Highschool Hatred, Muslims need support.

tekoda

Hello Turntoislam.com community, My name is Dakota and I am 15 years old, I want to address the serious nature of ignorance that I feel in highschool toward islam, Islamic people need to feel loved, and not treated like terrorists.

I my self have been raised a buddhist, I am of buddhist nature and a lot of what I do in my life I try to round around buddhism, compassion and improving my lifestyle so that I can live a very peaceful and open minded life, However the problem against islam over the past year has deeply started to effect me in ways that are not imaginable.

In my highschool there is a lack of religious faith from students and teachers, Lack of respect and understanding in general. A few weeks ago a girl talked to me about islam (something I know a lot about because of islamic friends and close members), she told me that the native population of my country was turning islamic, and that we should be aware, and that all islamic people are animals and they treat their wives like low meat. I WAS OUTRAGED.
I then asked her, ; what is your relgion?
She replied; Mormanism, I FELT, quite insulted.
"how can someone totally unexperienced and ignorant say such a thing about islam, not only islam, but everyone of arabic ethnicity".
I further discussed the issue with her, and told her my point of view.
I explaned to her that being islamic is not bad, and that it is a good thing and that for someone like her who has no experience of the religion (only watch news), she should not judge it.

I am not sure if this is the result of the media and internet? :(
A lot of students at school say things like "you dirty arab", and other things that I think totally degrade the nation of that part of the world and also mecca. Teachers need to tell people about islam, or for that matter, all religions! Why should ALL islamic people be hated? they're people who believe in beloved Allah, and this is your right, islam LIKE ANY OHER WAY OF LIFE,got a bad, and a good side.

I strongly hate, and advise against any anti-islam advertising or internet based interaction, chat rooms and media talk centres as well as television.
The media is destroying the way and traditions of others lives and comfort.
For me this makes my heart sad and full of sorrow.

Is there anything I can do to stop the hatred?
I feel so alone. Why do people do this?
GEORGE BUSH HAS DESTROYED THE WORLD.
"If only the world really knew who did 911, it was not islam it was America!!!"

MAY ALLAH BE AND PROTECT ALL THAT FEEL THE NEED.
MAY ALL THAT ARE AGAINST ALLAH, PLEASE, FOR THE WELL BEING OF THE WORLD AND THE ARABIC NATION AND ITS OUTSPREAD PEOPLES KEEP THEY'RE IGNORANT OPINIONS TO THEM SELVES.

Please someone, give me some suggestions to prevent this, and actually educate islam hatred.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
:bismillah:
I feel your pain. Schools will always abuse Muslims, by words or actions. My country is Christian with a growing number of Atheists (Atheists are more tolerant surprisingly).

The only advice that I can give is (and I'll have to follow my own advice because I'm almost in high school) that you tell them the truth about Islam. If they continue making fun of you, just remember this Qur'an verse (Translation of the Meaning):

"So they have indeed rejected the truth when it came to them; therefore the truth that they mocked at will shine upon them." (Surah al-Ana'm 6:5).

Also remember that Allah protects His own so don't fear anything they might do to you. On Judgement Day, everything they said against Allah's Servent will be thrown back at them with 100x the fury.
:wasalam:

tekoda

Thank you!

Thank you very much for your sincere advice on how to reply to people of such horrible ignorance, really made me feel better.
:)

cell

dear Dakota salam aleykum
I felt ur pain and that is really painful.Although most of ppl in my country consider themselves muslims (most of them are not practising) but I had the same situation at my University and my parents don't like my way of living. They think that I'm destroying my life.When I began to wear as a muslim female I had a great press on me. dean of my faculty always tried to insult me in presence of 250 students and he did .
But ALLAH is always with ppl who are submissive and rely only on HIM. And now ALHAMDULILLAH everything is ok.

SABR SABR SABR

wasalam

sincerely cell

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Dear Sister Dakota,
AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

You told that you have calm nature and feel those people bad who abuse muslims and islam. Actually this the inner passion of Islam about hating the cruelty and loving the truth. I infer that Islam was already inside you.

You know why all the world has come up to hate Islam? Its so simple to understand.

According to Quran, When Allah SWT created human (Adam AS), He asked all the angles and Jinnies to prostrate in front of Human. All did but Satan (Devil) did not. Upon this Allah's Anger was thrown on him and he was declared as infidel. But before going to Hell, Satan asked Allah for some time and he some sort of 'challenged" Allah SWT that the humans are so vunerable that he can easily bring them to astray (by injecting evil thoughts in their minds). Upon that Allah SWT gave him the time till Judgement Day and said to him that the people who will be the followers of Allah's Order will never go astray , instead they will succeed, and ofcourse infidels will follow satan.

Now given that the Islam is THE Way of life provided by THE ONE AND ONLY SUPREME, and given that it is THE only true religion, then ofcourse satan will inject evil thoughts in the minds of non-muslims so that they hate this religion. You might have noticed that many many non-muslims hate Islam so much even they have not gotten any kind of loss from them. Satan just injects evil thoughts in them, except those who are destined to be saved by Allah SubhaanahuWataalah.

You can show such people, the videos at turntoislam and also I refer you some of the other videos which you can refer those infidels:

Very important documentary, analyzing how the media reports and brainwashes people. Very Important to see !
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7828123714384920696

About George Galloway:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9071731896689197790

And
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6804714963382152969

Professor Noam Chomsky from MIT:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=676452061991429040

Dr. Zakir Naik in Atheism:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-811321280634119479

If they happen to see these videos somehow then they might change their mind. InshaAllah.

Wassalaam,

Bluegazer

Hello Dakota,

First of all, I'd like to welcome you to this forum. I'd also like to thank you for your kind words. I hope more people in America and the West are like you.

I hope you won't mind if I talk a bit about Christianity. I know you're a Buddhist, but I truly believe that America's view of Islam has to do with the way Christians have historically viewed Islam, and Christianity has a great impact on Americans' lives and way of thinking. The girl that said the negative remarks about Islam is a Christian [Mormons are a sect of Christianity, officially called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints].

I think the main reason most people fear Islam is their ignorance of it. And this ignorance is just really phenomenal. If they only knew some very basic information about Islam, then you'll see that most of this bigotry and hatred towards Islam will be greatly reduced.

The following example will illustrate my point:

The KKK [Klu Klux Klan] is a well known racist group which operates in the Southern States of the U.S. They commit hideous crimes against African Americans just because their skin is black. They'd go to a house and take the husband [a black man] and hang him [lynch him] in front of his family, then they leave a big burning cross behind.

The KKK's use of the cross clearly shows that they identify themselves as Christians. And yet, very few people in American [even non Christians] would associate Christianity with this despicable crime. But why?

The reason is that the vast majority of Americans [even non Christians] know enough about Christianity in order for them to distinguish and isolate the KKK from the main body of Christians.

When it comes to Islam, however, there is very little knowledge among the masses of Americans. You yourself said the following is your first post of this thread:

A few weeks ago a girl talked to me about islam (something I know a lot about because of islamic friends and close members),

So, your outrage against what's being said about Islam and Muslims came primarily because you know enough about Islam that you recognize rubbish [i.e. lies about Islam] when you hear it. If you didn't know about Islam beforehand, you may have reacted in a similar way to most people in America.

The following is a list of facts about Islam that every Muslim should firmly believe in:

There is only one God, and that only He should be worshiped.

God Almighty has sent a final Messenger to mankind, and his name was Muhammad [peace be upon him]. This Messenger should not be worshiped at all, as all worship is due only to God Almighty.

God Almighty has sent Messengers and Prophets before Muhammad, such as Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Jesus Christ [peace be upon them all]

God Almighty has created Jesus Christ in a miraculous way, meaning the Jesus Christ was born without a father while his mother [The hounourable Mary] was a virgin.

God Almighty bestowed miracles upon His Messengers and Prophets as a sign of them being truly His Messengers. Among the miracles of Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] was healing the sick and awakening the dead. There was also another miracle which Christians do not know about, but which is mentioned in the Qur'an [The Holy Book of Islam, which we believe to be literally the Word of God Almighty] and that was that Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] spoke as a baby in the cradle.

