IS THIS TRUE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

yameenahmed

Text of Dr. Zakir Naik’s “letter of repentance”
Submitted by admin on 16 November 2008 - 4:55pm.

* Indian Muslim

By Abdul Hameed, TwoCircles.net

Mumbai: Controversy regarding Dr. Zakir Naik’s statement that offended a section of Muslims and threatened to disrupt his ten-day Peace Conference was laid to rest by him signing a “letter of repentance” and offering apology for his remarks.

A copy of the letter made available to TwoCircles.net displays Dr. Zakir Naik’s signature in English. Text of the letter is in Urdu and is on plain paper. In it Dr. Naik says what he said was an unintentional slip of tongue and he takes back his words.

Dr. Naik, who is famous for inter-religious dialogues and Islamic preaching also said that he will never repeat those words again. The Peace Conference that started on 14th November will continue till 23rd November in Mumbai.

Full text of the letter:

"I gave a controversial statement that it is forbidden for us to follow Prophet Muhammad(saw). After listening to it I, a true Muslim who believes in Allah and the Prophet (saw), can never utter such a thing. And in the future also I will never repeat the same. Whatever I spoke was unintentionally due to the slip off of the tongue for which I seek forgiveness of Allah and take back my words.

Signed,
Zakir Naik,

12/11/08(1.35 pm)

Repentance of Dr. Zakir Naik. For those brothers & sisters who a
Submitted by D G Ahmed (not verified) on 17 November 2008 - 9:58am.

Only Allah Subhanahuta'la is the final authority to forgive any one & in this respect there are numerous verses in Holy Quran for seeking Allah's mercy in the way of Tawba. There lies the difference between socalled modern Mullahs like Dr. Zakir Naik & those great Awlias like Hazrat Khawja Moinuddin Chisty (Rh) who were devoting their life in praise & love of Allah Almighty & love for His Prophet (SWA). They never had any personal motive of gaining cheap popularity through publicity. Non Muslims in thousands turned to Islam being moved by their piety & selflessness, love for Allah, His prophet (SWA), simplicity of their life style and above all for their humanity. This is the reason they are remembered with reverence hundreds of years after their demise. Man like Dr. Zakir Naik because of their arrogance & proudness in mind Allah Subhanahutala give them lessons sometime-one such lesson Dr. Naik had to shoulder now. May Allah forgive him & shows the right path.

D G Ahmed
Dhaka, Bangladesh

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

it was most likely a slip of the tongue. this brother has been defending islam and studying islam all of his life. the majority of the people in the muslim world know him for doing such. i just don't see how this mere slip of the tongue caused so much outrage when his track record shows that he loves ALLAH SWT, his prophets, and islam.
:wasalam:

cmelbouzaidi

it was most likely a slip of the tongue. this brother has been defending islam and studying islam all of his life. the majority of the people in the muslim world know him for doing such. i just don't see how this mere slip of the tongue caused so much outrage when his track record shows that he loves ALLAH SWT, his prophets, and islam.

:salam2: i agree, this brother gave up his career as a surgeon to devote his whole life to dawah, may ALLAH reward him :)

he probably meant to say "we don't worship Mohammed, peace be upon him" and it came out wrong. for all the wonderful good this man does, i am not about to pick holes in him for a slip of the tongue. this is, if it is true at all :)

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

I have full respect to Dr. zakir naik and i love him.
May Allah forgive him and us.

He repent, Inshallah, Allah will convert his sin to hasanth.

Salam.

AAminAA

Amatullah

May Allah forgive our brother Naik, for this . He didn't mean that ! He is great schoolar who put so much on deen. He gave up on everything else and put Islam on first place. I'm sure this was not his intention.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
brother yameenahmed ,I think it will be better to post a source for this information ..
We should be careful in spreading rumors and make sure what we say is from trustable sources .I just cannot believe Dr.Zakir said that....well we all make mistakes .he is great speaker though...

waaleikum salam

yameenahmed

salam aleikum
brother yameenahmed ,I think it will be better to post a source for this information ..
We should be careful in spreading rumors and make sure what we say is from trustable sources .I just cannot believe Dr.Zakir said that....well we all make mistakes .he is great speaker though...

waaleikum salam

please login www.twocircles.net

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Submitted by admin on 16 November 2008 - 4:55pm.

* Indian Muslim

By Abdul Hameed, TwoCircles.net

Mumbai: Controversy regarding Dr. Zakir Naik’s statement that offended a section of Muslims and threatened to disrupt his ten-day Peace Conference was laid to rest by him signing a “letter of repentance” and offering apology for his remarks.

A copy of the letter made available to TwoCircles.net displays Dr. Zakir Naik’s signature in English. Text of the letter is in Urdu and is on plain paper. In it Dr. Naik says what he said was an unintentional slip of tongue and he takes back his words.

Dr. Naik, who is famous for inter-religious dialogues and Islamic preaching also said that he will never repeat those words again. The Peace Conference that started on 14th November will continue till 23rd November in Mumbai.

Full text of the letter:

"I gave a controversial statement that it is forbidden for us to follow Prophet Muhammad(saw). After listening to it I, a true Muslim who believes in Allah and the Prophet (saw), can never utter such a thing. And in the future also I will never repeat the same. Whatever I spoke was unintentionally due to the slip off of the tongue for which I seek forgiveness of Allah and take back my words.

Signed,
Zakir Naik,

12/11/08(1.35 pm)

Repentance of Dr. Zakir Naik. For those brothers & sisters who a
Submitted by D G Ahmed (not verified) on 17 November 2008 - 9:58am.

Only Allah Subhanahuta'la is the final authority to forgive any one & in this respect there are numerous verses in Holy Quran for seeking Allah's mercy in the way of Tawba. There lies the difference between socalled modern Mullahs like Dr. Zakir Naik & those great Awlias like Hazrat Khawja Moinuddin Chisty (Rh) who were devoting their life in praise & love of Allah Almighty & love for His Prophet (SWA). They never had any personal motive of gaining cheap popularity through publicity. Non Muslims in thousands turned to Islam being moved by their piety & selflessness, love for Allah, His prophet (SWA), simplicity of their life style and above all for their humanity. This is the reason they are remembered with reverence hundreds of years after their demise. Man like Dr. Zakir Naik because of their arrogance & proudness in mind Allah Subhanahutala give them lessons sometime-one such lesson Dr. Naik had to shoulder now. May Allah forgive him & shows the right path.

D G Ahmed
Dhaka, Bangladesh

I'm from India and I just called up someone who had listened to speech live on Friday i.e. 14th November 2008. i.e. on the first day of the Peace Conference.

And also who had attended his lecture in urdu on Saturday 15th November 2008.

According to him no such thing happened...

Let me give you some background of this issue. Zakir Naik had sometime back said that we shoud only ask Allah for help, not even Prophet Muhammad :saw:

This angered the Shias and the grave worshippers among the "Muslims" who threatened to boycott the Peace Conference and even went to a Minister.

To this Zakir Naik replied "I'm stand by my words" and "I'm not a coward".

Zakir Naik is human being and can make mistakes, but saying
that we shoud only ask Allah for help, not even Prophet Muhammad [/B]:saw:

is not a mistake according to Islam...In fact it is Tawheed which is the basis of Islaam.

Please donot spread false news without verifying it.

Here is the source of it http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46220

Below are telephone numbers of the "Peace Conference 2008", Interested folks can call them up and verify the news...

91-22-23736875
91-22-23736876
91-22-23736878
91-22-23736879
91-22-23736880
91-22-23736881
91-22-23736882

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
well havent heard it ,
and dont really belive it , till i see the full clip
this is the brother from whom i got the lesson about Importance of Quran and hadith
and that Obey Allah Obey the messenger and the answers to Quran only people .
and if it is so its pretty obvious to be a slip of tongue
and to accept your mistake is not easy ,,,needs lots of courage
and then again in the last few months he has already made alot of people against him ( i guess you got the idea whom im talking about ) ,
not leaving any stone unturned to find a reason to protest and get people away from him , and who have been making headlines , so i can guess a lil

misalat

:astag: i totally agree with your above points ... i had attended a lecture by Dr. Zakir Naik in Dubai once and listened to his audio tape ... :ma: he is a great schollar and if really something happend due to slip of the tongue we should not divulge in it so much or doubt about his faith ... May Allah forgive us all.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
We all make mistakes.

He is a good & intelligent brother.

if he only said that we should ask Allah (Glorified He may be) only then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM

I'm from India and I just called up someone who had listened to speech live on Friday i.e. 14th November 2008. i.e. on the first day of the Peace Conference.

