Have you performed your Shawwal fasting?

hassana elkoussi

: As-salamu alaikom dear brothers & sisters

Now it's the 22nd of Shawwal , i.e. there's only a week left. So, have you finished fasting the six days of Shawwal. Remember you'll get the reward of fasting the whole year. :tti_sister:May Allah accept all our good deeds. Ameen

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: my sister...

Yes I have done on the next 6 days after EID alhamdhulillah. And hope ALLAH (swt) will accept from me.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
No I have not done them yet. I still have to make my days up from Ramadan. Inshallah I will try to catch them, if not then next year inshallah.:hijabi:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
No I have not done them yet. I still have to make my days up from Ramadan. Inshallah I will try to catch them, if not then next year inshallah.:hijabi:

:salam2: sister Shaheeda...

If you can't do it in this month for an accepted reason, then you have the option to do it in the next month, with all the rewards of fasting a whole year too. Since we call those days '6 fasting in Shawwal', most people think we can only fast those six days in Shawwal only. But Islam says to do it in the following month if we can't do it in this month, with an acceptable reason in Islam.

How easy is Islam. ALLAHUAKBAR!!

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

hassana elkoussi

:salam2: sister Shaheeda...

If you can't do it in this month for an accepted reason, then you have the option to do it in the next month, with all the rewards of fasting a whole year too. Since we call those days '6 fasting in Shawwal', most people think we can only fast those six days in Shawwal only. But Islam says to do it in the following month if we can't do it in this month, with an acceptable reason in Islam.

How easy is Islam. ALLAHUAKBAR!!

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

:salam2:Excuse me , brother, i'm afraid this is not true. The hadith says, Whoever fasts the month of Ramadan and follows it with six days in Shawwal, will be rewarded as if he had fasted the whole year . Do you have any evidence that we can do it in any other month ?

Sissih

AhlAlSunahWaDjama'ah
I still have to fast 2 days of Shawaal, inshaAllaah I finish it this weekend.

And the six days of Shawaal is only in the month of Shawaal, the month after Ramadan.

Many ppl say that you cant fast Shawaal if you didnt finish the whole Ramadan.. So finish that first. Wa Allaahu A'lam

saadali33

:salam2:Excuse me , brother, i'm afraid this is not true. The hadith says, Whoever fasts the month of Ramadan and follows it with six days in Shawwal, will be rewarded as if he had fasted the whole year . Do you have any evidence that we can do it in any other month ?

bismillah

According to my understanding it is the Maliki Madhab that believes you can do it all year, while Imam Shaf'ii held the opinion that you can only do it during the month of Shawwal.

The reasoning the the use of the word "min" in the hadith, "min Shawwal" means "from shawwal" or "starting with Shawwal"

Allahu 'Alam

May Allah forgive us for any misunderstandings.