Something that SHOCKED ME COMPLETELY

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:,
I start with the name of Allah (swt) the most graceful and merciful,
Before I start I would like to remind everyone that I dont want to offend anyone,
Yesterday I was watching Jimmy Swaggart VS Sheik Ahmad Deedat discussion and near the end there were two things that Swaggart said that completely utterly shocked me.
let me start with the 1st one.
Mr. Swaggart was asked this question: Where does in Old Testament it says Jesus is god?
Mr. Swaggart really proudly comes to stage and without any hesitations says this from the old testmant:
Isa 7:14 - "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel."
and then he goes on to say Immanuel means "god [is] with us".
After his answer people went crazy with claps, and i was sitting there in shocked :eek: thinking didn't the people listen to him, he didn't say anything about Jesus being god, he just said Jesus will be a child who will be born of a women (Maryam (r.a)) how is that saying he is god???

2nd one: Mr. Swaggart was asked: What is trinity please explain?
his answer was like " Christian believe in one god", and he goes on and explain trinity is god, Our lord Jesus christ and holy ghost, he basically says those 3 are gods :astag: (naozubiallah) and he says they are in perfect harmony with each other and other stuff. And at this point too people clapped like crazy and i was send in shock again.... He just said WE BELIEVE IN ONE god, then he totally contradicted himself and explain 3 gods that christians believe him, LOL i was like did people not listen to him again properly.

After reading that it reminded me of the verse of Quran:
Sura 2: verse 18:
Deaf, dumb and blind; and they return not. (18)

Wallahi it felt like those people were DEAF, the person is disapproving himself and people are BLINDLY clapping and seriously if someone neutra was just listenning to the conversation he/she would surely say they are DUMB.
This small thing proved to me how Quran told us things that we dont normally think about, and it made me happy to know I noticed that and was able to connect to it what Allah (swt) said, and prove one of the verse of QURAN. :SMILY149:

Sorry if this was really long but i really felt like sharing.
Everyone try to remember me in ur prayers :tti_sister:
:salam2:

AAminAA

Amatullah

First i want to remind you, mentionig those "gods" don't put a capital letter G, it belongs only to Allah s.w.t.

" Christian believe in one God", and he goes on and explain trinity is God, Our lord Jesus christ and holy ghost, he basically says those 3 are Gods

Yeah right, it's same like if one person drives 3 cars .... possible ?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

First i want to remind you, mentionig those "gods" don't put a capital letter G, it belongs only to Allah s.w.t.
Yeah right, it's same like if one person drives 3 cars .... possible ?
Thank u brother for reminding i changed it ... i just put capital cuz i was a noun :)
May ALlah bless us all and thank u for reading :)

Mixedup

Hi sister

they can flower it up as much as they like but fortunate are we that we know the truth.
When a christian child is christened they actually say "in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit" They actually refer to god as the father!!! whats that about?
Also the lords prayer starts "our father".
After years of been raised as a Christian and seeing so many flaws I dont listen. Loads of these so called preachers just preach rubbish to earn cash!!!!

a_stranger

still straying from the right path.

5:77 Say: "O followers of the Gospel! Do not overstep the bounds [of truth] in your religious beliefs; and do not follow the errant views of people who have gone astray aforetime, and have led many [others] astray, and are still straying from the right path."

Translation of the meanings of Quran

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Hi sister

they can flower it up as much as they like but fortunate are we that we know the truth.
When a christian child is christened they actually say "in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit" They actually refer to god as the father!!! whats that about?
Also the lords prayer starts "our father".
After years of been raised as a Christian and seeing so many flaws I dont listen. Loads of these so called preachers just preach rubbish to earn cash!!!!

brother yes exactly that kinda shocked me how can ALLAH (swt) our creator be father, like father mother son daughter those r all human terms ... there r bacteria that have no father or mother they divide to create more of them ... didn't God create them then where is the mother father son in them, and brother mixedup, one of my friend questioned me whats wrong with refering God as the father, i tried to explain but she wants it in non-islamic terms so since you were a convert you probably have more knowledge about Islam and Christinity how would you explain it to another christian?
thank you
may Allah (swt) bless us with jannah

Mixedup

Salaam

I am a sister !!!! lol soooo funny

I am flattered by you thinking I would have knowledge and am sooo sad to dissapoint!!!
My partner explained it to me like this and I understood what he meant so maybe it will work for you.
He explained that Christians sort off see god as a man (man was created in the image of god) as per the bible. He said how can god be a man??? ALLAH(swt) is all seeing and all knowing he is far more superior to man and is more like an entity that you can not imagine. So anyway because christians see god as a man they put the assumption that he can father children(Jesus)who was a man in the physical sense.
Boy I waffle!!!! Basically they call him father because they beleive he is Jesus's father so you need to explain he was in fact a prophet and not the son of god.

Does that help???? lol probably not
Sister Jo

ps ALLAH(swt) deserves respect for what he is. It would be an insult to compare him to man

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam

I am a sister !!!! lol soooo funny

I am flattered by you thinking I would have knowledge and am sooo sad to dissapoint!!!
My partner explained it to me like this and I understood what he meant so maybe it will work for you.
He explained that Christians sort off see god as a man (man was created in the image of god) as per the bible. He said how can god be a man??? ALLAH(swt) is all seeing and all knowing he is far more superior to man and is more like an entity that you can not imagine. So anyway because christians see god as a man they put the assumption that he can father children(Jesus)who was a man in the physical sense.
Boy I waffle!!!! Basically they call him father because they beleive he is Jesus's father so you need to explain he was in fact a prophet and not the son of god.

Does that help???? lol probably not
Sister Jo

ps ALLAH(swt) deserves respect for what he is. It would be an insult to compare him to man
thank you sister im am so sorry to assume that :p well on this post someone assumed im sister too althought im a brother lol :)
well thank u very much it made sense
may Allah (swt) bless us all with his mercy
Thank You

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

one thing that really made me think that the concept of the trinity as polytheism; is when i listen to christian prayer. they'll start off saying father, then mention the holy spirit, and then say " god we pray this in jesus' name. "

so i began to think, if we're asking the father and the holy spirit for something and we're asking for it in jesus' name, that must mean jesus is not god.

it isn't uncommon to hear one christian say that jesus is god and another christian say that he is the son of god. the bible says that jesus would sit at the right hand of the father and the holy spirit would be on the other side. so if each have their own throne, ho can they be the same person? this is where they became misguided. i believe that at one time they properly believed, but once the roman, greek, and egyptian paganism entered into it, it became a religion prone to shirk.
:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

one thing that really made me think that the concept of the trinity as polytheism; is when i listen to christian prayer. they'll start off saying father, then mention the holy spirit, and then say " god we pray this in jesus' name. "

so i began to think, if we're asking the father and the holy spirit for something and we're asking for it in jesus' name, that must mean jesus is not god.

it isn't uncommon to hear one christian say that jesus is god and another christian say that he is the son of god. the bible says that jesus would sit at the right hand of the father and the holy spirit would be on the other side. so if each have their own throne, ho can they be the same person? this is where they became misguided. i believe that at one time they properly believed, but once the roman, greek, and egyptian paganism entered into it, it became a religion prone to shirk.
:wasalam:
:salam2:,
I would second what you just said brother, Christianity was a true religion when Isa (Jesus) P.B.U.H brought it through god but due to all the corruptions it got corrupt and i am surprise to see what the current believe in christianity sometimes.
Again thank u for reading my post, and sharing ur thoughts
may Allah (swt) bless us all with Jannah.