Jewel of Medina

irish_muslim_08

Asalamualeykum Sister Diane,

I have heard of it, the publishing house in the USA refused to publish it as they fear it might be offensive, I heard on the BBC News the UK will publish it, the Scholar/Professor whom the Author and Publishers sought an educated 'plug' from is said to have referred to it (or at least elements of it) to soft-core *!*!*!*!ography. The Publishers house has been attacked too.

I fear we might be entering the whole Danish Cartoons area again if some choose to behave like this. If I want to find out about Aisha I will find a book that is recognised for its authenticity and one that would be of educational value to me and my learning. I might keep my eye out for this and may read it in the future. I am sure there are some out there who have read the Da Vinci Code and know what is mentioned within it, but don't use it to find out about Jesus (PBUH) they would choose a more appropriate path.

I think this sort of reaction, ie the attack on the publishers home is not constructive, just boycott the book, and if one wishes to protest, do so by peaceful means. Write a good old petition.

The book might be an opportunity for Muslims to help non-Muslims understand the context of the relationship with Aisha, and help others understand Islam. Muslims (and understand I know that the vast majority of us do not behave like this) should not use this as another opportunity to act up and behave in such a stupid manner as we have witnessed in the past.

Eid Mubarack Sister.

Wasalam.

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
I am a non-muslim considering converting to islam and I have heard of this book and I also heard about the attack on the publisher. From what I have heard the book is offensive to muslims so I don't plan to read it, instead I plan to learn about the Prophets relationship with Aisha from a respected Islamic source.

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
From what I've heard of the book it is at best a exercise in poor taste. We as Muslims don't take liberties with our Prophets or their wives to the extent of creating fiction about them. I understand the premise of free speech and it is my sincere hope that any protest of the book will be non-violent, but no one involved with this book should be surprised at the ire this will cause with the Muslims. I intend to boycott the book myself and I urge my fellow Muslims to do the same.

Of course I don't pretend to be a scholar or anything and Allah knows best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My original post was referenced with the arrest of the men in England; a brief history of the publication of the book; and a synopsis. It is one minute read.
The most interesting thing that everyone seems to overlook is who Sherry Jones works for. This is yet another example of the Muslims are going to celebrate..lets throw a brick at them.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
I am a non-muslim considering converting to islam and I have heard of this book and I also heard about the attack on the publisher. From what I have heard the book is offensive to muslims so I don't plan to read it, instead I plan to learn about the Prophets relationship with Aisha from a respected Islamic source.

Hi Gareth

good to have you with us :)...
this is a nice ebook... http://abdurrahman.org/seerah/SN/sealednectar/index.html

hope you enjoy it and please ask any question you may have :)

take care :D

Abel213

:salam2:[yt]thuQKvKv6Pk[/yt] the first 15 minutes are very interesting

wassalaam
jameel

Not commenting on the book, just wanted to say that Ali Altaie is one of the best speakers I have had the pleasures of listening to in real life(sometimes last year). Iranian Sunni! :SMILY288: