How do i change my environment? please

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum brothers and sisters

I recently have been feeling low and down and i think this is due to my home environment i need advice on how i can change it for the better when the tv is constantly on and the game and we dont speak much to eachother how can i repair relationships or nourish them when i have nothing to speak about with my own sisters i want everyone to better themselves because if i have a better environment then i can better myself it seems like a one man war in this house but alhamdulilah i try hard to encourage them all but its not enough to tear my relatives away from doing bad some dont even pray i cant watch them do this any longer but how do i say stop what your doing they may find it offensive or rude or judgemental but i just wanna see me and all my family go to jannah together i dont wanna see them suffer or struggle or get punished because this does not only affect them it affects me and my worship....

sorry this is long i have kept it bottled up i guess i just need advice on what you would do or say or if you are in a similar situation please make dua for me and my family.

i ask allah to help me and my family and give me patience Ameen :tti_sister:

nizar83

aselemu aleikum...

i know exactly how you feel sister...it can be very depressing mashallah..

however the power and benefits of du3aa is so huge and instantly calming mashallah..i advice you to make as many du3aa for you and your fam and the muslim community as possible..

autumn

Strength in Unity
Asalamu alaykum brothers and sisters

I recently have been feeling low and down and i think this is due to my home environment i need advice on how i can change it for the better when the tv is constantly on and the game and we dont speak much to eachother how can i repair relationships or nourish them when i have nothing to speak about with my own sisters i want everyone to better themselves because if i have a better environment then i can better myself it seems like a one man war in this house but alhamdulilah i try hard to encourage them all but its not enough to tear my relatives away from doing bad some dont even pray i cant watch them do this any longer but how do i say stop what your doing they may find it offensive or rude or judgemental but i just wanna see me and all my family go to jannah together i dont wanna see them suffer or struggle or get punished because this does not only affect them it affects me and my worship....

sorry this is long i have kept it bottled up i guess i just need advice on what you would do or say or if you are in a similar situation please make dua for me and my family.

i ask allah to help me and my family and give me patience Ameen :tti_sister:

you could always have something to speak about.. when you have time talk to them, ask them how they are doing.. if everything is alright.. make doa for them.. help them... give some advice..show them you care for them..

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: brother (i guess you are a brother by the name)...

Subuhaanallah you are in a very similar situation as I am. The difference is I am not with my family.

I need the same advice too brothers and sisters. Hope you can understand how strong the influence of home environment will be if it is against our faith.

So please kindly help me too.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
:salam2:broters.

May Allah make easy your struggles.

I would recommend you download some interesting articles about islam and then just get their attention and have them read them.
Maybe they will be touched by it and change little by little.
Also as my brothers and sisters have said Always make duahs for them and in shaa Allah Allah will help you ease your struggles.

Remember Allah does not give what one cannot handle.
Allah is all merciful and most loving

You will be in my duahs

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Be patient and do dua'a.

Your job is to transfer the message in the best possible form. Acceptance is from Allah.

Even the prophet (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) could not guide to light those he wsihed to, since guidance is from Allah alone.

Verily you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) guide not whom you like, but Allâh guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided.

Qura'an 28:56

Mohd Akbar

Believers

Asalamu alaykum
Always remember

'Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!' (qur'an 13:28)

Those who glorified Allah both in open and in secret will be the foremost to Enter Paradise on the Day of Resurrection.
---The Prophet Mohammad

Wassalam

nori suja'i

Wallahoo'alam, this is only a suggestions.
Firstly try to do spring cleaning together to the hse 1st. who knows if the unseen creatures/family of sheytaans also living in the hse especially in the cramped areas of the hse without we realise it.
Secondly ask the elder man of the hse to be an imam in daily prayers in the hse (once a day alright if not 5 times).

justcelebre

Salam,

I think talking to your sisters and informing them what they are doing right or wrong may not necessarily work esp if they are in their teenage years where advising don't always work because they don't listen. I'm not sure about you, but I doubt that would work on someone younger than me.

What I can suggest from experience is that you can try to encourage your sisters to pray together. For example, when they are still watching tv when it's already Zuhr prayer, you can say "Alright, I'm going to pray Zuhr now. Are you girls going to pray also? Come pray with me. I'll become the imam". Something along that line. They may not necessarily listen to you at first but after awhile they might do what you tell.

A friend of mine used to wander around school while me and another friend were rushing off to pray. After awhile, seeing how we are always mentioning about what time we should go for our prayers etc, she began to follow us and then slowly, she herself started to pray when she saw us praying.

About communicating with your sisters, why don't you try to think of something to do together like say - play board games together? How old are they? If they are in their teenage years, maybe you can have a shopping trip with them. Or rent bikes and cycle in the park. I'm pretty sure if you can find something interesting to do, you might be able to draw their attention and it's from there, you can start having conversations. I don't think there's a need to have expensive activities just to hang out.

I hope things will work out for you and your family. If there is a will, there's a way. insyaAllah.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2: brother (i guess you are a brother by the name)...

Subuhaanallah you are in a very similar situation as I am. The difference is I am not with my family.

I need the same advice too brothers and sisters. Hope you can understand how strong the influence of home environment will be if it is against our faith.

So please kindly help me too.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

:salam2:

most of the muslimah names were taken iam a sister and i understand what you mean and what you are going through and inshallah all my muslim brothers and sisters will be in my dua and i hope Allah accepts it from us
Thank you all brothers and sisters for posting back you all mashallah have given me great advice which i hope inshallah i will put into practice.

i know i cant guide them for only allah can guide someone and he who is misguided none can guide but allah but i just worry about them and the direction they are heading and also the effect it has on my imaan khayr inshallah with hardships come ease i hope allah guides us all and keeps us on his path Ameen :tti_sister:

Again thank you all for your advice and reminders may allah reward all of you abundantly Ameen:hijabi::hijabi:

yameenahmed

to my knowledge i think omly dua will work out sister because if u say anything to them such as come to pray they eill say" oh!!! we know everthing u need not say anything " because they think in that attitude so they cant be changed as easily because of their thought so no problem sister u be obedient in workship and dua for them one day or the othsr they will change .Inshallah even i will dua for u