I'm quite sure that the vast majority of Americans do not know these very basic facts about Islam. Can you imagine their reaction when they know this about Islam? I truly believe that much of the animosity will disappear, and will be replaced with a curiosity to know more about Islam.

Don't get me wrong though. There are still very major differences between Islam and Christianity [such as Islam's total rejection of the notion of the Trinity]. But these differences will be looked upon in a new light by Americans once they see the whole picture [i.e. learn more about Islam].

I just like to comment on a misconception you seem to have. You said the following:

Teachers need to tell people about islam, or for that matter, all religions! Why should ALL islamic people be hated? they're people who believe in beloved Allah, and this is your right, islam LIKE ANY OHER WAY OF LIFE,got a bad, and a good side.

To begin with, other religions may contain parts of the truth, but we Muslims believe that only Islam holds the whole truth.

The Message preached by earlier Prophets, such a s Moses and Jesus Christ [peace be upon them] was also truthful. Yet what has reached us now is a corrupted and distorted version of the message they preached. Only Islam was preserved in its original form.

Because of that, I certainly do not agree with you that Islam has a bad side [with a good side]. Islam is the religion that God Almighty wants us to follow, and the commandments of God Almighty do not have a bad side.

I think you tried to say that there are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims. I agree with you in this regard. Islam is perfect, but Muslims are not.

To sum it all up, the best way to dispel hatred against Islam is to inform others about Islam. I'm very pleased that you did that with the Mormon girl in your school. In order for you to be more efficient in this regard, you need to know more about Islam.

I suggest you begin with reading a good translation of the Qur'an. There are two that I highly recommend:

1- The Qur'an (Arabic Text with Corresponding English Meanings), published by Abul-Qasim Publishing House, Saudi Arabia, (1997) ....ISBN 9960792633

2- The Holy Qur-an: English Translation of the Meanings and Commentary, published by King Fahd Holy Qur-an Printing Complex, Saudi Arabia. This is a translation which was based on Abdullah Yousif Ali's famous translation, but revised by the Complex. It's a huge book [2082 pages]

I also strongly suggest you read the following two books, written by Bilal Philips:

The Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism]

Salvation through Repentance

Thank you again for your open mind and your defense of Islam.

I hope you all the best

Bluegazer

Durriyyah

Forever Student
A lot of students at school say things like "you dirty arab", and other things that I think totally degrade the nation of that part of the world and also mecca. Teachers need to tell people about islam, or for that matter, all religions! Why should ALL islamic people be hated? they're people who believe in beloved Allah, and this is your right, islam LIKE ANY OHER WAY OF LIFE,got a bad, and a good side.

:salam2:

Dakota,
I agree with you that we should teach about ALL religions in schools, only to acceptance and tolerance with other cultures, religions and ways of life. While most religions, including Islam, take the view that their way is the one and only way, I believe it is extremely important for everyone to know at least on a basic level what others believe. Also to understand why women choose to wear hijab and how most women feel it is more liberating to do so rather than oppressive.

I have also studied Buddhism and there are many things about what I learned that I still hold on to today such as not dwelling in what may be and what was, but appreciating the moment for what it is. This does not mean that you are blind to the past and the future, but instead taking control of what you can right now. Also, being mindful of how your actions may bring about suffering to others and how suffering is enevitable (sp??) but pain is optional.

My point is that knowledge is acceptance and acceptance is understanding, and ultimately, I believe, understanding brings love and care to each one of us. It is impossible to hate someone once you understand who they are and why (unless of course they are the type of person who purposely brings suffering upon another).

I think after telling people the basics of Islamic belief, the next best thing is to describe WHY things are done in a specific way. Women are asked to cover because their beauty is seen as something so wonderful, that she should not share it with the world (like eating your favorite chocolate bar everyday... after a while it loses it special-ness... sorry for the lame analogy... moving on :redface: ). Also, eating halal meat is a way to thank Allah for the gift of food and while we may need to kill an animal, we are showing it the most respect possible while doing so. At least I've found explaining the reasons WHY has always gotten me a response of "Oh... well that makes sense!!"

