Non-believer's arguments

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
:bismillah:
What are some of the Christian arguments (or any other religion/atheistic) against Islam/for their religion (or just for Atheism) that you usually hear? It's my hope that this thread will help us answer the non-believers.

I've heard this one a lot: "The Bible is true because it says it's true".

One girl in my school tries "proving" Islam "false" because Christianity didn't agree.

I've heard many easily answerable misconceptions about Islam, also.

What are some arguments that you've heard? Please share your answers with us, also.
:wasalam:

BrotherZak

:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
:bismillah:
What are some of the Christian arguments (or any other religion/atheistic) against Islam/for their religion (or just for Atheism) that you usually hear? It's my hope that this thread will help us answer the non-believers.

I've heard this one a lot: "The Bible is true because it says it's true".

One girl in my school tries "proving" Islam "false" because Christianity didn't agree.

I've heard many easily answerable misconceptions about Islam, also.

What are some arguments that you've heard? Please share your answers with us, also.

They range on a scale of apologetical---to----the ignorant.

Islam i believe after doing my research for over five years has answers to ever imaginable objection and is able to refute any objection with reason and logic surpassing the fields of only theology.

The list are fast. Orientalist of old have already established the forum of questions centuries back and now, christians in general are taught about Islam according to the criticism that have been established by missionaries.

I cannot list them...but most of them seem ridicolous...like muslim worship a stone(kaba) or Prophet Mohammed wrote the quran(ummi(illerate)) or prophet mohammed stole ideas or islam is a religion of violence.

Generally most of their attacks do not deal with theological concept but rather on the actions of muslims.....and to be honest the quran itself answeres all their criticisms of islam.

Ayep

My non-Muslim friends used to bring this matter up during conversations with me. By the way my friends are in the late 20s to early 30s range.

A Catholic friend who could not explain his religion said " I'm not very religious" person or use the excuse some people are more religious than others. I guess it is a good answer to deflect answering something he does'nt
practice or really believe in.

Another Catholic used to say that it was impossible to pray without focusing
at an idol.- Years later this same friend reverted to Islam and he told me later that he knew something was wrong with idol worship in Catholism(contradicts what the bible says) in the first place.

Another friend who is freethinker(whatever things that provides him with money he believes in it) attacks straight by questioning how come Muslim can marry four wives to point out something is wrong about it.-this person asked me once to touch his betting number for good luck because I pray alot: of course I did'nt do it!

This same friend ask me why he saw other Muslims eat pork and place bets or gamble-I'm not really sure he was sincere in his questioning but I'm very sure he is testing me most of the time. ("From the devil who whispers in the heart of mankind. Of jinn and mankind"-Al-Annas). I guess he is the human kind.

Another freethinker reasons that Muslims are backward.-This person don't even know Iraq used to be Persia.

What I can conclude to this kind of questioning is this basically, arrogance, ignorance, insincerity and narrow-mindedness from these people. If I suspect someone is insincere I will usually ask them back a question about their religion and they usually stop all those harsh questioning.

Hey this kind of scenarios will present itself eventually so I guess we better come prepared.:SMILY346:

Allah knows best

Solemn_G

As-salaamu alaikum

I have seen some pretty lame arguements given out of sheer ignorance. For example, they would criticize the way Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) acted in battle calling him a murderer. Because what? He fought back in self defense against people who wanted to see him dead? Because he ruled by the Holy Scriptures and even imposed punishments in the Torah that Jews had abandoned because they felt that too many of their aristocrats and wealthy people were committing these sins? Because he always fulfilled his word and fought strong to defend the religion of God? I've studied the life of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to a fair extent and know for a fact that everything he did was juste and good, yet you can't get that through the head of a disbeleiver who thinks everything that doesn't agree with their religion is "EVIL".

Also, it seems like Christians in this day and age like to insult the Prophet(pbuh) by calling him a pedophile for marrying Aishah. Astifirallah, this is a travesty. Petty slandering. My gosh, in my home country people are married by the age of 12 to people of various ages. Are they going to call my people pedophiles too? Its like these people have their own idea of what is right and wrong in their minds and they think that anyone who doesn't fall into their category of being "right" is therefore "wrong".

Petty insults out of ignorance and blindness is all I see from these people and when you call them to the One God, they will do their best to avoid you. I've even seen Muslims debate with them from the Bible giving more then enough evidence for them to contemplate and they will still say "no" and go about misinterpreting the words of Isa(pbuh).

May Allah guide these people aright if he deems the worthy, if not, then their hearts shall remain hardened until the Day of Judgement when all debts are paid in full.

Salaam

Laksemi

:salam2:

Hi! How are you all doing? I am a new comer here and at first glance I knew I like this forum. Anyway, I remembered the time my tutor out of the blue brought up the subject of why Islam is at fault. I had to argue with her for the whole tutoring session just because she said, "Christian is the first religion in this world and Islam is derived from Christian." "and yet Islam is the purest form of religion" I argued back. And she kept on repeating the same thing again and again. I think she felt ratherly challenged because she managed to asked the other girls at the tutoring session to not wear Hijab as she said it diminishes the true beauty. Which was sadly argreed by those girls who foolishly believes that beauty is when u show ur hair with different kind of fashion and by potraying ur bodies to others. :astag: But Alhamdullillah, I remain on my feet and my standing. I continued her as my tutor but whenever she start rambling all this I told her at least in Islam we don't force other people the way she does so that we could conform to other's liking. Walwahualambissawap. :hijabi:

SpangledStarz

Astagfirullah

There cant be a god because you cant see him!
If there was a god, he would want me to have fun in my life!

Sis Starz

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

It’s called justification and Humans have an uncanny ability to try to justify things even when they know that it’s wrong…

Ignore religion for a minute (for the sake of argument)…

People who smoke justify their habits (knowing well that they are wrong)
People who use drugs justify their habits (knowing well that they are wrong)
People with eating disorders justify their habits (knowing well that they are wrong)
People involved in domestic violence/cheating on their spouses justify their habits (knowing well that they are wrong)

In my experience a lot of these Christians come out with stuff when they know that they are wrong as you can see it in either body language!

Why do must people justify things?

1) This is a complex area but in my humble opinion that because they are not ready to accept that they are wrong!
2) They are pushed into a corner so come out fighting

The challenge in Dawah is to arouse curiosity in a person and NOT to push them into a corner…If you watch Muslim-Christian dialogues (Dr Zakir Naik etc.) you can see that the Christians are humiliated, pushed into a corner so they come out with silly things like “I have heard that a man in Zambia drank Poison in the name of Christ and Lord saved him”

Please note that I am absolutely neither disagreeing with these dialogues nor criticism Da’ees like Dr Zakir Naik (as it is above and beyond by knowledge, experience)…I am simply trying to elaborate on the problem because in my mind it is more important to first understand a problem.

Jazakullah Khairun