him in his own need; and if anyone removes a calamity from
[another] Muslim, Allah will remove from him some of the
calamities of the Day of Resurrection;
and if anyone shields
[another] Muslim from disgrace, Allah will shield him from the
disgrace on the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim, on
the authority of `Abd Allah ibn `Umar]

Erum90

Muslima
I'm going to have to jump in for dianek. Firstly, I want to say that I completely agree with her posting this thread. Why? Because she didn't post it with the intention to make a political statement, she did it with the intention of helping her brothers and sisters! This sister has repeatedly stated this is why she posted that, so instead of telling her she's being naive for trying to make a "political move", let's commend her on her efforts of concern for the Ummah and help her with this effort!

This Darfur crisis is the biggest humanitarian crisis on the globe. But, when a Muslim comes out to to help them, instead of being commended on trying to help them, she faces a barrage of insults and condescending comments. SubhanAllah! May Allah reward you for your efforts of concern for this Ummah sister dianek. :)

If you look at the situation, Muslim children are becoming orphaned, wives are becoming widowed, not to mention raped, beaten, tortured, and killed. Why are we forgetting this? We should stop these political comments and discussions and instead focus on helping these people. Sponsor orphans through Islamic Relief, make flyers to pass in out in the Masajid about what our role should be in helping our brothers and sisters there. We need to keep focused on our roles as being a part of this Ummah, and for this reason, I am going to re-post the Hadith I posted before:

"The Faithful are to one another like [parts of] a building -
each part strengthening the others" and "Every Muslim is a
brother to a Muslim, neither wronging him nor allowing him to be
wronged. And if anyone helps his brother in need, Allah will
help him in his own need; and if anyone removes a calamity from
[another] Muslim, Allah will remove from him some of the
calamities of the Day of Resurrection;
and if anyone shields
[another] Muslim from disgrace, Allah will shield him from the
disgrace on the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim, on
the authority of `Abd Allah ibn `Umar]

I agree completely! As for the Nation of Islam- I would suggest reading Malcolm X's Autobiography to realize how deceptive the organization truly is.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:Louis faraqan about darfur just another perspective
salaam
jameel

:salam2: Brother Jameel,
Thank you very much for this informative radio talk piece.
For those who want to seek the truth about Darfur there is quite a bit of information in it.
For others, I pray to Allah (SWT) to guide them towards the truth.
Eventually Allah will give us victory, but before that we Muslims will have to go thru many trials and tribulation like Darfur. So, do not get disheartened, hold on to the rope of Allah (SWT). We will be victorious, Insha-Allah !!!
:wasalam:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Saalam,

Wow, I can't believe how many post were made in a rude manner.
There is no purpose in turning this thread into a political discussion, and bickering amongst ourselves. If that was the purpose the thread should have been under "news and politics".
That being said, I sincerely believer sister Dianek did not intend this to be a political matter (even if the move by ICC is political nature).
Also brother, Munawar had raised some interesting points which I think could be made into a thread under "news and politics" (Infact he should make a thread about it if he feels so strongly about the issue, I wouldn't mind looking into the links and information he provides).

The situation in Darfur is horrible, alot of people are getting hurt Muslims and Christians, so those of us who are capable of helping should indeed help through Muslim Relief Organizations (or w/e organization you see fit).

That being said, Thank you everyone for stopp bickering and condemming each other, next time sincerely try your best to post in polite way.
Every point in an argument can be made in polite manner without using rude manner, just don't let your passion get in the way.
May Allah bestow sakeena and hikmah on us during moments and frustations.

Mirjamom,
Thank you for posting you always make wonderful posts and express your opinion in best of manners!
Jazakallah Khair

Wasalam,

Shoaib.

justoneofmillion

You post something about Elijah Mohammad.....what for.......I have no interest in listening to ANYTHING that has to do with him, Farakahn or the NATION OF ISLAM! That is radical bunch of racists...........that would be like me coming to you with some works from the leader of some Arian nation group.....holds no value to either of us.

Bottom line is everyone cries about injustices against muslims but when muslims are suffering in a place like Darfur not one of the muslim countries steps and bothers with it.

I don't like American policies, nor do I like what is happening at the hand of Al-Bashir but the fact is I do care about women and children suffering through the nightmare.....

I URGE you all to please support SaveDarfur.Org..........sign petitions, send $, I have. And will as I can. Forget stupid politics for a while and think of humanity, your sisters, your brothers....
:salam2:Thank you for reminding me of my duties,but i must admit that i was not waiting for you to reconcile with my conscience and islamic principles, however good effort if your heart is beating for this you are still healthy alhamdulillah although you did not comment on what was said on the video but more about who said it...
Anyways peace be with you and chill please,i did not say anything against your original article,merely proposed another perspective on the issue to help us connect the dots and see clearer through the huge amount of information we are getting from all over the place, that s all we are just sharing thoughts.The prophet :saw:. is reported to have said in one of the hadeeths.The Prophet(SAW) said: “There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade: a just ruler; a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic; a man whose heart is attached to the mosques; two men who love each other for Allah’s sake, meeting for that and parting upon that; a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position [for illegal intercourse], but be says: ‘I fear Allah’, a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity; and a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.” (Bukhari & Muslim)

Remember that we all have our critical minds , we are all rebellious and skeptical towards different matters sometimes opposite may be, as much as we all have been shaped by our different upbringing, environment and the vision of the world it projects ,it is not easy to decentralize and see clear in all this chaos that is going on in the world right now,you remind Muslims of their duty of consistency that is a noble call indeed,but as soon as you do that you will hear the echos of JUStICE for ALL in the broader context the world is in nowadays,we are all looking in different directions,we all get affected by different events at different stages of our lives and the sensitivities this may accentuate in one way or another.

