Books

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
Hi there. As some of you may know from my introduction thread I am considering reverting to Islam.

Tommorow, I plan to buy an english translation of the Holy Qu'ran and I am hopefully going to work my way through reading it all.

I am wondering if there are any other books people here can recommend reading?

TiffanyM

Here is a good author

Al-Ghazali is an wonderful author. He has many books that I have read before reverting to Islam. MashAllah that Allah has opened your heart to learn more about Islam. I am not very knowledgeable but I do understand how it is to be a new muslim so don't hesitate to ask.

Alaykum Selaam,
TIffany
:tti_sister:

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
No God But God

The best book I've read so far besides Al-Quran was No God But God by Reza Aslan. It is full of history and neat stories.

Salem9022

Read Kitab At-Tawheed(The Book of Monotheism) by Shiekh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab, it should be online as well, its a very good book to learn Islam from and Understand who Allah is.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My suggestion is to read the Holy Quran and meditate on the profound words. Take it slow. Understand what the Quran is telling you. Once you have finished the Quran..read the other texts.
The Quran inspires, leads, explains, directs, and fulfills us on so many levels that one should devote all energies for the initial reading. Each time thereafter is a different level of understanding.

Imam Ghazalli is difficult reading. You have to have a solid foundation of Islam to truly understand him. It helps to understand philosophy prior to a serious reading of his works.

What you are contmeplating is very serious. It is better to remain as concrete as you are able such that there is little confusion. That is the basis of my suggestion. You will have many extreme changes in your life. Wait to read the philosophical matter until you have had time to attend to the practical elements.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Hello,

Stick with reading the Qur'aan and stay with the Fundamentals of the Religion for now. [Kitaab-at-Tawheed - Oneness of Allah as recommended is excellent to start at. I wish this was the first book I read, so clear and easy to understand.]

In time you will progress but first enter the religion if you feel it is right.

Kind Regards.