Seeking advice: new revert considering returning to Christianity

rajab1407

Asalamu alaykum all,
This probably isn't the best introduction to the forum, but I was feeling a bit lost and thought the best way to get advice would be frompeople I don't necessarily know....I have actually read a lot of threads from this forum over the past year or two and have come to appreciate the advice from the members so here is a thank you too.
Well anyway, here goes. I have been having a lot of doubts in the past two months or so about leaving Islam and it has almost been destroying me. I am a recent convert, of about two years, and in my heart of hearts I know Islam is the best religion. To everyone around me I probably seem like that 'crazy convert'...hijab, only halal food, avoiding music, trying to encourage people to pray, avoiding haraam tv etc. but sometimes I feel like I am only fooling myself. I also find it hard to stay with the deen when every other muslim at my university it just feels like is mocking me sometimes for being conservative (the muslims at my university are rather liberal which doesn't bother me, but the converse seems to bother them!) I would give you more of my background but I am very worried about the off-chance someone I know could recognize me! But I come from a very conservative immigrant background, where Christianity is the way.
I guess what has been bothering me is not theology, or even practicing because I LOVE Islam but it's just been getting to me how hard everything has been. Reading some of the threads here I know I probably have it good, myfamily hasn't shunned me and I haven't been hurt financially or anything of the sort, but just that sometimes I feel like I have no haven, no support really. All the muslims I know are born muslims and I just feel...sad. There really isn't anything fun I can do and to tell you the truth I just feel BORED & very alone as a Muslim. I just feel I *don't* want to give up my own culture and everything would be easier if I just pretended to be born again. I could still do salat, I wouldn't have to drink, I could keep my modesty(without hijab, but with more modest other clothes), and I would have a support within my own culture, marriage would be very easy, my whole family would be ecstatic, I wouldn't be discriminated against by born muslims, I wouldn't have lonely holidays, I could celebrate christmas with all my family and I could be the happy go lucky girl I want to be. But the problemis that I believe with my heart and soul there is no God but God and being Christian would be a lie to myself.
I just don't know what to do....it's like this epic struggle within my heart and sometimes I just think "Oh Allah, why do you pay so much attention to this your one slave when everyone else is allowed to do what they like without fear or worry?" Sometimes I wish I could return to my heedless state and then I feel even more guilty for being ungrateful. I try to remind myself of the painful times of the early Muslims but....it just doesn't work for me!
Ok! That is all...I hope you have a good evening and I pray that Allah swt blesses all of you...
If anyone has advice I would appreciate it. Sorry for this long complaint, I hope inshallah my heart gets resolved soon in any case.
Masalaam,
your sister in islam (maybe the quiet one in your masjid who doesn't come to jumu'ah anymore! or the one who suddenly becomes quiet when you discuss eid plans, or the one whose smile seems a bit sadder these days...)

a_stranger

Allaah says in the Quran

And most of mankind will not believe even if you desire it eagerly. (Quran 12:103)

Allaah also says,

But most of mankind refuses [the truth and accepts nothing] but disbelief. (Quran 17:89)

In yet another verse, Allaah states,

Indeed, We have brought the Truth to you but most of them have a hatred for the Truth. (Quran 43:78)

The Prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam said "Islam began as something strange and it will revert to how it began as something strange. So glad tidings of Paradise to the strangers"
The people asked, "Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah?" He answered, "Those who are pious and righteous when the people have become evil."

This glad tiding for the strangers should make us all wish, strive and aspire to be from among the strangers in this time in which Islam has truly become strange again.

Sister be proud the owner of the whole being is with you.

shichemlydia

reply....

salam alikoum sister,
first may allah swt rescue you from this horrible nightmare. leaving islam is something horrible, you should feel shy just to think about it. when somene leaves islam to other religion, he is in fact leaving to the hellfire.
in the quran, i guess you have read, "verily the religion of allah swt is islam....."
"whoever takes a religion other than islam, it will not be accepted from him, and in the hearafter he will be among those who are the loosers...."

i know, and i agree with you that living in a non muslim society is difficult, but you should think about the unlasting life in the paradise or the hellfire, this life is nothing but few hours or days, and that is all.
if you are honest enough, just ask allah swt to find you an issue from this trouble, and allah swt the most mercifull will do inchae allah.
keep always in your mind that you are undergoing a test in this life, and it is not supposed to be easy and leisure time.
please take time and have a look on the link bellow; i just feel proud of this female muslimah, she is stronger than men. read please.
http://www.famousmuslims.com/Aminah Assilmi.htm
wa salam alikoum

yusuf_pal

Islam is the Way

:salam2:

Dear sister, stick to your faith....
You are indeed blessed to find the truth and follow it. InshaAllah you will overcome this test.

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah) never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good). - (Qur’an 3:85)

Surely the only Deen (true religion and the Right Way of life) in the sight of
Allah is Al-Islam. Those to whom the Book was given did not adopt ways different than this except out of envy among themselves, and after the true knowledge had come to them. They should know that Allah is swift in calling to account those who deny His revelations. - (Qur'an 3:19)

the muslims at my university are rather liberal which doesn't bother me, but the converse seems to bother them!

My advice to you is 'let ignorant muslims not bother you'. You know that you are on the right track. This is a time to be patient and not go astray.

I could keep my modesty(without hijab, but with more modest other clothes)

Don't remove your hijab, even if somebody pays you a million dollars. ALLAH will surely reward you for obeying his commandments.

Contemplate on this verse of The Holy Qur'an -

Keep yourself content with those who call on their Rabb morning and evening seeking His good pleasure; and let not your eyes turn away from them desiring the attraction of Worldly Life; nor obey the one whose heart We have permitted to neglect Our remembrance, who follows his own desires and goes to extremes in the conduct of his affairs. (Qur'an 18 :28)

If you need any advice, my pm box has a lot of space.

So verily with every difficulty there is relief:
Verily with every difficulty there is relief. (Qur'an 94 : 5-6)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum sister,

Welcome to the site.

I have to say, i am sadden by what you are going through .

Islam has said that life in this world is like a prison to the believers. Do you really want to go back to your old life where you can celebrate christmas and enjoy way too much( islam does not prohibit enjoyment but prohibit if you enjoy way too much).

Actually you should be proud by what you are going through. I want to remind you of this verse ." Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? (2) Lo! We tested those who were before them. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who feign.( Surah Al Ankaboot verse 2-3)" . Allah will test a person according to his or her eeman. The test gets tougher as your eeman increases. With the test you are going through , means your eeman is high( inshAllah).

I thank Allah for guiding you to this site.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wabarkatuhu Dear Sister,

Jazak Allah Khair for sharing your dilemma with us. I pray to Allah May HE give you strength and courage. May He increase your eman and make straight path easy for you and for all of us. May He create opportunities and environment for you so that you can practice this religion.

I don't how to start with my response. My heart is broken and I am extremely sad after reading reading the sentence that "you are thinking to go back to Chiristianity".

Once Rasool Allah (SAW) heard about a boy who was on his death bed. Rasool Allah was walking very quickly so that he could reach to him before he dies. He wanted him to say Shahadah before he dies so that his soul may not burn into hell fire. (I wrote this out my memory ...that's why do not remmember exact translation and reference). That young boy was on his death bed and was of no use to Muslim society but Prophet of Allah would walk towards him in hurry so that he could be saved from fire.

This is understandable that it would be harder to practice religion in the environment which you described. But also remember sister that Allah also tests the believers. Sister This life is very limited....70 years, 80 years or perhaps longer than that. Hereafter is UNLIMITED....Sister can we compare 70-80 years of life with eternity????? You do not feel comfortable in your sorrounding, so you are thinking to go back so that you can no longer face these problems....WHAT ABOUT THE COMFORT OF THAT ETERNAL LIFE SISTER?????? where will you go then? Today you know that Islam is the only true religion. You know that Islam is only acceptable way of life in the sight of Allah. Do you think that Allah will accept your "REASONS" of going back. There will be one to one conversation between you and Allah on the day of Resurrection.

How would you have belief in the oneness of Allah in Christianity. Would you be able to live life without having belief that Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasslam is the last Prophet of Allah. How would you you live without this beliefe?

Sister I have a statement written on the wall of my room in Urdu language which can be loosly translated as "The Biggest Misfortune that could ever happen to any person is going back to ignorance after the light of Truth and Guidance has been given to him/her"

May Allah help you to be firm in your belief and actions. I will insha Allah pray for you.

Jazak Allah.

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Life is a Fitnah!

Life is a Fitnah! (Test)

Also remember Shaytan took a Promise with Allah he will Surely Misguide All Humanity except the sincere ones.

Also secluding oneself to being alone just drops the defences of a Muslim, and makes a person vulnerable for attack by Shaytan.

The lone sheep is devoured by the wolf

Allah tests the believers in different ways, And remeber after every hardship there is ease. This is a promise from Allah. just have patience sister. Allah tests those whome he loves.

(as Understood From Soorah Al-'Ankaboot)
Shaykh Saalih ibn 'Abdil-'Azeez Aalish-Shaykh
From a recorded lecture [1]

[ In the Name of Allaah, the All-Merciful, may His Salaah and Salaam be upon His final Messenger to all mankind, and upon his companions and family members, and all those who follow his path until the Day of Judgement, to proceed: ]

The central theme of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot, as some of the scholars have mentioned, is fitnah (trials and tribulations). Fitnah is mentioned right from the very beginning of the soorah where Allaah says [2]:

( Alif - Laam - Meem. Do people then think they will be left alone upon saying, "We believe in Allaah," and they will not be faced with fitnah? And verily we put those who came before them to trials, so that Allaah would make known those who have been truthful, and so that Allaah would make known the liars. )

So fitnah is mentioned specifically in the beginning of the soorah.

So what kind of fitnah are people tried with? A man may be put to trial due to his intellect, or by the dunyaa. He may be tried by his parents or by his family. He may be put to fitnah by way of a long lifespan. His fitnah may be that he faces no hardships at all in life! So the reality is that a man may be tested by a variety of trials, all of them are mentioned here in this soorah.

So in this soorah, Soorah Al-'Ankaboot, Allaah mentions the varieties of trials and the foundations that they are built upon. He also mentions how a man may be saved from these kinds of trials.

