Greetings from here

Ivan

Hello,
My name is Ivan and I am from southamerica. I used to be a Catholic and so I thought this was the true religion left by Jesus. Let me tell you that Catholic's teaching is far away from what the bible says and is based on traditions such as: processions, idoling saints, repeat praying and repetition of precedures etc.

I came to Finland several years ago and 4 years ago my life was miserable. I tried to reach God to rescue me but is in those difficult times where the faith of one person can be tested. I realized that although I had been catholic for all my existence, my faith was very weak. I stopped to use traditions and went through a sincere confession and conversation with God and then it happened.... I discovered Jesus, my saviour, father, king and friend, and the reason of my life. I have been a true christian (=those who believe and obey in what Jesus says) since 4 years and even that difficult times may come, I am stand in the rock.

Having had a catholic background I can say that religion does not lead anyone to God since God ask not for traditions but for a intime relationship.

Well, the reason why I subscribed to this web page is that I have seen a lot of expresions from Islam about Jesus and I am curious to know what are the fundamentals of those arguments. Also, I am interested in learning the mentality of muslims.

Regards,
Ivan

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2:

WeLcOmE to the website Ivan,Inshallah hope you benifit from it.:muslim_child:

:wasalam:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Ivan,

I hope you do find the truth you're searching for, and that is only possible when you open your heart and reflect on the facts which Allah (swt) has brought to us through all of His Messengers and Prophets.

You can start by reading the Qur'an, and you see for yourself whether that what you believed till now, does it all make sense?, is it what I wanted to believe but didn't know how to express this belief, whether Allah (God Almighty) has shown us the Path after Jesus (peace be upon him) has gone through His last Prophet Muhammad (saws) but we just couldn't find it yet!

We can only help and assist you on presenting to you what Islam teaches and it's up to you to judge for yourself, and in the end it's only Allah (swt) who guides you or us all to the straight Path.

I ask Allah (swt) to show His Mercy and guide you too.

You can browse through different threads on our forum, any questions you have just give us a shout.

Enjoy your stay.

Noor to shine

one creator

You are welcome: Islam teaches that this being belongs to one creator Allah most Glorified everything else: Universe, people, animals, plants.........are his creation. Allah due to his unlimited mercy sent many prophets to guide humanity the final of them are Jesus peace be upon him and Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa salam. We muslems believe in Allah , all his prophets , all his angels, all his books and we believe in the day of judjment when perfect absolute justice will be established among all creatures by the mercy of Allah.
We don`t believe that Jesus is God or son of God but a human : a most noble human : a prophet of God.

Noor

shadykan

First, welcome and feel free to ask any question!!!
And thanks for being open minded, and for looking for the truth.

May God guide us all.

Once again, if there is anything, ANYTHING, you don't understand, you want to know, or you're skeptical about, just ask.

There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers lol.

And yes we DO believe in Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, Sidna Issa, as we call him in arabic. But we believe that Jesus is not God nor His son, but a human being, a Prophet, sent by God.

May Allah guide us all.

As you have a christian background, and you're looking for the truth, i recommend a video named "Is Jesus God",it's a debate between Ahmed Deedat and pastor Stanley. Very interesting, you can find it on Google video !!!

Tahar

Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet and messenger of God (Allah). We also believe in the immaculate conception of Jesus Christ. Here are a couple verses from the Holy Quran about Jesus and Mary:

1. Mary is the Quran:

“And Mary the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit: and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of his Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants)”, (Quran, 66:12)

2. What the Quran says about Jesus Christ (pbuh):

“Behold the angels said: O Mary God giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God; He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. and he shall be (of the company) of the righteous”, (Quran, 3:45-46)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Alsalam Alakum

Hello,
Welcome to the site Ivan it is nice to have you join us. And we really appreciate you wanting to learn about Islam.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask, im sure everyone on the site including me will take the time to answer all your questions.
Thank You,

~Firdaus~

sl.gif

:SMILY206:

duran

Welcome to TTI Ivan

Ivan as you know, we muslims believe in Jesus!

The reason why i said this because The Qur’an tells us a lot of wonderful things about Jesus.

The Qur’an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that he healed the blind and the leper by God’s leave, and that he raised the dead by God’s leave.

The Quran also tells us that some of the Israelites rejected Jesus, and conspired to kill him, but Allah (God) rescued Jesus and raised him to Himself. Allah will cause Jesus to descend again, at which time Jesus will confirm his true teachings and everyone will believe in him as he is and as the Qur’an teaches about him.

We also believe the virgin birth of Jesus. When the angels announced to Mary (peace be upon her) about Allah’s promise that she will have a son, she was surprised, since she was a virgin. “How can this be?” she thought. She was reminded that it is easy for Allah to create whatever he wills.

She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me? He said: So (it will be). Allah createth what He will. If He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is (Qur’an 3:47).

It is not difficult for Allah to do anything he wants. He can create a child with both human parents or only one. No miracle is beyond His power. After all, He had created Adam (peace be upon him) from neither a man nor a woman. He created the rest of us from both man and woman. What is so hard if Allah decides to create a human being from a woman only? He only commands “Be!” and it occurs.

Some people think that since Jesus, peace be upon him, had no human father then God must be his father. The Qur’an rejects this view. The position of Jesus with Allah is comparable to the position of Adam with Allah. Just because Adam had no human parent does not mean we should call him the Son of God.

Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. (Qur’an 3:59).

According to the Qur’an, everyone except Allah are His servants.

And they say: the Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a Son. Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing, whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall to ruins, that ye ascribe to the Beneficent a son, when it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should chose a son. There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave. (Qur’an 19:88-93)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salaam(peace) and Love...

and WELCOME AGAIN