Is anyone here Shi'a?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannabanu

:salam2:

I ask if anyone here is Shi'a because I constantly see posts deriding Shi'a muslims, but I barely ever see anyone defending them. It bothers me SO MUCH that people are constantly bashing another group of MUSLIMS just because they have some differences. You all believe in Allah as the one true God and follow the same basic beliefs. Would it not be better to civilly discuss issues and try to understand each other rather than just ridicule another's beliefs?

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: I believe the majority of born muslims on this forum are Sunni and many of us reverts just call ourselves simply Muslim, following Qur'an and Sunnah closely so we do not go astray. I don't think that any Muslim can call another Muslim who says "La illaha ila Allah" a kufar as it is not for us to judge. Allah knows best.

However, if you are Shia, I do have some questions I would like to understand, and I do not mean to offend. Some questions may be misconceptions from me so forgive me in advance:

1) Do Shia perform five daily prayers as we do or do they combine some so that they only pray three times a day? If so, why is this?

2) Do Shia call on members of the Prophet's (pbuh) family in prayer as intercessors between us and Allah?

3) Do Shia visit saints graves or pray to saints?

4) Do Shia recite Al-Fatihah in the first two rakahs of each prayer as we do?

5) Why do Shia seem to dislike Abu Bakr, the Companion of the Prophet (pbuh) who our Prophet chose to lead the prayer for the congregation as he lay on his death bed? Was he not his most trusted companion?

6) While Aisha was a wife chosen for Prophet Mohammed by Allah for a specific purpose, why is it that it seems that some Shia seem to discredit her and her role in Islam, her hadith, etc., or is this a misconception and she is a respected member of the family of the Prophet?

7) Do all Shia really consider Ayatullah Khomeini (spelling?) a spiritual leader?

8) I notice that the Shia Muslims I have seen pray with their hands by their sides whereas most Sunni have they arms bent at the elbows, across the chest. What is the origin of this?

Sorry for so many questions, I have been invited to a Shia mosque in the States during Ramadan last year and they were very respectful of their Sunni guests. They had provided iftar at the mostly Sunni frequented mosque the week before and we returned the gesture and a group of us went and it was good for the community :)

However, if you visit some Shia frequented website, it seems that Sunni Muslims are not the only ones bashing other groups..... Having said that, two wrongs don't make a right.
If we do not deviate from Qur'an and Sunnah, we should not go wrong and Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

All Scholars of Islam were known to deriding such sects as Shia, Khawarij, Rafidha..etc, And this is what Sunni Muslims are doing. We Sunni muslims dont deride them because we hate them, We deride them because they go against Sharia of Allah SWT and his Prophet SAW.

They changed the way they shoud pray, They changed the Athan "call for prayer", They make Dua to Hussain or Ali instead of Allah, They pray to Graves sometimes...etc, These are just some of the things they did against Sharia of Islam and there's much much more, Most scholars of Shia sect made their own rulings and teachings.. If we sat silently and concured to what they do or believe in then Allah will be mad at us, And that we dont want.

This is why..

The truth must be told.. Sunni people are those who followed the message of Prophet Mohammad since the beginning, And followed his teachings step by step, in every detail, And made all the effort not to change anything.

Allah (SWT) says: Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'ân and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (31) Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)." But if they turn away, then Allâh does not like the disbelievers[] (32)[Surat Al-E-Imran 3]

Notice: (But if they turn away, then Allâh does not like the disbelievers)
So whoever choses not to follow the teachings of the prophet, Is considered a disbeliever.

sami2000

saalam alikum warahmato allah wabarakato
welcome brother and nice to see your post here ,i would like say that we are all muslims here loves each other no differnce between white or black sunni and shia ,we all love any muslim here .islam is reliegin of unity ,of peace ,not for parts , ithinks that there is no need to make that parts in islam ,(QURAN IS CLEAR AS SUN LIGHT AND TRUE SUNNAH IS CLEAR AS SUN LIGHT ,SO ALL MUSLIM MUST FOLLOW QURAN AND SUNNAH ).may allah show us the straight path ameeeen ,
my best regards to you
salam alikum
sami2000

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

It is nice idea, but unfortunately as they do not believe in the Hadith of the Prophet :saw: the arguments go on and on.

Talking to Shia rafidah is like asking their cousins, the Jewish Zionists why they steal Palestinian land.
we Muslims follow the Quran and the Sunnah . This is what Allah and His Prophet Muhammad :saw: instructed us to do.

Shia and other sects do not do that. The Shia take the Quran and they interpret Ayah from Quran using their own ideas and thinking. This is a major difference between Sunni and Shia. We take the ayah from Quran literally and we ONLY Explain it how the early Muslims understood the Quran. We do not use our own philosophies to do that. -- When Shia do that, this is how they allow themselves to have such devious beliefs, that enable them to do shirk and bid'ah and hold onto supersticions.

Shia do not believe in Sunnah. The Sunnah is Hadith. They have their own books written by strange Imams with all sorts of incorrect writing.

They do not worship Allah properly. Even if they pray 5x or do hajj it is meaningless due to their Shirk. They pray and ask help from their 12 Imams. They say that these 12 Imams can hear our prayers, even that they know things from the unseen. - This is clearly against the true beliefs of a Muslim. If you see them chanting Ya Ali Madad and praying to various Saints and Imams and doing Sajdah to graves.. and slapping their faces and legs cursing the greatest Muslims of Islam such as Abu Bakr, the closest man to the Prophet :saw: , then of course.. these Raafidah Shia are evil people.

They ridicule, dispise and lie against the Companions of the PRophet Muhammad :saw: .

They do Taqiyyah, lying, to cover up their hatred for many of the great Companions of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. They will say they believe in the Kalimah or in Allah and Prophet Muhammad :saw: and we are all Muslims. But, this is nonsense. If their beliefs go clearly against this, then they can not be Muslims.

They fool simple Muslims by saying they love the family of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: Rather, they do not care at all about the Prophet :saw:, because of their hatred of his companions and family. i.e. their sayings about Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan and even about Aisha (radhiyallahu anha) the wife of the Prophet :saw:
They do not respect or love the Prophet Muhammad :saw:, because they reject his sayings in the Sahih Hadith collections of Bukhari, Muslim etc
An example is how they cling onto their sick belief in temporary marriage. This is where a woman can be married for a matter of hours or days just for sex and then divorced. It is like prostitution and one of the cherished beliefs of the Shia.

It is something the Prophet :saw: forbid! Instead of accepting the hadith, they reject. They pick and choose.

Its meaningless to put discussions here of these sects. This is a general ISlamic information website, not a debating website. Here, we just put Islam simple, plain and easy.. whatever is in the Quran and Hadith with explanation of the early Muslims.

We love Allah, the Prophet Muhammad :saw: his family and companions --

Status
Not open for further replies.