A poem and a confession...

noorsaba2503

Assalaam alaikum Brothers and sisters,

This is my first post(the other one was introduction). Just felt like sharing something with everyone..
I have written a poem. Actually its more like thoughts flowing from my mind. I was born in a muslim family and my family is fairly religious esp my dad was. But i was soo far away from this deem untill I entered professional college for my engineering. It was my 2nd year and from that time onwards(its been 5 years now and I am a practicing muslim now), Allah slowly and gradually guided me to come to the straight path. I am from India and I was always surrounded by non muslims. I never believed there could be any religion which would really be from God.I always thought religion is a man made thing to keep some rules in society, to bind it in some way. My younger brother and sister would fast in Ramadhan but i would never do it.. prayers were more like once in a blue moon thing though sometimes i did pray sincerely as a child.. I was almost embarassed about being a muslim. Because in my city I had seen tht majority of muslims were not educated even the ones in my school were not interested in studies and were not good people.. Offcourse I was only getting exposed to one extreme.. But when i joined my engineering college which had majority of muslim students.I saw that some of the brothers and sisters are one of most genuine,stable and trustworthy people i had ever met. I noticed that some of the sisters was doing hijab for her ownself.I was surprised as to why would someone would want to do that.. coz in my head it was always like religion forces people to do certain things and follow rituals and islam seemed to be the strictest religion... (Allah please forgive me for all this I really used to be soo decieved)

All these are stories of the past... Alhamdulilaah .. alhamdulillaah Allah showed me the straight path .. I understood islam at my own pace with reason and logic.. It is a very long story... but in short I realized at one point that there is more to life and i started looking for deen but i was always very logical and allah guided me almost like giving me clues to solve a big puzzle..
every single question i had allah answered it some way or the other. I felt a connection and when things started to make sense i started looking into my ownself and whatever made sense i started applying it and realized tht though these which had earlier seemed as difficult rules were actually very good for me. I always ended up realizing tht Allah is truly intelligent and its his kindness that we are given these rules not to complicate but simplify our lives.
If anyone looks at islam with a Logical, analytical and scientific approach they will definitely realize how beautiful this faith is and It is a true connection between humans and God almighty.. Islam has answered all my questions and given me soo much peace.. I feel like I was a loser who was soo proud of things which are nothing and my thought process was sooo narrow. Now I can see things in a much larger perpective and I never feel the same way about anything. This is the best gift in the world.. I have never expressed myself like this anywhere but just wanted to do that for all those brothers and sisters who have experienced this.. I am humbled. Though I was a muslim i was muslim only in name and I sinned so much. About the everyday things I always seemed to everyone as a very confident person, good in every aspect of life. But i was nothing. Now I feel like I was empty, confused and dependent on this material world. I was a slave ...

Allah is the greatest.. Allah is the most gracious . most merciful.The only one worthy of praise and worship. We are His slaves. Inshallah I will never be a slave of anyone or anything else.. ameen

Allah has beautified my life and beautified me.. He has all power and I cannot thank Him enough...

Let us pray for all the muslims who despite beings muslims have not seen the light of islam.. For the non muslims who do not know the real islam.. and I pray for all humanity that they may find islam coz islam completes the purpose and meaning of humanity..

Here is that poem which i had written

Heartfelt connections..
hard to answer questions..
keen observations...
some kind of intuitions..
questioning and questioning the basis of everything...

from food, drink, happiness, peace to my very existence
what is this life all about afterall
strange as it is i thought I have control
but how true is this is almost always a question
I always lived in excitement of tomorrow...
and striving for it in the moment..
Living in glory of the past and the future ..

I love the planning , the future n all
career, marriage, success, babies n more..
am i kidding myself coz i know nothing for sure
as much as i know from the past..
life is anything but what I thought was in store ..
I see people have ideas galore
They say things with confidence
But I can see they’re not sure…
So does anyone know if I can live the next moment
No they don’t neither do I
still we love to fool around
and live absorbed in the tommorrow’s to come
I got that bus to catch, that assignment to complete.
That dress I have to wear for the party tonight.
Meet up my friends, plan a vacation,
Trip back home ..maybe next month
Get married in a year or two…
Oh no!! I'm late for meeting, I gotta go...

Never for a minute do we ever think of things
Which seem so beyond and yet so important
Who am I and where I am going?
Is there something that I really need to do
There has to be something which gives me the truth
Which answers everything … life, death , destiny, truth , miracle n all
Something which is I know is for real
Aren’t you fed up of hearing things surreal..

What is this life have you ever questioned?
Where are we going have u ever wondered?
Who do we belong to? who is our own ?
What is permanent ? what transient?

Intelligence fails when I try to fathom everything ..
I realize how small how insignificant I am
When I look at the heavens above…
billions of stars and galaxies that surround
all came into being in a split of a second
do I believe it was just by chance?
No there has to be something above and beyond…

The mountains , the tress, the sky, the moon,
The oceans, the sun, the wind, the rain,
The light, the shadow, the night and day
The birds the bees , hills and valleys
Read pages and pages about them all
Do I really know what they are for …
What sustains and programs them all
They function so well … flawless and consistent…

All I can conclude is they follow a rule
Call it mother nature or God’s command
I know that there is a pattern defined
For everything this universe can ever hold
everything has a beginning and an end..
So What does that really say to you??

I just know one thing for sure
There is someone Majestic, Gracious and pure
Someone I cannot picture myself..
For my imagination is just too small
He who knows it all and does it all
I just Wish to know him more…
And to meet Him someday sometime…

PS: Now after writting everything i am feeling a bit embarrassed. I feel like deleting it but then maybe someone may get inspired by reading this.. Thanks everyone. Jazakallah khair for ur time and remember me and my family in ur duas. Happy ramadhan to everyone..

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
:salam2:
Ramadhan mubarak!!
awww :ma: that was very nice
Alhamdulillah:)
jazakallah for sharin
inshallah i will remember u n ur family
in ma duas u 2 rememeber me n the ummah in
ur duas inshallah
take care
:wasalam: