Salam alikom

alyssa

Convert
:salam2:
My name is Alyssa. I am 22. I live in USA. I converted to Islam just over 3 months ago. I am very happy i did! would like to get to learn more sisters insh'Allah!
looking forward to hearing from you!
:allahuakbar: :ma:
alyssa

Wa Alaikoum Assalma Wa Rahmato Allah Wa Barakatuh

Assalamo Alaikoum
i am happy that Allah guided you to his straight path.
Your are welcome sister and we hope you all best things incha'Allah in life and Janat Al-Firdaws Amin Ya Rab Al A'lamine
Salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
alyssa said:
My name is Alyssa. I am 22. I live in USA. I converted to Islam just over 3 months ago. I am very happy i did! would like to get to learn more sisters insh'Allah!
looking forward to hearing from you!
:allahuakbar: :ma:
alyssa
:wasalam:

Welcome to the Site Alyssa, thats great mashaallah..

inshaAllah will hear more from you,

take care

waslaam

Ameer.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Wa Alaykum...

My name is Nooriah I'm 21 from South Africa....
Its always a happy day for me to hear from new ppl reverting to Islaam... Insha'Allah the Almighty will all shine down on you with favour.. Ameen

If you need to know something just post and I'll reply Insha'Allah...

Sister Nooriah

Hajar

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sis Alyssa,

MashaAllah sis thats great news!!!

Insha'Allah I look forward to reading your posts :)

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me

Wasalam,

Hajar

mortarib

Assalamo alayekom sisters and brothers,
i am ahmed 23 years old muslim from canada, that's my first visit on this web site and my first post, i am visiting this web site in order to discus and share opinions with you my sisters and brothers and know more about my religion.
thank you and allah with you.:)

alyssa

Convert
Salam alikom,
How r u? I am good. I sometimes find Islam a demanding religion. I do not yet pray all the time (only at Jummah and when I am with Chandni), but I am engaged and he is from Morocco, so Insh'Allah very soon I will pray all 5 salat. Is it ok if I just start by praying 1 salat and every few days add 1 more until I get to 5? I was told by my Wali to dao that. Is taht allowed?
Salaams,
alyssa

tarik

walaykoum salam warahmatou allah wa baraktouh
i am tarik 22 yeas from Morocco
I think what is great in Salat prayer is that you have contact in it with our lord ,and we muslim we are very close to Allah when we make sujud and we ask him SAWT what we want in Dounia and in the day after,this is why we find that believers find their hapiness when they are praying,so in my opinio with that spirit we will not find difficult anymore to make Salat ,but we will enjoy it.May Allah guide us All to the right path
:wasalam: ::)

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
alyssa said:
Salam alikom,
How r u? I am good. I sometimes find Islam a demanding religion. I do not yet pray all the time (only at Jummah and when I am with Chandni), but I am engaged and he is from Morocco, so Insh'Allah very soon I will pray all 5 salat. Is it ok if I just start by praying 1 salat and every few days add 1 more until I get to 5? I was told by my Wali to dao that. Is taht allowed?
Salaams,
alyssa
Wa Alaykum Sister...

Its good to start off gradully and then ease into your Saulaah, Ive read this book called "When you hear hoof Beats think Zebra" it's book on sufiasm, the one mufti says in there that spiritallity is a gradual process... he links it to taking medication and say that making Saulaah and Dhikr is like taking medication to make yourself better, but you hav to ake it in doses or else you could harm yourself.... So baisically what I gather from it is one should take the practices of Islaam gradually because you will come to understand it better and one will start becoming accustomed to the fundamental teachings of Islam...

alyssa

Convert
Nooriah said:
Wa Alaykum Sister...

Its good to start off gradully and then ease into your Saulaah, Ive read this book called "When you hear hoof Beats think Zebra" it's book on sufiasm, the one mufti says in there that spiritallity is a gradual process... he links it to taking medication and say that making Saulaah and Dhikr is like taking medication to make yourself better, but you hav to ake it in doses or else you could harm yourself.... So baisically what I gather from it is one should take the practices of Islaam gradually because you will come to understand it better and one will start becoming accustomed to the fundamental teachings of Islam...
Salam alikom
My mom used to be Sufi (that is why her name is Hanifah and my sister Laila). Are Sufi's really Muslims? My Wali told me they are not and this siter told me they practice magic! How can I learn about them? What are good book on Islam for a new Muslim to read? I find the Qur'an hard to understand! I am always looking for free books or ppl to help me out by sending me boos and/or hijabs!

Salam,
alyssa

abd_u_llah

salam wr wb
peace be upon you sister!
a warm welcome to you, and very happy to hear that you have converted to islam:)
wasalam wr wb

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

Sister, Sufis are Muslims. however, they often do things which are not according to Quran and Sunnah. They may introduce new forms of worship, do things which neither the PRophet commanded nor what any of the Companions of the Prophet ever did. For example, sufi in Turkey and syria often do various dances and say it is worship, or they go into trances etc. This is not allowed. Even more dangerous is when they ask help from other than Allah. For example some people pray and supplicate to the dead for help, or they ask help from living Saints, instead of to Allah.

If they have evidence, it is either not authentic or totally forged. So we must be careful.

Everything we do in ISlam, such as the way we worship, should traced back to either the Quran or Sunnah.

