Dad want's to send me to Palestine....?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
:salam2:

To make this short, basically my dad decided to send me to Palestine from May t to October without really consenting me. I woke up today and he was talking with my uncle and there basically arranging it. If I were to go I would stay at Tel Aviv with my aunt for a month then go to Jerusalem for the reminder of the months. Now heres my problem:
I don't think I could stand living in a land that's been literally stolen from me. I think I would basically go insane thinking about the mere fact that this was the land of my ancestors and now it's gone. Second, I don't know the least bit of there culture, Tel Aviv is only 1% Muslim and I don't think I would be very happy around all these Hebrew speaking people. I would feel imprisoned and would dread it. My third problem is that I will be missing my exams and the begneing of the new school year. I'm very sensitive about my high school grades and missing my exams could very well destroy my mark. At this point the only good thing I can see in this trip is the fact that I will be able to visit one of our holy cities. Otherwise, i'm basically forced to go to live with my cousins to "meet" them and learn arabic for such a long period of time. I honestly don't know what to do.

Nichole

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'm sure that this is really frustrating and a little scary as well, going half-way around the world, to a land that you've never been to, to meet people that you don't know. Plus, you add in the political and religious factor of Palestine and it would seem like a lot to handle. But, maybe you would love it there. You get to see the Holy Land that so many prophets have walked on and you get to connect with the land that belongs to your people! That's a huge blessing that you might hate yourself later for passing up. And Allah knows if the situation gets worse later, are you sure you will get this chance again?

Insha'Allah, you can talk to your teachers and make up any work that you might miss.

Nichole

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'm sure that this is really frustrating and a little scary as well, going half-way around the world, to a land that you've never been to, to meet people that you don't know. Plus, you add in the political and religious factor of Palestine and it would seem like a lot to handle. But, maybe you would love it there. You get to see the Holy Land that so many prophets have walked on and you get to connect with the land that belongs to your people! That's a huge blessing that you might hate yourself later for passing up. And Allah knows if the situation gets worse later, are you sure you will get this chance again?

Insha'Allah, you can talk to your teachers and make up any work that you might miss.

Nichole

:salam2: Waseem,
Sister Nichole is right. This is once in a lifetime opportunity to visit the Holyland and stay there for a short while too. I wish I had that opportunity.

As far as feeling of stolen land is concerned then US and Canada and Mexico too are stolen land from the native people. But they live here... dont they? Besides so many Palestinians live there anyway. You will experience how they feel first hand. I think this will help you in seeing things in right perpective and you will be more thankful for all the blessings you have.
Do you know why he wants to send you to Palestine ? Is there a wedding or something?
:wasalam: