Votes: 2 2.5%
  • married brother, "what have i got into?" lol

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen

Single sister ...want to get married

Recent revert, I met someone but they seem to of vanished .... I have children already and Im 34 so I guess Im knocking on a bit !!

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: :)

Jazakom Allah Kair for sharing :)

Please take the time to watch videos below...

[yt]6XQpnRI2sdE&feature[/yt]

"a summary"

[yt]JH-mt476Y9Q[/yt]

ijulsz

single sister wants to get married

...ahaha that is it about me in a nutshell.

Truth is, I am 33 and whenever I think of marriage I get scared. Curious, since my brothers and sister are happily married, insya Allah. It's high time for me to start looking at marriage seriously and overcome my fear. So, this Ramadhan, I pray really hard for Allah to give me a sholeh (pious, God-conscious) husband who is the best for my dunyaa (world) and akhiraat (afterworld) and that Allah blesses our marriage with His baroqah and good pious children who love Him.

And in the meantime, I must also improve myself to be a better muslimah. I start night prayers (tahajjud) a bit more regularly these days. Pray for me that my imaan be strengthened and that I continue doing tahajjud regularly.

Salaam from Jakarta.

All4Allah

Umm Noor-ud-din
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu

SubhanaAllah a very good and important topic.Getting married is half deen so insha'Allah we should realize how important it is in the eyes of Allah ta'ala.
And we should also take it serious.Getting married in Islam is for lifetime and not just temporary get married,break up,get remarried etc etc. like it happens to nonmuslims.It is not something to joke around with.Islamic marriage has respect.And if a person marry only and only fisabilillah/for the sake of Allah ta'ala and not based on money,education,race or status, Allah ta'ala will put blessings and longlasting love in marriage.So dont be sacred of faillure in a marriage..it can only be a faillure if you dont have the good intention/niyah.Plus it is recommended by the Prophet saw. to marry a young age.You save your imaan,protect you from desires what will make you end into commiting sins.Also marriage will make your life stable and peacefull.
And we shouldnt joke around with people who want to get married and are asking around or think they are desperate.No, we should encourage them and help them..it a great blessing for us if we bring couples togheter :) Gair insha'Allah.

:salam2:

Sister Umm Noor-ud-din

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Masha Allah!

I always have fun with this topic because of all the married people who are like, "just get married," and all the folks who are like, "I'll get married when I die."

Personally, I don't know how easy it is for the rest of you, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to get married.

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Being single is fun:jumpclap:, but being married your life will complete half Deen. So I enjoy become single but marry later on (Ameen). May all singles and couples get bless from Allah in their life. Ameen.

Note: Marry not only living together and spent rest of your time with your couple, its a huge duties to build your children characters become moslem and marry need team player soul for the husband and wife not only one side power to role the marry.:SMILY346:
:wasalam:

Lol... yes sister, there are advantages in been a single and there are disadvantages of been a single... likewise, there are advantages and disadvantages in been married... however, benefit of been married out weight been single!!!

from what i see:
advantages of been single (disadvantage of been married):
no commitment or responsibility (well, we would get our self busy with other commitments and responsibilities anyway!!!)​
advantage of been married (disadvantage of been single):
tranquility (as mentioned in Quran i posted in first post), stability, having a partner, half deen complete, following our beloved prophet sunnah, and other benefits that brothers are married (who i know in person) couldn't describe them!!! :D

as sister amirah said in highlighted part...

Salam Brother

Just a little advice on the comment you made that I bolded.

All marriages will not work out for whatever reasons and I know when it is our parents it hit close to home. But, if you have the attitude it will fail it probably will. Not only in marriage but life itself. Inshallah you can make Du'aa and ask Allah to give you a different outlook on the situation so you do not have to try to avoid marriage for fear of failure. In marriage there our so many blessings I would hate for you to miss out. Inshallah your feelings will be different when you understand its importance of marriage and it half of our deen.

LOL, most of the brothers who i keep nagging them about marriage are reverted brothers from the mosque/masjid... :lol: until they start thinking about it and plan for it...LOL

brother TruthSeeker17, "lucky you", you not in front of me, else, you would hear topic of marriage in different ways from me until it is embedded in your brain... lol... just kidding :D

I always have fun with this topic because of all the married people who are like, "just get married," and all the folks who are like, "I'll get married when I die."

Personally, I don't know how easy it is for the rest of you, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to get married.

you not the only one brother Jaffarabduraheem :D... all brothers i know been looking for a long time before they found "their match"... most of them went to an "islamic country" to get married since they "couldn't find any" in the west!...

in the west, most sisters, prefer to have a degree and then get married!... probably by the time she finished her degree and start thinking about marriage, she's in her mid or late 20s!... usually, brothers in the west are ready to get married in their mid or late 20s!... from a poll here in TTI, most sisters prefer to marry someone older than they are...brother, in general, would like to marry someone whose younger!... "so a brother would need to wait until he is in his 30s to marry a sister in her mid 20s??? what for???"... lol... YOU SEE THE MISS MATCH...LOL... so most of the brothers go to a "muslim country" and get married from there while some "older" sister have harder time to get married since they spent their younger age pursuing something else!!!.... That's why i try to post those threads about marriage to encourage our brothers and sisters to have marriage as a priority!!!... Education (or anything else) takes time out of a person's life time where it can be done while completing one's half deen (marriage)!!!

above paragraph is what i see from my small box!!!