That is because this worldly life, in reality, is merely a test and a trial. The Prophet :saw: said, as 'Iyyaadh ibn Himaar narrated, and it has been collected by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh:

"Allaah, Most High, has said, 'Yaa Muhammad! Verily I have only sent you to put you to trials and to put others to trial by way of you.'" [3]

So life, in reality, is just a fitnah. And this fitnah - is it by way of evil things or good things? It is by way of evil and good things alike! (Allaah says) [4]:

( And We shall test you with trials of evil and good, and to Us you will return)

Look to what Allaah mentions in the beginning of this soorah:

( Do people then think…)

Who is included in the word ( people )? It includes both the believer and the disbeliever. It includes both the old and young. It includes all categories of people as they interact with all other categories.

Do people then think they will be left alone upon saying, "We believe in Allaah," and they will not be faced with fitnah?

You say you are a believer, so when can your faith be considered true eemaan? That is when trials have been placed in front of you, and you have passed them successfully upon Allaah's Order.

You might even be tried by your own self! There are people who are put to fitnah because of their beauty and good qualities. A woman may be tested by her own possessions, and a man may also be tested by his own wealth. One may be tested by his parents as well. So you will find in this soorah mention of all these kinds of fitnah, their origins, and solutions to them.

The Fitnah of Disbelieving Parents

Take this example: In the first part of the soorah, Allaah says [5]:

And we have commanded the people to be good to their parents. But if they strive to make you join partners with Me, those that you have no knowledge of, then do not obey them! To Me is your return.

Note here that some parents cause fitnah and strive to make a servant commit shirk. Isn't this a fitnah? Indeed it is a tremendous fitnah!

The scholars of Tafseer have mentioned that this verse was revealed about the events involving Sa'd ibn Abee Waqqaas, when his mother tried to turn him back to disbelief. Even with this kind of situation, Allaah ordered him to bear the company of his parents with kindness, but no to obey them. He said [5]:

''But if they strive to make you join partners with Me, those that you have no knowledge of, then do not obey them! To Me is your return and I will inform you of what you used to do.''

And He said in the beginning of the verse:

''And we have commanded the people to be good to their parents''

This is a tremendous fitnah! So then what is the way out of it?

The answer is, with the proper understanding of Allaah's Legislation, that you do not obey them when they command you with kufr, shirk, or disobedience to Allaah, however you still bear their company with kindness.

There are some people who are tried by this fitnah, and they accompany their parents, not in kindness, but with harshness, and have thus fallen into the prohibition to some degree. The one who can be patient with such a difficult affair, bearing their companionship with kindness and not obeying them (when they order him with disobedience to Allaah), is the one who is successful in dealing with fitnah in such a case.

The Fitnah of Being in the Minority

Another kind of fitnah is when a person sees a great number of people disbelieving in Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic. They do not believe, and so along comes a man and feels that he and the people of faith are very few, and that the disbelievers, the hypocrites, criminals, or disobedient ones are the majority. How can he keep straight himself, how? This is a kind of fitnah that attacks the heart.

Very few of the people in this kind of situation stay firm. Most of them look to the people - the majority are into evil, so they fall into it. In this soorah, there is mention of this issue, along with the solution! So read the soorah and contemplate over that. [6]

The Fitnah of Seeing the Enjoyment of the Disbelievers

Another kind of fitnah that is mentioned in this soorah is that a man sees the enemies of Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) living long, secure lives. He sees that they live long lives on earth, enjoying their strength and oppressing others, and they are the enemies of Allaah, polytheists!

This may lead him to start following the pleasures of the dunyaa, and join them in preventing others from the path of Allaah. (Allaah says) [7]:

''The life of this dunyaa is made beautiful to those who have disbelieved. They have mocked the people who believed, but the people who have taqwaa will be above them on the Day of Judgement.'

That was from Soorah Al-Baqarah. In this soorah, Soorah Al-'Ankaboot, Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic mentions the story of Nooh ('alayhis-salaam) in only two verses. What is the relationship of this story to the them of the soorah, which is fitnah?

Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, says [8]:

''And verily we sent Nooh to his people, and stayed amongst them (calling them to Allaah) for all of 1000 years, save 50. Then the great flood overtook them while they were oppressive. So we saved him and those on his boat, and we made it a sign for all the creation.''

The story of Nooh (Noah) is found here in only two verses? What is the reason for that? This entire time, 950 years, he was inviting them, while the believers were very few, as is understood from another soorah [9]:

''And no one believed along with him, except very few''

Some of the scholars explained that the number of believers had only reached 13 individuals. Others said that seventy-some men and women had believed.

He stayed amongst them a thousand years while shirk was the predominant practice, the worshipping of idols: Wadd, Suwaa', Yaghooth, Ya'ooq, and Nasr. [10] And he was advising them and inviting them day and night, secretly and openly, and no one responded except this small number. Wouldn't the hearts be facing a fitnah?

Indeed this was a fitnah. It was not just 10, 20, or 50 years, or even 100 years. 200 years went by, 300, 400, 500, to a complete 1000 years, save 50. Then finally came the way out from Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic.

Therefore, a man may be put to trial by seeing the long lives of the enemies. So this soorah causes the true believer to take heed and realize that this is for a reason. (Allaah says) [11]:

''So that Allaah would make known those who have been truthful, and so that Allaah would make known the liars.''

When will this be made known? When the fitnah is encountered, and it is dealt with successfully. So the theme of the soorah, as we are noting, is fitnah, even with the story of the Prophet (Nooh). The lesson here is fitnah, and what will save you from the fitnah that lasts for a long time.

