ways to expand this forum

BrotherZak

salam alakum

I was thinking for awhile on how to make this thead grow even faster than it is now. Here is a couple of practical ways to make this thread grow:

1. Merge with other small muslim forums as opposed to large one(ummah.net), because this in theory help the smaller communities grow into one large ummah, instead of having all these clusters of smaller communities.

2. Use an email method of sending chain letters or any form of letter sending, perhaps this way the word will get out soon. Emails are the quickest way to get ideas across....well aside from youtube :)

3. Individually try to tell your sisters and brothers about this forum. Tell them about the intentions/purposes of this thread.

4. Since youtube has won the person of the year on time why not use this tool to create a slideshow or a representive to invite sincere muslim to sign up to this page.

So far i've come up with these ideas. Please add to this list and then lets forward it to the admin.

Remember this thread is changing many people lives who do not have access to islamic information...and besides i love meeting sincere muslim brothers/sisters.

Walakum salam and take care.

acedoc

Bigger does NOT equal better

salam alakum

I was thinking for awhile on how to make this thead grow even faster than it is now. Here is a couple of practical ways to make this thread grow:

1. Merge with other small muslim forums as opposed to large one(ummah.net), because this in theory help the smaller communities grow into one large ummah, instead of having all these clusters of smaller communities.

2. Use an email method of sending chain letters or any form of letter sending, perhaps this way the word will get out soon. Emails are the quickest way to get ideas across....well aside from youtube :)

3. Individually try to tell your sisters and brothers about this forum. Tell them about the intentions/purposes of this thread.

4. Since youtube has won the person of the year on time why not use this tool to create a slideshow or a representive to invite sincere muslim to sign up to this page.

So far i've come up with these ideas. Please add to this list and then lets forward it to the admin.

Remember this thread is changing many people lives who do not have access to islamic information...and besides i love meeting sincere muslim brothers/sisters.

Walakum salam and take care.

Brotehr Zak,

Walaikum salm wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

I think you are sincere in your opinons but with all due respect I could not disagree with you any more. Please try to see the other side of the coin. I had, just today, documented my experince with another muslim forum (see thread Turn to Islam)... I think by merging the Administrator/moderator of TTi will lose control of the content and I am afriad TTI may go to the same way of fitnah as others have already done so. They (not TTI Alhamdulilah so far) have grown so much that the sheer number of posts is unmanageable. When we have everybody (and their grandmother) giving their opnion on Islamic issues that can become.... real ugly...... real fast.

Remember the number does NOT hold strength in Islam. The people of Jannah (Paradise) will be very few comapred to the masses in hell-fire. May Allah make us amongst the few but the succesful ones. Ameen.

I would urge brother Mabsoot and others against merging or even expanding too rapidly.

May Allah protect us all. ameen.

Just my two cents here.

was salamu alikum wa rahmatullah

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

Not much time on me hands here, but I am quite sure that this is not a good idea. I am sure you want unity and that your intentions are very good, but truly, if we were to attempt what you had suggested, things may go out of control.
salam alakum

Merging with other communities... bit riskey no? We on TTI have our own value system based on Quran and Sunnah. Do you think that these 'small communities' will appriciate it when we say that something they are promoting is Bidah? I am sure that there are good communities, however there are also others that are not so correct in their beliefs. It is hard enough moderating this website, but Alhamdulillah that there are lots of good people thus far. I shudder to think what should occur if we merged... what would the other Administrators do? Would they give up what they created... i.e. thier website? In order to merge? Is it even possible? I don't think so... on both emotional and intellectual levels.

as much as i love this forum, I do not want it interfering any more than it already does... lol (I am supposed to be STUDYING!!) So therefore, no, I wouldn't go with this either. Plus... who would go to all that trouble?

this I think is a good idea.

USE YOUTUBE??? Ok, for videos this is fine... but have you realized the type of people who are continuesly posting junk on that place. We want this place clear and clean, inshallah. Not everyone should join TTI, truth of the matter. If you want to learn, have clear heart and intention, then welcome... otherwise SHOVE OFF!!! :D

Me to brother... but we can't gauge sincerity, if we could then perhaps some of this would be possible.... plus the fact that making something is so easy, but maintaining and keeping it in order is not.

Getting a pet is easy, taking care of it is not.
Ability, and responsibility... two different things.

PLus we are all sketchy on time!! Learning is good, but go out there you all, read Quran, Hadith from a BOOK (yes this word exists)... computers kill eyes after a while.... Rays u know?? lol..... bye everyone.... i got work to do.... like NOW!!
:D :D

Wassalam.

BrotherZak

Salam alakum.

Okay after reviewing your replies i must admit, that this method of expanding is a bit hasty and can lead to disaster at worst. However we don't have to shun growth as a cause of fitnah or as if we grow too large more bad will come. Granted i would rather have this core(members) begin to grow more rapidly bringing the truth and the brotherhood of islam to others who are totally oblivious as opposed to having a tight knit community who are innocently oblivious to the concerns of others .We cannot stay dormant in our caves of steel(foundation series freak :) ) but i think truly if we begin to expand more quicker and obviously more cautious, as you reminded then only good and rahma will come.

