My Story

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
Assalamu Alaikum wrwb.

All Praise Be To Almighty ALLAH {swt}

This is a brief background story to my reversion to Islam which I would like to share with my new Brothers and Sisters.

My interest in Islam was sparked from all bad news coverage it was receiving. I decided to look into the religion and quicky saw it to be the true relgion. I was born a catholic but could never understand why catholics worship God AND Jesus and take them both as a God.

The first few times I tried to enter into Islam, it failed because I would always say to myself "OhI would be embarassed to tell people I am muslim" or "Islam will never work for me because of my western way of life and the religion is meant for the middle east not the west"

However 3 days ago I decided that I was going to make Islam work for me and, with the help of ALLAH {swt}, I am now fully embraced in Islam and I'm always looking for new ways to become a better muslim and incorporate Islam into my life.

I no longer care what my disbelieving friends and relatives say. As long as I have ALLAH {swt} I will be happy in life. Most of my friends like to go out drinking alcohol like unfortunately most people do these days but I get my enjoyment out of faith and sincere obedience to our lord ALLAH {swt}

If anybody has any questions about my reversion to Islam just post them here or PM me and, With the permission of ALLAH {swt} I will reply soon.

Walaikum Salam.

D.Ahmed

Believer
Mashallah brother welcome to Islam May Allah swt always keep you and all of us on the straight path and grant us with more knowledge of our Deen. Ameen

al-muslimah

Welcome to Islam and welcome to TTI!! May allah grant you paradise and always enlighten you to be stronger in your deen. :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Allaahu Akbar! May Allaah keep you firm upon your Islaam, and keep your fire lit! I hope there's a good Muslim community around in Chesire.

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu my brother and welcome to islam may ALLAH(AZA WA JALLAH) make you among those will carry the flag of islam.

"If Allah wants to favor someone, He grants him comprehension (understanding) of this religion."
[Sahih Bukhari vol.1 # 71, Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmad]

Correct understanding of Islam is one of the best of characteristics with which a Muslim may be honored, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wishes good for a person, He makes him understand the religion.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 69

Correct understanding of Islam is one of the best of characteristics with which a Muslim may be honored, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wishes good for a person, He makes him understand the religion.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 69

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
As-salaamu `alaykum

Allaahu Akbar! May Allaah keep you firm upon your Islaam, and keep your fire lit! I hope there's a good Muslim community around in Chesire.

Walaikum Salam.

I unfortunately do not know any muslims around my area, however, I am eager to meet muslim brothers around my area and inshALLAH I will soon.

Assalamu Alaikum wrwb.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum
Allahu Akbar,Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar
WOW! MASHA ALLAH just three days ago. i really lliked your story. you are a blessed person. i enjoy reading these kinds of stories. may Allah subhana wata'ala increase your knowledge in ISLAM AmiiN. hope to see you often in here....:)

by the way :SMILY206: to ISLAM
wa-alaykuma salam

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikumus salaam warahmatullahi wabarakthu,

AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!

Ya akhi welcome to Islam, masha'Allah :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Respected and beloved brother..welcome home. Insha'Allah Allah, subhana talla will send Muslims to you. We are here and we are so happy. Alhumdulila,Alhumdulila,Alhumdulila,Alhumdulila,Alhumdulila,

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

الله أكبر الله أكبر الله أكبر

Welcome to the deen and TTI brother. :salah::tti_sister:May Allah the Most High makes everything easy and keep you strong in eeman. Ameen ya Rabbal Alameen.

:wasalam::hijabi:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Great! Allahu akbar! akhi welcome to our community. inshaAllah your life will be filled with enjoyment and purity. asalamu alaykum wrwb
sincerely your sister in islam, Ni'mah.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Allahu akbar !

congratulations brother

welcome to Islam & to TTI

Let us know if you need ANY help ... I don't live too far from Chester

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Congratulations, brother Gareth. If I remember correctly, you are just 17 or 18 and I am so proud of you making the right decision at such a young age. I, too, reverted from Catholicism but I was 21 at the time in 1991 when you could have been no more than a baby. PlEase stay in touch with brother Yusuf1990 on the forum as he is about yr age and you can share experiences and be support for one another. If you need advice from someone like me, originally irish catholic, send me a pm without hesitation, i am one of the older but not wiser members on the forum, lol!

halah

:salam2:

Allahu Akbar,alhamdulillah Who has guided you to right way,may Allah srengthen your faith and firm your heart on the straight path:tti_sister: