New Muslim in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum Brother,

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

All praises and thanks are due to Allah SWT who guided you to the right path. May He guide each step of your way and grant you eternal paradise. Ameen.
May Allah SWT bring your entire family into the fold of Islam too. Ameen.

Welcome to Islam brother.

Assalamu Alaikum

Maryam Sayyidina

Assalamu alaykum

Enjoy yourself in the Most Peaceful Faith:Islam, brother Scott. May Allah give you more and more enlightenment to hold tight Islam. Ameen
Never feel too old to know the real truth anyway:SMILY288:

Nooraddyn

Allah Akbar
Surah 110. An-Nasr (Succour, Divine Support)

1. When comes the Help of Allah, and Victory,

2. And thou dost see the people enter Allah.s Religion in crowds,

3. Celebrate the praises of thy Lord, and pray for His Forgiveness: For He is Oft-Returning (in Grace and Mercy).

Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!

Welcome to Islam

May Allah guide us on the straight path and forgive our sins.

muslimlady

WELCOME SCOTT to the big extended family, because thats what we are. Just like any other family, we love,we laugh, we fight. When you read, even here in TurntoIslam, you will find pockets of diagreements and cristicisms, some lacking decorum, like the typical younger brother who does not know any better......so we vent and we lament; in typical brotherly fashion... and thats about it. At the end of the day, we still stand in a straight line at the masjid in congregation regardless of colour or status or state. Saying the exact same thing in prayer.
As for age, I am older than you!! but still in my forties, so its nice to find people in our age group too.
Keep inspiring us Scott by keeping us upadated every now and then. This awe inspiring journey of yours will have bumps and clumps....by by God, it is worth it!!

I wish you well in your job search. Ramadhan Kareem.

bechainia

hello

alahou akbar walhamdo lilah
hello my brother iam very happy for you

*No confidential details should be given out*

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to the website! Inshalla`h hope you benefit from this site.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

atharfaheem21

Welcome to Islam brother!!!

As salaam alaikum Brother Scott,

It was nice meeting you in person last night. I was very happy that you spent so much time with me after Iftar at the Masjid and also accpeted the offer to perform Sahoor at my house. Thanks a bunch!!!
It was so inspirational to hear your story, your back ground, your thirst for knowing 'The Truth', how immensely you researched Islam. I could see the contentment in your eyes and satisfaction written all over your face.
Indeed, you are blessed. Allaah chose you over the billions other who are still away fro this beautiful Deen.

I pray that Allaah Helps you and Guides you for the rest of your life. Aameen.

Fee Amaanillaah!!

Athar.

palestine

Servant of Allah
As salaam alaikum Brother Scott,

It was nice meeting you in person last night. I was very happy that you spent so much time with me after Iftar at the Masjid and also accpeted the offer to perform Sahoor at my house. Thanks a bunch!!!
It was so inspirational to hear your story, your back ground, your thirst for knowing 'The Truth', how immensely you researched Islam. I could see the contentment in your eyes and satisfaction written all over your face.
Indeed, you are blessed. Allaah chose you over the billions other who are still away fro this beautiful Deen.

I pray that Allaah Helps you and Guides you for the rest of your life. Aameen.

Fee Amaanillaah!!

Athar.

MashaAllah, you must be the muslim man he was talking about. anyhowJazakaAllahu khayran for helping the brother. Allah guides whom he wills. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam-o-alikum Brother,

AllahuAkbar !!!

Congratulations on accepting Islam and joining the faith of 1.3 billion people who worship the ONE and ONLY creator of the heavens and the earth. This is a great blessing indeed.

Welcome to the world of Muslim ummah and to TTI. :shake:

To Nayla: I often think to myself how fortunate people are who were born into Islam. These are the people I feel are truly blessed! I guess for me the old saying of "better late than never" holds true! :)

Brother when you take shahadah, all your sins are wiped out but your good deeds are kept, and so you become pure and sinless as a new born baby. Therefore you are far ahead in being closer to Paradise than all those who were born in a Muslim family. It is you who are truly blessed my friend.
May Allah help you in gaining knowledge about Islam, and make you a pious Muslim and grant you Jannah Al-Firdous in the hereafter.
Please remember us in your duas.