Best of luck to you and many blessings to your kind heart for attempting to straighten the misconceptions about Islam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I feel your pain. Schools will always abuse Muslims, by words or actions. My country is Christian with a growing number of Atheists (Atheists are more tolerant surprisingly).

The only advice that I can give is (and I'll have to follow my own advice because I'm almost in high school) that you tell them the truth about Islam. If they continue making fun of you, just remember this Qur'an verse (Translation of the Meaning):

"So they have indeed rejected the truth when it came to them; therefore the truth that they mocked at will shine upon them." (Surah al-Ana'm 6:5).

Also remember that Allah protects His own so don't fear anything they might do to you. On Judgement Day, everything they said against Allah's Servent will be thrown back at them with 100x the fury.
Yeah my bros and sisters, then they'll start crying and I'll laugh at them for mocking Islam.

[vg]3147992852768134495[/vg]

[vg]8316412744769648382[/vg]

[vg]8554175352091082692[/vg]

It also grieves me to see all my bros and sisters die while I'm just sitting and watching them.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Also, stay strong sister, cause Allah is the only true god, and only HE is the merciful! How I hate seeing all this! I wish I could go for Jihad, but I'm only 12 years old and I'm already making intention. I make intention to go for jamaat, but they won't allow kids to go to places like Guayanas, Argentina, unless you went to 40 jamaats cause they only want experianced people to go. YOU can help make a differance sis so we're counting on you and making dua that you and all of us stand strong and fight these mushrikeen who attack Islam! I have an idiot A// teacher who targets muslim "terrorists" dying for Allah. Well we are! Do you know Osama bin Laden attacked the center because the people supported Zionists, a military base was on that floor, and America put military bases in Mecca and Madinah and got OUTRAGED!
WE muslims want heaven, and that's our goal in this life, and our goal is to obey Allah for ETERNITY!

tekoda

Thank you all for your opinion

All of you have left interesting comments in relation to my situation and fight againts ignorance against islam and all religions in general
I wish others could be accepting and not so ignorant towards islam, arabic nations and beliefs,
It saddens me the way people treat islamic people, In my compassion, my mind and my buddhist belief, I believe that they will pay at a stage in their life, they might miss out on the beauty of islam and it's sect of people.

I have never got so many intelligent responses in relation to my point of view and situations and it makes me feel quite happy to be able to witness everyones ideas and opinions in order to make my self a more better and respectful person, I want to be able to tell people about islam when they mock it, I want to tell them something that they can be enriched by, and the fact that islam is not a bad religion.

Where I live, almost every 5th person you see in the street is islamic, I live in a extremely multicultural environment, and this is what confuses me the most, why would people be againts so many individuals that they are currently around and experience a lot?

Thank you all deeply for supporting me and giving me a better understanding about islam and what I can reply to such hatred.

You have all given me things that I have deeply thought about, thank you, thank you.

Dakota :salah:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yusuf Estes

Well actually sister, they beleive the media. Even on the Washington Post, they said 60% of the governtment is Jewish...
The media tells people stuff like, "We pray to a black box in the dessert, we kiss the floor five times a day, go to this:

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/yusuf/priests_n_preachers.htm

Go to http://islamtomorrow.com

Yusuf Estes, was taught like everyone else about the propaganda in Islam like terrorism. He tried to convert Mohammed, one of his clients because he thought Mohammed should be "guided."

Anyway see here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7657333391410735923&q=yusuf+estes

acedoc

Islam : answer to the purpose of life

Hello Dakota,

You said in your post, "I my self have been raised a buddhist, I am of buddhist nature and a lot of what I do in my life I try to round around buddhism, compassion and improving my lifestyle so that I can live a very peaceful and open minded life, However the problem against islam over the past year has deeply started to effect me in ways that are not imaginable"

It is impressive to see a 15 year old to show so much intelligence/insight and sensitivity into human nature. I would like you to invite you to Islam. You said in your profile that your belief is Buddhism.

