What do YOU do on eid?

SpangledStarz

Asalamu Alaykum

Just out of interest, since most people seem to visit family. Sadly only my close family (mother, father, siblings) live with me and the rest and back home in Africa. Our family open presents, go to eid prayer, hang back in the mosque to exchange hugs, have chats, etc. By the time we get home it is around 12'o clock. On Eid-ul-Adha if the weather is not too frosty we have a BBQ, but I doubt there is any chance of THAT this year. We generally stuff our face with sweets, play board games, have a family dinner, laze about complaining about full stomachs and watching TV, tell jokes, stories, and stumble lazily to bed. We go on outings most eids, but it is mostly too cold and spending a day in glueing your toes to the fireplace sounds better, doesn't it :)

Wassalam,
Sister Starz

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
You're Eid sounds pretty fun. This will be my first Eid and I can't go to a Mosque or do anything but what I do on a regular day. My family's Christian while I'm Muslim, so I can't go to the Mosque and Eid-ul-Adha and Eid-ul-Fitr are regular days :(
:wasalam:

shabnum

:salam2:

my dua is for you that allah give you all the happiness on eid day.inshallah

:jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap:

wasalaam:salah:

R

raul008

Eid

Well In The Eid Day Its Really Fun In my country because in the morning I wake up and Give Thanx to allah for Making Me Alive till this eid then I take Bath and go to the prayers after I come Back I Hug my father,brother,and all the muslim brothers and then I take Eide(money) as for eid then We eat together and share our happieness we decorate our house! And Many Guests Comes To Our House And We Watch Television and thats the way I pass my Eid I wish This world Was Filled With So Much Fun Like This And That There Is no war and If there was Eid Every-day It Would be The Best Place To Live. May Allah bless You All And Guide Us to the path to jannah!! Amin

SpangledStarz

:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
You're Eid sounds pretty fun. This will be my first Eid and I can't go to a Mosque or do anything but what I do on a regular day. My family's Christian while I'm Muslim, so I can't go to the Mosque and Eid-ul-Adha and Eid-ul-Fitr are regular days :(
:wasalam:

Congrats on converting! Well, true believers celebrate the fact that they believe in Allah. You can do that in your heart. It can be a happy day for you inside, not necessarily physically! You can go to the mosque, unless your family forbids you. Maybe you will find sisters in the same position as you, and many others (mostly everyone!) willing to help you!

Raul, wouldn't eid have no meaning if every day was eid? And besides, for a muslim, every day is an eid because time is valued and loved, and merely the fact that Allah is in your heart is an eid in itself :)

Thank you for your comments and well-wishings everyone. I hope you all have a blessed eid.
Sister Um Adil: I believe it is on the 30th of December.

Wassalam and jazakum allahu khair
Sister Starz

nasir89ah

well i usually go to mosque make eid prayer........and then after have breakfast with my family...........and later the local community mosque usuallys gives a dinner..............sometimes sisters will have little sister's party..............so mash'allah as long as i make through the eid.........i am grateful

lema

i'm ging home to my family for mum's sake only. they say they are muslims but still celebratig New Year Eve.. I think it's gonna be that NY atmsphere rather than Eid. anyways

Spangledstarz: I agree with Raul and I agree with your logic. The way Raul I interpret Raul is the way he is expressing his joy, meaning he loves Eid (just as much as anyone) and wishing out of content and happiness that it was every day. I think he feels really happy, but wishes it was every day that the world was like that, but of course it is not. I think you might be taking his words to literally.

I also agree with you logic that eid would have no meaning if everyday was eid. Eid is a special, because for instance Eid al-Adha (festival of sacrifice) we celebrate one of Abraham's main trials was to face the command of Allah to kill his only son. This is not something that happens everyday, we can't celebrate it every day. So inessence I believe both of you are correct, just one is expressing it in a state of happiness while you are expressing it logically.

To answer the forum--I usually attend the masjid, have family/guest over, give gifts, donate money, attend festivities here in Washington DC, and just think about being a Muslim because that is a blessing in itself, Allah could of very well taken it away from you and made someone else Muslim.