Merging has its good and its bad. We should only try to contact and meet the admins of other small communities who are similar to us in intention/purpose, and after reviewing the consequences then merge. As i said merging with larger groups who are distinctly different in mentality will inevitably lead to fitnah....but here we have forum which is soo sincere and friendly (IMO quite possibly the best forum on the net), why then do we have to limit its influence of good because of our fears of fitnah which in theory can be limited by administrative powers? The benefits our plenty if we merge with multiple smaller communities: more and lively discussion. More sincere brothers/sisters...and so on. Indeed its become more complicated to govern and control content of a forum undergoing any form of growth, however, one whois based on quran and sunnah's has benefits which we cannot comprehend.

Youtube i agree should be scrapped as said above...may allah bless you.

Growth is not bad. Rapid growth is bad. Controll and monitored Rapid growth is good and beneficial.

Salam

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam,

An increase in the number of members is definitely a good thing. A good way could be:

5. Advertise the website (just like the videos on google video are doing - example: "Please refer to turntoislam.com when passing around the video") outside the internet world. By that, I mean, you could buy a blank white shirt, print off a "www.turntoislam.com" and iron it on to the shirt, and just wear the t-shirt around in public.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Salam,

An increase in the number of members is definitely a good thing. A good way could be:

5. Advertise the website (just like the videos on google video are doing - example: "Please refer to turntoislam.com when passing around the video") outside the internet world. By that, I mean, you could buy a blank white shirt, print off a "www.turntoislam.com" and iron it on to the shirt, and just wear the t-shirt around in public.

:salam2:

Lol..... hahaaha... i'm sorry. I just found this to be kind of funny. lol... encouragement to our members to wear a TTI shirt...

funny but it's got flaws. I mean who knows who would see that shirt? Who would respond in the manner we all deem acceptable? I mean really... I suppose some ppl might be encouraged to ask about TTi and what it is and what not, but to counteract this there could be a lot of bad ppl as well.

PLus... devoid of alll that... it'd be hard 4 us sisters to be walk around ads (jokin)

Not required.... not nessessary... whomever Allah guides to this website and is guided, All Praise is Due to Allah, and whoever Allah doesn't bring to this website, or they don't get anything from it... again is what was already written down.

Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic...

SO if u wanna.... sure go ahead!!!

:wasalam:

Ayep

I'm sure the suggestions BroZak are good points, however I firmly believe TTI stays to its main focus- helping new reverts or non-Muslims to clear misconceptions on Islam.

I've visited other forums and what I see is ordinary people arguing, cursing and debating on the finer details of Hadith or Mathhab etc...by the way these people are not scholars and it causes more confusion and not clear them. Show-offs are not we want here.

TTI should keep it clean and simple as possible to be very effective in spreading the message of Islam to everyone. I already seen some guys debating over small issues here so lets keep things in check.

Its not about what you wear on the outside, it is what we gain inside ouselves and become better Muslims that really counts. Everything in moderation please and not extravagance.

Many thanks to the moderators and admin for keeping TTI a well run and effective site for knowledge. May Allah bless you all for your many tireless contributions-Amin.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

We do not need to expand. This website is busier then ALL the other Forums. Perhaps not so many people post, but a lot of people come to read.

However, it does not matter at all how big the website is or if it is expanding. Our intention is for Allah (SWT) and for him alone. As long as one or two people benefit and it helps them, then this is enough alhamdulillah.

Quality above Quantity please. Remember quality = Quran and Sunnah

Take care all,

Wasalam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Wa alaykum Salam,

We do not need to expand. This website is busier then ALL the other Forums. Perhaps not so many people post, but a lot of people come to read.

However, it does not matter at all how big the website is or if it is expanding. Our intention is for Allah (SWT) and for him alone. As long as one or two people benefit and it helps them, then this is enough alhamdulillah.

Quality above Quantity please. Remember quality = Quran and Sunnah

Take care all,

Wasalam

:ma: akhi,well said I have to agree its not the quantity its the quality.:SMILY286:

:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Through the Grace of Allah Subhan Wa Ta'ala this website has grown and is still growing Alhamdulillah....maybe we as a community can help with the website as it grows even more by contributing a little amount to help for the sake of Allah....

Al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Saheeh: “Chapter: every good deed is a charity” then he narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every good deed is a charity.”

wasalam

acedoc

Excellent Idea!!!

Asalaamu Alaykum

Through the Grace of Allah Subhan Wa Ta'ala this website has grown and is still growing Alhamdulillah....maybe we as a community can help with the website as it grows even more by contributing a little amount to help for the sake of Allah....
wasalam

You said, "contributing a little amount to help for the sake of Allah""

It is an excellent Idea sister. May Allah reward you. I thin k we should create a small fund to go towards defraying cost of operations such as server, broadband, etc.
No one should be obligated to pay... but we all contibute in accordance to what Allah has provided us, insha Allah. What do bros/sis think?

may Allah reward you for a wonderful idea for a wonderful cause.

Laksemi

Hi! I hope the administration won't mind that I link this website to my multiply so that my friends there can also click it and look at the site and who knows Insya Allah if Allah let it be they will have the heart to come and join this prestigious community forum. I just joined it today and I am loving every minute in staying in here and reading the intellectual articles posted. Alhamdulillah. :hearts:

Globalpeace

Banned
Quality!

Asslamo Allaikum,

From what I have seen on many forums...TTI is fine the way it is...

There are subjects on other forums like:

"List the discrepencies in the Qur'aan"

People using logic, philosophy etc. to prove things in the Deen…

No Sir! Give me Qur’aan and Sunnah any-day all-day & twice on a Friday!