May Allah help us all to find a righteous partner :salah:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
all what i post is a reminder for myself first and all the brothers and sisters :)

Importance of Marriage in Islam

Allah has created men and women as company for one another, and so that they can procreate and live in peace and tranquillity according to the commandments of Allah and the directions of His Messenger. The Qur'an says:

And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts. Undoubtedly in these are signs for those who reflect. (30:21)

And Allah has made for you your mates of your own nature, and made for you, out of them, sons and daughters and grandchildren, and provided for you sustenance of the best. (16:72)

These verses of the Noble Qur'an clearly show that in contrast to other religions like Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism etc. which consider celibacy or monasticism as a great virtue and a means of salvation, Islam considers marriage as one of the most virtuous and approved institutions. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) declared, "There is no monasticism in Islam." He further ordained,

"O you young men! Whoever is able to marry should marry, for that will help him to lower his gaze and guard his modesty." (Al-Bukhari)​

Modesty was regarded as a great virtue by the Prophet. He said, "Modesty is part of faith." (Al-Bukhari)

The importance of the institution or marriage receives its greatest emphasis from the following hadith of the Prophet,

"Marriage is my sunna. Whosoever keeps away from it is not from me."​

With these Qur'anic injunctions and the guidance from the Prophet (peace be upon him) in mind, we shall examine the institution of marriage in the Shari'ah.

The word zawaj is used in the Qur'an to signify a pair or a mate. But in common parlance it stands for marriage. Since the family is the nucleus of Islamic society, and marriage is the only way to bring families into existence, the Prophet (peace be upon him) insisted upon his followers entering into marriage The Shari'ah prescribes rules to regulate the functioning of the family so that both spouses can live together in love, security, and tranquillity. Marriage in Islam has aspects of both 'ibadah (worship) of Allah and mu'amalah (transactions between human beings).

In its 'ibadah aspect, marriage is an act pleasing to Allah because it is in accordance with his commandments that husband and wife love each other and help each other to make efforts to continue the human race and rear and nurse their children to become true servants of Allah.

In its mu'amalah aspect, marriage being a lawful response to the basic biological instinct to have sexual intercourse and to procreate children, the Shari'ah has prescribed detailed rules for translating this response into a living human institution reinforced by a whole framework of legally enforceable rights and duties, not only of the spouses, but also of their offspring.

These aspects are beautifully explained in a tradition of the Prophet. It is narrated by Anas that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"When a man marries, he has fulfilled half of his religion, so let him fear Allah regarding the remaining half."​

The Prophet considered marriage for a Muslim as half of his religion because it shields him from promiscuity, adultery, fornication, homosexuality etc., which ultimately lead to many other evils like slander, quarreling, homicide, loss of property and disintegration of the family. According to the Prophet (peace be upon him) the remaining half of the faith can be saved by taqwa.

----------------
to read more on...

# Conditions of Marriage
# Ijbar: A Safety Valve
# The Free Consent of the Parties
# Prohibited Marriage Partners
# Two Suitors Seeking to Marry the Same Girl

go here....
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/women/marriage.asp

justoneofmillion

Lol... yes sister, there are advantages in been a single and there are disadvantages of been a single... likewise, there are advantages and disadvantages in been married... however, benefit of been married out weight been single!!!

from what i see:
advantages of been single (disadvantage of been married):
no commitment or responsibility (well, we would get our self busy with other commitments and responsibilities anyway!!!)​
advantage of been married (disadvantage of been single):
tranquility (as mentioned in Quran i posted in first post), stability, having a partner, half deen complete, following our beloved prophet sunnah, and other benefits that brothers are married (who i know in person) couldn't describe them!!! :D

as sister amirah said in highlighted part...

LOL, most of the brothers who i keep nagging them about marriage are reverted brothers from the mosque/masjid... :lol: until they start thinking about it and plan for it...LOL

brother TruthSeeker17, "lucky you", you not in front of me, else, you would hear topic of marriage in different ways from me until it is embedded in your brain... lol... just kidding :D

you not the only one brother Jaffarabduraheem :D... all brothers i know been looking for a long time before they found "their match"... most of them went to an "islamic country" to get married since they "couldn't find any" in the west!...

in the west, most sisters, prefer to have a degree and then get married!... probably by the time she finished her degree and start thinking about marriage, she's in her mid or late 20s!... usually, brothers in the west are ready to get married in their mid or late 20s!... from a poll here in TTI, most sisters prefer to marry someone older than they are...brother, in general, would like to marry someone whose younger!... "so a brother would need to wait until he is in his 30s to marry a sister in her mid 20s??? what for???"... lol... YOU SEE THE MISS MATCH...LOL... so most of the brothers go to a "muslim country" and get married from there while some "older" sister have harder time to get married since they spent their younger age pursuing something else!!!.... That's why i try to post those threads about marriage to encourage our brothers and sisters to have marriage as a priority!!!... Education (or anything else) takes time out of a person's life time where it can be done while completing one's half deen (marriage)!!!

above paragraph is what i see from my small box!!!

