Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum Brother Gareth,

Allaahu Akbar.

May Allaah bless you with good and happiness. Ameen.

I am really happy for you. :) :) :)

Walaykum Salaam.

musliminah 05

:salam2: brother Gareth
Marshallah I am so pleased for you. My eldest son is called Gareth too, I just hope Inshallah it will be him reverting to this beautiful religion. May Allah watch over you and guide you.
:wasalam:
:tti_sister:

musliminah 05

:salam2:
Oh sorry I forgot to just say that I was a christian but a non practacing one. I went to sunday school and went to church a few times but to be honest didnt know alot about the religion.
I never really prayed to jesus I always prayed to God though, that was one thing i always remember doing.

Hope everyone had a lovely eid Inshallah
:tti_sister:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

a very interesting poll, thanks sister for making it.

I hope you do not mind, but I added a "Born Muslim" option, just in case someone did not vote for wrong option. (yes, even though you stated this is a poll only for non-Muslims! sometimes people dont listen, so for sake of trying to have a good significant poll it was added,)

Khalil2u

Asaalamu alaikum,
I was lost. That's exactly what I was. I was on a road to destruction and I still may be by the things that I sometimes do. However I found Islam. Well maybe Islam found me. I know one thing for sure Allah SWT held me and brought me to this point. I should be dead right now with nothing. Only Allah SWT has given me a gift. That gift is Islam. May Allah SWT make my deen strait and take me to jannah.:hijabi:

:SMILY34::SMILY34:Khalil2u4ever:SMILY34::SMILY34:

warda A

Sister
mashalla

Jazakallahu kheiran brother Mabsoot
I could post

Am sure glad to see people converting from various backgrounds

May Allah Ta'ala guide us all to the straight path
Ameen
:wasalam::tti_sister:

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

Of course Catholics are Christians. Christians are followers of Christ. YOur poll should have said Catholic or Protestant. I was raised Protestant..United Church of Canada. My dad was Catholic though and my mother Protestant. I never heard people say Catholics weren't christian. Sometimes I would go to my dad's church. I wasn't impressed with either one of them because they both taught the trinity which is nonsensical and can only be explained as a mystery by both the ministers and the priests. Alhumdullilah I converted to Islam at 23..but I guess I was always a muslim as I always believed in only one God but I just didn't know about Muhammad (pbuh) who we were taught in confirmation classes that he was a false prophet.

justoneofmillion

Asalaamu Alaikum

Of course Catholics are Christians. Christians are followers of Christ.
:salam2:I think you meant followers of paul...They don t follow Christ they worship him!There is no such thing as Christians in the religion of Jesus A.S,it was their enemies who gave them that name ,they were called the followers of the way,it is as if you called Muslims Muhammadans,or Hussni Mubarak Mossadian ...etc Allah SWT doesn t call them maseeheyeen he calls them nassara.Just as there is no such thing as" Colombus discovered America" but the truth is that he was discovered by the natives.As muslims we can not allow our subconscious to be ensnared by the biased terminology of history ,make it our own and pass it to our children.May Allah swt make our view of history Riba free still.Just a suggestion..

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

hmm interesting thread.:)

Well, I used to be a Christain (Holy,Baptist & non-domination) at one point. I can remember being in my early teens asking my grandfather about the trinity because it did not make sense and as a deacon of the church he told me just have faith. Well for me that did not quit cut it. So, as far as going to church and praying in Jesus's name was akward to say the least. After that alot of questions arised in my life about Christanity and I was not getting any answers.I also hated going to church I felt like it was some show or something. Everybody singing and jumping around with the "holy ghost", talking in tongues and falling into the floor. So, first I stopped going to church the little bit I did go. Then it was years before I stepped foot in one again. So, you can say I became Christain by name only. I definetly was not living the life as a Christain. Actually you can say I was going the opposite way from it.

So, finally I got the nerve to try this thing again in my late teens maybe around 19. This time is was ridiculous to say the least. I went to church and went up to the front when the called everyone for prayer and they put "holy oil or water" on head and said a prayer and the preacher astagfirallh had a nerve to push me on the head until I fell into the floor. I guess I was supposed to be filled with the holy ghost. After that day I called it quits.

Several years after that I was introduced into Islam Alhumdulilah. I have clarity and the emptiness I once felt has been filled.

Maybe I gave to much information but that is what I went through with christanity overall.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Brother justoneofmillion -- Just chill out. We all know what the sister ment. We should avoid splitting hair, you know.

This is a good thread. Great to read the stories of our dear brothers and sister. I love all you guys for the sake of Allah (SWT). :SMILY139:

telmiza

As-salamu aleykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu
I was born christian (orthodox)..but never prayed to Jesus just to GOD, elhamdulillah .. and I converted to islam a few days ago
:)

Abigail Moreno

HIYA!!

Well im a Baptist, and i believe that Catholics are Christian, and by our definition God and Jesus are the same, but Catholics have many traditions that we think go against the bible. For example; they worship idols like the virgin mary and many others, and a major one indulgences.....
Salam

I just was wondering, what religion did you adhere to prior to becoming Muslim?

I was Catholic, and from what I read, there seems to be a lot of Catholic converts on here. I think it was easiest for me because it seemed to me that there was very little difference in TRUE Catholicism and TRUE Islam. I don't know about the other Catholics, but I found out only a few years ago that it was the US Census Bureau that lumped Catholics into the "Christianity" group of religion (and many "Christians" don't belive that Catholics are Christian, because Catholics pray to God more than to JEsus).

Lana

Living Soul

I am native muslim but never understood the religion that deeply until I watched Dr. Zakir naik's lectures on Peace tv. Through his lectures my emaan grew and I felt as if I am greatly blessed by Allah Ta'ala. I became more practising and steadfast after finding this site. Alhamdolillah I am grateful to Allah for that.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Really beautiful thread :) alhumdulilah its so beautiful to see islam from a new convert just makes me extremely happy ... i was born a muslim and I try my best to be a gud muslim but it lights my face up when i hear the stories of new converts .... When you have something precious you dont realize how precious it is sometimes, but someone who didn't have that and just acquired it knows the true preciousness of the item which i see here
Alhumdulilah
aslam o alikum