Contrary to Buddhism, Islam calls us to the worship of one and ONLY one God. Our Creator and Sustainer.

Can you name one simple thing that came into existence by itself?? I can NOT. So how could this complex universe came into existence or even maintain itself? Never mind the universe..how can an Ameoba (a single cell oragnism) create itself? The is no logical explanation of all this.. We must believe in Allah (God) as our Creator. Islam is based on principles that our Creator, and who can know us better than The One who created us. Only Islam offers inner peace and serenity that leads to harmony within oneself and amongst our fellow creatures. Islam has laid down laws about our realtionship with The Creator and all others that we deal with within a life-time. No man-made law can be a substitute.

I encourage you to further study Islam. We have many many good online resources here from which you may learn the basics of Islam. May Allah guide you to the truth. Ameen

Welcome to TTI.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

Adding to what brother acedoc has said, also know that Islam is the religion of truth out of all the choices. Why? This isn't a bigotted narrow-minded statement. Visit http://islam-guide.com to see some of the Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an.

People have tried to explain off these miracles by saying "this or that is too vague". Read it for yourself and see how clear they are.

If you ever want to become a Muslim; read my sig. If you can't read my sig, then this is what it says...

All is takes to become a Muslim:

Say and believe: Ash-Hadu La Ilaha IllAllah Wa Ash-Hadu Anna Muhammadan RasulAllah

Translation - "I declare that there is no God but Allah, and I declare that Muhammad is His Messenger"

acedoc

How and why do people embrace Islam?

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/spot_full_story.asp?service_id=775

How and why do people embrace Islam? ‘Part One’
6/27/2004 10:27:00 PM GMT

People embrace Islam in the West (USA, Canada, UK, France and Germany), in the Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States, Jordan), in Africa and the Far East (Malaysia, Philippines, Hong Kong) and many other countries all over the world.

According to Islam, there is only one revealed religion which has been revealed from the time of Adam until the last of the prophets, Mohammad (PBUH), yet it was revealed on stages. Consequently, the essential message of all the prophets was one and the same, Allah says in the Holy Qur’an:

“Verily, We have sent to every nation a messenger (saying), ‘Worship Allah and avoid false gods.”

All the Prophets that Allah has sent had one basic messages, for indeed the purpose of creation is only one, which is worshiping Allah. Allah says in the Holy Qur’an

“I did not create the jinn and mankind except for My worship.”

This message addressed a basic and essential need in human beings; the need to worship. Such basic need was created in all human beings at the time of Adam’s creation.

Man’s Natural Disposition : the Fitrah

As Allah made all human beings swear to His Godhood when He first created Adam, this oath is printed on the human soul even before it enters the fetus in the fifth month of pregnancy. So when a child is born, he has a natural belief in Allah. This natural belief is called in Arabic the fitrah. If the child was left alone, he would grow with the same faith and believe in Allah. But what happens is that all children get affected by their surroundings, whether directly or indirectly. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said that Allah said:

“I created My servants in the right religion but the devils made them go astray.”

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) also said:

“Each child is born in a state of ‘fitrah’, but his parents make him a Jew or a Christian. It is like the way an animal gives birth to a normal offspring. Have you noticed any (young animal) born mutilated before you mutilate them?”

And since the child’s body submits to the physical laws which Allah has put in nature, his soul also submits naturally to the belief that Allah is its Lord and Creator. However, his family friends, and his surroundings affect him, and as he grows up, he may find himself following this or that’s way of life.

The religion the child follows at early stages of his life (childhood) is one of custom and upbringing, and Allah does not punish him for this religion. However, by reaching maturity one starts differentiating between what’s right and what’s wrong, an adult must now follow the religion of knowledge and reason; Islam. At this point the devil starts doing his best and trying hard to encourage him to stay as he is ( encourage him to stay passive and not do any good deeds), or bring down. Evils are made pleasing to mankind and thus we live in a constant struggle between our fitrah and our desires till we find the right road.

