ALLAHUAKBAR!!! Musharraf Steps Down

Almaas

ALLAHUAKBAR!!! Finally he gave up, much to our delight.

Pakistan's Musharraf steps down​

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, facing impeachment on charges drawn up by the governing coalition, has announced that he is resigning.

He went on national TV to say that while he was confident the charges would not stand, this was not the time for more confrontation.

He is accused of violation of the constitution and gross misconduct.

Mr Musharraf has been a key ally of the US in its "war on terror" since he took power in a bloodless coup in 1999.

Reaction in Pakistan is overwhelmingly one of relief that a bruising and lengthy impeachment battle has been avoided, the BBC's Mark Dummett reports from Islamabad.

The key issue now is whether the ruling coalition, which had pushed for Mr Musharraf's exit since winning the February election, can stay united and deliver on its promises, he says.

It will have to agree on a new president, then persuade allies like the US and UK, and its neighbours like India and Afghanistan, that it will be committed to defeating militancy and terrorism, our correspondent adds.

International reaction to Mr Musharraf's resignation was mixed, with the US hailing him as strong ally against terrorism but Afghanistan welcoming his departure as a boost to democracy.

'No bravado'

Looking calm and dressed soberly in a dark suit and tie, President Musharraf said he had decided to resign after consulting his allies and advisers.

In a defiant speech, he said he had believed it was his destiny to save Pakistan, helped by God, and that he had prevented it from being declared a terrorist state.

In a clear reference to his political opponents, he accused unnamed elements of putting themselves above the country and seeking to betray it.

"Not a single charge can be proved against me," he said, while conceding he had made mistakes.

An impeachment process would have plunged the country into more uncertainty, he said, and it was no time for "individual bravado".

The outgoing president listed social, economic and infrastructural improvements made during his rule.

"I leave myself in the hands of the people," he concluded.

After making his speech, the former military leader inspected a guard of honour outside his white palace in Islamabad, stepped into a black limousine and left the presidency.

Cheering crowds poured into the streets of Pakistan's big cities to celebrate Mr Musharraf's departure. In Karachi, lawyers danced in jubilation.

'A friend to the US'
Once Mr Musharraf's resignation letter is received and accepted by the speaker of Pakistan's lower house of parliament, the speaker of the upper house will take over as acting president.

He is Muhammad Mian Sumroo, a member of the pro-Musharraf faction of the Pakistan Muslim League.

The new president must be elected by both houses of Pakistan's parliament and the four provincial assemblies.

Reacting to news of the resignation, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice praised him as a "friend to the United States and one of the world's most committed partners in the war against terrorism and extremism".

She said the US would work with Pakistan's new leaders, pressing on them the need to stem "the growth of extremism".

The UK government wished Mr Musharraf well but stressed that relations did not depend on one individual.

India said it had no comment to make on the resignation since it was an internal matter of Pakistan.

Neighbouring Afghanistan, whose own President, Hamid Karzai, had a very fraught relationship with Mr Musharraf, hoped his departure would boost democracy in both countries.

Mounting pressure

Mr Musharraf's resignation followed more than a year of turbulence.

The unrest began last March when he confronted the judiciary, suspending the chief justice. After widespread strikes and protests, his decision was overturned by the Supreme Court.

Mr Musharraf won the presidential election in October - but the Supreme Court refused to confirm the result.

In November, he declared a state of emergency, citing increasing attacks by militants but eventually stood down as head of the army, giving up his main power base.

The parliamentary election this February, handed a clear victory to the two main opposition parties.

The coalition struck a deal to impeach the president earlier this month and finalised their charges against him hours before he stepped down.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
That is a good step for Pakistan.
I'm not so hopeful with the prospect of Nawaz Sharif as his replacement.
Who knows, maybe he will do something good for Pakistan, he did pass a bill that imposed Sharia law in the tribal provinces, maybe he can continue from where he left of.

Allah knows best.

p.s. What's the point of Pakistani Muslim League? If you ask me they have done much to contribute to Islamic cause.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
One enemy of Allah Ta Alla Azza Wajjal down (too bad he wasn't SHOT down), many more Munafiqs to go. But our Mujahid brothers in Afganistan will continue fighting any Foreign Soldeirs and Munafiqs, like how they are fighting Dostaam, may Allah Ta Alla put him in the lowest pit of Jahanam, Ameen.

