I want to move to Qatar, Kuwait, Canada, United Kingdom

Abel213

:salam2:

If you have a college degree, you should try to take the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course. You can basically move to Middle Eastern country with that.

Just some tips!

Edit: I also agree with Malaysia because people can generally speak English there...

q8penpals

:salam2: Sister,

If you are moving from USA to:
  • UK - I don't think you will get any advantage, plus the weather is horrible.
  • Canada - Same as USA except maybe in metro Toronto area, so don't say Canada say Toronto. I don't know where you live in USA and why you want to move from USA which actually determines the answer. But basically there is not much difference in any major US city and Toronto.
  • Kuwait - Maybe, it depends what kind of job you get.
  • Qatar - Maybe, it depends what kind of job you get.
I think Dubai is a much better place to move for variety of reasons. Also as some brother suggested Malaysia can also be good choice.

But if you are moving for the sake of Islam, then there is no country on earth better than Saudi Arabia, specially Makkah and Medina. But they do not allow immigration and you can only stay there if you have a job.

:wasalam:

Assalam Aliekum

With all due respect to the ethnic make-up of all the different Muslims on this site, please be aware that movie to the Arab-Gulf countries may be good for your practicing of religion, but many people of non-Arab, non-White persuasion find the day to day living here difficult. I live in Kuwait and see/hear similar things all over the Gulf (although, I hear Oman is actually much better than most). Racism is rampant in the Gulf, especially for Indians, Pakastanis, Bangladeshis, Afghanis, Egyptians and others from poor countries - and it doesn't seem to always matter what your passport says, it is what you look like. I worked with a lady who was born and raised in America, but was Indian (from India) by race, and she couldn't leave the country fast enough for how poorly she was treated!

Can you freely practice Islam here in the Gulf? Yes, absolutely. Are they countries with modern conveniences? Generally, Yes. Are the countries generally safe for women and children? Generally, Yes. But you will have to put up with seeing (if not experiencing personally) BLATANT racial discrimination. Sometimes I see some poor soul being treated so badly that it just brings tears to my eyes.

I just don't want people to come here and think that because they are Muslim majority countries that everything is peaches-and-cream goodness. Make sure you do your own real-life research and investigations about where you want to move.

And please don't attack me and say I am being negative about Muslim countries - I just want people to be realistic. I have seen too many American and Canadian Muslims who have literally RAN from the Gulf after moving here for a year or two.

Lana

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam Aliekum

With all due respect to the ethnic make-up of all the different Muslims on this site, please be aware that movie to the Arab-Gulf countries may be good for your practicing of religion, but many people of non-Arab, non-White persuasion find the day to day living here difficult. I live in Kuwait and see/hear similar things all over the Gulf (although, I hear Oman is actually much better than most). Racism is rampant in the Gulf, especially for Indians, Pakastanis, Bangladeshis, Afghanis, Egyptians and others from poor countries - and it doesn't seem to always matter what your passport says, it is what you look like. I worked with a lady who was born and raised in America, but was Indian (from India) by race, and she couldn't leave the country fast enough for how poorly she was treated!
Lana

:salam2: Sister Lana,
Thank you for stating the facts we so obviously missed. You have accurately depicted the behaviour of many (not all) people of the oil rich Gulf. May Allah give these people Hidayah to change their behaviour.
I heard that in Dubai there are so many foreigners that this issue is not there. But I haven't been there so I can't say for sure.

ahmedmohammed

I want to move too, but to where, seems like anywhere you go you find the same hypocrites and liars! maybe its better to just rush to the next life and forget about this unjust and cruel world.

justoneofmillion

Why not try Maldives.
:salam2:dang love it akhi maldives are mine stop giving such ideas,inshallah i ll move there one day:biggrin:
maldives.jpg

The only reason that would make one wanna go to Dubai is buying gold and selling it over here in Europe$$$$$:SMILY231:until their race complexes are gone,.As far as Islam is concerned i d ont think it is a good place at all.
wassalaam
jameel

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Assalam Aliekum

Can you freely practice Islam here in the Gulf? Yes, absolutely. Are they countries with modern conveniences? Generally, Yes. Are the countries generally safe for women and children? Generally, Yes. But you will have to put up with seeing (if not experiencing personally) BLATANT racial discrimination. Sometimes I see some poor soul being treated so badly that it just brings tears to my eyes.

I just don't want people to come here and think that because they are Muslim majority countries that everything is peaches-and-cream goodness. Make sure you do your own real-life research and investigations about where you want to move.

And please don't attack me and say I am being negative about Muslim countries - I just want people to be realistic. I have seen too many American and Canadian Muslims who have literally RAN from the Gulf after moving here for a year or two.

Lana

As-salaamu `alaykum.

May Allaah reward you with good. That is a very beneficial post. Though you can practice your Islaam and will inshaa' Allaah be relieved with the fitan of the West, you will be exposed to new fitan, and some people just can't hack this out-right racist/prejudics behavior. I know some people who have moved to the Middle East and are of Pakistani descent. They face blatant discrimination. However, those who are Doctors, have PHD's or are Project Managers, they seem to suffer far less. However, sadly this mentality is spread across many of the Muslim countries, not just in the gulf. As for Oman being an exception, I think Yemen is also, though to be honest, I'm not certain. Allaah knows best. If you are of Sub-Indian continental descent and can deal with such pressure then it would be a fact you should consider.

