It's a crow!

abuayesha

:salam2:

This is a story I read in a Tamil website. I tried my best to translate into English. If it should be modified with any appropriate word/words please let me know so that I can edit. Jaza akumullaahu khairan.
Wassalaam

It is a living room in a luxurious house. An elder about 80 years old seated on an easy chair beside a window. His old wife sitting near him was reciting the Al –Qur’an. Well educated and holding a very high position in a company, their son sitting on another chair was working on his laptop.

Suddenly, a crow came and sat on the window beside the old.

“What is this?” the old man asked.

The son raising his eyes from his laptop told “It’s a crow”.

A little time elapsed. The old man asked again. “What is this?”

“Now, I told you that it’s a crow” the son told him.

After a little while the old man asked again. “What is this?”

The son with anger replied. “It’s a crow! Crow!”

Some more time passed. For the fourth time the old man asked. “What is this?”

The son lost his temper. He shouted at his father. “Why are you asking same question again and again? How many time I answer you that it’s a crow. You don’t even understand this!”

As he became like child due to age, no any feeling could be seen on his face. His wife reciting the Qur’an beside him raised slowly and went into their room and came with a book.

The book was an old diary written by the old man. The father maintained this diary since his son’s birth. She opened a page and gave it to their son to read it!

It was written on that page as following:
“My small son while sitting with me a crow came and sat on the window. My son asked, “What is this?” He asked the same question 23 times and I answered him, “It’s a crow” twenty three times. Each time he asked the question I hugged him with passion and love. I did not get angry even a fraction of a second. Instead, affection towards him grew in my mind.”

Reading the passage the son choked. He could not bear his mistreatment to his father. He was so sorry. Even after posing the same question 23 times he did not get angry. How I develop such syndrome! He remembered the Ayath of Al-Qur’an:

وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلا تَعْبُدُوا إِلا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاهُمَا فَلا تَقُلْ لَهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلا كَرِيمًا (٢٣)وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَبِّي ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا (٢٤)

Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." (Al-Qur’an 17: 23-24)

وَوَصَّيْنَا الإِنْسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ إِحْسَانًا حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ كُرْهًا وَوَضَعَتْهُ كُرْهًا وَحَمْلُهُ وَفِصَالُهُ ثَلاثُونَ شَهْرًا حَتَّى إِذَا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ وَبَلَغَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي إِنِّي تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَإِنِّي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ (١٥)

We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says: "O my Lord! grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam." (Al-Qur’an 46:15)

esterelle

Wonderful

I really like this story, many people treat their elders badly and this teaches or should teach that the elderly shall be respected as they raised us with great patience and love.