HI

aless

I need help! I've been thinking about religion for a few years now and been trying to prey god my own way alone without anybody knowing it because they would not understand but I am exploding now because I feel I'm not a part of any community I am alone! nobody i know leads a lifestyle that I appreciate and I have not managed to find a friend whose a religious person (practising)! Should I fear being alone? Should I seek a community to welcome me? and if yes how would I do that in Islam? I want to study Islam because I feel lost in Christianity, in Christianity there's no direction and no discipline and I don't agree with the principles, I want to learn the language and just change, I am aware of how a big decision this is how long is the path how hard is the way. I feel I know a lot about Islam its principles and its rules and I would like to learn more and talk to people about it but I'd need the support of a community of people that believe in the same otherwise i will never be able to revert and go back to the roots, I will always fail and go back to the old ways yes I've committed sins and I want to change my life

do you think wanting to be part of a community is shallow? I understand that you could become Muslim in solitude and this I think is great, but what about the lifestyle, the changes, the righteous way - how can I get support for those things?

What has a woman got to do to practice Islam properly? and how can one integrate within a Muslim community if you are a European living in London?

I am so sorry for the long letter I so much need to talk to somebody I have so many questions

al-muslimah

Hello sister,

Welcome to TTI..you'll find it very beneficial here. you'll learn a lot about Islam. Islam is a great religion that means peace. you have to submit your self only to ONE god and no one else.

Yes, please do share whatever questions you have, as we have so many members here that are mashallah so knowledgeable about Islam and willing to help you. we'll try our best.:)

May god bless you.

Peace.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: sister and welcome to TTI. i think the advice to find the nearest mosque or masjid is an excellent idea. you would be surprised how many people in the london area have embraced islam. every day i tune into TTI it seems there is another european revert to the true faith. i myself am irish and reverted to islam some 17 years ago so you can always send me a private message with any questions or concerns, i too am a sister :)

also, there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel like part of a community, in islam this is very important. i guarantee you that you will not find warmth from people like you will from muslim sisters wherever you are. i lived in florida for many years where the islamic community was small. we were truly like family, if someone wasn't well, we would visit them or cook them something, if one of my kids was sick, the sisters were very concerned and the brothers would call my husband also to check on them. they loved my kids like their own and frankly they gave them more attention than my irish side of my blood family. now i have moved to france and although the welcome by the french is not fantastic here in paris, lol, i have muslim sisters coming up to me asking if i need anything and again just treating my kids like one of their own. it is a wonderful feeling to be a part of this ever growing family with sisters and brothers all over the world! Subhan'Allah. 17 years later, i can still tell you that becoming muslim was the best and the most important decision of my life :)

please keep in touch and feel free to ask any questions here at all.

:wasalam:

aless

thank you, i am appreciating your advice so much, i've been so depressed by this life and I am finding the Truth the only option for me - I cannot see anything else but the Truth to find peace- it's very hard to explain that's why I want to learn to pray- all I want to do is learn EVERYTHING about it and find ways to make steps forward, I don't know where to start, each step at the time I am determined to make all the changes in my life, learn all about the religion, about the culture and the language, this forum has so much info my eyes are glued to the screen

thank you ever so much for understanding - I know this is the hardest bit, the focal point where everything changes -

deep in my heart I do believe and want to live according to the Truth

I have an Islamic centre, a Mosque and several Islamic bookshops just a walk away from my house, have been to the Islamic Centre there once for my university research few years ago - I am very anxious to go there though as I am worried about not being taken seriously, being judged for my past life or just not being accepted because I am not part of their community

do you think it's crazy of me to think like that? I really feel I would like a sister to sit with me and teach me everything from the basics!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I need help! I've been thinking about religion for a few years now and been trying to prey god my own way alone without anybody knowing it because they would not understand but I am exploding now because I feel I'm not a part of any community I am alone! nobody i know leads a lifestyle that I appreciate and I have not managed to find a friend whose a religious person (practising)! Should I fear being alone? Should I seek a community to welcome me? and if yes how would I do that in Islam? I want to study Islam because I feel lost in Christianity, in Christianity there's no direction and no discipline and I don't agree with the principles, I want to learn the language and just change, I am aware of how a big decision this is how long is the path how hard is the way. I feel I know a lot about Islam its principles and its rules and I would like to learn more and talk to people about it but I'd need the support of a community of people that believe in the same otherwise i will never be able to revert and go back to the roots, I will always fail and go back to the old ways yes I've committed sins and I want to change my life

do you think wanting to be part of a community is shallow? I understand that you could become Muslim in solitude and this I think is great, but what about the lifestyle, the changes, the righteous way - how can I get support for those things?