May Allah help us all to find a righteous partner :salah:
:salam2:Haha so you are basically saying if we connect the dots, that sisters in the west would get brothers in their late 60 s or 70 by the tiome they finish all their degrees and so on and so forth, akhi even this has advantages and disadvantages it should be cool for gold digging sisters (kidding ):D.

I don t see where the problem lies .. why do we have to oppose marriage and education ?especially in the west people can do both and help each other in my view they are not that incompatible,unless too much greed is involved and with all the fitnah that is around i think it is the best alternative ,you don t have to immediately start ordering babies that in fact can wait...

wassalaam
jameel

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:Haha so you are basically saying if we connect the dots, that sisters in the west would get brothers in their late 60 s or 70 by the tiome they finish all their degrees and so on and so forth, akhi even this has advantages and disadvantages it should be cool for gold digging sisters (kidding ):D.

I don t see where the problem lies .. why do we have to oppose marriage and education ?especially in the west people can do both and help each other in my view they are not that incompatible,unless too much greed is involved and with all the fitnah that is around i think it is the best alternative ,you don t have to immediately start ordering babies that in fact can wait...

wassalaam
jameel

waalaikom Asalam wa rahamtu Allah wabarakatuh aki

:lol: ... love your sense of humor aKi... :lol:

I guess, living in the west, one may end up having some "western mentality" without recognizing it!!!... if our prophet encouraged it, then it must be good for us!!! ;)

wasalamo Alaikom

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
ahh well single ,,,,,,brother ,really need to get married ,and soon ,,,INSHA ALLAH
having all sorts of troubles ,hehe
stupid traditions and culture standing in way ,
no worries ,will fight my way through ,,,,
well dont know what else ,
i really hate the stupidity that is in the society ,

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalam o Alykum
ahh well single ,,,,,,brother ,really need to get married ,and soon ,,,INSHA ALLAH
having all sorts of troubles ,hehe
stupid traditions and culture standing in way ,
no worries ,will fight my way through ,,,,
well dont know what else ,
i really hate the stupidity that is in the society ,

:salam2: :)

like what this brother put... may be share it with your parents if you see appropriate :D

Ummah Films - The Parent Negotiations

[yt]wsYOI1pDssI[/yt]

LET'S HAVE A LOT OF BABIES...:lol:

"Marry, for I will outnumber the other nations by you on Qiyama." (Ibn Majah - Sahih)

abdulboji

single brother looking for marriage , being a single is hard to men and women
especially in this time .... there is many boyfreinds and freindships between boys and girls .

so to brotect our self is to get marry ............. I am serious about marriage
i am 33 year never married or made any freindship with girls never .

Idris16

its so sad u arent married. there r many brothers who returns to their homeland and marries in their own country. i dont know if u live in your homeland. wa salam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I closed this post for a few reasons. Although the poster's intention was good and honorable in that he wants to see his brothers and sisters happy and fulfilling a Sunnah, I do not believe this is the correct way to go.

Among them is that these sort of topics should actually be retained to to the gender specific clubs. Brothers can encourage brothers and vice versa, but to make a thread with all of them together can present problems.

Even though on the internet we do not see any of each other, and thus there is an amount of barrier between the genders, it still must be noted that we maintain proper adhaab in dealing with each other. Within this comes not revealing too much of personal information which is not required etc. I know many of us do this without notice, and May Allah forgive us for the excess in our speech.

Also, the problem that comes with this is all those who place "single and looking" may be confronted all of a sudden with marriage requests in their inbox. Messages desiring to know the other person better, placing up their qualifications, and though we realize some may have good intentions, we cannot guarantee that! And that being the case, and that we do not allow matrimonial services or requests on TTI, it is a possible breeding ground for fitnah.

Due to some of those reasons, we wish to preserve the privacy of our members insha'Allah and thus close this thread.

However if any brother/sister wishes to place articles encouraging Marriage etc, this is fine insha'Allah.

:jazaak:

wasalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Among them is that these sort of topics should actually be retained to to the gender specific clubs. Brothers can encourage brothers and vice versa, but to make a thread with all of them together can present problems.

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Baarak Allaahu feekum. That alone is sufficient enough a harm. While marriage is from the sunnah of our Messenger, `alayhi salaatu was-salaam, such a mixed discussion on the matter can never lead to good.

Was-salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.