Some people mistakenly think that Allaah's affair will reach him however they want. No, rather the wisdom of Allaah is all-encompassing. He will test people, as He tested Nooh ('alayhis-salaam) and his people, as they lived amongst their people (calling them to Allaah) for 950 years, and after that only a small group of people responded.

So one way to succeed in the face of trials is mentioned here in the soorah, and that is by way of patience. (Allaah says) [12]:

''So we saved him and those on his boat, and we made it a sign for all the creation''

The Fitnah of Argumentation

Then we see in the story of Ibraaheem another kind of fitnah - opponents who argue and fight against the invitation, they do not submit, rather they only plot and plan. Certain things from the dunyaa that they love are made very dear to them, as Allaah says [13]:

And he (Ibraaheem) said, "You have taken idols as objects of worship instead of Allaah, loving them. But this love is only for the dunyaa, as on the Day of Judgement you shall disown each other…"

So in argumentation there is a kind of fitnah. Few people have patience upon the Truth, remaining upon it, without becoming affected by this kind of fitnah, the doubts that the polytheists and disbelievers may instill in one's mind. These doubtful thoughts become renewed with the passing of time.

The Fitnah of Passions and Desires

After this, Allaah mentions the story of Loot ('alayhis-salaam). In it is mention of the fitnah of the desires of men that go against man's very nature. This, along with a number of other passions and their outward promotion of them, they claimed that there was no harm in them. They would refute anyone who prohibited them from their actions.

He (Loot) prohibited them, and said, "You are practicing all kinds of evil in your gatherings!" But all they said to him was, "Bring us Allaah's Punishment if you are indeed truthful!" [14]

It was great fitnah for Loot that his wife from his own house had given into their evil and became like them, encouraging the men to have intercourse with the men who came to their land, and the likes. (Allaah says) [15]:

''So we saved him and his family, except his wife, as she was from those who stayed behind''

So then the desires are a form of fitnah. How can one escape his desires and passions? He escapes them by recognizing that they are a source of fitnah.

Allaah intended for the passions in the flesh of mankind to be something that leads him to preserve his lineage (by having children), and to test the servant as well. Does he have perseverance or not? Does he push forward, firm upon what Allaah wants from him, or does he turn to his desires and lose hold of his grasp over them, going after anything he wants?

So in this story, the fitnah was something that led to the release of Allaah's Punishment upon those who did not cease doing things He, the Mighty and Majestic, had forbidden.

The Fitnah of Disobedience Upon Knowledge

Another kind of fitnah is when the people have knowledge, the society knows what is correct, but they do not act according to the knowledge. An ignorant man can be taught, but when knowledge has spread throughout a society and the people know the boundaries and they have some insight, but they contradict what they know, isn't that a fitnah?!

Knowledge has not been a blessing for them, rather it has only been a fitnah. Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, mentions that the tribes of 'Aad and Thamood were people of knowledge. They knew and had insight, but with that they rebelled and disobeyed. Allaah, may He be glorified, said [16]:

''And (remember the destruction of) 'Aad and Thamood! Verily their (destroyed) places of residence have made clear to you (how they were destroyed). The Shaytaan beautified their actions for them and kept them away from the Path, while they were people of insight.''

The Shaytaan beautified their actions for them, and then kept them away from the Path, while they were people of insight! Were they ignorant? No. Were they deficient in some of their knowledge? No. They had knowledge, but the Shaytaan had beautified their actions for them, and thus kept them away from the Path! All of this while they had good insight and clear vision.

This is a tremendous fitnah, that a man has knowledge but he obeys the Shaytaan, leaving behind the knowledge that he has received from his Lord, the Mighty and Majestic, and from His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam).

The Fitnah of Argumentation

Strength can also be a fitnah, just as dialogues and debates are fitnah in many situations. Today dialogues are commonly being propagated: debating with Christians, debating between people, debating between the religions, between math-habs, between sects, etc. This debating is a kind of fitnah!

Programs about this idea are currently being broadcast on television, since they have an effect on those with weak hearts. You see the different religions and sects - this one is worshipping something, and that one is worshipping something else. A person could become doubtful and be tried due to this. But the true believer knows that this variety and assortment is only a further proof that the Truth is only one way, and that those other people are as Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, says [17]:

( Laboring hard and weary, they will be put into a blazing hot Fire )

They wanted to follow the path to Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, but they were mistaken. But as for the subject of debating - does a man debate or not? Does he argue or not? This is indeed a fitnah.

But who is the one who should debate them? The one who has knowledge, not just anyone! So it should be mentioned here that, as some of you know, some people that enter into debates with either the corrupt Muslims, the Christians, the Jews, or some other religion or stray ideology, they are occasionally defeated, or the opponent is stronger. So then the people are tried by this.

Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, has clarified in this soorah that fitnah will spread if the dialogue is not done by the scholar arguing in a way that is better.

Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, says [18]:

( And do not debate the People of the Book (the Jews and the Christians) except in a way that is better, except the oppressors from them. And say: "I believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our God and your God is one, and we are submitting to Him." And thus we revealed the Book to you... )

Until He, the Mighty and Exalted, said [19]:

( Rather they are clear proofs in the chests of those who have been given knowledge )

So Allaah prohibits us from debating the People of the Book except in a way that is better. But who is to do the debating? The one who debates is the one who knows the Qur'aan, as Allaah says [19]:

( Rather they are clear proofs in the chests of those who have been given knowledge )

So based on this, whoever does not know the Qur'aan, the proofs found in the Qur'aan, the clear examples found in the Qur'aan, the evidences in the Qur'aan, how examples of debating have been given in the Qur'aan, examples of debating the wicked sinners, the people of arrogance, those who go beyond all boundaries, and all categories of people - whoever does not know all this, then he is not fit for debating.

So it is not for every individual to enter debates with them, using his own opinions and thoughts, rather this debating is to be done by the scholars. Hiwaar (debating), or mujaadalah as it has been named in the Qur'aan, is only for the people of knowledge, those who know the limits that Allaah sent down to his Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam).

So therefore fitnah could very well take place with argumentation. A man comes and says, "Debate with me! Why won't you debate me!?" So he begins by looking for a subject to debate about, what issue can he argue over… This is a way that the common people are destroyed!

So a man must look to his religion in a situation like this, and uphold and display the honor of his religion. He must know that the Qur'aan is the Truth, and whoever has it in his chest is upon the Truth, since the Qur'aan is the ongoing evidence against all the people!

It could be that a man does not know some of the proofs needed, and if that is the case, then verily he must say, as Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, has said [20]:

( And say: "I believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our God and your God is one, and we are submitting to Him." )

This is the general manner of debating them, and the specific and complete details are known to those who know the Qur'aan, and to those who know the Sharee'ah.

The Fitnah of the Dunyaa

Another fitnah from those mentioned in this soorah is that Allaah makes this life beautiful, with all of its vain pleasures and playing about, and all the things that are fun to enjoy in it. A person may indulge in these things and forget about the Next Life.

Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, says in the latter part of the soorah [21]:

( And this worldly life is nothing but vain pleasures and playing about )

So many of the people are put to fitnah because of this life, with its vain pleasures and amusement, thinking these things will last, but they do not know the reality of life! Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic says after that [21]:

( And indeed the Next Abode is the Hayawaan, if they only knew )

Hayawaan is an extreme expression of the word hayaat (life), so the verse means that the Next Abode, Paradise and the Hellfire, is the truly complete and everlasting life. So whoever wants true delight and complete enjoyment and satisfaction, then it is in Paradise in the Next Life.

Whoever wants to be free from harmful things, then all of the harmful things are in the Hellfire. So whoever wants to flee from them, then he flees from the Hellfire.

A number of scholars, including Ibn Al-Jowzee, have said, explaining this, "Whatever Allaah mentions in the Qur'aan about the delights of the dunyaa, that is for you to look at the delights of this world and contemplate over the delights of the Next Life.

For every example of an enjoyable thing or something the people indulge in, it is a proof against you if you have not reflected over the delights of Paradise.

And every example of a harmful thing in the dunyaa, even if it is something that causes a slight amount of grief, or even something as light as a slight fever, verily they are examples that Allaah is using to remind you about the things in the Next Life, the punishment, torture, and deprivation (of the Hellfire)."

So whoever seeks the real, true life and happiness, then let him look for the everlasting happiness.

This worldly life, with its amusement and playing about, is only just that - vain amusement and playing about. So it is a source of fitnah.

Look to the people today and how they are being tried by the amusement and play of the dunyaa! Why have the hearts become hardened and unreceptive? Because the people have turned to amusement and play!

Why have they turned away from the Next Life? Because they have turned to amusement and play!

Why don't they have hardly anything memorized from the Qur'aan? Because they have turned to amusement and play!

The earnest, intelligent man is the one who looks into His Statement [21]:

( And indeed the Next Abode is the Hayawaan, if they only knew )

The Fitnah of Safety and Security

Another kind of fitnah mentioned here in this soorah, and the escape from it is also mentioned, is the fitnah of safety and security.

Look at the security of the Haram (in Makkah), the security of the places surrounding it, after years and years of security, the people begin to believe that what befalls the other people will not befall them.

Earthquakes happen in other places, as for the people who live near the Haram, it does not happen to them.

Atrocities, difficult living conditions, things that befall the others… the people who live in the Haram say: "We are the children of Allaah and his beloved ones!" Or they say, "We are His favored ones," or they say similar things.

Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, has said clarifying this kind of fitnah near the end of the soorah [22]:

( Have they not seen how We have made a secure Haram, and people are being snatched away from all around them? )

We are to look to this kind of fitnah, a blessing from Allaah. This blessing of Allaah should not be a source of fitnah for the people, it should not be that Allaah's Blessing becomes a fitnah, as Allaah caused the people to be safe and secure during the time of one of the previous prophets, and as much of the time after him that He willed.

Allaah says [22]:

( Have they not seen how We have made a secure Haram, and people are being snatched away from all around them? )

What is the intent here? (Allaah says) [22]:

( Will they then believe in falsehood and become ungrateful for the blessings of Allaah!? )

Are they going to believe in falsehood after Allaah has blessed them so much!? Are they going to engage in shirk, kufr, and the rejection of the message of Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), pledging obedience to the devils. Or are they going to fall into things less than that, like disobedience, sinning, and transgression?

They are ungrateful for the blessings of Allaah! Who is it that gave them those blessings? Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted! (Allaah says) [23]:

( And what you have of blessings is only from Allaah! Then when some harm reaches you, to Him you cry for help. )

Then therefore, from the many varieties of fitnah that Allaah may allow to befall some of his servants is what has been mentioned in this soorah, that a servant feels that trials and tribulations are only for other people, and that he is not tried or tested with difficulties.