The Following Hadith show how Bidah (innovation) is not accepted:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]‘Aisha(R) reported Muhammad(S) said: "Whoever innovates into this affair of ours something that we have not commanded it is to be rejected" (Bukhari and Muslim)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jaabir (R) narrated Muhammad(S) said, "To proceed: The best speech is the Book of Allah and the best guidance and example is that of Muhammad, and the worse of all things are the newly invented things (in the religion), for every innovation is a error and a misguidance." (Muslim) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]"…Every innovation is a going astray and every going astray is in the fire." (Tirmidhi)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Amr ibn Yahya narrated his father told him, "We used to sit at Abdullah Ibn Masood’s house before Fajr prayer. If he exited we would follow him to the musjid. Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari then came to us and asked us, ‘Did Abu Abur-Rahman (Abdullah Ibn Masood) come out yet?’ We said, ‘No’, so he sat with us till he emerged. We all stood up when he exited. He (Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari) said, ‘O Abu Adur-Rahman, I just saw something which I did not recognize, and I did not see, all thanks to Allah, but good.’ He (Ibn Masood) said, ‘What is it?’ He (Abu Musa) said, ‘If you live you will see it. I saw in the musjid people sitting in circles waiting for the prayer. In each circle there is a leader, and they have stones in their hands. He (the leader) would say, ‘Say Takbir (Allahu Akbar) 100 times’, so they say Takbir 100 times. He (the leader) would then say, ‘Say Tahil (La Ilaha Illa Allah) 100 times’, so they say Tahil 100 times. He (the leader) would then say, ‘Say Tasbih (Subhana Allah) 100 times’, so they say Tasbih 100 times. Ibn Masood said, ‘Did you not order them to count their evil deeds, and guarantee them that none of their good deeds will be lost?’ Then he and us left till we reached one of the circles. Then he (Ibn Masood) stood next to the circle and said, ‘What are you doing?’ They said, ‘O Abu Abdur-Rahamn, (these are) stones that we count our Takbir, Tahil, tasbih, and Tah’mid (Alhumdu’lillah).’ Ibn Masood said, ‘Count your evil deeds, for I guarantee that none of your good deeds will be lost. What is the matter with you, O nation of Muhammad? How soon you come to your destruction! The companions (of Muhammad) are still many, these are his clothes still not worn out and his cookware did not break yet. By whom my soul is in His Hands, you are either following a religion better than Muhammad’s or followers of a way of evil.’ They said, ‘By Allah, O Abu Abdur-Rahman, we sought only what is good.’ Ibn Masood said, ‘Many people seek good, but they do not reach it. The Messenger told us some people who read the Qur’an will not have the Qur’an leave their throats (to their hearts). By Allah I do not know if most of you are from them.’ Then he left them. Amr Ibn Salamah said, ‘We saw most of those people fighting against us, in the battle of Nahrawan with the Khawarij.’" (Tirmidhi)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Once a man sneezed in the presence of Ibn Umar and said, "Praise be to Allah and peace be upon the Messenger.’ Ibn Umar chastised the man and said, "The Prophet has only taught us to say Alhumdu’lillah." (Tirmidhi)[/FONT]

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
But, i have to mention that in many places Muslims simply do not really know more than what they have been brought up on. So we should be easy with everyone. inshaAllah, and explain things gradually.

Some often do things which are against ISlam, this is often based on their cultural teachings, what their parents have taught etc and not Islam.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Salaam Mu Alaykum
Brother Ameer..

I agree with you entirely that sometimes sufis practices are out of the norm and out of the teachings of Islaam...
But as with everything in life, one has to extract the good and dismiss the innovation....
My family belongs to a sunni order and i havent witnessed any of them ask for help or protection from anyone execept the Almighty....
We dont go into trances or do dances and call it worship....
We just do our Dhirks as a community....

alyssa

Convert
Salam alikom
How r u all? I am good. I am taking a 2 week class right now and then I start school in September. I will get married in middle of August, insh'Allah.
One reason I want to live with a Muslim is so I can actually wear hijab. My parent's don't allow it. They also do not think in Islam women have to wear long sleeves. They say it is only cultural. What would be a good answer to them and to how early marriage is encouraged in Islam? They say it isn't. even my mom's friend from Pakistan says both are only cultural. I am very confused!
I mean, why do women have to be all covered up but men can wear shorts and short-sleeves>? It makes me feel like men are saying "we cannot control our lusts/sexuality and therefore you have to do it for us!"

Wa Salam

Salah eddine

sister welcome again to this web site.and congratulation for getting married soon really congratulation, I hope you will be happy in your life.
I'm moroccon too and I can tell you moroccan are good and gentle:biggrin:
about hijab and wear it , I think we already spoke about it in this forum I don't remember when exactly, but I think its already done.
Yes Islam encourages early mariage, because it protects us from such mistakes and things that we should not do. So the Early marriage is a real solution for lot of problems that can face young muslims.
:astag: do not say such things I mean about why do men have not to wear like women do, u should really be sure about the stand of woman in islam I'll advice you the video of sister Yvonne Ridley she spoke about women in islam http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21

I hope that I answered to your questions and if you have more I'll be pleased to try to answer if I know
hope that other brothers and sisters will try to make clear these points

salamalikom sister and I really you'll enjoy this site

your brother Yaseen:bananabb2in:

alyssa

Convert
Salaam alikom,
I didn't get married yet. Soon, insh'Allah. My dad is certain he is just after a green card. How can I convince my dad he is not? My dad thinks all Arabs are.
I really love him. Is meeting a spouse online halal or is it just dumb?

alyssa

Convert
alhamdulillah!

:bismillah:
I am getting married in December, insh'Allah! I also just started wearing hijab! Today (Thurs Sept. 14) is my third full day of wearing it alhamdulillah! Monday I took it off before I left school b/c I was afraid my dad would yell at me and give me a hard time. On Tuesday I wore it out to the car and alhamdulillah he did not say anything! My mom comes home tomoorw from a week away- please make Dua'a that she will not be mad and give me a hard time!
:wasalam: