Why are you crying?

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

One day 'Umar ibn al-Khattab came into the house of the Prophet to find him lying on a simple mattress which left its marks on his body. Umar started to sob. 'Why are you crying? O 'Umar', said the Prophet. 'I thought of Caesar and Chosroes sitting on thrones of gold, wearing silk. And you are the messenger of Allah, yet here you are sitting on this simple mattress.'

'O Umar', said the Prophet, 'are you not satisfied that they have this world and we have the next?' So simple and austere were his living habits that he went half-hungry most of the time. 'A'ishah reported that for three consecutive nights, a fire was not kindled in the homes of the Prophet because there was nothing to be cooked. When asked how they managed, she said they depended on water and dates (the two blacks). Where is the basis for the image of a self-indulgent, luxury-loving ruler with his 'harem' which some critics of the Prophet have contrived to draw for him? Source: "Sunshine at Madinah"

huda2

:salam2:

Jazakalahu khair akhi that is very good, today in this dunya nothing satisfied us even when we have every thing (material),we always need more when we know this dunyah is nothing but a trip subhan Allah.

Islam!!yay

This thread makes me wonder why the rulers of saudia arabia get such big palaces if they base their country under islam .?

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
This thread makes me wonder why the rulers of saudia arabia get such big palaces if they base their country under islam .?

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Exactly. They have elevated their status even in the Holy Mosque. How do thier hearts accept to do something like that. They come up with the wierdest "innovations" and put them into practice, without taking to mind any consequences.

Indeed, materialism gain of this world is just temporary. It is for the disbelievers. For them is this world, and for the Believers is that. the Eternal world, where the Glamour is forever. Alhamdulillah we are Muslims. We will be held accountable for everything that we have done. May Allah make easy on us the Questioning in the grave and the Hereafter Insha Allah. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Mahzala

:mashallah:The poor life is the best, subhanallah!! Jazakallahu Khairan!:hearts:

Assalamualaikum

It doesnt exactly have to be poor. Limited, I guess is the word. Not being extravagant. Satisfying the basic needs and *some* wants I guess shouldnt matter.

We are living in a very rapid world. Where technology is at its peak. In order to perform daily activities and to know the world around us, to educate ourselves and our younger generations, we need these innovations. These technologies. Once we consider that, it is no longer a poor life. In today's society and in particular, in the West, and once we are living in it, our needs and most of our wants are satisfied, that then, we cannot call poor.

There is a Hadith that is originally about Pride. One of the Sahabah then questions the Prophet :saw: about whether this applies to a man who likes to dress nicely or have nice things. The Holy Prophet :saw: then answers that Allah is beautiful and He likes beauty. I do not have that Hadith at hand, I am recalling it from memory. My apologies.

We can have good things, a good lifestyle, there is nothing wrong in that. The earnings should be halal and a certain anmount should be put aside to spend in the cause of Allah. And that should be okay. May Allah SWT put Barakah in all of our lives Insha Allah. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Yes, some of us have the good things in life...yet, there are many millions who do not. We have to be cognizant, as our faith requires us, that poverty exists all around us. If we deny this we suffer from the ailment of poverty of the soul.
As to how well others live..let it be..let us fulfill our obligation by being rich in zakaat.

Mahzala

Salaam,

Yes, some of us have the good things in life...yet, there are many millions who do not. We have to be cognizant, as our faith requires us, that poverty exists all around us. If we deny this we suffer from the ailment of poverty of the soul.
As to how well others live..let it be..let us fulfill our obligation by being rich in zakaat.

Assalamualaikum

Yes My Dear Aapa. That is why I mentioned that we must spend in the cause of Allah too, a part of those earnings.

I am aware of the state of the countless individuals who consider mud as a first class meal. I feel for them. And I pray for them, always. May Allah accept our duas. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You are so correct..we must spend as if there is no tomorrow...for everything comes from Him...if we give a kind word..He gives us the universe in return.