So the loss of wealth, as one may think, that was for So-and-So, not for him. Sickness is for So-and-So, as for him, then he does not get sick. Severe illnesses strike the people, and may Allaah give us security from them, verily they only befall the others, as for him, he feels they will not befall him.

Strokes and things like that are for the other people, he feels that he will not face them, so he does not contemplate. Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, says, explaining this example [22]:

( Have they not seen how We have made a secure Haram, and people are being snatched away from all around them? Will they then believe in falsehood and become ungrateful for the blessings of Allaah!? )

Conclusion

These are examples from the many kinds of fitnah and trials, and things that relate to the subject of the soorah. So the beginning and the end of this soorah meet each other upon the same subject, providing proof for those of the scholars who say, "The subject of the soorah will be found in the agreement of the beginning and the end of a soorah."

Allaah, the Mighty and Exalted, says in the beginning of the soorah [2]:

( Do people then think they will be left alone upon saying, "We believe in Allaah," and they will not be faced with fitnah? And verily we put those who came before them to trials. )

What is the way out from all of these situations? The answer is found in the end of the soorah, in the very last verse [24]:

( And those who strive hard in Our Way, verily We will guide them to Our Paths. And verily Allaah is with those who do good. )

I ask Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, to bless us all in what we have heard, and that He makes us from the people of the Qur'aan, those who are His special and favored people, and that He increases us in knowledge and that He reminds us of what we forget.

I also ask that He makes us from those who make halaal what is halaal in His Book, from those that consider what has been prohibited in His Book as haraam, and from those who firmly believe in what is reported in His Book about the unseen affairs. Verily He, Most High, is the Bestower of Good, the Generous One.

FOOTNOTES:

[1] from the second side of cassette entitled Maqaasid As-Suwar wa Atharu Thaalika fit-Tafseer, translated by Abul-'Abbaas
[2] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):1-3
[3] from an authentic hadeeth collected by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh (#7136), it begins with: "Verily my Lord has ordered me to teach you what you did not know from what He has taught me…"
[4] the meaning of Soorah Al-Ambiyaa' (21):35
[5] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):7
[6] A further explanation of this comes later in the article.
[7] the meaning of Soorah Al-Baqarah (2):212
[8] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):14-15
[9] the meaning of Soorah Hood (11):40
[10] as mentioned in Soorah Nooh (71):23
[11] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):3
[12] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):15
[13] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):25
[14] Refer to Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):29.
[15] the meaning of Soorah Al-A'raaf (7):83
[16] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):38
[17] the meaning of Soorah Al-Ghaashiyah (88):3-4
[18] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):46-47
[19] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):49
[20] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):46
[21] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):64
[22] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):67
[23] the meaning of Soorah An-Nahl (16):53
[24] the meaning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot (29):69

TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING

What kinds of fitnah do people face that are dealt with is Soorah Al-'Ankaboot?

How many people responded to Nooh's da'wah and for how long did he call the people to Allaah?

How does the beginning of Soorah Al-'Ankaboot relate to the ending?

How can security and safety become a fitnah for someone?

voiceofkashmir

Sallam,

I dont reply to posts etc on this website as I dont have enough knowledge to write much on issues. However i felt that i should reply to you irrespective of my weaknesses.

There are many questions you must ask to yourself before deciding what you should do and your future action. How are you so sure that leaving islam and going back to what you used to do will end lonliness, as then you will have not left them at first place.

You reverted back to Islam knowing that there would be resistance at so many fronts and for sure you are very brave and sincere in your quest to know the reality of life, and necessity to know the real and only one God- Allah. Why do you want to leave this battle in the middle, if there are born muslims around you, start to speak with them , make plans to put them back to islam and at the same time you can make friends and earn Ajar from Allah.

Be happy what you have - Health, Wealth, education, and above all islam - the right path to salvation, and see around how many people do not have such precious things.

Know that assuming that by going back to Jahilya ( the ignorance ) you forget everything good and bad , you still will live for a period of life ( As Allah has written ) in this world,what afterwards....

Come closer to Allah by remembering him and his favours and know that Shaytan is after you so that you can lose the belief in Allah .....

If you have reached a marriageable age , find a good muslim and marry him and if you are still studying, use your time to learn and be better as the days go. Clouds cant hide the sun for ever, as it always shines....

Whether you believe me or not , i dont have any friends around me from past 10 years but i have found that utlising a lot of that time in good things could be very fruitful, i have been able to make a better future perhaps, in this life and hereafter rather than wasting time.

At last i can only pray for you that Allah give you a good company, and take away all the lonliness you have, and keep you safe and sound , with a strong hold onto the rope of Imaan.

