Somali Dikhr

Salem9022

The following are innovations which should not be done. It is not noted in the History of Islaam for ANY of the companions to having done it, nor is there any source for it. On the overall, these videos show a disgusting alteration of Islaam; reducing it to acting like animals and portraying Islaam in a very ignorant manner.

It does not matter where or when it takes place, it's wrong, read further:

With regard to dhikr recited in unison, the Standing Committee was asked about du’aa’ and dhikr recited in unison, and they answered:

The basic principle concerning dhikr and acts of worship is that there is no room for adding or subtracting anything. Allaah should only be worshipped in the ways that He has prescribed; this applies whether it is something that can be done at any time or something that is limited to a specific time and how it is to be done and how many times it is to be done. With regard to dhikrs and du’aa’s that Allaah has prescribed and all kinds of worship that are not limited with regard to time and numbers, location or a particular way in which they are to be done, it is not permissible for us to adhere to a particular way, time or number; rather we are to do these acts of worship without restrictions as it was prescribed.

In matters where it isproven in the words or deeds of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that an action is to be done at a certain time or a certain number of times or in a certain place or in a certain manner, then we should worship Allaah in accordance with what has been prescribed. It has not been proven from the words or deeds or approval of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he recited du’aa’ in unison with others following the prayers, or after reading Qur’aan, or following each lesson, whether that took the form of the imaam reciting du’aa’ and the congregation saying Ameen to his du’aa’, or whether they all recited du’aa’ together in unison. That was not known at the time of the Rightly-Guided Khaleefahs or any of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). Whoever adheres to the practice of reciting du’aa’ in unison following the prayers or after reading Qur’aan or after every lesson has innovated something and introduced into the religion something which is not a part of it. It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours (i.e. Islam) that is not part of it will have it rejected.” And he said: “Whoever does something that is not in accordance with this matter of ours (Islam) will have it rejected.”

If it were prescribed to adhere to a certain way of doing it, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his successors (khulafa’) after him would have adhered to that. We have stated above that no such thing was proven from him or from his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them). All goodness is to be found in following the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the guidance of the Rightly-Guided Khulafa’ (may Allaah be pleased with them); all evil is to be found in going against their guidance and following the innovated matters against which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us by saying, “Beware of newly-innovated matters, for every innovation is misguidance.” May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 4/178

"Dhikr" in Somalia
[yt]ywgw0rOWzIw[/yt]

"Dhikr" Ritual in London
[yt]wr2ewBo1Hfw&feature=related[/yt]

More wierd Bidah
[yt]AR-Ce9UKKW4&feature=related[/yt]

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Hmm.

I'm no scholar or anything and Allah knows best, but it seems to me that everything in these videos is okay so long as no one is saying that they're wajib.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I'm no scholar or anything and Allah knows best, but it seems to me that everything in these videos is okay so long as no one is saying that they're wajib.

Ya akhi, just a summary of what islam says. With regards to ibadah or acts of worship like praying ,dhikir, fasting , hajj and many more, it has to follow what islam prescribe for us if not our deeds will be rejected.How do we know whether islam prescribe this or that, then we have to look through the quran and authentic hadith. With regards to the video, we have to find evidence or daleel from quran and authentic hadith to say whether the prophet SAW or the companions did this. If he or the companions did not do this, we reject this action.

I hope you understood me. If not , i can rephrase...:hearts:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Salem Akhi, just for future reference, if you post videos like this and want to get a point across, please put a short introduction explaining - as this can be taken in the wrong way otherwise.

wasalam

Ikran

I heard this is bidah agains the sunnah? am I wrong?

:wasalam:

Salaamu Alaikum,

No, you are not wrong. I don't want to give my own Fatwa but insha Allah you can read the Fatwa below by our beloved Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz.

The Ruling on Celebrating the Prophet's Birthday

Question: Is it permissible for Muslims to celebrate in the Masjid with dhikr and readings from the Seerah (Biography) of Prophet (r) on the night of the 12th of Rabee'-ul-Awwal, especially on the Prophet's birthday without making it a day of Eid? There is some differing between us as to whether it's Bid'ah Hasanah (good innovation) or not.

Answer: It's not from the way of Muslims to gather to celebrate the Prophet's birthday on the night of the 12th of Rabee'-ul-Awwal or any other night. Likewise, it is not from the way of Muslims to gather for any birthday celebration of any one, including the Prophet (p.b.u.h.). And this affair of celebrating and gathering for the birthday of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) is an innovation and a newly introduced matter in the Religion. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) never celebrated his birthday during his lifetime. And he was the one who communicated the Religion to us and legislated its legislation (for us) with Allaah's authority. This affair of celebrating the Prophet's birthday was not practiced by the rightly guided Khaleefahs or his Companions nor by those who preceded them in righteousness because they knew it was an innovation.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said:

"He who innovates something in this affair of ours (i.e. Sunnah) that is not part of it, will have it rejected." (Bukhaari and Muslim)

And in another version of the Hadeeth:

"He who does an act which is not in agreement with our affair (i.e. religion), will have it rejected."

This celebrating of the Prophet's birthday is not from his practice but rather it is something that was introduced into the Religion by the later generations of Muslims and so it is to be rejected.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) would say in his Friday khutbah (sermon):

"To Proceed. Surely the best speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of all guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. And the worst of all affairs are newly invented things and every newly invented thing is an innovation and every innovation is astray." (Sahih Muslim)

It is also recorded by an-Nasa'i with a good chain of narration with the addition:

"...and every astray is in the Hellfire."

