Comparative state

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2:

Well said mirajmom, as a senior member in years and not experience or knowledge, lol, I feel we muslims must follow the humble example of Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, and not criticize others so much but clean up our own backyard. We do believe in the original gospels and the psalms of David and the message of Prophet Isa is a beautiful one. Do not worry, Palestine, the Christianity gone astray version is not contageous to those strong in their faith! Let us be the best example, as Muslims as we can be to all humanity for Allah's (swt) sake.

:wasalam:

jazakallahu khayran brother. and wallahi this was not to criticize anyone. The prophet said s.a.w: Religion is naseeha(advicing). so what is wrong in advicing another muslim. as for the gospels and bibles today they have been altered. so sharing something from the bible which was written by a man hundreds of years ago is not gonna help our iman increase.

justoneofmillion

Qu'est que tu dit? je ne comprend pas......pardon! J'etude francais pour 5 ans mais je ne comprend pas bien....
:salam2:haha i just said that you seem to hide some surprises like this one in your bag!nice to know you do speak French, what about Arabic ?com on sister diane now that would definitely be a challenge !hmmm i don t think you can learn it though... how much time do you want me to give you for an eventual supervision:biggrin:

wassalaam
jameel

abu'muhammad

Salaam,

When we are reared in non-Muslim countries we are exposed to the comparative state. In English we have the positive, comparative and superlative degrees in adjectives. Let us have a lesson in the comparative.
In the comparative degree there is always a comparison. Jill is prettier than Betty. Betty is thinner than Jill. Mary has more than Betty.
As we enter the complex social arena we discover we have grades..John is a better student than Jack. etc. etc. etc. There is competition for everything. And we like fools fall into it.
We have to prove ourselves worthy. Here we have the cliques. You can not be my friend because your family does not make the same money as mine. You are assigned classes as a result of your socio-economic status. Honor students are not necessarily the brightest students but have parents who live in the right neighborhood. The atheletic students do not make friends with those who possess little physical agility.
The choices for college are really all about money and status....there is a saying here about keeping up with the Jones. If the Jones purchase a new flat screen tv..we have to buy one, too.

Islam releases us from this false burden. We are not guilt ridden for what we do not have. Islam lets us remember all the favors of Allah subhana talla that we can not deny. As girls we do not have to compare ourselves to cheerleaders. We do not need to buy into the popularity club. We need not feel shame for what we do not have..we have the blessings of Allah..we are not needy.

Non-Muslim worlds make us feel needy. We are always trying to compensate for the lack of trophies.

Therfore, we are satisfied as the slaves of Allah. We do not need to feel that our selfworth is nothing. Success is not what we have to hold in this world but what we are taking with us to the next.

:salam2:

sister Mirajmom,

Therfore, we are satisfied as the slaves of Allah. We do not need to feel that our selfworth is nothing. Success is not what we have to hold in this world but what we are taking with us to the next.

:jazaak:

dianek

Sister mirajmom, i didn't tell her what her IMAN IS, i simply reminded her to turn back to islam and to not slip away. as for the speech being lillies of filed and reassuring to everyone, aren't the words of ALLAH swt and HIS MESSENGER more reassuring then the words from some bible from a guy who knows nothing of Allah. Although i'm young, i'm not stupid. if i wanted to her in someway i could've done it but no i won't and i didn't because she is still my sister. but why must you apologize on my behalf sister for having said something to remind her and NOT OFFEND HER. if she took it offensively then that's that. but in no way have i inuslted her, i only simply stated that the words of Allah are more soothing then this. and that she should not slip away from Islam. i'm not trying to attack the sister nor do i want any harm for her. and yes i do evalute myself and i do relflect back on my life and i do try to become A BETTER MUSLIM. but is it not right of me to advice my muslim brothers and sisters as well. she said in her post that she wishes to live among the amish. ISN'T islam enough for a person to gain tranquility and peace and to move away from materialism? subhanallah.

