Questions

Toya23

Hello Everyone!!
I am new to this website as well as anything to do with Islam or the Muslim Religion. I started studying and educating myself on Islam and the Muslim Religion about 2 weeks ago. I have read a few short introductory books and I have begun to read the Qur'an. While reading I have a lot of questions that I don't think I will be able to answer myself, so I thought this site would be my best resource. Since I have so many questions I think I am going to ask 2 at a time so I can get a complete understanding.
I know I really don't have to make this comment but I will just in case. If you could also reference something from the Qur'an to answer my questions that would be great. However, I know some questions that I ask might not have direct quotes from the Qur'an. Some could be based on experiences or opinions.
ok here I go

1) What is Taufiq?
2) (I heard this from someone) The Bible and the Qur'an have the same prophets but their names are different in English and Arabic. In the bible these prophets were adulterers, drunkards etc. I was told that in the Qur'an the focus of these prophets were not on the negative things they did but the positive. Does that mean that the prophets didn't commit these sinful acts and the Bible is lying or they did and I'm just misunderstanding?
I know the 2nd question might seem weird but when the person was explaining it to me I got confused
Thank you and I will be looking forward to your responses.

etoile_de_mer

Assalaamu Alaykum wr wb brother
1.Tawfeeq means divine guidance or help
2. Bible is the not the real gospel of Jesus , it was modified & tampered by humans.. they lied about these Noble Prophets (may Peace be upon them all). Stick to the Qur'an cos Qur'an has not been modified...it is in its original form.

AKHI

Allahuakhbar
Question 2.

Hello & peace be upon you.

All thanks and praise due to Allah (GOD) and peace and blessing upon his messenger.

First of all let me welcome you to this site & hope you will gain the correct knowledge about Islam.

I'm not very knowledgeable in the study of Quran and would not be able to quote you any Surah(Chapter) of Quran or Hadthees(records of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). I will however quote from one of Ahmad Deedat debate.

This is a reply to Question number 2.

Quran is god words which was reveal by his last messenger by means of verbal revelation. The prophet friends(sahabat) records/writes down each revelation and Quran was compile after the prophet death. The Quran has always in it original form. Free from temper from any human.

The bible is a compilation of various gospel. These gospel are from Jesus apostle which are claim that the holy ghost/spirit inspire them to write these revelation. These revelation are not from Jesus but from the words of John the founder of Roman Catholic. John was not around during Jesus times. Also, there are different version of the bible which have contradictions and it has suited to blend into this modern times unlike the Quran which has never been change by any man or group.

I will stop here as I would not want to offence any Christian visitors in this site. Hope this respond will trigger you to search deeply into the truth of both the Quran & the Bible. Please take note that Jesus (Isa A.S) is one of our great prophet before our final prophet Muhammad(PBUH).

Thanks You
Syed

Achmat_Samsodien

:salam2:
Dear Brother

To further answer your question about the Prophets.
In Islam all the prophets are considered to be infallible, it is one of the qualities of being a prophet. They had to lead by example and thus could not commit any sin. A case where people think muslims are contradictory is the story of the prophet Adam (PBUH). Note that the Prophet Adam (Aadam in islam) only became a prophet after him and his wife Huawa (Eve) were expelled from Jannah

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Welcome to the forum

Its nice to have you with us. As it appears that both your questions have been answered so we wait for the next ones :). Keep writing.

Toya23

Thank you..next question

First I would like to say thank you to everyone that responded to my post. I have a better understanding to both of the questions. My next questions are...

1) In the Qur'an Allah says that you should fear no one but him. I was wondering what kind of fear he is talking about. For example, If you are walking down the street at night and a very intimidating man is following you. Is he saying not to fear that man becuase Allah is with you or is that not the fear he is talking about. Is the fear hes talking about in relation to, people fearing things of the world, or fearing another God, like you should only fear Allah and what he can do to you?
2) Allah says that he is a forgiving and merciful God, and if I remember correctly he said the only thing he can't forgive is worshipping another God. If this is true does that mean he forgives for everything else. i.e killing, stealing if you ask him for forgiveness and you are sincere? Or have I not read far enough in the Qur'an to get this answer? (im still in the first Surrah, I hope i spelt that correctly and I also hope its called a Surrah)

Thank you and I hope to hear from you all soon

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
welocme to Islam May Allah make this jornay as easy for you as possible InshAllah.

i would recommend you do some more reading! there are fantasic books and websites out there just keep looking and a brill website is http://www.islamreligion.com/ it has live help so you can have one to one chat with a imaan or schooler.

so please do your reserch and may Allah bless you and your family!

x

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
First I would like to say thank you to everyone that responded to my post. I have a better understanding to both of the questions. My next questions are...

