Did Jesus really say he would rise from the dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nichole

Honestly, there are thousands of texts of the bible and no 2 are the same! How can any book be taken as being correct in this case?

Yes, as Muslims, we believe that the the Old Testament (in it's unaltered form) is the word of Allah and the same with the Gospel of Jesus (AS) but that has nothing to do with the present form of the New Testament. If you look at the books of the New Testament it is divided into books, The Gospel according to Mark, The Gospel according to Luke, The Gospel according to John....Where is the Gospel of Jesus (AS)? THAT is the book that we believe in.

Nichole

If you want to disprove the "Red Letter Bible" ask the Christians two bring ONLY 2 texts of the same manuscript out of the THOUSANDS that exists which are the same. They can't do it.

Sabra

Salaam,

Let's think about this for a minute. If men have translated the red letter
bible's from the different version of bible's out there, I don't think they
could be the same. As we know the protestants have a different number of
books than the catholics. Also we know there are many different versions
of the bible, so how could the red letter bibles be the same. Just a
thought, I haven't researched all the red letter bible's. I personally do not
beleive they are the words of Jesus(pbuh) as stated above by hellbraker
that Jesus(pbuh) was supposed to be quoting hosea.

Salaam Sabra

wahidfazl

I've come across a red letter bible and found that Jesus (pbu) is claiming he'd rise from the dead on the third day, and that remission of sins is to be in his name????

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48And ye are witnesses of these things.

49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Luke 24:46-49

Given that Shaikh Deedat and Zakir Naik have disproved the crucifixion using the bible itself, how can one reason with a christian when he presents these red letter uttered by Jesus (pbu) in the bible??

Brother,

Assalaam

The verses that you are quoting is from which version?

i know it is from RSV, but of which year's is it of 1952 or 1971?

BigAk

Brother,

Assalaam

The verses that you are quoting is from which version?

i know it is from RSV, but of which year's is it of 1952 or 1971?

No They're not from the RSV.. They are from the Authorised King James version 1979.. However, I do have both of the RSV's, the 1952 and 1971, and they both have the same verses in them. They were not expunged.

o_ahmad

In Luke 24:44-46, Jesus says that it is written in the Law of Moses (i.e. Torah) that Jesus will die and resurrect on the 3rd day.

The problem is: NO-WHERE in the Old Testament does it prophesize that he would raise, after 3 days, so if Christians use this to prove that Jesus predicted his "alleged" resurrection, then they also have to believe Jesus was lying about the law of the prophets (Old Testament).

o_ahmad

But how do you explain the three nights as in the sign of Jonah ?? If the christian insists of counting part of the day as a full day, one still can't come up with three nights..

Friday night is 1
Saturday night is 1
Total 2 nights.

So at the most the christian can ultimately come up with 3 days and two nights if considering the time factor in the sign of Jonah.

This prophecy is NOT for Jesus, since Jesus is NOT a "begotten" son of man, he is was only "begotten" son of Mary. Also, Jesus is the son of God, in the sense of a slave and servant of God, and God is NOT a man, which proves that Matthew 12:38-40 is not based on Jesus. It must have been about someone else, otherwise Jesus would have clearly referred to himself, instead of saying: Son of Man.

But, if Christians say that this 'does' refer to Jesus, then they also have to agree that this is an unfulfilled prophecy.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Here Jesus was quoting Hosea 6:2..but then u have to ask urself a question.What was Jesus saying in Luke 23:43?
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jesus said to one of the criminals that he will be with him today.What did he mean?

As salamo alaikome....

VERY VERY good point you have here brother. I do remember hearing this when I was Catholic and going to Sunday school. I was taught these were the words Jesus said while he was on the cross. Let me add something to your theory if you will..........when Jesus was on the mount just after he "rose" from the dead (that would have been the 3 days after his death according to the Christian bible) Mary Magdalene saw him but didnt recognise him so she called out to him as if he were a stranger asking him if he knew where her "master's" body had been taken. She had seen it was no longer in the tomb and thought someone had removed it. Jesus turned to her and in that moment she recognised him and began to reach for him. He warned her not to touch him because he had not yet reached his fathers house. It implied he was on his way at that moment to paradise (3 days after he died on the cross) but yet he told the criminal as they hung on the cross that they would be in paradise THAT VERY DAY (which according to the Christians was 3 days earlier). I just wanted to point out another contradiction found in the bible.

hellbraker

As salamo alaikome....