Was-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Sadly, i can't offer any advise but one good thing about the UK, Alhamdu'Lillaah is the rain from Allah. I think it is great when it rains - it begs the question's:

1) Is Salaatul-Istisqa really offered here in the UK that much, compared to Makkah or Madeenah or other places?

2) Is the supplication "Allaahumma aaghith'naa" [O Allah send us rain!] recited as much?

:) It's fantastic when it rains, everyone rushes for cover and atleast everyone has "proper" clothing on. :)

Walaykum Salaam.

justoneofmillion

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Sadly, i can't offer any advise but one good thing about the UK, Alhamdu'Lillaah is the rain from Allah. I think it is great when it rains - it begs the question's:

1) Is Salaatul-Istisqa really offered here in the UK that much, compared to Makkah or Madeenah or other places?

2) Is the supplication "Allaahumma aaghith'naa" [O Allah send us rain!] recited as much?

:) It's fantastic when it rains, everyone rushes for cover and atleast everyone has "proper" clothing on. :)

Walaykum Salaam.
:salam2:akhi the problem with us human beings is that we always want what we d ont have,if you pray salat al istiskaa in the UK they might accuse you of terrorism:)

wassalaam
jameel

wa alaikum salaam

thanks for the response,

My reason for moving are this, I am in debt ( i will not say how much, but due to American system and I see my self only growing deeper in debt if I stay here)

I do hate the health care system, I have an illness and am afraid of going to doctor due to money and my rare blood type. ( don't worry my illness is not anything to worry about but I need updated test but can't afford, so that can be issue in the future)

I am tired of my mother suffering in this country, I would like for her to see another place, before Allah takes her away.

I actually would love to live in Islamic country...my favorites are Qatar and Yemen but Yemen is really undeveloped and Qatar, well I am not sure if I will find a job plus health care is an issue.

I chose the UK and Canada as an option because there Euro or Pound is worth more than american dollar which means, I might can get out of debt sooner.

I have a bachelor degree in History and insh'allah will be getting a master's in Social work( community development)

well I plan to do more research, and If I choose UK, I pray, I can find some friendly muslims on here to help with the transition for my family. Since no one is in this site from Canada (Toronto) or Qatar but my goal is 2010 or 2011. Allah Akbar....may he have mercy on us all.

ameen

thanks again

*FatimaFilsan*

:ma: good topic. I was thinking of moving to a muslim country but those days have long gone. I no longer want to live in a majority muslim country because of things i heard and someone mentioned. The only muslim country i think i would go to would be Saudi Arabia for hajj. I would love to see Mecca and Madina and that is about it. I am happy with practicing my religion here where i live at Alhamdulilah and also i get to give Dawah to non muslims and there many things i can do to benefit the muslim community.

ZainabMedina

I have been to Egypt, i loved it but the people seem to be quite racist i have to say. Other than that it is a good country to live in. The golf countries are good but you have to be fairly rich and have a good job to live a good life because NOTHING is free.
London in the Uk is VERY good but i think it would be very hard for you to live here as they are reducing immigration i think. Health care and education for under 18s is free too..!

abdellah007

Assalam alaykum brothers and sisters,

Morocco is a good country in spie of corruption etc etc.. But as long as you have good job you will love it insha allah. there is no racism here even Forigners are treated better then Moroccans themselves.

Sohaibr

Assalamualaikm wa rahmatullah...

I advise you to move to a muslim country where you can practice your deen freely as possible and you can be free of the social miseries you might be experiencing in the US. I have lived in Saudi for my entire life of 21 years. I feel you should consider this place. This cost of living is much lesser than other countries I think and considerably lesser than UAE. The country is large, the right understanding of Islam prevails here, lots of jobs and nice people. Bad people are everywhere by the way. IF you are looking for a job, then tell me what type of job, give me your CV if u can and in sha ALLAh i will try to find you a job here..
This will make your options open up in sha ALLAH.

Take care
SOhaib

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

I have to go to Malaysia with these one.
Majority of the population is Muslim (75%+). Very beautiful country with lots of beaches and greenery just as the sister mentioned.
For the most part Sharia is enforced as far as I know. You can find halal food everywhere. People for the most part speak English.
The country is pretty wealthy compare to other Muslim countries.
With an Western Education I don't think you would have problem getting a job there especially a teaching job.

One of my acquaintance just graduated from university in California and went back to Malaysia to work. The pay she said is not bad either.

GAZIJA

Staff member

I have to go to Malaysia with these one.
Majority of the population is Muslim (75%+). Very beautiful country with lots of beaches and greenery just as the sister mentioned.
For the most part Sharia is enforced as far as I know. You can find halal food everywhere. People for the most part speak English.
The country is pretty wealthy compare to other Muslim countries.
With an Western Education I don't think you would have problem getting a job there especially a teaching job.

One of my acquaintance just graduated from university in California and went back to Malaysia to work. The pay she said is not bad either.

I think Malaysia is a nice country and people too. How did she find a job???