What has a woman got to do to practice Islam properly? and how can one integrate within a Muslim community if you are a European living in London?

I am so sorry for the long letter I so much need to talk to somebody I have so many questions

:salam2:

maybe you should call around at different masjids, and ask if there are any sister's groups. hopefully, they will have on and you can arrange to speak with a few of the sisters there about islam, the role of women in islam etc. i think this will work much better than just showing up at a masjid. i say this because when you attend a group there is more of a chance that you'll feel welcomed into the community. there are many reverts that are very lonely, and it isn't just because they are the only muslim in the family, but very often people at the masjid don't really try to make reverts or newcomers to the masjid feel very welcome. that has been my experience.

not only is getting involved in a sisters group great to feel part of the community, but it will also help you grow in your religion.

also don't worry about your past sins. not me or anyone else can judge you for your past. what matters is what you do in the present. did you know that reverting to islam wipes away all of your previous sins? you will be given a clean slate and given the opportunity to start life anew.

i wish you well in your journey

aless

:salam2:

maybe you should call around at different masjids, and ask if there are any sister's groups. hopefully, they will have on and you can arrange to speak with a few of the sisters there about islam, the role of women in islam etc. i think this will work much better than just showing up at a masjid. i say this because when you attend a group there is more of a chance that you'll feel welcomed into the community. there are many reverts that are very lonely, and it isn't just because they are the only muslim in the family, but very often people at the masjid don't really try to make reverts or newcomers to the masjid feel very welcome. that has been my experience.

not only is getting involved in a sisters group great to feel part of the community, but it will also help you grow in your religion.

also don't worry about your past sins. not me or anyone else can judge you for your past. what matters is what you do in the present. did you know that reverting to islam wipes away all of your previous sins? you will be given a clean slate and given the opportunity to start life anew.

i wish you well in your journey

yes not being accepted is my only fear

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: do not worry about that at all, dear sister. we are all human beings and we all make mistakes. none of that matters when you accept islam, submission to the Almighty Creator alone. when you become muslim, you wipe the slate clean, so to speak. you don't have to explain any past mistakes to anyone at the masjid or elsewhere. you are taking a very beautiful step and you can leave the past as the past. i will make supplications, duaa, to Allah, the Almighty Creator that you may find a nice group of sisters within your community and please know that you are already apart of our family and we will not turn our back on you.

i remember seeing somewhere a programme of a young australian convert to islam who befriended the head of the islamic community in the city he lived in. the fellow had been a former heroin addict and he completely turned his life around, Masha Allah. the imam (islamic preacher) just took him on like a father would a son or an older brother with his younger brother, it is a very special bond. no-one cared about his past blunders because of his drug addiction, he left all that behind for the sake of Allah :)

Nichole

Hello Aless,

Welcome to TTI! I think that going to the mosque is the best idea, like others are saying. In Islam, we are supposed to stick with the community and forge strong ties, so as you were asking, the idea of community is extremely strong in Islam.

Also, don't worry about your past sins. I was amongst the most sinful before I converted and not only does that not matter, but as Muslims we believe that all of your past sins are turned to good deeds, Allah is the Most Generous, and NO ONE has the right to ask you about your past life before Islam, even the Imam. It's between you and Allah. You're not supposed to talk about your past sins actually, which is quite nice.

If I can ever help you with anything, including just listening to any concerns you might have, PLEASE message me.

Nichole

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Hello,

WELCOME TO TTI SISTER :):):):):):)

Mostly everyone will fear the things you expressed in converting to Islam. That is normal. :) But, the thing to know is you are not alone. You can go to the local mosque and inshallah meet beautiful sisters that will welcome you into the community and help increase your knowledge in Islam. Reality sister is everyone has sinned. But, the key is repetence.

It is not shallow that you want to belong. We are all human. But, with excepting a new religion their will be changes and a different like style as you mentioned. You should start with the sisters at the mosque and inshallah they can guide you correctly into Islam. When you place yourself around people with strong Iman this things will become easier for you to accept and know you are not alone on this journey through Islam.:hearts:

Wasalam Amirah80