Ramadan in the Arctic Circle!

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2:, I was having a debate with a Christian and she is asking me ramadan is almost near on the islamic calender, and the people who live in the Arctic Circle who fast, how is it possible for them to fast when the sun never sets. How is it possible for them to break their fast where the sun never sets.

Can I have a Muslim brother/sister answer this very important question ASAP, please support the answer with quranic verses or hadith.

Jazak Allah kairan!

:salam2:

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
In fact, some Muslims do live in polar regions such as Scandinavia. Because Ramadan stands for sacrifice not suicide, the local religious leaders have suggested fasting by the clock instead of by the sun, using the sunrise and sunset times of the holy city of Mecca as opposed to local time. Religion doesn't kill people; religious fanatics kill people.

lookman

ramadhan Al Mubarak

My parent and my brother have the same problem regarding fasting in Norway.The sun rise for 20 hours.

Shahzad

its not the mecca time actually. I have heard its that its the time or nearest city when sun actually sets. Correct me if i am wrong

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

People that live in Polar regions such as the Arctic Circle should look to the closet city where the time is distinct within the 24 hour period. The should do there prayers and fasting according to that city. It should not be base off of Mecca time.

Salam Amirah80