If one chooses his fitrah, Allah will help him control his desires, even though it may take most of his life to do so; for example some people embraced Islam in their old age, yet it is never too late.

People in all ages may be divided into two main groups with respect to their preparedness to receive the message:

1. Those searching for the truth who are dissatisfied with the religion followed by their contemporaries on one hand,

2. And those not searching. This second group may be further divided into those not searching because they are satisfied with their religion and those not searching because they have rejected belief in God. The second group has been a minority throughout history.

People usually tend to accept the cultural norms of their society without question. In Prophet Mohammad’s time, that minority was called the hunafaa’ . Most of them embraced Islam once they received the message. Very few however, due to tribal jealousies rejected the Islam message. Thus, the first group responded positively to the clear truth of revelation. On the other hand, the second group based their response on their trust in Prophet Mohammad’s (PBUH) character. For he was indeed truthful and honest throughout his life, therefore, there was not reason to doubt him being a Prophet.

1. The Role Model

First people who embraced Islam were from the Prophet’s (PBUH) household

Khadijah bint Khuwaylid
‘Ali ibn Abi Talib
Zayd ibn Harithah

Afterwards the Prophet’s close friend and confidant joined them and embraced Islam too.

Their embracing Islam was partially a result of their direct contact with the Prophet (PBUH) and their unquestioned belief in him and his truthfulness due to their personal experience with him. This reason for conversion may be called the “role model.”

2. Da’wah to Islamic Monotheism (Tawheed)

The next five figured embraced Islam with the help of Abu Bakr’s invitation.

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan
Az-Zubayr ibn al- ‘Awwam
‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf
Sa ‘ad ibn Abi Waqqas
Talhah ibn ‘Ubaydullah

In their case, embracing Islam was a result of them to introducing the message of Islam and calling them to embrace it. Here the reason may be generally called the “Da’wah”( calling for Islam)

3. Truth Seekers
Among the converts was ‘Amr ibn ‘Absah who had rejected the idolatry of his people and went on his search for the truth. Same case was with Salman al-Farisi who journeyed from Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity to Islam. The reason for the conversion of those companions of the Prophet (PBUH) and others like them may be called “truth seekers”.

4. Reading the Qur’an

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab’s embracing Islam was as a result of his hearing the Prophet (PBUH) recite Surrah al-Haaqqah. The Najashi’s was due to his hearing Surrah Maryam. These and others like them may be referred to as those who embraced Islam as a result if “Reading the Qur’an”.

5. Moreover Islam reached out to the Far East countries through Muslim businessmen and salesmen who went there for business, their ethics in business dealings and their honesty encouraged people to embrace Islam, and so we have lots of Muslims at these countries, like Thailand. So Islam wasn't spread with the power of sword, as some anti-Muslims claim. It was through presenting the true image and nature of this fine religion that made people want to embrace Islam.

Different reasons behind embracing Islam were almost the same in all ages. They are not limited to time periods, but can be found from the earliest of times until the present. Those involved in propagating the religion and inviting others to Islam, must familiarize themselves with these and other factors in order to develop the correct strategies to deal with them.

The other major problem that Muslims face, especially in western societies, is the absence of a Muslim community to support their families, their children often leave Islam by the time they graduate from high school. Consequently, among the da’wah strategies necessary is the development of Muslim schools to preserve the identity of Muslim children of the converts.

acedoc

No place for racism in Islam...BUT...

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Brother,

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

A muslim must not and can NOT hate another muslim. Unfortunately, you are generalizing the bad character of a few to a whole lot. I myself was brought up in Pakistan... and have seen bigotry and racist behavior against Arab brothers. I assure you non of that is from Islam. Please act responsibly..Allah will hold us agaisnt every word that we say..so you need to ask for Allah's forgiveness. All muslims are brother s to each other.