Wasallam

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Asalamu alaykum all,

Well anyway, here goes. I have been having a lot of doubts in the past two months or so about leaving Islam and it has almost been destroying me. I am a recent convert, of about two years, and in my heart of hearts I know Islam is the best religion. To everyone around me I probably seem like that 'crazy convert'...hijab, only halal food, avoiding music, trying to encourage people to pray, avoiding haraam tv etc. but sometimes I feel like I am only fooling myself. I also find it hard to stay with the deen when every other muslim at my university it just feels like is mocking me sometimes for being conservative (the muslims at my university are rather liberal which doesn't bother me, but the converse seems to bother them!) I would give you more of my background but I am very worried about the off-chance someone I know could recognize me! But I come from a very conservative immigrant background, where Christianity is the way.
I guess what has been bothering me is not theology, or even practicing because I LOVE Islam but it's just been getting to me how hard everything has been. Reading some of the threads here I know I probably have it good, myfamily hasn't shunned me and I haven't been hurt financially or anything of the sort, but just that sometimes I feel like I have no haven, no support really. All the muslims I know are born muslims and I just feel...sad. There really isn't anything fun I can do and to tell you the truth I just feel BORED & very alone as a Muslim. I just feel I *don't* want to give up my own culture and everything would be easier if I just pretended to be born again. I could still do salat, I wouldn't have to drink, I could keep my modesty(without hijab, but with more modest other clothes), and I would have a support within my own culture, marriage would be very easy, my whole family would be ecstatic, I wouldn't be discriminated against by born muslims, I wouldn't have lonely holidays, I could celebrate christmas with all my family and I could be the happy go lucky girl I want to be. But the problemis that I believe with my heart and soul there is no God but God and being Christian would be a lie to myself.I just don't know what to do....it's like this epic struggle within my heart and sometimes I just think "Oh Allah, why do you pay so much attention to this your one slave when everyone else is allowed to do what they like without fear or worry?" Sometimes I wish I could return to my heedless state and then I feel even more guilty for being ungrateful. I try to remind myself of the painful times of the early Muslims but....it just doesn't work for me!
QUOTE]

Salaam Sister,

Would leaving Islam solve everything that you are facing? I can't tell you that I understand what you are going through because I am not a revert but as for born muslims mocking you.. Even a born muslim like me gets mocked at for doing certain things by other born muslims! What you can do is to ignore them and remember that on judgement day, everything boils down to just you and Allah. It was never about them. Do you want to leave Islam because of the actions of such people? It would be such a waste sister..

You should count yourself lucky because your family still loves you even when you reverted to Islam. I am pretty sure there are brothers and sisters here whose families abandon them for embracing Islam. They, too, celebrate Eid alone each year. You are not alone in this Sister!

If it is possible, perhaps you can try making friends with more muslims there so that at least you have someone to relate to and won't feel lonely during celebrations?

Saying is easy for me but I am not in your shoes so I don't know what your situation is like. All I can conclude is that please Sister don't give up this deen so easily! There will always be obstacles for you to face in the future but abandoning Islam should not be an option.:hijabi:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum sister

I think you should count yourself lucky heedlessness has been taken from you in order you may strive towards the truth--> islam. Verily jannah is surrounded with hardships sister and Allah is testing us all by struggles from within or outward struggles do you think a born muslim is better than a revert only in piety and Allah is the only judge who sees all our hearts so i know its hard to be around people who make you feel alienated but have PATIENCE you time and our time will come when we will be welcomed by our most beloved Allah and his messenger. So whatever trial you may face bear it with patience and rememberance of Allah and Allah will in return remember you. :hearts:

Remember you are never alone Allah is always with you:hearts:

:wasalam:

Kulsumfatima

Proud to be a Muslim
assalamualaikum
dear sister I do totally agree with Muslim 18
Its the shaitaan which is making u think that u r bored.
Just b firm and pray that Allah may give u patience and guidance

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
I read what your saying sister, I know loneliness and boredom are two really bad things ... just know " You should kill time before time kills you", time is painful i know but sister everyone must go through this trust me things get better you make new friends ... When i immigrated to Canada i felt exactly the same, like the only muslims -- I didn't really get along with other muslims in my school and yea it was sad and lonely and i wud feel really lonely and weird thoughts from shaitaan wud take over sometimes but the thing is if you pray 5 times a day and you study islam, you will feel the presence of Allah (swt) more ... Allah is always with you we just need to find him.
I know you do get lonely and bored, trust me they r not worth giving eternal life for, but sister do realize ... you can still hang out with your family maybe not celebrate christmas with them but we had Eid couple of days ago :) buy them presents for EID ... go over to your family house for EID i know they might ask u weird stuff but give them presents :) and make them feel like your still the same person, You are still the same person ... you just have a different path now ... and i know eating halal is hard but what i do sometimes is buy halal meat and give it to my non muslim friends if im invited to dinner to their house and ask them to cook using this please :) and im pretty sure ur family wud not mind too much cooking using that if they do then cook it urself and bring it over:) Reemember sister i know you feel lonely and like the only revert but there are more people in same situation as u :) just take this forum be active here and u will feel part of a family
and if you ever I mean anytime :) feel like taking msg me without any hesistation on inbox think of me :) as your sincere brother and we cud talk online if u ever when ur feeling bored and stuff :)
take care sister
dont worry Allah is probably proud of you being so proud and we all are proud
aslam o alikum

BigAk

Somehow I feel that none of you (well meaning individuals) have truely addressed the issues and needs our sister rajab is facing... Many seem to want to provide a lecture about what Islam says about the situation... while others try to provide help with counter questions of (what if ???....)... and others share their own experiences which have very little help at the end.

Currently; I have no better answers than what you good people have provided... but I'm thinking about it...

Sister rajab's situation is complex and her issues need to be addressed on one-by-one basis... and not wholesale..

It maybe a good idea for us to re-read her post and try to think out of the box, try to imagine ourselves in her position, and then start a two-sided constructive dialog with sister rajab. Hopefully this will work better.