To point fingers at each other or to feel misunderstood and play the victims over and over again from one side or the other ,or whatever sides there may be out there in our perceptions is a waist of time in my mind,we just need maybe to emerge ourself into the universe of reference of the other and try to understand what he is trying to say,what he believes in and why he sees it the way without any fathering attitude or presupposed distinction of oneself we need to come thoughether in humanity,this is the only way forward for a better world. Yet am sorry to say that the medias ,newspapers ...etc do not offer that much of a fertile ground for this to happen ,they wanna polarize ,they wanna shift focus, they are partisans of certain causes and agendas no matter how much they claim to bee free and neutral,they cloud their marks so well as to make it always difficult to see the distinction.Like in his case most of the time they portray just a portion of reality,they are professionals they do it well.Look at ourselves we are arguing our skepticism towards each other is growing,we are keeping it thrilling in their circus,why would they stop!!and they will still play the puppeteers and guide our fingers to "their" respective "truths" as long as we haven t decided to search and long for the ultimate truth and start pointing fingers towards it instead of pointing them at each other.

Well,these are my theoretical two cents concerning this matter, i hope the money that is given will actually go where it is supposed to when it comes to being practical ill do my part ALLaH swt emphasizes much on the intentions of people as he certainly hears the heart talks jalla wa alla.

salaam
respectfully
jameel

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Two points. I. I have read the autobiography of Brother Shabazz. Please reread what I wrote. Do not knock the community until you have worked with them. Do not let prejudice become your veil.
2. Would someone please post a historical account of the role of Sudan during the SIx Day War.

As Muslims we help all of the creatures of the Creator. As Muslims we do not make a flowerly show of charity. As Muslims we make dua for our brothers and sisters. Afterall, we want for each other what we have for our selves. May Allah grant us the means to assist His Creation.

dianek

Salaam,

The Nation of Islam may not be Muslim but they are making efforts to work with Muslims.
Please do not equate them with being racist. It is just the opposite. The works of the Nation of Islam has always assisted the communities they have been involved with. Crime goes down and work gets done.
Please put your prejudices aside and listen to the message. The man knows his stuff.
Just for the sake of argument as you ask us to send money for a cause that you think is worthy..were I to plea would you send money to the Nation of Islam as it attempts to help women and chidren of the ghettos of the US...is that not a humanatarian cause?

Ok, has Louis Farakahn not referred to whites as white devils? I have read his publication newspaper.....on the corner of streets in Richmond men dressed in their bow ties taking my money for a paper claiming "to help inner city youth" then as I read it is filled with hate against my race........but they can take my money huh? This organization is racist! And to answer your question NO I WOULD NOT GIVE THEM $$$$$..............there are better organizations....Habitat for Humanity, The DAily Planet, YMCA's, Day care centers for underpriviledged children to attend so their mothers can work their way out of poverty. I initially wanted to be a social worker and work with inner city youths.......but I would NEVER support Nation of Islam!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, I am not filled with hate. I have worked with the Nation of Islam in the ghettos of Washington D.C. Nor do I let my emotions get the best of me. You have proven my point sadly..you admonish Muslims for not helping Muslims yet you write hate about an organization that works to help Black Americans better themselves independently, they do not kill nor lynch nor rob nor rape, they help women raise children to become respectable men, thereby helping the entire community in your own backyard.
You have reduced this post to a racial level. You are the one that interjected the word racist and you are the one to use the phrase " against my race". Islam is not limited to race nor should Muslims ever use the word race. We are family.
We are Muslims first and foremost and it has nothing to do with the color of your skin or lack of color.

Umm Rayaan

salam to all

sister Dianek just wanted to call attention to the evil happinings going on in Darfur and she is just trying her best to do sth I believe she posted this post to ask for help but instead ppl talk about the leaders.. who is more worse Bush or Al Bashir...? who cares . I´m angry cuz we always point at others but we don´t look at ourselves...... and we also do not give a damn about the ppl there in Darfur or anywhere.. and when there is so who is calling to attention to help we ignore it. The ummah is in a bad situation not because of Bush or anyone but because of usself... ...

nicely put

I´m a muslim and im really offended by someone posting louis farakhans video on this forum.
This sect is fueled with politics and racísm and has nothing to do with Islam.
And it is disturbing that his video is posted on this site (correcting the most common misconceptions about islam)
You mean you had to post his video here just to prove your point? Sorry to jump on you like that.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The video was educational and as the poster wrote it was to present a different perspective. I am quite concerned that there are several members here who have used the word racist to describe Black Muslims. Funny thing is I have never met any Black Muslim show me any disrespect. Black Muslims have upheld Muslims. Why would we dishonor those who respect us? Please show me where any Black Muslim has slandered any Muslim. And I repeat let us drop our prejudices..Islam is not limited to race!.

You did not view the video. It is similar to judging the book by its cover..he told the truth.

Umm Rayaan

I viewed the video. And im black and still find it disturbing that his video is posted here. So what if you think his post is educational. Does that justify the means of posting it, knowing the sect is fueled with politics and racism.
You know this world is full of different races, and all of them suffer. Why highlight only one race. It´s like a zionist, going on about how their people suffered and ignoring others, or a white supremacist, talking about how their race is suffering.

You know brother once we go down that road, nothing justifies the means.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
I dont want to open an argument about Nation of Islam ,Allah SWT be their judge ,
but I was in their Mosque and I was asked to leave the Mosque ,because I'm white ,i will repeat exactly why ..They TOLD ME ,Im their sister but Im white ,and I cant enter the Mosque ,and it was freezing and snowing and I had to stay outside to wait for my friend ,which was allowed inside coz she is moroccan..Isn't that called racism from their side or what is it?

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.