1) In the Qur'an Allah says that you should fear no one but him. I was wondering what kind of fear he is talking about. For example, If you are walking down the street at night and a very intimidating man is following you. Is he saying not to fear that man becuase Allah is with you or is that not the fear he is talking about. Is the fear hes talking about in relation to, people fearing things of the world, or fearing another God, like you should only fear Allah and what he can do to you?
2) Allah says that he is a forgiving and merciful God, and if I remember correctly he said the only thing he can't forgive is worshipping another God. If this is true does that mean he forgives for everything else. i.e killing, stealing if you ask him for forgiveness and you are sincere? Or have I not read far enough in the Qur'an to get this answer? (im still in the first Surrah, I hope i spelt that correctly and I also hope its called a Surrah)

Thank you and I hope to hear from you all soon

Salaam,
The fear he is talking about is like when you’re about to commit a sin, fear him, don’t do it, stop what you’re doing. He is your god don’t fear very intimidating man, It’s not a correct answer its one that I interpreted from the Quran, that I believe to be true.

2) There are different levels of sin, drinking alcohol, sex. I assume he can forgive little ones like lying, as long as you ask for forgiveness, but something like sex out of marriage he won’t forgive as easily. Understand?

This is my interpretation of it

Hope it helped.

If this is wrong brothers and sisters please do correct me

Salaams

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Some of the major sins in islam:

Although the major sins are many, close to seventy according to Ibn 'Abbas (RA), the following hadeeth highlights the seriousness of such sins:

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Avoid the seven things that doom a person to Hell." They said, "O Messenger of Allah, what are they?" He said, "Associating others with Allah (shirk); witchcraft (sihr); killing a soul whom Allah has forbidden to kill, except for a lawful reason; consuming riba; consuming the property of orphans; fleeing from the battlefield; and slandering chaste and innocent believing women." [Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2615; Muslim, 89]

Ruling on a believer who commit sins

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
i was nearly right, see what 5 years of pure islamic research gets you hardly no where i still have a lot to learn and inshallah we both do.

Toya23

ok!!!

thank you so much everyone.
Ok I have a to to learn as the other person had said ad I am ok with that. I think I realized what is going to be my problem. Im reading things and my focus is every where. my next question is
where does someone like me start? If I want to learn about Muslims, Islam and the Qur'an, where do I begin?
I have so many websites, books I can buy, vidoes I can watch, people I can talk to etc. WHat would be the best route?
Thank you

Islam is Peace

:salam2:
They had to lead by example and thus could not commit any sin. A case where people think muslims are contradictory is the story of the prophet Adam (PBUH). Note that the Prophet Adam (Aadam in islam) only became a prophet after him and his wife Huawa (Eve) were expelled from Jannah

correct me if im wrong, but the Prophets (May peace and blessings be on them all) did make mistakes, of course they were an example but they were also human and thus, feel into some minor mistakes.

Surah 80-

(The Prophet) frowned and turned away,
AAabasa watawalla

80:2 Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).
An jaahu al-aAAma

80:3 But what could tell thee but that perchance he might grow (in spiritual understanding)?-
Wama yudreeka laAAallahu yazzakka

Islam is Peace

Ok I have a to to learn as the other person had said ad I am ok with that. I think I realized what is going to be my problem. Im reading things and my focus is every where. my next question is
where does someone like me start? If I want to learn about Muslims, Islam and the Qur'an, where do I begin?
I have so many websites, books I can buy, vidoes I can watch, people I can talk to etc. WHat would be the best route?
Thank you

Welcome to the site brother

I think it would be easier to read some beginner books, becuase many times videos and websites expand much more and it may become confusing. Starting with the basics is best.
Allah knows best. I would also suggesting, contacting a practicing Muslim brother, i think he can possibly answer many Questions and give you moral support InshAllah--If Allah wills.
keep up the questions brother, knowledge is power =)

iqzero

Thank you

dear toya,

In the islamic history movies in this website you can find a movie called 'the message" and other videos.
please look here for further movies and reading materials.
http://www.kalamullah.com/non-muslims.html

hope it helps inshaallah.

may allah guide you the straight path ameen