Wassalam.

My Heart Opened

More thanks and replies

Once again thanks for all your heartfelt replies. Reverting to Islam has introduced me to a sincere and wonderful way of life I'm only just beginning to experience. I've met more people worth knowing in the last week and a half than I've met in the last several years previous. It's kinda overwhelming!

To palestine: Thanks for the video upload. I liked it a lot. I really don't think of myself as being old, but it's fun anyways! Btw, the brother ( atharfaheem21 ), is a new friend I met during Iftar the night before. He's a pious Muslim and he's taught me a lot, if I can just remember it all!

To muslimlady: Thanks for the hearty welcome! Even at the Masjid I go to I've noticed differences in opinion on various subjects between believers. I try view everything in what I feel The Spirit of Islam is all about. Anything that falls outside of that I quietly disregard. I'm going to post another thread on my first experiences as a Muslim soon, inash'Allah, when I find the time to type it up!

To Munawar: After reading posts and personally talking with people ( Muslims, of course ) about taking Shahadah later in life as opposed to being born into a Muslim family, I have come to a new conclusion: We are ALL blessed by Allah for His Light regardless of how long we've been Muslims. Allah has given us the gift of asking for forgiveness if we make mistakes. This means that we can continuously make the honest effort through prayer to clean up our souls. Of course, there's much more to being a good Muslim than just asking forgiveness, but Allah is Al-Ghaffar, The Ever Forgiving!

Thanks to All!

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh
:wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms:
MASHA ALLAH brother, u really do speak of the truth. what u wrote was amazing brother. you are a blessed person. WELCOME TO ISLAM brother. may Allah subhana wata'ala bless u amiin. may Allah subhana wata'ala make things easier for u amiin....:)
:hijabi:
wasalam

saif_buseri

SALAM to you dear...

really feel big joy and happy in heart that you are lucky and believe me you new Muslim people are choosen people from ALLAH...ALLAH loves you alot dear that's why you reward with a big gift and that gift is ISLAM.....congratulations dear Scoot...MAY GOD LIVE YOU IN PEACE...take care alot ALLAH HAFIZ

saif_buseri

ALLAH IS GREATEST

SALAM to you dear...

really feel big joy and happy in heart that you are lucky and believe me you new Muslim people are choosen people from ALLAH...ALLAH loves you alot dear that's why you reward with a big gift and that gift is ISLAM.....congratulations dear Scoot...MAY GOD LIVE YOU IN PEACE...take care alot ALLAH HAFIZ

danyal.ahmed

COngraTs

Allah ho Akbar

Mashallah dear Brothers Scott i hope that others brothers should also seek and find the truth of ISLAM ... bible is corrupted the real Message of Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) is lost thats true but even in this corrupted book there many prophecies predicting ISLAM AND MOHAMMAD SAW

take care

ALLAH HAFIZ

dinar_w

My heart opened

Assalamu'alaikum,

Dear brother Scott,

I have read your story and it brought me to tears. I am impressed on your way to find the truth. Allah always gives a way to people who'd like to know Him and to know the truth.

I am so sad when you said once you thought about Islam. Most Americans must have the same opinion about Islam as you had. Please try to open their heart or at least show them that Islam is not as what they think. It's beautiful religion which teaches the best manner, all problems can be solved with the help of Allah as long as we're patient and do all He askes.

May I know your email address? Thanks

Wassalamu'alaikum Wr. Wb.,
Dinar

*FatimaFilsan*

:salam2: :ma:

Praise be to Allah for guiding you to Islam and making you a Muslim. I hope you are having a great Ramadan and May Allah accept your fasts. Ameen.