some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinVA

Hello

As some of you might know, im on the verge of converting.
So last week during class i was reading the treasure of the Quran.
And one of my classmates asked me was I a muslim, and i said no,not yet but im thinking about converting.
Then he asked me which one am i going to convert to Shia or Sunni, and i told him i didn't know.
can someone please explain to me the differences between the two?

And aslo, are muslims forbidded to date?

Thank you in advance for your answers. :)

GAZIJA

Staff member
Hello

And one of my classmates asked me was I a muslim, and i said no,not yet but im thinking about converting.
Then he asked me which one am i going to convert to Shia or Sunni, and i told him i didn't know.

I hope this will help;

Question; The suni mulsim was RESITING QURAN we are also resiting quran they are also reasiting ead namaz we are also we are also reasiting ead namaz and etc. THEN WHY WE HAVE TWO RELIGIOUS SHIA & SUNI

Answer;
Praise be to Allaah.

All of those who belong to Islam and bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah recite the Qur’aan and affirm that salaah, fasting, zakaah and Hajj are obligatory. But they are divided into different groups, each of which has its own way as regards beliefs and acts of worship. The best of these groups is Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, who adhere to the Qur’aan and Sunnah both outwardly and inwardly, and who follow the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the first Muslims, the Muhaajireen and Ansaar. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad to mankind): “If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ششn and the Sunnah), Allaah will love you” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31]

“And the foremost to embrace Islam of the Muhaajiroon and the Ansaar and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success” [al-Tawbah 9:100]

The worst of these groups are the hypocrites (munaafiqeen) who make an outward display of faith whilst concealing kufr (disbelief). They speak words which do not reflect what is in their hearts. They are the ones of whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: ‘We believe in Allaah and the Last Day,’ while in fact they believe not…

And when they meet those who believe, they say: ‘We believe,’ but when they are alone with their Shayaateen (devils — polytheists, hypocrites), they say: ‘Truly, we are with you; verily, we were but mocking’” [al-Baqarah 2:8, 14]

Between these two groups are others which vary in their degree of closeness to good and evil. The Ismailis are an extreme Raafidi group who make an outward display of loyalty to Ameer al-Mu’mineen ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) whilst concealing disbelief in Allaah, His angels, His Books and His Messengers. Hence some of the scholars said concerning the Faatimis, who were same as the Ismailis, that they make an outward display of being Raafidis, but they conceal in their hearts pure kufr. They are also called Baatinis because they claim that the texts and laws have hidden (baatin) meanings other than those which are known to the Muslims. For example, they say that the five prayers refer to the knowledge of their secrets, the fast of Ramadaan is the concealment of their secrets, and Hajj is travelling to meet their shaykhs. But the baatini school of thought – which includes the Ismailis – is based on secrecy. Their real beliefs are secrets which are known only to their leaders, and these leaders are deluding the ordinary people, enslaving and exploiting them, demanding from them sums of money to be paid at certain times, expecting absolute obedience from them and scaring them by telling them that if they go against them they will be stricken with calamities. They command them to be different from the Sunnis with regard to fasting, ending the fast and Hajj, although they may show some tolerance and act friendly in order to deceive them. You are one of the ordinary Ismailis, and you do not know the secrets that the leaders have. They do not think that you are qualified to know them, because they know that if you and others like you were to discover these secrets, you would be disgusted and would have nothing more to do with them, and you would reject their beliefs. They want you to continue being a follower, enslaved to them, and they want to retain their leadership over you. Fear Allaah and free yourself from this enslavement to someone other than Allaah and following someone other than the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because there is no one who should be followed apart from the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). May Allaah bless you with guidance to the Sunnah and keep you away from the path of bid’ah; may He open your eyes to the truth that He is Able to do all things.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn al-Barraak

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/7974/shia

And no we can not date:lol:

Nichole

Hi Justin!

I don't want to give a religious ruling on why we can't date since I'm not qualified. But, if you think about the how the people in the west date and yet they still have the highest divorce rate in the world, I think that shows that dating doesn't help to produce a good marriage. Also, you could date someone for years but people usually change significantly once you are married and over time as well. Dating can lead to pre-marital sex and also Islam teaches us that any relationship between the sexes, besides a scholarly relationship, is forbidden.

If you try to avoid the situation completely, then you are much less likely to slip into sin. Satan has a way of leading you one tiny step at a time. These steps often appear innocent enough until, before you know it, you are committing a sin.

