Halal JOB or Haram JOB

syed_saalim

Slave of Allah SWT
As Salam Alyekum brothers and sister i need help from you

i received a job offer in Forex based company which deals with currency & gold buying & selling,i have to work as a marketing executive convencing investors,its based in Dubai called royalindexuae.com
i have doubt that it deals with ribah (interest) help me

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
IT doesn't deal in loans for extra money, (riba) so that is good. It is normal to buy low and sell high. The prophet (pbuh) did buying and selling in the caravans, getting the best price possible. You would be doing the same.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: brother :)

I would advise you to make further research on this job and make salat istikara... ask a knowledgeable imam

for the job itself
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2684&CATE=44

Let me know what's the imam reasoning... i am also in a similar situation... i am studying for a financial analyst and don't want to fall into a haram job...

Keep in touch :D

wasalamo alaikom

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
As Salam Alyekum brothers and sister i need help from you

i received a job offer in Forex based company which deals with currency & gold buying & selling,i have to work as a marketing executive convencing investors,its based in Dubai called royalindexuae.com
i have doubt that it deals with ribah (interest) help me

Salam Brother

I noticed you used the word doubt so you are not sure. You need to ask the company do they deal with interest and find out for sure. If they do deal with interest then it is haram. Then once you know that (if not involved ribaa) then you can seek fatwa from a Sheikh, inshallah.

Salam Amirah80

syed_saalim

Slave of Allah SWT
As Sakam Akyekum sister,i asked them is your company deals with intrest?
they gave me a fatwa which is in arabic,i dont know any sheik over here as im new i UAE,

let me explain this job details

as a marketing executive i must meet shaykh (people how has enough money) so that they invest in this buisness,they are supposed to sign a contract and open an account of an international bank,singapore bank of 50000 UDS from there they can buy gold and curriencies at very low price and sell at high price.

this is the job,im sure that bank deals with ribaa............so im inviting people to join the bank and inviting them to deal with ribaa..........if i do so i'll be in wrong doers.........

help.....

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
As Sakam Akyekum sister,i asked them is your company deals with intrest?
they gave me a fatwa which is in arabic,i dont know any sheik over here as im new i UAE,

let me explain this job details

as a marketing executive i must meet shaykh (people how has enough money) so that they invest in this buisness,they are supposed to sign a contract and open an account of an international bank,singapore bank of 50000 UDS from there they can buy gold and curriencies at very low price and sell at high price.

this is the job,im sure that bank deals with ribaa............so im inviting people to join the bank and inviting them to deal with ribaa..........if i do so i'll be in wrong doers.........

help.....

Salam Alaikum Brother

Being that you said you deal with the banks and they deal with ribaa that means you deal with ribaa. When you deal with ribaa regardless whether it is directly or indirectly it is haram. the Prophet (SAWS) cursed the one who takes ribaa, the one who gives it, the two who witness it and the one who writes it down.

Salam Amirah80

warriorboy

Top Urgent:pLZ HELP

aslam u alykum
brothers and sisters
i am working in a company which provides phone,internet and tv services to customer. TV services include all the channels of west (all satellite channels). My work is to activate those services, reconnect or disconnect. I am not able to find any other job and my parents rely on my salary. If I quit this haram job, my parents will feel very bad since they already are in debt. Can any1 advice me what can i do
Jazaak Allah

Living Soul

:salam2:

bother Allah SWT is the best sustainer. He provides Rizq from the source that we cannot imagine. This is what Allah says in the Holy Quran. Your job as a Muslim is to obey Allah SWT and His Rasool SAW. And to give Rizq is in Allah's Hand. If you cling to your haram job thinking that you are unable to find another good Halal job that means you are undermining Allah's Power. It is not you who is feeding your parents but it is the Creator Who is looking after them. You keep your actions clear and rely on Allah SWT. Think may be this is your test by Allah.

May Allah SWT guide us all InshAllah Ameen.

:wasalam:

warriorboy

Jazak Allah for the Reply

I am very much tensed...Even my ex-manager who is MashAllah Religous asked me to try to move to other department (he is working in other department now but same company)...he kept me with him for few days and then the prev.department where we activate services called me back and my manager had to send me back.
I am trying for other job, but in most cases my qualifications doesnt meet the requirments. I dont know what to do...if I quit without getting a new job, my parents will be hurt and if I dont quit now I feel guilty...one of my friends told me unless u dont get a new job dont leave the current job since it is an exception..........:SMILY176::SMILY23:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

I have copied and pasted this from another post:

Question

I am just about to graduate and I intend to work in one of the banks that are present in my city. What is the opinion of his Eminence, the Shaykh, concerning this? Is working in the banks included in what is mentioned in the noble Hadith about Riba?

Answer

I advise you not to work in the Riba banks due to what that contains of assisting those who run them in what Allah has forbidden of Riba. Indeed Allah said:

"And cooperate in righteousness and piety, and do not cooperate in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment."

[Soorah al-Ma'idah 5:2]

This is also because the Prophet :saw: cursed the person who devours Riba, the person who gives it, the person who writes it and its witnesses, and he said:

"They are the same (in sin)."

[Muslim no. 1598]

This was recorded by Muslim in his Sahih on the authority of Jabir bin 'Abdullah (radhiyaAllaahu anh). I ask Allah to help those who are in charge of the banks to adhere to the Islamic law and leave off what Allah has forbidden for them of Riba. I also ask Him to help the authorities in preventing them from this (Riba) so that they (the bankers) may adhere to the Law of Allah and avoid what opposes it. Verily, He is the Best Who is asked.

Ash-Shaykh Ibn Baz Rahimahullaah.

[Reference: Fatawa Islamiyah, Volume 3 - The Book of Sales Transactions, Working in Banks, Pg. 389-390]

Here is the biography of the Shaykh:

http://www.fatwa-online.com/scholarsbiographies/15thcentury/ibnbaaz.htm

The section of Working in Banks in the book are all similar [that it is Haraam to work in a bank that deals with interest.]

Insha'Allaah this helps.

Walaykum Salaam.

Living Soul

:salam2:
Bother "Warriorboy". I can understand your position. It easy to suggest but really hard to do when it really comes to do a thing. But I cann't understand how your friend can say that your doing a Haram job is an exception. Has he got proof or Hadith of Rasool Allah SAW. Plz always refer to the true source to sort out the problem. And if you cann't then ask those who know the best.

:wasalam:

muslimlady

There are many many jobs, where when you look closely will ultimately be haram in one way or another. Do what you can to put food on the table and slowly look for something that you feel you are comfortable with and is halal. Allah is all merciful and oft forgiving.

warriorboy

There are many many jobs, where when you look closely will ultimately be haram in one way or another. Do what you can to put food on the table and slowly look for something that you feel you are comfortable with and is halal. Allah is all merciful and oft forgiving.
Sister muslimlady, this means we cannot find halal jobs at all and means every job has a part of haram in it... i am confuesd...
sister Asifa...my friend doesnt say it is halal job...but he says until I find a better job it is ok for me to work...the condition is that i must strive harder to achieve a good job
Please if some scholar can solve this issue I would be very much happy
JazakAllah for your replies...May Allah guide us all to the straight path of the true believers Ameen