But Pakistan will need an Islamic Government, a Government that puts in Shariah, in order to suceed, and Inshallah they shall suceed in doing so, and also the same goes for our brothers who want to make a Shariah state in Bangladesh, May Allah Ta Alla put Barakah in their cause and help them suceed, Ameen Ya Zaljalaly Wal Ekraam.

And Musharaaf claims he did nothing bad, may Allah Ta Alla curse his filthy and dirty liqoured tongue, and make him to never be able to say another word, Ameen.

So many have been killed because of this devil, especially in the seige of Lal Masjid, but so many have entered Shuhadaah, may Allah Ta Alla accept their Shuhadah and make them of those who Suceed, Ameen.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
My thoughts are a WHIRLWIND right now lol.

The good news is: A U.S. puppet and murderer of innocent Muslims is NO LONGER the President of Pakistan.

The bad news? : You've got that IDIOT Zardari now hot on his heels and drooling over the Presidency.

Such a shame based on the fact that I initially thought Musharraf might be good for Pakistan following his coup d'etat. Afterall, despite his stupidity in blindly following the orders of the US, he still managed to keep their troops out of the country. NOW, the odds are someone from the PPP will take the position and if that happens, you know Pakistan is basically doomed to hell.

Which is why I hope that Nawaz Sharif takes the position, because out of him and Zardari, Sharif is the lesser of two evils and he won't become a puppet of the US, which is more than I can say for Zardari.

Despite this issue, this is probably the first step taken towards further stabilizing Pakistan and making it prosperous again inshAllah. However, only Allah knows if this will happen and how beneficial this move was for us. Because although we might rejoice now over the departure of Musharraf as a US puppet, no one is looking or thinking ahead about what possibilities this leaves open and those possibilities are looking at ZARDARI as president.

My guess? If Zardari becomes President, we're (and please excuse my language but I'm very impassioned right now) ROYALLY SCREWED.

And if Sharif becomes President, we MIGHT have a chance at getting back on track.

All to say, what MIGHT be considered something good has JUST opened the door to something possible EVEN WORSE. I'm happy for Pakistan right now but I seriously hope that they look past the current celebration and start thinking ahead and consider what might happen.

Because, honestly, if Zardari becomes President, Pakistan is going to WISH Musharraf was back.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
As for Afghanistan, its people are ONE thing but I could care less how happy their President is. Because God knows Hamid Karzai is NO LESS than Musharraf and if he's happy, then I hope it's HIS turn next. There's another US puppet right there.

Additionally, the CLOSEST we can get to establishing an Islamic government, is by putting Nawaz Sharif in power because God knows what the government will be like if Zardari takes over. :astag:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

And what are the chances that he will be replaced with better? Probably next to nil. Also people, fear Allaah with your tongues, and don't make evil assumptions based upon what has been apparent. No one knows his intents for his actions other than Allaah. And `Abdul Hasib, I think it was far better that he hasn't been shot, think about how much mayhem it would course, and the country would again, be stuck at square 1 (more like 0).

Was-salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brothers and sisters while we are discussing Mr. Musharaff please take a moment to make dua for a Pakistani Sister who is close to death. We need not speculate here...but with our sister she is alone. I am speaking of Dr. Afia Siddique.
Let us make phone calls, e-mails, letters to organizations to help her gain some semblence of dignity. If we are silent are we any better than those you call despots. Let us not turn a blind eye.
She is Pakistani and our obligation is to her as her Muslim brothers and sisters.

justoneofmillion

As-salaamu `alaykum.

No one knows his intents for his actions other than Allaah.

Was-salaam
Assalaam, How would we then define justice down here if not by ones actions,how is the norm of differentiation to be understood and applied if not on the actions of people given the facts that the intents are part of that which is ghayb unknown to us..how could we even coexist,handle and perceive if principles are not clearly defined and measured according to what we can acctually witness?.We can not use this as an excuse for murdering hundreds of muslims i beg to differ akhi, and then make it incumbent on us to view as if he earned himself the benefit of the doubt because his intent was only known by Allah swt.Akhi it sounded as if you were searching to try and justify what he did,that is different from saying leave all matters to Allah azza wa jal correct me if i misunderstood....

I understand the connotation you would make based upon his enormous degree of responsibility to make his position differ given the amount of pressure he might have, which is not that of another normal individual with let s say "less" to carry over his shoulders , although that is still relative in my mind if you allow.You wouldn t certainly say that a random criminal for example that has killed several new born babies ,tortured their mothers and burnt their homes that he shouldn t be put to death... who knows he may have had lot of family pressure or other unfortunate details that somehow turned his actions away from his intent... now that would lead to a soul doctor s and psychiatrists boom all over the Muslim majority countries just like here in the west, when we know and believe that there is no other remedy to the soul but the word of Allah swt.

If tomorrow they united and agreed among themselves like every continent is doing, they won t have to be afraid of speaking or handling freely as there will always be one to back up the other using his strategical military or economic pressures.We the youth will be there to support and honor them in every possible way and under any situation if we see even a tiny glimpse of izza on their faces.

Nevertheless i believe that such people under normal circumstances should be trialled for murder and treason period in a fair system where the leader would also be accountable for his actions as it should be . Allah swt is enough as witness that what i say is true.He did not ask from us to ignore every injustice we see or to put the fingers inside our ears not to hear the mournings and the cries.He created us as humans with weaknesses a sense of justice a basic sense of furquan between good and bad through an intellect and a heart that are meant to harmonize among each other .He knows how we are. Life s sanctity is too precious to become an object of merchandising.la youkallifu llaha naffssan illa wassiha,and certain things Musharraf did were simply unbearable he has been more of a mudallil than a Musharraf .May allah guide him and guide us all.

wassalaam
respectfully
jameel

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

The day will come when Musharraf will be shown his deeds. He knows it himself and its no secret to him. So dont worry brothers and sisters. We need to be more careful about ourselves rather than looking at somebody whom we do not even know personally. Leave everything to Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. HE is in control of all things. As Aapa said, make duas for our sister Aafia siddiqui, who is suffering at the hands of wrongdoers.

wa/salam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^You mean the Pakistani mother who is at the hands of AmreeKKKan prison gaurds in Guantanamo?

Personally, I feel that if what she's going through is from Allah Ta Alla Azza Wajjal and if HE feels that it's best for her to go through those tortures, because Allah Ta Alla's love his Ebadi Muslims can be shown by this one way (out of the many), that he gives them torture in this world to forgive them for their sins and so he can increase their Ajr in the Akirah, and it's the same for the Untie Afia Siddique, May Allah Ta Alla increase her happiness by having the honor of being tortured in the hands of the enemies of Allah Ta Alla, like Sheikh Ibn Al Taymiyyah (Rahmatullah Alyh).

And we should never forget that we shouldn't despare over what happens in life for us, whether we are being oppressed or if we have health problems, because Allah Ta Alla only wants what's best for us, because he loves us, and so these are signs of his mercy, and our need to be partient, becasue the enemies of Allah Ta Alla (such as Bush-a-Ruff, Dostaam, Karzai, Karimov, may Allah Ta Alla multiply their Ahzaab by the thousands and have them suffer the pits of Jahanam, Ameen) shall have nothing but a painful and severe torment in the hereafter, and the later the punishment Allah Ta Alla gives them (later as in Al Qiyyamah, the Akirah, as apposed to the Duniyah, now), the more their punishment increases, and for them, they shall have no one to blame but themselves.

And I agree with you brother Jameel, the youth shall stand strong and hold Islam up like the Ansari among the Sahabi of Medinah, before the battle of Uhud, Muhammad (SAW) made the decision to either have the Muslims fight in Medinah, or go out and meet the army face to face in battle, and the Munafiq (who were mature and older) were scared to fight, so they wanted the battle to be in Medinah so they can run home away from the fight, while the young men of Ansari had their Eman high, and they chose to meet the army in battle like brave men, and 1/3 of the Army defected, leaving 700 Mujahid in The Battle of Uhud, while the 300 cowards ran home to escape the fight saying,

"If we knew that there would be fighting, we would have joined. And they were saying with their tongues what was not in their hearts (meaning that they lied and wanted to escape the fighting)"

- Surah Ali Imran, Ayat 167

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

No akhi, I think you have misunderstood (slightly). I wasn't defending him, but rather I don't see how the degree of his actions differ with anyone elses (from the head-figures of Pakistan). And the chances as I said, that there will be something better then him are narrow (and it's not something difficult either). So there is little benefit in rejoicing over him stepping down, unless someone better than him is to replace him. Also, if Allaah is trying/testing the people (which seems apparent) then him being moved doesn't relieve the trial. Rather that can only be removed if the people rectify their ownselves, which doesn't seem to be happening in Pakistan, not at all in fact (look at he political climate; the damage it has caused, the earthquakes which Allaah sends as a punishment etc).