However, in Islam you can get to know the person that you are thinking of marrying. It simply has to be done in an Islamic fashion (refer to an Imam for this).

Here is a haddith (a saying of our Prophet (pbuh)):

Three men were commanded to go out, they had a sister, there was no one to look after her, so they thought that they should leave her with the worshiper, as he was the most trusted person, they took their sister to the worshiper, he was someone who lived in a monastery and devoted to worship, he said 'awuthubillah' (I seek refuge in Allah) and to get away, he was unmarried and at that time Shaytaan came to him and said she may be left with someone untrustworthy and that he should take care of her.

He told them that they should leave her in a separate house to where he was staying. He would take food, leave it at his door step and then leave, he never met her. Days passed by and Shaytaan said, somebody may see her while she is walking out, so rather than her to come out and collect food, you can leave it at her doorstep, [so you can see how Shaytaan came and he listened, Shaytaan is making it seem that he is doing good], so after a while the worshiper started to take food to the girl, and then he would leave it inside the room, and then he would keep her company, first from behind the door, the relationship builds and it is easier for Shaytaan to lead him, he says you can't talk to her from outside, people will see you, you should go inside, he goes in, they get closer and closer, eventually he commits zina (sex outside of marriage), she becomes mother and has a boy, now when the brothers come back and see that she has a child the worshiper will be in big trouble, only way to put an end to this issue is to kill the baby.

Then Shaytaan says, do you think this woman will keep secret after you killed her own child? He killed her and the baby and buried them inside the house. When the brothers returned they asked about where their sister was, he said she had passed away and pointed to a fake grave. Shaytaan comes to the brothers in a dream and told the brothers that the man is lying and proof is that she is buried in another location, under a rock inside the house.

In the morning the brothers spoke to each other and they all found out that they saw the same dream, there must be some truth in it. So they went and uncovered the grave that the worshiper had told them about and found nothing, so they went to the house and found a rock, they dug beneath it, they found her there along with the child. They went to the worshiper and made him disclose what happened, he told then exactly what had happened, so they took him to the king and were taking him to be executed, while he was being dragged to his execution spot, Shaytaan came to him and said I was the one in communication to you since the whole thing started, I am Shyataan, I can get you out of this trouble if you want, I'm the one who put you in this trouble in the first place, I can get you out of it. The man said what shall I do? Shaytaan said, prostrate to me, and then man did, as soon as he did that, Shaytaan ran away and the man was executed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think this shows that Satan leads you to sin in such a sly way that even this man who devoted his whole life to worship was caught unaware.

tabaria

:salam2:

Would also like to add. That about 90% of those who consider themselves muslims are sunni. Shiites believe and do things not done by mohammed (pbuh) or his companions.

:wasalam:

Almeftah

Honostly, Shia sect now adays tend to come up with new ways of worship that Allah and Prophet Mohammad didnt Permit. I dont want to go into details, But this is a well known fact.

ahmed3711

I think both follow the quran but when you follow prophet mohamed so you better choose to be sunni to move on prophet mohamed sunna

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum,
may allah guide you to islam , ameen,
i will start with the easiest question, dating in islam is forbidden.
the second one, muslims who really live according to what allah swt said should submit himself to allah, and follow the sunnah of the prophet mohamed pbuoh,
those tribe called shia, invented something in islam, they think that the angle gabriel when he came with this quran did a mistake, instaed of giving it to ALI he gave it to the prophet mohamed pbuoh, and whoever believe in this is far from islam. so islam in sunni, no shia is recognised in islam,
muslims believe that ali was one of the great companiants of the prophet, but nothing was special with him, he was like abu bakr, omar, othmane.....
to download a e-quran please click here:
http://islamtomorrow.com/downloads/Quran_Khan.pdf
wa salam alikoum

a_stranger

Islam is a call for sincere faith in our creator (Allah swt), a call to worship Allah alone with sincerity, This is the essance of the message of Prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam. Satan (Shaytan) which flow with our blood is trying his best to ruin hearts of people by deviating people from the true message of Allah swt ....That is why we see many people go astray. There is only one Islam people may differ in some points in Islam but to invent a new way other than the prophet taught his companians is totally unacceptable.:astag:

cmelbouzaidi

Islam is a call for sincere faith in our creator (Allah swt), a call to worship Allah alone with sincerity, This is the essance of the message of Prophet Mohammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam. Satan (Shaytan) which flow with our blood is trying his best to ruin hearts of people by deviating people from the true message of Allah swt ....That is why we see many people go astray. There is only one Islam people may differ in some points in Islam but to invent a new way other than the prophet taught his companians is totally unacceptable.:astag:

