6 fasts in Shawwal - Dont miss out on this massive reward!!!

-SubhanAllah-

Ayyub (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, “Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days from Shawwal it is as if they fasted the entire year.” [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah; Ahmad transmitted it from Jabir, Muntaqa]

“Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allah, Allah will keep his face seventy years’ distance away from the Fire because of it.” (Reported by Muslim, 2/808)

“Whoever fasts a day seeking the pleasure of Allah and then dies [i.e. that is the last thing he does] will enter Paradise.” (Reported by Ahmad, 5/391; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/412)

Assalamu Alaikum

A few points:

Keeping a fast on the 1st day of Eid is haram

All six fasts must be done within Shawwal

Shawwal starts 1st/2nd October and ends 30th/31st October
(depending on the moon sighting)

You can (but do not have to) do all six fasts in one go

It is Sunnah to fast Mondays and Thursdays

It is Sunnah to fast on the 13th 14th and 15th of each Islamic month

musliminah 05

:salam2:
Jazakallah for reminding me Inshallah I will try to fast. Also Jazakallah for letting me know which days are good to fast during this month.
:wasalam::tti_sister:

al-muslimah

Alhamdulilah I've already fasted yesturday and today! Four days to go..

Jazaka-allahu-khayran for your Reminder Akhi -SubhanAllah- .

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Jazakallahu Khairan for the reminder, we all need this, mashallah.

I am starting my fasts tomorrow. My Ramadan days first, then the six days inshallah.

May Allah accept it from all of us, ameen!

nizar83

mashallah...wolahi its information like this...that makes me sometimes cry...how stubborn can i be..how blind...how stupid....how busy...how egoistic etc etc

1 day...70 years away from the hell..a3oodi bilah...i mean...this is the most simplest math any person can come across....A REAL NO BRAINER mashallah...

may allah ta3ala open our hearts to islam...so that our deeds reflect what allah ta3ala wants from us ...amin

three17ent

Masha allah this is valuable information! May Allah 'azzawajal reward you.

I have a question. Do we have to make up the missed days in Ramadhan first before we fast these 6 days.. I heard some people saying that, but I do question it.
Thank you in advance.

-SubhanAllah-

Masha allah this is valuable information! May Allah 'azzawajal reward you.

I have a question. Do we have to make up the missed days in Ramadhan first before we fast these 6 days.. I heard some people saying that, but I do question it.
Thank you in advance.

Assalamu Alaikum

If you have a legitimate reason for missing those fasts and you want the reward of fasting 6 in Shawwal then yes you should do the missed ones first, here's a Q&A similar to your question:

What should a woman do first: fast the six recommended days of Shawwal ( Alayam Alsetta Albeed) or fast equivalent to the days she missed in Ramadan due to her monthly period?

Praise be to Allaah.

If she wants to earn the reward mentioned in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime” (reported by Muslim, no. 1984), then she should complete her Ramadaan fasts first, then follow it with six days of Shawwaal, so that the hadeeth with be applicable to her too, and she will gain the reward mentioned in it.

As regards the matter of permissibility, it is permissible for her to delay making up her Ramadaan fasts, provided that she makes them up before the next Ramadaan comes along.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/4082/shawwal

-SubhanAllah-

Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamdulillah I did my 6th one yesterday, if you haven't started yet, the 13th, 14th and 15th of Shawwal are coming up in a few days time..

May Allah (swt) accept them from us, Ameen.