A CATHOLIC NUN:BAD EXPERINCE BUT BEATIFUL END

salehaislam

:tti_sister:A CATHOLIC NUN: BAD EXPERIENCE BUT BEAUTIFUL END
By: Sister Saleha (formerly Sally)
I was brought up in devoted Catholic family and raised with Catholic values and traditions. At fifteen, I entered the monastery. While inside the monastery, I was happy because I can perform my duties as a nun and the people around me including my family were also pleased with me.

Until such time when I began to ask myself every night;"What am I doing here inside the monastery?" I stayed in our small and humble chapel and started to ask god if he is really listening to me, because i have learned in our cathechism that god is present in the blessed sacrament

Many question were lingering my mid. Doubts were cropping up particularly concerning the reality of Jesus Christ. However, I did not gave the courage to ask the priest nor my co-nuns who were with me that time. I was so afraid that they might take it against me.

So i let all doubts linger. I even allowed myself to profess my first temporary vows. I kept renewing it every year for TEN YEARS! Until such time i could not take it anymore; my pertual vows of chastity and poverty; professing the Jesus Christ is my go; and that he is lord and son of God.

I started to pray harder, asking God for guidance and to show me the right path.

If i will leave the monastery, it would bring great pain to my mother! My father actually did mind if i leave the church and have my own family.

But I do not want to hurt my family particularly my mother, my two brothers who are both priest, my four sisters who happen to be all nuns!

Above all I do not want to be a hypocrite and pretend that i am happy practicing something which is against my under lying principle.

So I did not submit my application letter of perpetual profession. I talked to my superior general, informing her that I am leaving the monastery.

Without informing my family, I left to find a work to survive. After awhile I met a close friend of mine who is a priest and offered me to work with him in his church in Marawi City, as a parish coordinator.

Incidentally, my family heard the news that i left the church and it was very hard for them to accept the fact. But they were hoping that one day, I might come bask to serve the church.

While working as parish coordinator, the priest who hired me was not treating me so well.
He did not even pay me salary and he tried to sexually abuse me. But alhamdulillah, he was not successful with his evil intentions.

Again I started to pray asking God to be with me and to make me happy, because I have never been at peace with my life. My heart and mind were miserable.

A NEW DAY

On June 17, 2001, early morning, I heard a beautiful sound but I did not understand what it was. I thought it was coming from the mosque nearby. As soon as I heard the sound, I felt like I was dipped in refreshing water. I cannot explain the feeling.

That day I felt happiness entering my heart, though, I did not understand what I heard. So after hearing this amazing sound, I said to myself these few words; there is a new day, there is new beginning."

I woke u p that morning asking what the sound was and they told me it was call for prayers of the muslims. Strange! I came to this city(Marawi) on the first week of May 2001 but i can hardly hear the sound until one morning of June 2001.

That day I decided to find out about Islam and the Muslims. I started to research through reading books until I finally left my work. I went back to my family in Pampanga and found out that my father had already passed away.

I was depressed for a while but i did not stop to discover Islam. So i went back to Manila hoping to find someone to explain to me about Islam. In my heart, I was ready to embrace Islam but I did not know how!

I did not give up, I search on internet. I went to the extent of joining chatting rooms, hoping to find a Muslim who can enlighten me about Islam.

On June 16, 2004, I met the brother in Manila. He started to explain about Islam. On the day, I declared;

la ilaha illalah muhammadur rasulullah wa 'isa ibnu maryam abdullahi wa rasuli(There is no god worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the messenger and that Jesus son of Mary, is a slave and messenger of Allah.)

That fateful day, I finally found a new home, the home of Islam. A home where you can find love, happiness and joy. Now I can smile. A smile that comes from my heart. On that day, I slept very well.

Every time I pray, I cry, not tears of sorrow, but tears of joy. A joy which money cannot buy. It is indescribable

Now I remember when I had a conversation with my grandfather who is a Catholic priest( my mother's uncle) He said; "If you want to change your religion, go back to Islam!"
Allahu Akbar!

May Allah (swt) open the hearts of my family to the light of Islam, and may he protect us from shaytan. Ameen.

O brothers and sisters! Include me in your prayers

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

warda A

Sister
:tti_sister:A CATHOLIC NUN: BAD EXPERIENCE BUT BEAUTIFUL END
By: Sister Saleha (formerly Sally)
I was brought up in devoted Catholic family and raised with Catholic values and traditions. At fifteen, I entered the monastery. While inside the monastery, I was happy because I can perform my duties as a nun and the people around me including my family were also pleased with me.

Until such time when I began to ask myself every night;"What am I doing here inside the monastery?" I stayed in our small and humble chapel and started to ask god if he is really listening to me, because i have learned in our cathechism that god is present in the blessed sacrament

Many question were lingering my mid. Doubts were cropping up particularly concerning the reality of Jesus Christ. However, I did not gave the courage to ask the priest nor my co-nuns who were with me that time. I was so afraid that they might take it against me.

So i let all doubts linger. I even allowed myself to profess my first temporary vows. I kept renewing it every year for TEN YEARS! Until such time i could not take it anymore; my pertual vows of chastity and poverty; professing the Jesus Christ is my go; and that he is lord and son of God.

I started to pray harder, asking God for guidance and to show me the right path.

If i will leave the monastery, it would bring great pain to my mother! My father actually did mind if i leave the church and have my own family.

But I do not want to hurt my family particularly my mother, my two brothers who are both priest, my four sisters who happen to be all nuns!

Above all I do not want to be a hypocrite and pretend that i am happy practicing something which is against my under lying principle.

So I did not submit my application letter of perpetual profession. I talked to my superior general, informing her that I am leaving the monastery.

Without informing my family, I left to find a work to survive. After awhile I met a close friend of mine who is a priest and offered me to work with him in his church in Marawi City, as a parish coordinator.

Incidentally, my family heard the news that i left the church and it was very hard for them to accept the fact. But they were hoping that one day, I might come bask to serve the church.

While working as parish coordinator, the priest who hired me was not treating me so well.
He did not even pay me salary and he tried to sexually abuse me. But alhamdulillah, he was not successful with his evil intentions.

Again I started to pray asking God to be with me and to make me happy, because I have never been at peace with my life. My heart and mind were miserable.

A NEW DAY

On June 17, 2001, early morning, I heard a beautiful sound but I did not understand what it was. I thought it was coming from the mosque nearby. As soon as I heard the sound, I felt like I was dipped in refreshing water. I cannot explain the feeling.

That day I felt happiness entering my heart, though, I did not understand what I heard. So after hearing this amazing sound, I said to myself these few words; there is a new day, there is new beginning."

I woke u p that morning asking what the sound was and they told me it was call for prayers of the muslims. Strange! I came to this city(Marawi) on the first week of May 2001 but i can hardly hear the sound until one morning of June 2001.

That day I decided to find out about Islam and the Muslims. I started to research through reading books until I finally left my work. I went back to my family in Pampanga and found out that my father had already passed away.

I was depressed for a while but i did not stop to discover Islam. So i went back to Manila hoping to find someone to explain to me about Islam. In my heart, I was ready to embrace Islam but I did not know how!

I did not give up, I search on internet. I went to the extent of joining chatting rooms, hoping to find a Muslim who can enlighten me about Islam.

On June 16, 2004, I met the brother in Manila. He started to explain about Islam. On the day, I declared;

la ilaha illalah muhammadur rasulullah wa 'isa ibnu maryam abdullahi wa rasuli(There is no god worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the messenger and that Jesus son of Mary, is a slave and messenger of Allah.)

That fateful day, I finally found a new home, the home of Islam. A home where you can find love, happiness and joy. Now I can smile. A smile that comes from my heart. On that day, I slept very well.

Every time I pray, I cry, not tears of sorrow, but tears of joy. A joy which money cannot buy. It is indescribable

Now I remember when I had a conversation with my grandfather who is a Catholic priest( my mother's uncle) He said; "If you want to change your religion, go back to Islam!"
Allahu Akbar!

May Allah (swt) open the hearts of my family to the light of Islam, and may he protect us from shaytan. Ameen.