:salam2: i agree 100%. i am a revert to islam and simply call myself "muslim". i don't like to point fingers or pick on groups or individuals certainly so for any revert, stick closely to studying Qur'an and Sunnah and you will not go astray, Insha ALLAH. what is very important to remember is that we worship ALLAH alone and nobody else. we do not pray to saints, we do not look to members of the Prophet's (saw) family as an intermediate between us and ALLAH. we pray five times a day, as we were instructed, and consolidating prayers to three times a day, as some groups do, or not praying Surah Al-Fatihah (the opening chapter of Qur'an) in each first two units of each prayer is innovation as this is not what we were originally instructed.

the very best to you, brother justin. i was a non-practising catholic many years ago so if you have any other questions, keep 'em coming :)

:wasalam:

Salem9022

Hello

We as Muslims follow Islam According to the Quran and the Sunnah in the Understanding of the Prophet and and His Companions and those who came after them (The Salaf as-Saleh).

The Shi3a sect is what it is. The Shi3a Sect It is not Part of Islam and Generally Speaking they are not even considered to be Muslims. Its like Saying Mormonism is Part of Christianity which is Untrue. Same thing with Islam and Shi3aism.

Shi3aism was created by a Jewish Man Named Abdullah Ibn Sabah from Yemen who wanted to destroy Islam because he feard Muslims will take over the arabian pinninsula. So he started his Own sect and "Converted" Outley to destroy Islam from the Inside. He started a Sect called Sabaiyaah, and he started to preach to the people in the newly conquered Lands which Muslims took over in Iraq, Syria, and in Egypt. He started to call people to worship Ali and told them that Ali was the Succesor not Omar. This is something not even Ali said. No Muslim knew about this because the Muslim Armies would not go inside the cities and towns they kept away from the civilian population. This started to become a Problem when people in Mobs and crowds actually started to preach this outley.

Also the Name of Abdullah ibn Sabah is documanted by Many of the Most Promiment Shi3a Scholars who call him the first and the father of the Shi3a Sect.

There is a in-Dept Analysis of this sect by Shiekh Saleh-as-Saleh in the Islamic INformation Section here under Devitated Sects and Callers

sami2000

salam alikum warahmato allah wabarakato
welcome to TTI and we hope to join to this great islam to be among your brothers and sisters ,first call allah (GOD)to show you the right way ,he is the best known, merciful. call with a pure heart , and say oh allah sohow me the right path , ,,,,,,,, .you just convert in islam and allah will guid you to the right one . at end we are waiting for you soon
keep this words in your mind always (ALQYRN IS CLEAR AND SUNNAH IS CLEAR AS SUN LIGHT , JUST FOLLOW WHAT QURAN SAY AND WHAT SUNNAH SAY , THAT IS TRUE ISLAM )
remeber dont be late we are waiting for you
GOODBYE
SAMI2000

Salaam Justin,

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” (hadith, Tirmidhi #2641). Follow the Quran & Sunnah only.

As for dating - Islam is a culture of shame. Both men & women are required to be chaste & lower their gaze as stated in the Quran. Just read the story of the people of Lut (peace be upon him).

Allah sent Lut (pbuh) as a mercy to those misguided people. They were practicing illegal sex & homosexuality, even in public with no shame!

In non-Muslim countries, there is less haya (shame) then in Muslim countries, there is no doubt about it. We should strive hard not to fall in the trap of following people who follow their own whims & desires. Allah will send them a grave punishment.

In a society where dating is permissable, they are the same people that don't understand the rational & permissablity of marrying four wives (under strict conditions with emphasis of marrying just one wife) yet they themselves have sex with 4, 6, 10, etc partners then argue against Islam...go figure!

May Allah guide us on the right path.

muthmainnah

One of the most perplexing scenarios to non-Muslims and new Muslims alike is the division they may see between Shiites and Sunni Muslims. To truly understand this subject to the fullest, one must delve into the early history of Islam and see under what circumstances this division actually began, a study far from possible for most people. Another way, much more in the scope of the average person, is to analyze which group is true to the teachings of Islam, a simple comparison may be done between Sunni and Shiite beliefs and practices in relation to textual evidence, the Quran – the revealed word of God, and the Sunnah – or teachings of Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him.