Your post also reveals a lot of immaturity and anger . Please do not speak from an angry heart. Yes what you have said is parftially true about racism that exists amongst some arab countries agianst muslims from other parts of the world. Of Course no one can justify thsi behavior in light of teh Quran and sunnah. But you can NOT rectify one wrong with another. Just as Allah will certainly hold them for their bigotry and racist attitudes He will also ask you about your deeds as well.

Please think with a cool mind..if you truly fear Allah[/B]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Following is an excerpt from a Fatwa ( Islam-qa.com ) on Racism and Bigotry in the Islamic world:

Allaah created Adam and Hawwa’ [Eve], and made their offspring into peoples, tribes, races and colours. All people come from Adam and Hawwa’, and no colour or race is superior to another. Rather all of them are equal before Allaah with regard to their origins, and the one who fears his Lord the most is the best and most honourable before Allaah.

However people split after this into nations, countries and races, is only like the splitting of a single family, brothers from one father and one mother.

This ‘asabiyyah (tribalism) that is appearing nowadays in most countries, where people form factions on the basis of race, colour or homeland, is akin to the ancient tribalism that existed between the tribes of Aws and Khazraj; it is one of the leftovers of jaahiliyyah [ignorance].

There had been many wars between Aws and Khazraj during the Jaahiliyyah, with a great deal of enmity and hatred, and intense fighting, until Islam came and they entered therein, and became brothers by the grace of Allaah.

After Islam had set their affairs straight and they had become united, a Jewish man passed by a gathering of Aws and Khazraj, and he was bothered by their friendship and unity. So he sent a man who was with him to sit amongst them and remind them of the wars that used to be waged between them. He did that and kept doing it until they were provoked and became angry with one another, and they got riled up and started shouting their slogans and calling for their weapons, and threatening to go out to the Harrah (a place in Madeenah) to fight. News of this reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he came to them and started to calm them down, and said, “Are you issuing the calls of the jaahiliyyah when I am still among you?” Then he recited to them the following verse (Interpretation of the meaning):

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Qur’aan), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allaah’s Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allaah makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]

When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited this verse to them, they regretted what they had done, and they reconciled and put aside their weapons.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

acedoc

just in case we forget....

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : the messenger of Allah said :

"Do not envy one another; do not inflate prices one to another; do not hate one another; do not turn away from one another; and do not undercut one another, but be you, O servants of Allah, brothers. A muslim is the brother of a muslim: he neither oppresses him nor does he fail him, he neither lies to him nor does he hold him in contempt. Piety is right here-and he pointed to his breast three times. It is evil enough for a man to hold his brother muslim in contempt. The whole of a muslim for another muslim is inviolable [haram/prohibited] : his blood, his property, and his honor."

Related by Muslim.

Noor to shine

All of you have left interesting comments in relation to my situation and fight againts ignorance against islam and all religions in general
I wish others could be accepting and not so ignorant towards islam, arabic nations and beliefs,
It saddens me the way people treat islamic people, In my compassion, my mind and my buddhist belief, I believe that they will pay at a stage in their life, they might miss out on the beauty of islam and it's sect of people.

I have never got so many intelligent responses in relation to my point of view and situations and it makes me feel quite happy to be able to witness everyones ideas and opinions in order to make my self a more better and respectful person, I want to be able to tell people about islam when they mock it, I want to tell them something that they can be enriched by, and the fact that islam is not a bad religion.

Where I live, almost every 5th person you see in the street is islamic, I live in a extremely multicultural environment, and this is what confuses me the most, why would people be againts so many individuals that they are currently around and experience a lot?

Thank you all deeply for supporting me and giving me a better understanding about islam and what I can reply to such hatred.

You have all given me things that I have deeply thought about, thank you, thank you.

Dakota :salah:

Dear Dakota , I think that Allah most Glorified (the creator of me , you and everything else loves you that is why he gave you such tender heart full of love and compassion .....May Allah bless you.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

God Almighty said:

"O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

[Interpretation of the meanings of the Qur'an 49:11]

Regards,

Bluegazer

acedoc

how true is that..

Masha Allah Brotehr Bluegazer,

You always coem up with exactly the most relevant ayah (verses) from the Quran.

Jazak Allaho Khairan