The reason I'm saying this is because I've seen countless times how people rejoice over a political change, only to be replaced with what is worst. Such people often scratch their heads to why, and don't realise that the solution begins with them focusing on themselves and not just their rulers.

I hope you understand this akh.

Was-salaam

tayyab manzoor

:salam2:

one puppet regime went other came this is what is happening in Pakistan for the last 60 years or so,

PPP & Muslim league are not reliable because both have a weak track record in the past,

as Zardari all knows is far more crypt person than pakistan ever have,there is a long list of his acts like that,secondly he is also a puppet like his wife in the past.

nawaz shreiff is using islam to deceive the people,what he did in the kargil war, where we r near victory & he pulled back the forces just after a visit to his god(washington in usa)(naoozubillah),sorry to say that i have no harsh language than that...

when he came back after his exile any journalist asked him about shariah he said"there are more important work than shariah which should have to be done.".

these are hypcrites.....

only a true islamic revoulution can now save Pakistan .....!!!!!!!!!

no other puppet regime neither other democratic governmet based on so called islamic constitution of 1973......

thanks

Almaas

Salaam,

God, the story of Asifa breaks my heart, she's in my duas and I hope that she gains strength ant that she is rewarded tremendously in Jannah, inshAllah.

:tti_sister:

The only hope Pakistan really has is with people like the chief justice. I cant wait for him to get back to his job. With Musharraf outta the way he can finally deal with the hyprocrites and criminals that are currently roaming free.

I truly wish and pray, that Pakistan appoints an Islamic governement, but the chances of that are slim. The country seems to be moving further and further from Islam, Also, the majority of politicians in Pakistan are corrupt and work for the money. I had a relative who was a politician but retired due to it's immense corruption.

I dread to think what would happen if we were left with the likes of Zardari, God forbid. But it's all in the hands of Allah...

Wsalaam

tayyab manzoor

i know the cheif justice & lawyers struggle is not more than to implement the pro british constitution of 1935(Government india act 1935)...

so there is no hope as far as those people are concern...

In my thinking in politician Only sincere person pakistan have is Imran Khan, but the problem generally with him, that he is too much interseted in western style of democracy, so he failed he failed here to realize that in 3 rd world countries these kind of system can not prevail...offcourse it is against islam too....
thanks

Mairo

Maryama
As-salaamu `alaykum.

No akhi, I think you have misunderstood (slightly). I wasn't defending him, but rather I don't see how the degree of his actions differ with anyone elses (from the head-figures of Pakistan). And the chances as I said, that there will be something better then him are narrow (and it's not something difficult either). So there is little benefit in rejoicing over him stepping down, unless someone better than him is to replace him. Also, if Allaah is trying/testing the people (which seems apparent) then him being moved doesn't relieve the trial. Rather that can only be removed if the people rectify their ownselves, which doesn't seem to be happening in Pakistan, not at all in fact (look at he political climate; the damage it has caused, the earthquakes which Allaah sends as a punishment etc).

The reason I'm saying this is because I've seen countless times how people rejoice over a political change, only to be replaced with what is worst. Such people often scratch their heads to why, and don't realise that the solution begins with them focusing on themselves and not just their rulers.

I hope you understand this akh.

Was-salaam

Indeed, you have stated the truth brother. Let us make dua for the guidance and safety of all of our brothers and sisters and all of the citizens of Pakistan in this challenging time.

:wasalam:

Shahzad

nobody can be more happier than me rite now. Zardari needs to be removed and I think yeah nawaz can do some thing for the country.

Please dont be in doubt for musharraf. I know the ground realities than any of u at this forum. No need to have good thoughts abt him. He was a US viceroy in Pakistan. Whole progress the country made in his era was due to the trade of human beings. He almost destroyed pakistan. But Now ALLAH has saved us !!

Please pray for pakistan!

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

wow everyone seems to be concerned about musharaf than their own selves.. has everyone forgotten the ayah in the quran

verily Allah will not change the condition of a people till they change whats in themselves

lets keep the slander down here, if musharaf is gone youll only get worse.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister why do wish ill upon Pakistan. Musharraf handed Muslims to the west. What could be worse...