The word “Sunni” itself comes from the term “Sunnah”, explained earlier to be the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, for they are strict in abiding by these teachings without any introductions, interpolations, or omissions. The word Shiite (Shi’a in Arabic) means a “party”, “sect”, “supporters” or a “group of like minded individuals”.

Here is the site where you can read the history of Shi'a sect in Islam:
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/490/viewall/

Keep learn Qur'an and Hadits (sunnah), May Allah guide you to the straight path

noorsaba2503

Assalam alaikum (Peace be with you) Justin,

Subhanallah Its great to hear that you are thinking of reverting to islam. Trust me brother there is no better gift, treasure, wealth other than islam.. it will spiritually rejuvenate you. But there will always be some resistance to give up on the lifestyle you have because Islam may seem to stop you from doing a lot of ur normal daily activities that u had before islam. But the fact is Islam only forbids us from things which harm us in the long run, all those things which are bad for us. Though it may not be immediately apparent to us. I have experienced it in my own life , the more you apply islam the better it makes things though it seems very difficult but the moment you start putting effort , allah makes it easier and makes you realise why it is bad and why u needed to avoid it.

in case of dating we are opening a door to many sins which we may end up commiting.. apart from the sin(fornication etc) we also invite some physical , emotional problems for urselves. but since the world culture is so engrained in all this we may not always understand the consequences.

Islam understands human needs and says that if we can afford we shud get married as soon as possible after puberty.

About shia and sunni.. shia and sunni's have a difference of opinion on history.. It is related to politics [they differ on who deserved to be the next Khalifa(Caliph) after prophet Muhammed(pbuh) shias believe it shud have been from his family more specifically his son-in-law Ali(raa) and sunni's believe that Abu Bakr(raa) deserved to be the khalifa]

apart from that people who identify themselves as Shia discredit some of the important ahadith (traditions of the prophet(pbuh) because they reject some of the important and righteous Sahabah's(prophet's companions) and also prophet's wife Aisha (raa) and hence they reject the hadith recorded from them.. This creates a big problem because these were some of the most important people and they have recorded some of largest number of authentic hadith.
also people who identify themselves as shia do a lot of things which are totally against the fundamentals of islam. if u need more info on this u can reply back and i will email it to u (provide ur email address). But still we shud avoid from being identified as either of the 2 groups. We are muslims , the same way prophet(pbuh) was a muslim. Creating divisions among muslims is wrong and we shud refrain from all such things.

Also unfortunately there will be many people who may try to influence u towards different beliefs n practices within islam. Please be careful of such people...
Read and do ur study. There are some brilliant books which can help u .(will email u)
and also remember allah says in the Quran
"Hold on to the rope of allah and be not divided"
here the rope of allah is Quran and prophet's traditions i.e Hadith(read Bukhari and Muslim, these are the 2 most authentic books for hadith)
also Pray for guidance on the right path and ask for Allah's protection.

If you need more info please feel free to contact us .. this forum is very good and there are many knowledgeable people here..
we are all here to help u
may allah guide u.
all the best.
salaam alaikum

Salem9022

I would like to add which many of the brothers and sisters here have forgotten is that the difference between Islam and Shi3aism is not in Politics. If this was about Politics then this would have been resolved along time ago.

In reality the difference between Islam and Shiaism is in Aqeedah(Belief). We Muslims believe in La illaha ilal Lah (None has the right to be worshipped Except Allah).

The Shi3a ppl say "There is no God but Allah and, Ali, Hussien, Fatima, the 12 Imams, Imam Mahdi, Graves, Ayathollahs etc. are Intersessors with Allah" Wal Azoubillah.

Its like Christianity, on top of that many of the english speaking SHi3a people now say that Imam Hussien Died for the Sins of the Shi3a People when they mourn his death on Ashoura, Just like how the christians say about Jesus.

Thats why You will see Shi3a and Christians Very close friends and Allies when fighting against Muslims and Islam because both religions and beliefs are alike.

Read More about ABdullah Ibn Sabah the Jew from Yemen the one who Originated this Shi3a sect in the Islamic Information Section

Barak Allahu Feekoum

Status
Not open for further replies.