By: Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz

palestine

Servant of Allah
i haven't watched the videos cause dad is listening to bbc. but since it says "somali dikhr", i'm guessing it's the celebration of the prophet's birthday or either it is those chants. by the way this is done by the Sufi somalis not the sunnis. this is due to ignorance and lack of education in most of somalia. and yes this is wrong and needs to be stopped. so the educated somalis are trying to stop this, and those who used to do it are also stopping now. i'll watch later and reply inshallah. the somali scholars of islam have made many lectures about such things and alhamdulillah many are taking heed. peace.

palestine

Servant of Allah
well now i watched it and many somali scholars who have studied the deen well say that this is forbidden. they're not doing normal dikhr. all those other sounds are being added and all day they just keep saying one thing over and over again. like i said before this is usually the practice of the sufis as i know it. where i came from it was natural for people to do this because it has been passed on for generations from some ancestors. this clearly has really nothing to do with islam. dikhr should be done correctly and in an appropriate form. having gatherings such as this and making sounds doesn't really help. anyways alhamdulillah that this is not what i do. some of my relatives are sufis but it is due to the incorrect knowledge they have about islam. they're very old most of them and don't want to accept change. peace.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
this are very old videos. thats why you say It does not matter where or when it takes place.

The point is just that these types of I'baadah are Wrong, and they are not from the Sunnah, So why would it matter when they take place of where, what benefit would that bring?

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I can't help but feel this is an attempt to get a jab in at the Somalis. It appears window dressing in the form of "don't do bidah" was used to make the jab appear palatable to everyone else. The videos were unnecessary as was mentioning any particular people. Bidah is forbidden, period, so why is it necessary to show bidah and then point out a specific subgroup of Somalis performing bidah?

I am sure I can find bidah being done in every corner of the world and in every country. I can also post fatwas and ayas from the Qu'ran explaining why bidah is forbidden, all without alienating my brothers and sisters and maybe...and get close here so you can get my point.....maybe make some of them rethink a cultural practice and stop it. <lightbulb!> That means I can help stop bidah without creating anger and defensiveness, all for the sake of Allah!!

Is anyone getting my point here?

Wasalaam

Sarah

Idris16

thank you ShyHijabi . i told salem that sufis are a minority in somalia. but then coming with a thread saying somali dhikr. why cant he say sufi dhikr instead? if he says somali dhikr it means that all somalis do like the sufis does.

Salem9022

Salaam,

I can't help but feel this is an attempt to get a jab in at the Somalis. It appears window dressing in the form of "don't do bidah" was used to make the jab appear palatable to everyone else. The videos were unnecessary as was mentioning any particular people. Bidah is forbidden, period, so why is it necessary to show bidah and then point out a specific subgroup of Somalis performing bidah?

I am sure I can find bidah being done in every corner of the world and in every country. I can also post fatwas and ayas from the Qu'ran explaining why bidah is forbidden, all without alienating my brothers and sisters and maybe...and get close here so you can get my point.....maybe make some of them rethink a cultural practice and stop it. <lightbulb!> That means I can help stop bidah without creating anger and defensiveness, all for the sake of Allah!!

Is anyone getting my point here?

Wasalaam

Sarah

Sorry If you felt that way, I didn't have the intention of making this a "Somali" Thing, Yes there are Soufies everywhere, and I did post Videos of them from other countries as well.

Also Heegan, most of the Somalies are Soufies for a long time. Somalie is like Pakistan when it comes to the Aqeedah except that they don't have Tablighies, Hindus, etc. Many of them are followers of Habib Ali Al-Jifri the Soufi Mystic from Yemen. Which you probably know.

Yes now there are Many Somalies who are abondening the nonsence of the Soufi religion and coming in to the Sunnah Just like many Muslims around the world that is why the time right now is for Dawah calling people back to Tawheed and the Sunnah, But you want us to Unite with these people and Deobandies/Taliban etc. which we can never do. You want us to unite with people who hate the sunnah and Innovate in the religion, That is what I am against.

ShyHijabi

thank you ShyHijabi . i told salem that sufis are a minority in somalia. but then coming with a thread saying somali dhikr. why cant he say sufi dhikr instead? if he says somali dhikr it means that all somalis do like the sufis does.

taliban was the best thing happening afghanistan

Salaam,

I will respectfully have to disagree with you there, brother. Anyone who makes it illegal for girls to get their education after the age of eight are not good Muslims. Our Prophet (saws) was very strict when advising that daughters were to be treated as equally to sons and this is a direct violation of that edict. I think the Taliban may have started out with a good idea but too many people let the authority go to their head and began inventing strange laws with no Islamic basis.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

ShyHijabi

Sorry If you felt that way, I didn't have the intention of making this a "Somali" Thing, Yes there are Soufies everywhere, and I did post Videos of them from other countries as well.

Salaam,

Brother, I think you missed my point. By focusing on their nationality you may have alienated your Somali brothers and sisters. You may have not had intention of making this a "Somali" Thing but the title of your thread did just that very thing. There is no shame in discouraging bidah but the delivery of the message is the key. As brother Heegan said, the title would've much more effective if you said "Sufi dikhr." Who cares if there were a lot of Sufis in Somalia? If they have returned to the Sunnah then why rehash the past? What will that accomplish? I think it will accomplish division in the Ummah and infighting between Muslims...you know, shaitaans goal?

Wasalaam

~Sarah