My highschool is racist

Waseem203

Young Muslim
:salam2:

I watched today as a black male was beat and called ni**** throughout the day. The person guilty was expelled, yet racism still persists. If you were at my school, you would be shocked at how significantly people treat skin color. You could watch and see how browns/blacks/ and yellows get shoved into lockers, neglected and disregarded. I come from a white family, so I am "exempt" from this type of bullying.Don't think I have turned a blind eye, though. I have reported many race-based oppression to the authority's. At the beginning of school, one Indian boy was stabbed because he had an accent. I'll repeat myself again, I am shocked. I don't feel safe here anymore--I plan to transfer. What do you guys think?

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
Sadly I can say that I am also a witness of racist behaviour. I left school last year, but whilst at school I saw a lot of racist bullying, and also a lot of none-racist bullying. I think that sadly it is just what most people my age are like in todays Britain.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother racism is a poison that is fed to children to assist the oppressors.
It will remain with us forever. We as Muslims need to fight it by remembering it is in the purpose of Allah subhana talla for us to have rich hues.
The solution is Islam. Thus as Muslims we have to strive for right behavior by being individually responsible that no one is treated badly. Our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, even treated the enemy with respect.

prince-shizz

muslim 4 life
i wont stand that even tho you make a campaign they still dont show much results i think you shud transfer but my other point says let them be if they say summit to you or abuse you in some kind of way u shud use self deffence thats how i would handle it but u could also report it to the police or head of school . best thing to do is ignore those who say sumthing but if it against islam u shud come forth and do sumthing about it not disgracing there religion i mean look for a weak spot but dont act like them most of all make friends walk with friends and support friend and they will support you

amaal30

wow...my school is nothing like that, because the blacks and whites are 50/50 and we also have alot of international people so everything evens out. they may have racist comments but they actually never act out any actions against the other races....and they keep their comments among themselves too....so its like see nothing hear nothing kinda thing

palestine

Servant of Allah
brother waseem, racism exists in my school as well but not that severe like your school. everyone groups up with their people from their culture and so they defend one another if one is hurt. last year me and other girls found a picture of a girl who goes to our school and she was dressed in hijab for halloween. halloween! these girls put the picture on my space making fun of muslims. we took a copy of the picture went to her class and waited for her. we asked her why she did what she did, and her reply was "it was just a joke, get over it." this now made me mad, i asked her like five times. she wouldn't answer, and so i hit her. now this wasn't very good but you know what, they deserved it and they knew they offended not only me but the entire school body of muslims. anyhow she ran to the guidance office and i ran to the principals office. i showed the picture and her parents were called. that's it. and the picture was taken off my space. the point is they didn't do anything like suspend her or detention. just a phone call to her parents. more things like this happen at my school but up for anything. i've tried talking, i've tried being calm but just two days ago, another girl said "muhammad can kiss my a**". astaghfirullah. so those of you who expect me to treat her with "courtesy" and expect me to just forget it, heck no. i will not stand their being mocked and told that my faith and my lord are nothing. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

mahdi

salam

I think racism will never end, because there are always few people out there who will feel like they are better then others because of their race and background. racism really doesn't bother me, because i believe that we are all the same, A white is not better than black, and brown is not better than white. our skins may differ but inside we are the same, so to think that you are some how better than another person is just being ignorant.and if you are a racist person, i think you are the one who has a problem.

palestine

Servant of Allah
I think racism will never end, because there are always few people out there who will feel like they are better then others because of their race and background. racism really doesn't bother me, because i believe that we are all the same, A white is not better than black, and brown is not better than white. our skins may differ but inside we are the same, so to think that you are some how better than another person is just being ignorant.and if you are a racist person, i think you are the one who has a problem.

i definitely agree. this is exactly how i feel as well. :salam2:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Dang if that was me and if I saw a person being bullied or mistreatd (especially a brother or sister in Islam, note here not a snobby or wanna-ba-American girl that I find in my highschool), even in my white Kufi and my dress shirts, I'd run up to them and start fighting those people who are attacking the person, even if they are older than me, stronger, and taller than me, even if I'm a Freshman and they're a Senior, and even if I get in trouble (10 days out of school) because of it, I'd do it, because as a Muslim [who is willing to be a stranger just because he wants to follow Muhammad (SAW)], our eldest ancestral father, Muhammad (SAW, the most beloved man to those with true Eman) said that "When a Muslim sees something that is wrong, he should change it with his hands, and if he can't do that then he should change it with his speech, and if he cannot even do that, then he should hate that (wrong act) with his heart, and that is those with small faith."
-Sahih Al Bukhari

And I will change a wrong act with my hands (Only if Allah Ta Alla allows it to be so), even if that costs me alot (my face, my blood, my life even), then I don't care, I'd do it for Allah Ta Alla, and by his Might and Mercy, losing all of those important things to me (highschool reputation, grades, favoritism among the Faculty and Staff, my face, my looks, my blood, my life (in tough and extremely serious cases), and so forth) would be worth to lose if I can please Allah Ta Alla my Rabbana, and surely to him belongs all Praise.

But brother Waseem, the thing I think that you should do is remain in your school, but remember it's what I think, so you should do two Rak'ah of Nafl (In Tahajud is preferable, but any time is alright), and make dua to Allah Ta Alla (make it be personal and from your heart) to do and make to happen what he feels is best, whether that be that you transfer, or if you don't. And ask Allah Ta Alla to make you accept the decision that he has made, and so now whatever shall happen shall be from the will of Allah Ta Alla, and now you can be prepared for whatever comes brother, and this, Inshallah, will make you feel more firm and ready for whatever Allah Ta Alla decrees.

And Surely to Allah Ta Alla belongs all Knowledge.