Question

abdellah007

Assalam alaykum brothers and sister,

I have a question about Scondinavian muslims, How do they bear fasting a long day. for example in Finland the fajr at 03:19 and the maghreb at 20:24.
someone told me that he is fasting according to the nearest islamic time, they rely on Turkey time. plus this person has a heart problems if he is fasting that long day.

Any finnish or scondinavian muslims here to explain?

salam

user expired!

:salam2:

Brother here in the UK fast begins at 4.00am (imsaak time) and ends at around 7.50 pm so it isn't much different.

You just have to balance your day with work and Ibadah and trust me it isn't that big of a deal after a few days you get used to it.

Amir_of_spain

Fasting long hours...

Hmm so from 3am to 8pm for 30days, this is a kibar (big) challenge and the reward must be huge, i would love to take this up, personally speaking i would fast the times according to the country im in, whether im in northern, eastern or western Europe. But thats just me, i haven't checked if what you suggested ie following another country is permissible.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

I know some countries have long days some hotter than other, etc.. But in any event we still must fast the prescribed times. I am unaware if it is even premissable to follow other countries time to fast and break your fast according to that time. I will try to seek daleel but my personally opinion would be not because that means I can fast according to somewhere else to shorten the time. But again I will try to locate daleel to know about that. But if someone can not fast the length of the day because they fear they may become ill,etc... Then they should stop the fast and make it up another time now that is permissable.

Salam Amirah80

boymuh

Hajj please..
Assalaamu'alaikum,
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) didn't mention a possibility to fasting by following another region's time, instead of your own. (Or did he?)
It just some scholars' opinion, but not the majority.
And scandinavian still experience fajr and maghrib in a full 24 hours cycle.
Yes, I think they will be starving, but who don't? Do muslims in Indonesia will not starving when they fast?
And it's not an emergency condition anyway..
Wallahu'alam.

spring_of_mine

I'm in Turkey and our fast is 4:29 am to 19:09 pm
Also most nearest city in our country 4:52 am to 19:44 pm

I think it is suitable for Turkey but European isn't ..it is very difficult for them :salam2:

Amir_of_spain

Oh my brothers, the month of ramadan comes once a year, and the next ramadan is not guarantee, ie that we will be alive for the next one. So let us be men of strength and complete the fasts, even if you live in those countries where the fasts are longer. I remind all those brothers who are finding it difficult to remember 1) the great reward of fasting 2) we must do it to get rid of our past year's sins 3) the women and children are fasting, so its a shame if we moan about being hungry aswell 4) for most of us, we can afford food, meaning within 24hr cycle, we will definetly eat, now think about those who cant afford it and finally 5) Fasting was done by the sahaba, and the ambiya of allah, so if we truly follow them, then we must fast and welcome the pains of hunger in return for reward from allah the incomparable great. This is a test from allah, and allah tests anyone who says i believe, so lets pass this test.

ela liqaa.