VERY VERY good point you have here brother. I do remember hearing this when I was Catholic and going to Sunday school. I was taught these were the words Jesus said while he was on the cross. Let me add something to your theory if you will..........when Jesus was on the mount just after he "rose" from the dead (that would have been the 3 days after his death according to the Christian bible) Mary Magdalene saw him but didnt recognise him so she called out to him as if he were a stranger asking him if he knew where her "master's" body had been taken. She had seen it was no longer in the tomb and thought someone had removed it. Jesus turned to her and in that moment she recognised him and began to reach for him. He warned her not to touch him because he had not yet reached his fathers house. It implied he was on his way at that moment to paradise (3 days after he died on the cross) but yet he told the criminal as they hung on the cross that they would be in paradise THAT VERY DAY (which according to the Christians was 3 days earlier). I just wanted to point out another contradiction found in the bible.

Thank you, but it does not matter (does it?) to say when He died.If he died on a Wednesday or a Friday, what will it do to me..Nothing! Is someone going to ask me in heaven (if i go), when he died?And if i unknowingly say the wrong date or time,will i be denied entry? Well..I dont think so.
What matters is how we live here.We can't know everything..can we?(If so,we will b in par with God...isnt it?I believe somethings are not supposed to be known..is it?
For Jesus himself says in some occasions like in Matthew 25:...My Father,Lord of Heaven and earth, I am grateful you hid all this from wise and educated people and showed it to ordinary people.

Even the learned Pharisees seems unsure when Jesus asks them as follows in Matthew 22:
Jesus replied, "How then could the Spirit lead David to call the Messiah his Lord? David said,

'The Lord said to my Lord:

Sit at my right side until I make your enemies

into a footstool for you.'

If David called the Messiah his Lord, how can the Messiah be a son of King David?" No one was able to give Jesus an answer, and from that day on, no one dared ask him any more questions.

So the point is..even if i do a PhD in this matter..if im blind to myself, to my fellow human beings and nature...Its useless.Is it?

And remember Jesus said that "no one can come to Him unless God makes him to come"..Ok, so should i blame God? hmmmm....

Isra

aka Tree2008
Thank you, but it does not matter (does it?) to say when He died.If he died on a Wednesday or a Friday, what will it do to me..Nothing! Is someone going to ask me in heaven (if i go), when he died?And if i unknowingly say the wrong date or time,will i be denied entry? Well..I dont think so.
What matters is how we live here.We can't know everything..can we?(If so,we will b in par with God...isnt it?I believe somethings are not supposed to be known..is it?
For Jesus himself says in some occasions like in Matthew 25:...My Father,Lord of Heaven and earth, I am grateful you hid all this from wise and educated people and showed it to ordinary people.

Even the learned Pharisees seems unsure when Jesus asks them as follows in Matthew 22:
Jesus replied, "How then could the Spirit lead David to call the Messiah his Lord? David said,

'The Lord said to my Lord:

Sit at my right side until I make your enemies

into a footstool for you.'

If David called the Messiah his Lord, how can the Messiah be a son of King David?" No one was able to give Jesus an answer, and from that day on, no one dared ask him any more questions.

So the point is..even if i do a PhD in this matter..if im blind to myself, to my fellow human beings and nature...Its useless.Is it?

And remember Jesus said that "no one can come to Him unless God makes him to come"..Ok, so should i blame God? hmmmm....

As salamo alaikome

I understand sir that you are defending your religion but I was simply pointing out my opinion of what I found to be contraditions in the bible. I have stated a fact from what I have read sir. If I have offended you possibly you should investigate the information for yourself instead of getting angry with me for pointing out a simple fact. There is no point to your anger I USED to be the same as you until I was guided by Allah to the right path alhamdulillah!!!

hellbraker

As salamo alaikome

I understand sir that you are defending your religion but I was simply pointing out my opinion of what I found to be contraditions in the bible. I have stated a fact from what I have read sir. If I have offended you possibly you should investigate the information for yourself instead of getting angry with me for pointing out a simple fact. There is no point to your anger I USED to be the same as you until I was guided by Allah to the right path alhamdulillah!!!

