how to answer the origin of god to an atheist?

mo_j90

salam,

i was talkin to a friend i was trying to show him that evolution is false but this is what he said "so if god made the universe who made god? and who made whoever made god? and who made whoever made the one who made god? now you cant really say that god just "was" cos if god can just be there with no beginning then why cant the universe?"

how should i reply to that?

Amir_of_spain

You need to explain to him the nature of what a god is, when we say allah is the one true god we mean he has no beginning or a end, and is unique as no one created him yet he gives form to the formless. Its like asking your friend, who did your brother give birth to, a boy or a girl? This is a illogical question because the very nature of a man prevents him from giving birth, similarly asking who made god is a illogical question as god in the first instance is uncreated.
I hope this helps.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
If he wants to say something like that, than you should counter him with his own logic. If he believes in the evolutionary process of the universe then ask him who or what created what initiated it. He can't answer just as much as you can't. In fact, that type of thinking can extend indefinitely. If he wants to trade the intelligent design of a God with the probability of an exploding rock ( Big Bang ) then fine. No one can flawlessly prove what did in fact create the universe, whether it is through a scientific or religion perspective. But Islam gives us the reason and understanding to believe that our best bet is Allah SWT.

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Lam yalid wa lam yulad.

The question of the origin of God was one that I had to find the answer to myself in my own days as an atheist. The answer is actually really simple. In order for something to have an origin it has to have been created which makes it a creation. God is not a creation. He was not made and exists outside of creation. Above creation. God has no origin because a beginning implies both something before it (i.e., a creator of the creator) and an end. This is also why God won't die or lose power or need sustenance.

To answer where God comes from goes back to my previous point. "From" is a place in space and space was created.

I hope I make sense to anyone besides myself and insha Allah I hope I've helped you.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:
The question of the origin of God was one that I had to find the answer to myself in my own days as an atheist. The answer is actually really simple. In order for something to have an origin it has to have been created which makes it a creation. God is not a creation. He was not made and exists outside of creation. Above creation. God has no origin because a beginning implies both something before it (i.e., a creator of the creator) and an end. This is also why God won't die or lose power or need sustenance.

To answer where God comes from goes back to my previous point. "From" is a place in space and space was created.

I hope I make sense to anyone besides myself and insha Allah I hope I've helped you.
Yes brother you made sense to me. I have read this verse lots and lots of time but alhamdu lillah you gave a great explanation. May Allah reward you with the best.

Ashima33

If he wants to trade the intelligent design of a God with the probability of an exploding rock ( Big Bang ) then fine. No one can flawlessly prove what did in fact create the universe, whether it is through a scientific or religion perspective. But Islam gives us the reason and understanding to believe that our best bet is Allah SWT.

You know... I bet there was a BIG *BANG* sound when God created the universe. I mean... how can one imagine that the whole process of creation was silent?
:SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288:

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Big Bang

When Allah created, he only had to say "BE" and it was. All those gases and matter coming together made a big bang. So yes, the big bang theory is correct and fits perfectly with Islam.

Can you imagine? a huge BE and boom it is! Alhumdulilah! For every theory they postulate to us, there is a reasonable explanation. Everyone wants to make it sooo hard.

boymuh

Hajj please..
Al-Ikhlas
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

Allah was created time & above time & the other creation.
If God was created, than what God is that, need to be created? How it make a different with human if God was created? That's why we worshiping the uncreated, but exist, the uncomparable to the other.

Sorry for my bad English.

Wallahu'alam,
Wassalaamu'alaikum.

salam,

i was talkin to a friend i was trying to show him that evolution is false but this is what he said "so if god made the universe who made god? and who made whoever made god? and who made whoever made the one who made god? now you cant really say that god just "was" cos if god can just be there with no beginning then why cant the universe?"

boymuh

Hajj please..
One more thing,
And because Allah is absolute, never grow/developing. But the universe and all of it's content is still growing/developing, such as born-life-death and the other life cycle.

Storm

SiStEr

That was well explained. Jazakallah

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

You should use the numerous verse's of the Qur'aan in order to answer your friend.

For example:

"O' mankind! Worship your Lord [Allah], Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqoon.

Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water [rain] from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah [in worshp] while you know [that He Alone has the right to be worshipped].

[Qur'aan 2: 21-22]

O' mankind! Remember the Grace of Allah upon you! Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the sky [rain] and the earth? Laa ilaaha illa Huwa [none has the right to be worshipped but He]. How then are you turning away [from Him]?

[Qur'aan 35: 3]

He has created the heavens without any pillars that you see, and has set on the earth firm mountains lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving [living] creatures of all kinds. And We send down water [rain] from the sky, and We cause [plants] of every goodly kind to grow therein.

This is the creation of Allah. So show Me that which those [whom you worship] besides Him have created. Nay, the Zaalimoon [polythiests, wrongdoers and those who do not believe in the Oneness of Allah] are in plain error.

[Qur'aan 31: 10-11]

"He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun and the moon. Each running [on a fixed course] for an appointed term. Verily, He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.

