New non-Muslim member

Papipaul

My name is Paul. I llive in New York City. I edit the publications for my job, and I maintain my employer's Web site, as well as having my own site.

I'm very glad to have found this Muslim site. I am not Muslim. It is very unlikely that I will convert to Islam. I have great respect for Islam, and I enjoy my conversations with Muslims, some of whom call me "brother" or "habibi."

I look forward to learning more about Islam, Muhammad (PBUH), etc.

sajjuaiah

Hello Paul.

Warm welcome to this beautiful community.

I am from Saudi Arabia.

If you have any questions/clarifications please do let us know.

Thanks

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

“Verily, Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves” (Qur’an13:11)

"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Aal 'Imraan: 85).

Hello Paul,

Welcome to this global community. You'll find this site full of information & interesting topics.

There is "no compulsion in religion" (Holy Quran 2:256). If you are satisfied with your beliefs then I say "to you be your religion and to me be mine" (109:06).

Hope you to see you around. We look forward to your inputs & contributions :)

Living Soul

:salam2:

Hello brother Paul to our family in TTI.....

Verily, The true guidance is from Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'la. And the best speech is the words of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'la, which is the Holy Quran.
The best conduct is the Sunnah of Holy Prophet Peace be upon him.

May Allah Ta'la open up ur heart, May He guide u to the truth, May u understand the reality of this world and the Hereafter. Ameen

:wasalam:

NAJMA6

My name is Paul. I llive in New York City. I edit the publications for my job, and I maintain my employer's Web site, as well as having my own site.

I'm very glad to have found this Muslim site. I am not Muslim. It is very unlikely that I will convert to Islam. I have great respect for Islam, and I enjoy my conversations with Muslims, some of whom call me "brother" or "habibi."

hey paulwelcome TTI
it is great to hear that from non muslim person and if God if God wills u wiil learn and islam is beautiful religion

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Hello Paul

Welcome to TTI

"habibi" means "my love" in Arabic :) ... it is a common way of addressing friends in some parts of the Arab world (I think Lebanon ?) ... like in some parts of England where everybody is "luv" or "darlin"

Feel free to ask any questions

yameenahmed

Hi Paul welcome to ds site and welcome to Islam

I am from India and i welcome u to Islam the only religion in the site of allah[swt]

"when good reaches bad should vanish bad by itself is bound to vanish" -AL QURAN 17:81

abuayesha

Greetings from Sri Lanka

Welcoming to TTI, I wish you all the best.

Indeed, you will find a wonderful time here. Insha Allaah - God willing.

This is a place where we all discuss about anything, religion, sociology, friendship with dignity, you name it...

Hope you will enjoy your stay here.
Be open minded! Ask any question without hesitation. Those who know the answer will clear your doubts...

ed209

I am not Muslim. It is very unlikely that I will convert to Islam.

That's also what i thought about 2 or 3 years ago. But now,i stick to perform prayer, to read,recite and understand Qur'aan, to positively think the true meaning of Islam for me. So dear Paul, Allah's arrangement is always beyond yr imagination. If He wishes, surely any miracle will happen in yr life. :)

Papipaul

Thanks very much (shukran) to those who have welcomed me!

I don't understand something. Someone quoted Al 'Imraan 85, stating that only Islam is acceptable.

Someone else said: There is "no compulsion in religion" (Holy Quran 2:256). If you are satisfied with your beliefs then I say "to you be your religion and to me be mine" (109:06).

This appears contradictory. Can someone explain, please?

Thank you.

Maa salama.

AAminAA

Amatullah

:salam2:

Welcome to TTI Paul. I hope this site will be very useful for you.

masalam

muslimah-2k8

3:85

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam
(submission to Allah) never will it be accepted of
him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of
those who have lost (all spiritual good)

it means that God Almighty wouldn't reward those who follow a religion other than Islam
(Submission to God) in the hereafter...

But God Almighty has given us a freewill in this world to follow any religion of our choice...the choice is upto us...
"no compulsion in religion" (Holy Quran 2:256)
"to you be your religion and to me be mine" (109:06)

in the hereafter what will make us successful is 'following Islam'...
hope that clarifies..

AAminAA

Amatullah
Thanks very much (shukran) to those who have welcomed me!

I don't understand something. Someone quoted Al 'Imraan 85, stating that only Islam is acceptable.

Someone else said: There is "no compulsion in religion" (Holy Quran 2:256). If you are satisfied with your beliefs then I say "to you be your religion and to me be mine" (109:06).

This appears contradictory. Can someone explain, please?

Thank you.

Maa salama.

It doesn't look contradicting to me.

Saying that only Islam is acceptable, means that there is no other religion from God except Islam.

Deffinition : Islam means submitting to one God.

Trough the period of our exsistance , Allah sent many Prophets to warn the people. Each and every were saying that there is only one God worth of worship. If every prophet s.a.w.s., were saying that it means that they were in Islam ( see the deffinition )

The words "There is no compulsion in religion, is right on place. Meaning , that no one can force somebody to be MUSLIM, if they do not want that.

Deffinition: Muslim is the one who submitts to one God.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
As salaamnu Alaykum1 Welcome Brother! For a Free Quran and lots of literature about Islam, you can also go to
You have just taken the first step to the rest of your life, Alhumdulilah! Gaining knowledge. The brothers and sisters here are very helpful and knowledgable. Again Welcome!

shichemlydia

salam alikoum....

salam alikoumù brother,
welcome to the website and enjoy your stay with us, we ask allah to guide you to islam inchae allah, just to be with whom allah is pleased in the hereafter,
best wishes
wa salam alikoum

Carreno

Hai Paul...

My name is Wan...I'm a muslim from Malaysia. Sorry, my english is not that really good..but, it doesn't matter at all as long as i can understand others. Well,warmest regard 2 u. Hopefully, God will show u the right pathway. I enjoy my life here in university. I have many friends and my best friend here is not malaysian, but from yemen. But, u may wonder...How do i can make friend with someone that is not from my country. The answer...only Islam unite us:ma: To other patron, u r welcome to send me any messages since i like to make friends from various country and religion...May Allah bless ol of u...