'US troops' strike inside Syria

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
US helicopter-borne troops have carried out a raid inside Syria along the Iraqi border, killing eight people including four children, Syrian officials say.

The official Syrian news agency Sana said the raid took place in the Abu Kamal border area, in eastern Syria.
It said that American soldiers on four helicopters had stormed a building under construction on Sunday night.
The US says it is investigating. It has previously accused Syria of allowing foreign militants into Iraq.
Syria has summoned the US and Iraqi envoys in Damascus to protest at the raid.
"Syria condemns this aggressive act and holds American forces responsible for this aggression and all of its repercussions," a government official said.
If confirmed, the raid would be the first known attack by US forces inside Syrian territory, says BBC diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus.
Its timing is curious, coming right at the end of the Bush administration's period of office and at a moment when many of America's European allies - like Britain and France - are trying to broaden their ties with Damascus, our correspondent adds.

Crossing point
"Four American helicopters violated Syrian airspace around 1645 local time [1345 GMT] on Sunday," Sana said.
"American soldiers" emerged from helicopters and "attacked a civilian building under construction and opened fire on workers inside - including the wife of the building guard - leading to [the deaths] of eight civilians", it added.
"The helicopters then left Syrian territory towards Iraqi territory," Sana said.
The dead include a man, his four children and a married couple, the Syrian report said, without giving details of the children's ages.
The village was named as Sukkiraya, 8km (5 miles) from the Iraqi border.
A US military spokesman was unable to confirm or deny the reports, saying it was a "developing situation".
But later the Associated Press news agency quoted an unnamed US military official in Washington as saying that American special forces had attacked foreign fighters linked to al-Qaeda.
"We are taking matters into our own hands," the official said.

The area is near the Iraqi border city of Qaim, a major crossing point for fighters, weapons and money travelling into Iraq to fuel the Sunni insurgency.
The Iraqi city's mayor, Farhan al-Mahalawi, told Reuters news agency that US helicopters had struck a village on the Syrian side of the border, after which Syrian troops surrounded the site.
Washington has in the past accused Damascus of turning a blind eye to the problem.

SOURCE

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2:
Thank you for posting this article. I heard about this on the news this morning. I suppose the US is going to say that the victims, including four children, were terrorists... Or that Al Qaeda terrorists had planted children there intentionally as Muslims don't care about children, :astag: You know they will have their "spin" on the story.... they always do.....

Imagine, they call it a "developing situation"...... what nerve. It makes me so angry, they just have no respect for Muslim lives lost whatsoever. It makes you wonder if it was actually the mission or another "error" by the US military that so often kill their own troops in "friendly fire" that I can't imagine they would ever succeed in destroying one of their so-called "legitimate targets".... they just blast everything in sight.....

Let's see how they get themselves out of this one, and they probably will, for now anyway... But Allah is aware of all that they do and their day of reckoning will come just like for the rest of us.

:wasalam:

U.S. losing it's credibility

Salaam,

I am getting quite sick of the U.S. Not only have we Muslim become victims of U.S. political & military aggression, but lies as well. Last month they killed 90 Afghan civilians with videos of their depiction then still had the guts to to say they were "Al-Qaeda" "Taliban" related even when the UN, Afghan government & villagers said they were civilians.

How would they feel if someone killed 90 Americans in America's soil and said back in their country, they were linked to the Columbian bombing?

Syria needs to shoot any helicopters/tanks that crosses it's border or else the U.S. will continue to violate it's laws & kill more people. Syria needs to take action & enough with the cheap talk.

It's obvious to point that the world has become more frustrated & angered at the U.S. then prior to this so called "War on Error."

Nichole

If you read the forums where this incident is being discussed, the majority of Americans are saying that if Syria controlled the border better then the US wouldn't have had to attack. However, if you live in the US, like I do unfortunately), then you know that the lack of our ability to control our border with Mexico was, until recently, a major political issue. If we cannot stop the drugs and immigrants with our huge budget and man-power it's ironic that we are using this pretense for the attack.