He created you [all] from a single person [Adam]; then made from his wife [Hawwa (Eve)]. And He has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs [of the sheep, two, male and female; of the goats, two, male and female; of the oxen, two, male and female; and of the camels, two, male and female.] He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation in three veils of darkness. Such is Allah your Lord. His is the kingdom. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa [none has the right to be worshipped but He]. How then are you turned away?

[Qur'aan 39: 5-6]

Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

And We have placed on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with them, and We placed therein broad highways for them to pass through, that they may be guided.

And We have made the heaven a roof, safe and well-guarded. Yet they turn away from its signs [i.e. sun, moon, winds, clouds, etc.].

And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.

[Qur'aan 21: 30-33]

Say (O Muhammad ): "Praise and thanks be to Allâh, and peace be on his slaves whom He has chosen (for his Message)! is Allâh better, or (all) that You ascribe as partners (to Him)?" (of course, Allâh is Better).

Is not He (better than Your gods) who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for You water (rain) from the sky, whereby we Cause to grow wonderful Gardens full of beauty and delight? it is not In Your ability to Cause the growth of their trees. is there any Ilâh (God) with Allâh? Nay, but they are a people who ascribe equals (to him)!

Is not He (better than Your gods) who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers In its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water).Is there any Ilâh (God) with Allâh? Nay, but Most of them know not.

Is not He (better than Your gods) who responds to the distressed one, when He calls him, and who removes the evil, and makes You inheritors of the earth, generations after generations. is there any Ilâh (God) with Allâh? little is that You remember!

Is not He (better than Your gods) who guides You In the darkness of the land and the sea, and who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before his Mercy (rain)? is there any Ilâh (God) with Allâh? High Exalted be Allâh above All that they associate as partners (to him)!

Is not He (better than Your so-called gods) who originates creation, and shall thereafter repeat it, and who provides for You from heaven and earth? is there any Ilâh (God) with Allâh? say, "Bring forth Your proofs, if You are truthful."

[Qur'aan 27: 59-64]

...Can there be a doubt about Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? He calls you [to Monotheism and to be obedient to Allah] tha He may forgive you of your sins...

[Qur'aan 14: 10]

Question him in relation to his disbelief, from the Qur'aan:

"How can you disbelieve in Allah? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life [on the Day of Resurrection] and then unto Him you will return."

[Qur'aan 2: 28]

"O' man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the Most Generous? Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion. In whatever form He willed, He put you together."

[Qur'aan 82: 6-8]

"What is the matter with you, that [you fear not Allah (His punishment), and] you hope not for reward [from Allah or you believe not in His Oneness]. While He has created you in [different] stages [i..e first Nutfah, then 'Alaqah and then Mudghah]. See you not how Allah has created the seven heaves one above another? And has made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp? And Allah has brought you forth from the [dust of] earth? Afterwards He will return you into it [the earth] and bring you forth [again on the Day of Resurrection]?

[Qur'aan 71: 13-18]

There is a good book titled "Belief in Allah by Umar Sulaymaan Al-Ashqar" which is excellent for both Muslims and non-Muslims. The link is below for a short description and another link in which i created a thread as i posted little bits from it but i did not post the portions in relation to refuting Darwin's theory, that Nature is the Creator or the view that is happend by accident.

http://www.salafibookstore.com/sbs/index.cfm?scn=books&ProductID=B492&do=detail&book=http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38089

Oh, i nearly forgot, i created a separate thread for Aqeedah vs Philosophy & Ilm-al-Kalaam, link is below:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38442

Insha'Allaah this will help in some way - if it is too much, just use the aayaat of the Qur'aan, i only included the links to the thead's so that you could check what is in the book and whether it would be helpful or not - as stated, certain portions i have not added.

:)

Walaykum Salaam.

hazalkmr

ALLAH IS BEYOND EXPLANATION

I can just say that allah is something which is unexplanable. We have in Urdu language a famous phrase which reads like this

" Jo samaj mein aagaya wo khuda kyounkar hua"

Meaning that "what can be comprehended or understood cannot be God" God is something which is beyond time and space and to even think about HIS origin is a sin in self as allah HIMSELF says" lam ye lid walam yu lad walam ya kulahu kufuwan ahad"

salam

salam,

assalamu alaikum

tell him and you explain about kull sura in al-quran with tafseer okey!!! b4 u talk to her. pray 2 rekath salah and make dua ...... then do it allah help us ..

keep me in ur dua!!

mo_j90

this is what i replied to him

" wen u think about crisps wheres its origin its from potatoes u cnt ask y it just is, wen u think about humans wer do they come from they come from adam and eve (or in ur case monkeys), if they came from monkeys then y did we evolve from monkeys and not cats? it just is it just was, and wen u think about the universe and how the planets wer formed u wud say it was formed by the big bang u cnt ask y coz it just was, and wen u ask the question who gave us life and who created everything u say god u cnt ask y coz it just i, god is the creator and wen u ask the question who created god it makes him a creation which then just blows everything out the window coz god is not a creation"

thats what i said, what do you think about that responce?:)