And also who had attended his lecture in urdu on Saturday 15th November 2008.

According to him no such thing happened...

Let me give you some background of this issue. Zakir Naik had sometime back said that we shoud only ask Allah for help, not even Prophet Muhammad :saw:

This angered the Shias and the grave worshippers among the "Muslims" who threatened to boycott the Peace Conference and even went to a Minister.

To this Zakir Naik replied "I'm stand by my words" and "I'm not a coward".

Zakir Naik is human being and can make mistakes, but saying
that we shoud only ask Allah for help, not even Prophet Muhammad [/B]:saw:

is not a mistake according to Islam...In fact it is Tawheed which is the basis of Islaam.

Please donot spread false news without verifying it.

Here is the source of it http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46220

Below are telephone numbers of the "Peace Conference 2008", Interested folks can call them up and verify the news...

91-22-23736875
91-22-23736876
91-22-23736878
91-22-23736879
91-22-23736880
91-22-23736881
91-22-23736882

yes brother abu baseer is right. This was brought up by some *!*!*!*!e, sufi and barelwi molvis infact they gave a fatwa that watching Dr. Naik's lecture is haraam. I'd seen it live on ndtv india. You can visit ndtv and search, u might find article over there..

muslimah-2k8

i wonder if that news is true.....

or is it that some are intentionally trying to malign Dr. Zakir Naik...

because he always says in his lectures "Obey Allah and Obey the messenger"

one should verify the authenticity and be 100% sure before spreading any news....

yameenahmed

i wonder if that news is true.....

or is it that some are intentionally trying to malign Dr. Zakir Naik...

because he always says in his lectures "Obey Allah and Obey the messenger"

one should verify the authenticity and be 100% sure before spreading any news....

Brother the name of the thread is "IS THIS TRUE????"
I have no intention of spreading any false news brother just i got doubt and i asked if any thing has gone wrong then please for give me

Muzzamil

There was a meeting done between zakir bhai and Barelvi/shia by the Asst commisioner

We all know that zakir naik recently started to give talks in Urdu, and always and i mean always he says in the start of the talk that If i make a mistake in urdu please apologize me and concentrate on the main topic and what i am trying to convey.

So in the video zakir naik says "You only we worship and You only we ask for help"(Surah Fatiha) in urdu/hindi he said, "Teri Hi Ibadat karte hain Allah aur tujese Hi MAANG TE hain." and in explaining this he said, "Prophet(pbuh) ko MAANG na bhi allowed nahi hai"

But.. This "MAANG na" by slip of his tongue came out as "MAAN na" And the so called people caught him on that, if you listen to his lecture you will understand exactly what he was saying.. Even the Asst.commissioner of police explained them, But these people were very arrogant. So zakir naik apologized only for that, though he had already apologized in start of his lecture.

The so called group of people who objected,were cornered by zakir naik and the Shia dint even pick up the Yazeed issue. they dint have any other Proof against zakir naik and they became arrogant on that statement. So zakir bhai only applogized FOR THAT STATEMENT ONLY.So please dont put allegation on some1 and run away, proove it by Quran and authentic hadith.

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum

I have seen the video posted above. and I speak/understand the language that Dr. Naik gave the speech in. This is clearly a case of unintentional mistake on his part as he is not comfortable giving speeches in that language.

May Allah SWT give Dr. Naik the best in this world and the best in the hereafter. He is a man who has done a lot for Islamic awareness in the Indian subcontinent.

Assalamu Alaikum

daywalker

ye tm word .......grave worshippers aur shias ko tankeed ka nishana na banao.........warna kehno ko mai bohat kuch kah sakta hou...aur jo tm zakir sahib ko bohat chahtay ho na.... to in se poocho agar KARBALA political war thi to IMAM HUSSAIN(a.s) apne khandan ko kiu le kar gai thay....yaha tak ke masoom shahzada ALI ASGHAR(a.s) ko bi.......kia potitical wars mai gar wale le kar jaate hai........wo politics ke liye lakho ki fauj se larne ja rahe thay?????aur wo bi 72 logo ke sath???????? common sense istemal karo.........is ka jawab zaroor dena...........

Go to school first, learn english and Islam, then type here.

Status
Not open for further replies.