Haa! did my tone sound angry?Mmm..but the truth is i was not angry at all.Besides who am i to be angry with you!Dont call me sir, im not learned as you, call me friend, brother etc..
Well how can I defend my religion when i dont even know what it talks about in its Holy Book..
But tell me does it really matter for me to know the exact date or day when He was crucified or when he resurrected?Will it be the judging matter that determines whether i will reside in hell or heaven?
I think the contradictions which we see in the Bible,its either because we see it with "human knowledge or wisdom" which is prone to fault and not with " Divine wisdom" which God gives to the person He chooses, or that the person who wrote The Bible(by God's will or word) made mistakes (after all he too is a human, and we make mistakes) , but then you may ask why dint God correct it before "publishing it",... how do I know the reason?(only God knows).

As I told you before, you are a Muslim for a reason and Im a Christian for a reason.Just as Jesus said.." ..you can not go to God unless he wants us to go"..

massi

Haa! did my tone sound angry?Mmm..but the truth is i was not angry at all.Besides who am i to be angry with you!Dont call me sir, im not learned as you, call me friend, brother etc..
Well how can I defend my religion when i dont even know what it talks about in its Holy Book..
But tell me does it really matter for me to know the exact date or day when He was crucified or when he resurrected?Will it be the judging matter that determines whether i will reside in hell or heaven?
I think the contradictions which we see in the Bible,its either because we see it with "human knowledge or wisdom" which is prone to fault and not with " Divine wisdom" which God gives to the person He chooses, or that the person who wrote The Bible(by God's will or word) made mistakes (after all he too is a human, and we make mistakes) , but then you may ask why dint God correct it before "publishing it",... how do I know the reason?(only God knows).

As I told you before, you are a Muslim for a reason and Im a Christian for a reason.Just as Jesus said.." ..you can not go to God unless he wants us to go"..
the Matter is: the story is fake !!! and there is no dead man has raised from his tomb !!

hellbraker

the Matter is: the story is fake !!! and there is no dead man has raised from his tomb !!

You all believe in Docetism (belief where someone else took the place for Jesus on the cross).Isnt it?This belief was there "then" in some Christians and its still here.Mmmm..But i dont understand how this happened?Were the soldiers paid bribery?Was Pilate fooled? Were the Pharisees who wanted Him dead so badly, suddenly went blind?If it was modern times, i would love to imagine it as someone throwing a smoke grenade..hehe.Were theses non-Christians saying lies?
  • Lucian (c.120–after 180 A.D. referred to Jesus as a crucified sophist (philosopher).
  • Josephus (c.37–c.100 A.D.) wrote, “At this time there appeared Jesus, a wise man, for he was a doer of amazing deeds. When Pilate condemned him to the cross, the leading men among us, having accused him, those who loved him did not cease to do so.”
  • Tacitus (c. 56–c.120 A.D.) wrote, “Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty … at the hands of our procurator, Pontius Pilate

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

Allah took jesus up, and replaced him with jesus's hater. thats why after that, he went missing and no one could find him, because he was replaced with jesus and they actually killed him instead and they didnt know it.

FreedomFighter

they thought it was jesus, but in the moment Allah replaced him, and the replacer, Allah made him look like jesus so the people realy didnt know. jesus will come back on earth.

hellbraker

Did you know that the mayor of any Canadian city is addressed as "Your Worship!"? Members of Parliament in the UK are addressed as "My Lord." This tradition of reverence to people of authority or knowledge has been the norm in all cultures throughout history. In the Middle East, we refer to our elders as "Hadhritak" (Your Presence). In the Orient, a pupil refers to his teacher as his "Master."

None of that implies that any of these people is God, son of God, or divine in any way, nor do the people using these words believe it. David referred to Jesus, peace be upon them as his lord because God holds Jesus in the highest esteem. God says in the holy Quran,

Even John the Baptist, peace be upon him, who himself baptized his cousin Jesus by washing his hair with water from the River Jordan said that he was not fit to wash Jesus's feet. So, it's not strange that David would call one of his offspring his lord. Notice how David started the sentence? Didn't he say, "The Lord called my lord..."?

Ok so why were the Pharisees keeping quiet when Jesus asked them to reply?Dint they know what you have told me?

hellbraker

they thought it was jesus, but in the moment Allah replaced him, and the replacer, Allah made him look like jesus so the people realy didnt know. jesus will come back on earth.

Mmmm...so poor Jesus had to suffer like anything until God replaced him at the moment of Crucifixion. Why would God want this happen to an innocent man until he is saved by a look alike.It doesnt make sense.He could have replaced him long before..isnt it?
Remember even Jesus asked God to take the cup (suffering) from Him earlier,before all this was to happen.So according to you, God heard Jesus and rescued Him....mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.