Shahada

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Greetings in the name of Allah, most Merciful!

I wish to let you know that, finally, after a long struggle, I have accepted Islam and took the Shahada early this morning! (If any of your are familiar with Sheik Yusuf Estes, he and others witnessed my shahada in his voice chat room through islamtomorrow.com) Please pray for me as I will certainly pray for all of you!

Love, For the Sake of Allah,
Joslyn

PS. I am still thinking of a Muslim name to take... any suggestions would be helpful! :)

:hijabi:

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
:salam2:

Allhaumdulliah..Takbir... Allhuakbar allhuakbar..Allahuakbar..

May allah bless us in adminition. i would like to greet to accept truth of life of both world. i am very well admire of yusuf estetes as well. i was with him in london in GPU event. i was working volunteer with him in seminar room.. Really he is nice and good sense of humor he got

Before that when i browsing Islamic video i found video of his conversion.. and i really inspire from it as well..

We will be glad if we help u any point of your life.. may allah bless u and ur family in siratin mustkin ..amin,,, kindly make dua for all muslim brother n sister allover the world..

Jazzah Kallah khairn for reading..

:salam2: Sister Welcome to peace . Allah has guided you and may he always guide you.You dont need to change your name in islam. Joslyn is a beautiful name but if you want a middle name there are lots of names.

Ayesha
Sadia
Zainab
Sarah
Nadia
Sumaya
Iman
Noor
Asiya
Ameena
Manaar
Azeeza
Farah
Fawziya
Haleema
Jumaana
Maryam
Nabeela
Reem
Safa
Nida
Rania
Yasmeen
Sana
Safiya

firdeus

Congratulations!

Dear sister I am very happy for you. I have seen your previous posts, I have been all ears waiting for this news for you. Allahu akbar!

May Allah (SWT) be with you, and insha Allah guide and your husband through you. All the best to you.

Assalam alaikum :hijabi:

amin

Congratulation on becoming muslim. I hope the transition becomes an easy one. Below are some of the name that you can choose from
Khadija, Fatima, Ayesha, Marham, Hajira

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Alhamdallah! More and more Christians are turning to Islam after seeing its truth; me and you are witnesses to this fact. Welcome here, by the way. May Allah bless you and call you a devoted servent of his on the Day of Judgement!

Some great names (in my opinion):
Fatimah
A'isha (also spelled Ayesha)
Khadijah
Latifah (means Rachel)

Someone has already put up a list of Muslim names, so you'd be better off there.

Some links to get you started:
http://madinaharabic.com - Site teaching Arabic; you'll need to know it to read the 100% accurate version of the Qur'an (available in Arabic only)
http://freequran.org/order/new_muslim.php - Enter your name and address and get a free Qur'an (Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation along with the Arabic next to the English) and other books to help you get started in Islam/Dawah (preaching the truth to others). Don't worry; it's trustworthy as that's where I got my Qur'an and some other books (including 40 Hadith).
:wasalam:

duran

Africa4.gif

:ma: WOOOOOW

Welcome To Islam Joslyn

Im so proud with you....May Allah make us those who meet in the paradise..ameen

I think upper brother suggest u with many names...

Hope you the best

brighten

seeker of knowledge

Praise be to Allah for guiding you to Islam sis.
May Allah bless you with the strength of iman as you embark on your new found faith.

wassalam.

Argus

Alhamdulillah sister, welcome to Islam. We are all very proud of you in making the step to this wonderful faith. I pray your family follows your great example and all become Muslim, insha'Allah. This is a wonderful day for you, Takbir! Allahu Akbar

Abu Mohaned

Assalamo Alaykom

Good news that you took shahada and may Allah guide you to the right path.

By the way good news in Arabic means (Boshra) and Boshra one of the female names.

Assalamo Alaykom

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sis!!

Yay! Mashallah sis for taking the Shahadah!! May Allah always guide you on the straight path!

Wassalam.

Akilah

mashallah

Assalam Alaikum Joslyn,

Mashallah I'm an sincerely very happy for you, today you filled my day with joy to know that even though I'm having a bad day (headache...too much studying lol), someone elses day has been filled with light and happiness. I pray that Allah will always be pleased with yourself and your loved ones, and that you are able to guide other people to find the truth in this world and come back to their original fitrah state:) You really make me happy, and for the sake of Allah I love you very much. Inshallah if we are both good and Allah is pleased with us, perhaps we will meet one day! I have to say there are soooo many Muslim female names to choose from and my only advice is to pick a name that has a good meaning, or was from a a sister in history who had admirable traits, because I have often heard that the name a person gives has a lot to do with the persona they take on. I think it's more of an ideological and symbolic idea than an actual fact if you know what i mean. In any case, I have just put below a few names that you may like, and of course there are plenty more. As basic of islam wrote, i think there isn't anywhere in the Quran or Sunnah where it explicity states that you should change your name per se, but of course, we are taught in the Quran and Sunnah not to resemble the unbelievers, so perhaps that is enough of a reason to change your name, whatever you choose may Allah be pleased with you.

Farheen (happiness)
Noreen
Farhat (happiness)
Noora
Mehry or Mehri
Tabassum (Smile)
Juveiria
Sana
Sarah
Nazia
Tasnim (a river in Paradise)
Fareesa
Masarath
Leyla or Leila
Afrose
Afsheen
Madiha
Hajira
Ruksana
Hana
Noor
Safa (clarity, purity, serenity)
Zelaikha

And one of my most favourite names is Iman (faith) and Haneefa/Hanifa (true believer) and also Qura-tul-aine (coolness of the eyes... remember the Prophet PBUH referred to salat as the coolness of His eyes, so that's why I like this name)

a link with some names:

http://www.batkhela.com/islam/female-islamic-names.html?page=6

P.S. Sister, I wish that in your quest for knowledge, I know this may sound silly and i don't mean for it to be offensive but just always please use as much logic as possible when learning about Islam. If something doesn't sound right or doesn't sit well with you, ask about it, because it could be that it is a 'cultural' understanding of Islam or just someone giving a narrow-minded view. Islam is a religion that is easy for the believers, and while life is a test, Islam is not supposed to be 'hard' to follow. I hope this helps inshallah.

Karema

Mashallah
I'm happy for you my sister in Islam alhmduliah priase be to allah he has guide you to light from darkness alhmduliah.

cell

Assalamu aleykum wr wb
I wish u all the best in this and the next life.
I will pray ALLAH to bless u and make ur iman strong (this dua is also for all muslims in the world).
Be sure that Islam is the only right way for happy life here and there.ALHADULILLAH we r on the right path in$ALLAH. Hidaya of ALLAH is the greatest present for ppl and we must be grateful for that.
welcome to our world wide family of muslims.
fi aman ALLAH

p.s. I'm proud of being MUSLIM !!!!!!!!!

sincerely ur sis
cell

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
:ma:
:muslim_child: :muslim_child: :muslim_child: :muslim_child: :muslim_child:
:salah: :arabi1: