FACEBOOK

yafash

Alhamdulillahi wassalatu wa salaam alaa rasulullah,

Asalam alaikum,

Please is there anything wrong with being on Facebook? My Relative abroad r inviting me to it. I f there is nothing wrong with it are there any brothers on it.

Please need an urgent reply.

Jazakallahu Khairan

Salaam,

I personally believe the cost outweights the benefits. People putting up their pictures, acting foolish. People have a tendency to stare at pictures. It's a waste of beneficial time & knowledge. There are even many employers that do background checks using Facebook/Myspace to find out about the "real" you. You don't want to ruin any potential employment.

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
salam u alaikom...

I have facebook, i depeds on the way u use it..
fx. i am in good muslim groups there...Fan of my mother, and the islamic represent Mustafa hosny, AND the group which says "sorry to the prophet muhammad saw".. and many others..
I don't have any pictures there...
I think it depends on the way u use it:)

But maybe i'm wrong too? if I am, please correct me?

:) wasalam

dianne

I have face book too,even br mabsoot also have it,as long as u dont use it to the wrong way.insyaallah

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Salaam sister,
Facebook is a social networking site which gives u a lot of privacy !
Its very safe to go in there.
Please handle it carefuly !

Salaam!

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Facebook is very different from myspace - on facebook, you have to approve who wants to be your friend, so you only need to have the people you want be your "friends". I click ignore on every person that requests that I do not know personally. That way, I know that only people I want to know can see what I post (which isn't much anyway!). Most of my "friends" are my past & present students! LOL!

Lana

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
yes bro facebook has both good and bad. i seen the pictures of lot of muslim ppl who i thought were good frm local. but i was shocked seeing this.

ahmed3711

also u can accept invitations of islamic groups or useful groups and send invitations to your friends so i think no problem of having facebook

hijabi786

From a previous facebook addict!

:salam2:everyone!

i think this is a very interesting topic! practically everyone is on facebook for the simple reason it is a good way of keeping in touch with your friends and family that live abroad.

There are plenty of islamic groups and forums also. I think facebook however can sometimes be abused such as when putting pictures up of oneself etc...personally i don't use it in this way.....

the downside i think is that it can become very very addictive, making you kinda unsociable....i suggest anyone that does join does so but keep within limits....

:hijabi:

mariamanas

Dear brother,assalomoualaikoum
in my opinion facebook or any other non islamic social networking sites is the most perilous weapon spreading in this century.It is having a detrimental effect on our society.If you are registered with any of these non islamic sites,it just means you are registered with shaytaan to waste your time and at the same time instigating you with fitnah. A very formal agreement.This is a very wise plot from shaytaan.Remember the day when Allah will ask you "what have you been doing with your time".Dont wait for the angel of death to reach your throat,when it would far far too late.do some zikr instead,if you really have time to kill.you will be astonished when your book of account wiill be read on that day.