There is a story that says:

A group of 4 cows lived in a field. One was black and the other 3 were white. The white cows stuck together, excluding the black cow to be by himself. The white cows disliked the black cow so when a wolf came to them and told them "Let me eat the black cow. You don't like him and he's not like you." The white cows decided this was a good idea and allowed the wolf to eat the black cow.

The next night the wolf came back and approached 2 of the white cows and said, "Allow me to eat the white cow over there grazing and I will leave you two alone." They thought about this and it seemed like a good idea. After all, this will save themselves! So they allowed the wolf to eat the other cow.

Not surprisingly, the wolf came back the next night and approached one of the 2white cows that was left and told him that if he wanted to live he would allow the wolf to eat the other cow. Not wanting to die, he said that it was fine. "Go ahead and eat him" he said. This cow was all alone now.

On the last night, the wolf came, the lone cow knew that it was his turn now, since he was the only one left. As he was watching death approach him he said "I was eaten the day the BLACK cow was eaten."

If we allow our Ummah to go down one region after another, know that we are next! We were eaten the day we allowed Afghanistan and Iraq to be eaten. It's only a matter of time.

abuayesha

No! This is a political stunt! The Presidential Election is 6 days from now!

Hate is sown in America among the people against Arabs, Muslims and against whomever talk Justice.

This is CHEAP politics in America. If you go back to the election period whether it was during the time of Repulicans in the White House or the time of Democrats in the White House, you will find these type of sudden attacks against third world contries.

May Allaah protect the innocents whoever it is, whether Muslims or non-Muslims.

I do not know what the world bodies are going to do:

The United Nations
The Non-Aligned Movement
(Nowadays nothing heard from this movement, I don't know whether it is dead!)
The Organization for Islamic Countries (oh! I see)
The Arab League (I have seen a news clip the League condemned the attack)

What we as individuals can do is only to pray to Allaah the Almighty to shower His mercy onto the innocent.

Wassalaam

If you read the forums where this incident is being discussed, the majority of Americans are saying that if Syria controlled the border better then the US wouldn't have had to attack. However, if you live in the US, like I do unfortunately), then you know that the lack of our ability to control our border with Mexico was, until recently, a major political issue. If we cannot stop the drugs and immigrants with our huge budget and man-power it's ironic that we are using this pretense for the attack.

Salaam,

Who said everyone in Syria recognizes the borders? This is the idea that the West is trying to implement. This is what they teach us in the U.S. in their geography books. I say take those border lines out. Iraqis' & Syrians should freely go north & south as any Muslim should be freely travel to any Muslim country. The Bush administration fears the rise of a calipha. The current formation of the Islamic State of Iraq is a threat to democracy. We Muslims need one foreign policy. If one part of the Muslims world gets attacked then the whole Ummah gets attacked.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: very true, Brother TheHumbleWun. There are over 1.6 billion of us around the globe... I pray that one day we will truly band together as an Ummah should and defend our brothers and sisters that are being persecuted around the world.
:wasalam:

Nichole

I completely agree that we should be able to go freely between any region, as Muslims. It's so silly that we have pride in one country or another when we are one Ummah and these countries were arbitrarily drawn by drunk French and English in order to divide us into bite sized chunks.

However, I was merely pointing out that some ignorant people were saying the if Syria couldn't control it's "borders" then they had it coming. This is a fallacy since the US, with all of it's resources, can't control its borders and it makes no secret of that.

autumn

Strength in Unity
salam,
i also saw that on the news..this whole killing al-qaeda thing is so absurd, ridiculous.. ok in the news the american soldiers say they have nothing to do with it but the other sources say that america said syria should have controlled their borders better, that means america admit to doing it.. when i saw the news it got me sad and it showed how anything can happen anytime, just another family just having another day...who new they would get hit so badly..children and innocent people accused of being al-qaeda....too absurd...obviously.
we also need the al-qaeda to fight the enemies...they are the ones who are willing to fight enemies, same with the taliban.. if they are not here, who will fight the enemy and protect islam? but this doesnt mean usa has to target innocent people and accuse everyone of being in al-qaeda... they killed people and took their rights...5 from one family...they killed muslims..they are one of the worst people...they dont make sense