Aren't you fiesty?????? And according to the Bible which you do not know what is true and what is not true by the admission of ALL muslims, you can neither validate nor invalidate rather or not Jesus PBUH said or didn't say on the Sermon on the Mount..........And did Jesus NOT speak with the will of GOD? And you have turned this thread into something it was not meant to be. Truly, you need to take a breath and in the very least just see the passage as a piece of literature! Historical literature. Goodness Gracious! Really!

dianek

:salam2:haha i just said that you seem to hide some surprises like this one in your bag!nice to know you do speak French, what about Arabic ?com on sister diane now that would definitely be a challenge !hmmm i don t think you can learn it though... how much time do you want me to give you for an eventual supervision:biggrin:

wassalaam
jameel

I can speak a few Tunisian Arabic things......

Kefa hah?
Winick?
Esma...
ouscut
Chagera
tuffi though
Hahaha!!!! Just repetitive things my kids say and he says to them.
And somehow, I am able to communicate with my mother-in-law though she speaks NO english. Except for "what time is it please".......

Inna Jionne.......I am going to eat a carrot!!!

Femtick>
Bislammah!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My sweet little Palestine....we grow into our faith. Be patient with us, little sister. You have a blessing. Your faith was gift..for many of us it is hard work..we have to let go of so much of the duyna. Love us for where we are and allow us time to reach the purity you have. What seems so black and white to you is not so easy for others.

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu aleikum

"Do Not Worry
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life [e]?

28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. "

Although I agree that it is certainly better and perfectly sufficient to refer soley to Islamic sources such as Qu'ran and Hadith, because they represent the final and perfected revelation regarding the religion of God in truth protected from coruption, and are much more trustworthy sources than what you will find in the compilation of the Bible. It is also important for believers to recognize those sound teachings or principles that are consistent and repeated messages. The story Diane posted is one such example.

The prophet Muhammad, salla aleyhi wa salaam, relayed an equivalent sentiment when he said, "If you really trusted in in God as God should be trusted, God would sustain you as God sustains the birds - they go out in the morning hungry, and come back in the evening full." and also "Praise is to Allah Who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable" [Bukhari] Essentially the same exact message, so one needs to be careful about completely dismissing something that has been related in the Bible as false. As it happens, there are some parts that have retained the essential truth of the revelation, and others that have been altered. With the aid of Qu'ran and Hadith we are able to better recognize where the differences and inconsistencies lie.

We are exhorted in the Qu'ran to call people to recognize the similarities between the message revealed to Muhammad and those revealed to other prophets and co-believers in God.

[29.46] And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit.

[3.64] Say: O followers of the Book! come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught with Him, and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah; but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims.

It troubles me to see the divisions of religions, with very little recognition that GOD is ONE, and that at the base we are all essentially talking about the same thing. The God of the Jews is the same as the God of the Christians is the same as the God of the American Indians and so on . . . is the same as the God of the Muslims. There is only ONE GOD. La illaha ila Allah. :hawla:

[112.1] Say: He, Allah, is One.
[112.2] Allah is He on Whom all depend.
[112.3] He begets not, nor is He begotten.
[112.4] And none is like Him.

[11.56] Surely I rely on Allah, my Lord and your Lord; there is no living creature but He holds it by its forelock; surely my Lord is on the right path.

Wasalaam

EGY.Muslim

assalam alikum

Aren't you fiesty?????? And according to the Bible which you do not know what is true and what is not true by the admission of ALL muslims, you can neither validate nor invalidate rather or not Jesus PBUH said or didn't say on the Sermon on the Mount..........And did Jesus NOT speak with the will of GOD? And you have turned this thread into something it was not meant to be. Truly, you need to take a breath and in the very least just see the passage as a piece of literature! Historical literature. Goodness Gracious! Really!

sister dianek you are right no one knows if this part of bible had been changed or not , or it was said by Isa or not , so dont you think stick to Quran is better then surah 15 verse 9. We have, without doubt, sent down the Message(Quran); and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

may allah forgive me and you for our mistaks and lead us for the best way which lead us to janah .