Salaamalikum wa ramatullah barakatuh

subhanallah

Salam aleykom,
Sadly enough - we hardly do anything at all to celebrate Eid. We're usually too busy with school/work to have time to do anything special. But this year, subhanallah, Eid's taking place on a sunday so I've made a promise to myself to try to do the best of, at least, the first day :inshallah:. Somebody reminded me a while ago that celebrating Eid is a worshipping act itself. :muslim_child:

ifrah26

eid hmmmmmmmm

:salam2: eid for me is a day when me and my family will spend social time together and go out to meet friends and relatives but not always we might just stay home and spend time jaza khala khair for sharing this:wasalam:

Abdul Malik

Eid

Asalam laikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

On Eid inshallah well we get up nice and early clean up get ready and then head to the local park where we pray the salat.
After that its normally time with family and inshallah a get together with friends and making sure we dont forget the rest of our daily duties i.e salah LOL its it good to get the time of work to.

Alhumdulillah i guess most of us are fortinate to do the things we do on Eid subhnallah there are many muslims around the world that can celbrate like we can so inshallah we try and remember them and make duaa for the ummah.

inshallah all the bro/sis enjoy Eid.

P.s almost forgot to mention the FOOODDDD. ENJOY ALL THE MUNCHIES LOL

Laksemi

:salam2:
In our country, this type of celebration is celebrated widely. I thank Allah for I am staying in a Muslim country whic takes Islam seriously as a way of life and practise. Alhamdulillah. It will be a huge celebration as much as Aidilfitri. There will be open houses, visiting families and relatives as well as neighbours and friends. Praying together and such. Syukur it will be a joyous occassion. I cannot wait for it. I also hope soon I can also perform my Haj if Allah will let me. Insya Allah.

I hope everyone will have a happy Aidiladha no matter in what situation u r. What important is we will thank Allah for all the chances Allah has given us. Sometimes as a humble human being we tend to take the tiniest bit for granted. I hope we all will appreciate what Allah has given us. Enjoy and I wish u all Happy Aidiladha.

Forgive me if I accidentally type something that is not intended to be offensive. Thank you kind sisters and brothers :hijabi:

muslimahindeen

:salam2: EID MUBARAK TO ALL THE MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD .......My eid is usually spent at home with my family. As the ladies here don't attend the mosque we'll wait on the men to retuurn then they will start the preparations for the Qurbaani which is lots of fun.We slaughter the animals here the men will do the slaughtering,the ladies prepare the food then whenever it's done we all have a feast ..............friends and family will visit or we will invite them for lunch etc ................ so it's all fun .............Alhumdulillah

duran

Salaam

Well, I read interesting things...

but for me...It might lil sad, cus Im not going out, why? well...for some health reasons...Insha Allah Pray for me...

BTW I hope everyone Great Eid....

:)

Marwa17

Salam everyone :)...Duran i'm sorry to hear that you are not well..i pray that Allah heals you...Anyways, sadly for eid, i've always said it's fard kifaya and gone to school..In the past my parents have not really cared, but i think it's starting to annoy them...anyways, this eid is like during winter break (no school :))...so, for eid, I usually go to school, then hang out with people until like midnight...ya...lame, i know
But like I think so many people over the years have sadly forgotten the true meaning of eid. They think it is a time to show off their new clothes and everything...I'm the kind of person that hates showing off...
I think people have to remember that maybe eid is not all about having fun and getting new clothes/money/presents...maybe it's about remembering allah and making that sacrifice...just my own two cents (lol...they're not very original, i know)...But anyways, I hope everyone here enjoys eid this year...ten days early and i'm already wishing everyone eid mubarak (!!!!!...lol...you just feel teh "eid" in the air...like i don't know why but i've always noticed that on eid the weather seems different...cloudier...(it could just be because the last few years it's been in the winter...lol)...anyways, I have a quick question for anyone ummm...is there a debate whether arafat started thursday or friday??? and can you fast the day before arafat or is that like ramadan where it is haram for you to fast the day before the beginning of the month and day of eid???? Salam everyone :)