The Duck & the Devil

HafeezImran

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner. decency

As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head and killed it. He was shocked and grieved! In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching!

Fatima had seen it all, but she said nothing. After lunch the next day Grandma said, 'Fatima, let's wash the dishes.' But Fatima said, 'Grandma, Ahmed told me he wanted to help in the kitchen.' Then she whispered to him, 'Remember the duck?' So Ahmed did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, 'I'm sorry but I need Fatima to help make supper.'

Fatima just smiled and said, 'Well, that's all right because Ahmed told me he wanted to help.' She whispered again, 'Remember the duck?' So Fatima went fishing and Ahmed stayed to help.

After several days of Ahmed doing both his chores and Fatima's, he finally couldn't stand it any longer.

He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck. Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, 'Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Fatima make a slave of you.'

Thought for the day and every day thereafter?

Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done... and the devil keeps throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc.)...whatever it is...You need to know that Allah was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. He has seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven.

He's just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you.

The great thing about Allah is that when you ask for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets. It is by Allah's grace and mercy that we are saved.

musliminah 05

:salam2:
Jazakallah I really enjoyed that as it is simple enough for me to share with my children!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it is soooooo true Marshallah Allah is Al Gafur - All forgiving
:wasalam:
:blackhijab:

miro

elsalam alyekom
thanks alot for that story
it's so nice and touching story
elsalam alyekom

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The story is sweet. I believe we need to change the word saved. In Islam we are not saved. Thus the sweet story has a Christian tone. The paternalistic watchful parent at the window is Christian in nature. We would not reduce Allah subhana talla. The realtionship between Allah subhana talla and man is not paternalistic in nature.
Please forgive me for being a spoils sport.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Salamu alikum,

that was beautiful.

Anyway I just wanted to make a point if it's fine. This story seemed to compare the ways Of Allah swt and how He forgives. Now the grandma did the same. I just wanted to say, when there is some sort of comparison, we have to remember saying ' and to Allah belongs the HIGHEST of attributes because nothing compares to Him Azawajal!

So please mention that in your stories everyone.
Thank you
Salam