What made you convert (main reason)?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
I start with the name of Allah most graceful and merciful
brothers and sisters I am really interested in seeing Islam from the view of a newly convert, people that converted could you tell in short form what was the main point/concept that helped you convert?
Thank You

Isra

aka Tree2008
Salamo Alaikome........

I havent yet done Shahada formally but I am sure that I will. I will revert to Islam because of one reason only..............the Holy Quran and the way it makes me feel when I read it. I am positive I am reading the word of Allah and that our Prophet Muhammed (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) is the final messenger of that word. That being said the Holy Quran is proof enough to me that Islam is the true and only religion to follow. I am already Muslim in my heart and soul. :tti_sister:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Salamo Alaikome........

I havent yet done Shahada formally but I am sure that I will. I will revert to Islam because of one reason only..............the Holy Quran and the way it makes me feel when I read it. I am positive I am reading the word of Allah and that our Prophet Muhammed (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) is the final messenger of that word. That being said the Holy Quran is proof enough to me that Islam is the true and only religion to follow. I am already Muslim in my heart and soul. :tti_sister:

SubhanAllah...You are the luckiest person in this universe...

Though I was born in a muslim family but I think every one of us has to make a concious or unconcious decision at some stage of our life that what you want to be....and mine is the same reason...QUR'AN

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
The main reason for me when is started thinking about Islam ,was realizing that Jesus ,peace be upon him ,could not be a God ,and that he was a Prophet of God .
Realizing that completely opened my eyes.
And of course Monotheism ,worshiping Allah alone .
That there is one Quran and it never been changed
and somethingelse that made me love Islam even more is that every person is equal in front of Allah ,no matter ,color,or race ,or status ...

How simple and how beautiful...

waaleikum salam

labagel

I just had an overwhelming feeling of "This is it!" when I started reading about Islam.

I was raised Christian, and once I started thinking for myself instead of blindly following it, I realized there were a lot of things that didn't make sense. But Islam made complete sense to me :blackhijab:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

the concept of tawheed ( the oneness of ALLAH SWT ). there can be no mistake in worshipping one God. jews are named after the tribe of judah. christians follow christ. buddhists follow buddha. but we muslims follow a concept of obedience. islam, from aslama, means submission. not a submission that was through giving up due to to fighting; but rather it is a submission that is done willfully and obediently. we submit to God and God alone. we muslims, in worshipping one God make no mistakes. but when you believe in jesus for example, you make room for error to worship the wrong game. the same goes with worshipping buddha etc, you can be placing worship on the wrong person. but when you worship ALLAH and ALLAH alone there are no mistakes. no one can question, noble acts like paying zakat. no one can deny that fasting is universally seen as a pious act. no one can question that spending several days in remembrance of God is a good thing. no one can say that taking time out several times a day to pray is wrong. and no one can say that there isn't anything wrong with boldly professing your faith.

other religions can do these things too. the big difference is that we muslims do it to please the creator, but the others do it to please those that have been created. alhamdulillah, if i haven't been blessed with anything in my life, i can at least say that i have been blessed by being a muslim. it isn't always easy, there are prohibitions that my desires didn't wish were haram, but nonetheless islam is the truth and i have to be prepared to submit.
:wasalam:

yameenahmed

Salamo Alaikome........

great brother may allah guide all mankind to the straight path brother i really felt great:salah:

almira

i was lost feeling sad at 19teen then i started to read up about islam on the net and mashaAllaah al7amdulillah i feel so found so good so needed inside i feel like someone i feel like yes im ready to do what ever this deen tells me to do because to me at that time life was nothing so i didnt really care at the time what i did . so al7amdulilah i started to learn about islam and then dress cover up and a few weeks after i became a muslim.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum,
Mashallah so many great stories so much knowledge so much experience in the eyes of the people that converted brings me great joy to see so much strength in the imaan of the people that converted Mashallah may Allah bless us all.
ALso, I think this post is really great for people like tree2008, who are starting to understand Islam, it will help them know Islam better and understand it from the point of view which they are at.
aslam o alikum -- and jazallah khair

Mixedup

Salaam,

My main reason was because I loved Muslim communities and their dedication to one another. After years of seeing Islam in practice I realised what a wonderful thing Muslims had and that Islam was the true religion.

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Hooray for Islam!

I came to Islam because of the airtight logic of this deen. As a very logical and science minded person I've always held the idea that if there is a perfect religion then it must be able to answer all of the so called unanswerable questions with ease. Alhamdulillahi I studied Islam and have yet to find a single part of it that runs counter to logic.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam,

My main reason was because I loved Muslim communities and their dedication to one another. After years of seeing Islam in practice I realised what a wonderful thing Muslims had and that Islam was the true religion.
:salam2:,
I start with the name of Allah (swt) the most graceful and merciful, may he shower us with his mercy

I would like to welcome you to the muslim community :) and I feel really accepted too when everyone calls u a brother or sister and prays for you everytime they answer, and everyone is so polite.