O brothers and sisters! Include me in your prayers

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

:salam2:

:ma::ma:
what a beautiful story
May Allah Ta'ala always keep us in the straight path, Ameen
:tti_sister:

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Assalamualaikum wrb!

Welcome to Islam! I've always been interested to know reverts story about finding Islam. Thank you for sharing masyaAllah!

meer suhail

ILM seeker
walykum salam warehmatullahi wabarakatu

Allah u Akbar

Masha' Allah
congrats sis ,and welcome to the family of islam
May Allah protect you and bless you ,
hope to hear from you often ,
your brother
Suhail

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2: sister,

MashaAllah very beautiful story ...Many many congratulations...Allah is the Most Beneficent and Merciful...He guides towards the Light of His guidance whoever He wishes to...MashAllah you are one the fortunate ones.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to hear from you very often.

Walaikum Salam,

khansahil

asalamalikum

:ma: sister it is just dat wen i read abut a muslim revert my imaan changes cuz those who r reverted n who r born muslims are really diffrent cuz only those who r reverted knows how beautifull da islam is jaza kallah khair thanks for sharein such a wonderfull story n allah(swt) guide us to this straight path till we die n wen we die shahada kalma is on our lips ameen!!!

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: :ma: a very beautiful story. Jazak Allahu Khair and thank you, sister, for sharing this deeply moving and inspirational story with your family here on TTI :)

looking forward to getting to know in the discussions on the forum:)

Your sister in Islam,
catherine iman
:wasalam:

muthmainnah

Subhanallah....Allahu Akbar
The best thing in people's life is when Allah guides him/her to Islam...Masha Allah
welcome sister...!

muna

ابنة الاسلام
Asalamu 3alaikum

WELCOME TO ISLAM SiS

MashaAllah sis,im proud of you.."May ALlah SW bless/protect you n show your family the beauty of ISLAM"

BigAk

:salam2:

A beautiful story indeed... Whomever Allah guides, no one can missguide... and whomever he leaves astray, no on can lead him/her to the straight path.... Subhan Allah.. Congratulations sister on finding the true path... May Allah bless you and keep you on His Sirat al mustaqueem.

Toya23

AMAZING

That was a wonderful/inspirational story. I hope that one day I can give myself the way you have. SO BEAUTIFUL

salehaislam

asalam alikum

my dear bros and sister in islam

my heart is full of gratfullness in accepting as one your family iam sorry that only now that i reply to all of you

last dec 8 when i was about to go home to be with my kids at around 8pm

i was stab by a unknown man... it was a nearly death alhamdulillah ALLAh give me another change to live...now iam suffering becouse of my wounds 9 stab wounds and nobody can tell that when they brought me to the hospital iam alive doctors said iam dead but mind iam asking ALLAH to give me another change to live.slowly iam recovering but my lungs is damage thers is blood cloth in my left lung.my family in ISLAM iam experiencing hardships now.but my faith keeps me alive for my kids....my oldest is 2 years old and my youngest is only 11 months
include me always in your prayers,,iam divorce with my husband iam the only one working fot my kids

iam accepting all this as test of my faith.

asalam alikum,

saleha

muthmainnah

Innalillahi wa innailaihi rajiuun.....masha Allah sister. We are very sad to hear that....
WHO DID THIS, anyway? have you reported this to the police?
Please be sabr (patience) sister, this is a trial.
we are here to make dua (pray) for you....do not feel alone, Allah is with you...He will help you..Insha Allah...
May Allah strengthen your iman (faith) and help you...

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
MashAllah..mashAllah. This is almost same story from our brother form southern state of India (Tamil Nadu)...he's learned Hindu from highest caste. He never heard our call for prayers before (that's what he said) until the day he visited a friend house. He went to the masjid and asked people the meaning of this call for prayers (it was fajr prayer that time) and soon after he embraced Islam. SubhanAllah.

salehaislam

salam

alhamdulillah

my dear bro and sisters

i continoustly hoping praying and hoping for all the goodness of ALLAH.
i know in my heart i have to expiriences all this to strengthen my faith
pray for me and for my kids and for all the muslims in the whole world

saleha