Again; despite all the wonderful attempts to help her, I don't see any real help ... Sister rajab already knows much of what you have presented. She's already a good and knowledgeable muslimah.

Retry....

BigAk

From reading sister rajab's post again; it seems that the problem is not doubting the Islamic faith and religion... but the problem is rather "social" obstacles which resulted in eventual isolation and boredom.... She had already said that she'd keep her belief and pray in private.. This is not going back to Christianity as we know today... If she were to go back to "Christianity" as Jesus (PBU) has taught, she'll find herself a Muslima as a conclusion.... Again; this is not the issue. It's a blessing that sister rajab has still no doubts about her true belief in Islam.

Again; the problem is of social nature.. So, let's start addressing sister rajab's real social and psychological problems she's facing in her surroundings; rather than providing her with lectures in Islam.

salahdin

wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakat.Whoever Allah guides, none can misguide and Whomsoever Allah has misguided, none can guide. Dear sister you are among those who have being guided to the straight path so hold on to the rope of ALLAH(AZA WAJALLAH).

Dear sister there is no liberal muslims those who say there liberals muslims they are fooling themselves .They are trying to interpret islam for there own interest just as the christians and the jews did took the easiest part and left what didnot fit with their desires. For being conservative your are own the right path.

Allah has mentioned:
Be patient. Verily the promise of Allah is true, and let not those who are devoid of certainty in faith discourage you from conveying [Allah’s Message]. [Ar-Rum: 60

Reflect for a minute on these beautiful verses.

And this verse: "For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward." 33:

"If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them." 4:124

You did a wonderful thing just by coming here and looking for an advise for our beloved prophet (salalahu aleihim wa salam) said

A Muslim who meets with others and shares their burdens is better than one who lives a life of seclusion and contemplation." (Muslim)

and that what you did. come here often talk, ask you brothers and sister any thing that is bothering you and i swear by ALLAH ( AZA WAJAllah) that they
BE WILLING TO HELP YOU FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH (AZA WAJALLAH).Those so called liberal muslim should follow what the prophet (salalahu aleihim wa salam) said

"You will not enter paradise until you have faith; and you will not complete your faith till you love one another." (Muslim

"All Muslims are like a foundation, each strengthening the other; in such a way they do support each other." (Abu Musa: Bukhari & Muslim)

so if they cant offer you that support where is their faith ? .But here at turntoislam you will surely get that support and plus much MORE. My sister stick around to this family and you will see the sweet taste of ISLAM and you will never leave it.Tell those born muslim this that the best muslims are those accepted ISLAM and not the born ones look at the companions of the prophet (salalahu aleihim wa salam) they were the best generation of muslim so be proud sister that ALLAH(aza wajallah) guided you to the straight path and bestowed some favours upon you so that you can follow the true path and there by be granted an everlasting life with no pain and hardship .

Yahya ibn Muadh (rahimahullah) gathered the characteristics of the believers in one of his essays as follows, "It is to be full of modesty, and to be harmless too. To be full of goodness and not to be corrupt. For the tongue to be truthful, for the words to be little and to be plentiful in good action. To have little slip-ups and not to be excessive. To be good to one's relatives, building closeness between them. To be dignified and grateful. To be full of contentment if Allaah restricted some provision. To be forbearing and friendly to his brothers. To be compassionate

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Somehow I feel that none of you (well meaning individuals) have truely addressed the issues and needs our sister rajab is facing... Many seem to want to provide a lecture about what Islam says about the situation... while others try to provide help with counter questions of (what if ???....)... and others share their own experiences which have very little help at the end.

Currently; I have no better answers than what you good people have provided... but I'm thinking about it...

Sister rajab's situation is complex and her issues need to be addressed on one-by-one basis... and not wholesale..

It maybe a good idea for us to re-read her post and try to think out of the box, try to imagine ourselves in her position, and then start a two-sided constructive dialog with sister rajab. Hopefully this will work better.

Again; despite all the wonderful attempts to help her, I don't see any real help ... Sister rajab already knows much of what you have presented. She's already a good and knowledgeable muslimah.

Retry....

From reading sister rajab's post again; it seems that the problem is not doubting the Islamic faith and religion... but the problem is rather "social" obstacles which resulted in eventual isolation and boredom.... She had already said that she'd keep her belief and pray in private.. This is not going back to Christianity as we know today... If she were to go back to "Christianity" as Jesus (PBU) has taught, she'll find herself a Muslima as a conclusion.... Again; this is not the issue. It's a blessing that sister rajab has still no doubts about her true belief in Islam.

Again; the problem is of social nature.. So, let's start addressing sister rajab's real social and psychological problems she's facing in her surroundings; rather than providing her with lectures in Islam.

Mashallah Brother...it's like you took the words out of my mind

Sister...I think you just love Islam SO MUCH..that you want everyone to be encompassed by its beauty and serenity...

Indeed that is a beautiful love...

But...

Reality might have shown you that...Muslims are people..and people have free-will..the ability to make choices...and at many times...they will make the decisions that will take them in the opposite direction...and pile up quite a bit of shortcomings in their lives...

I am a born-muslim..and there is a decent sized Muslim community in my city (I live in the U.S.)...the ones who practice Islam..are so few..you can count them on *one hand*!!!...everyone else...they are of the sort you described...

Of course it pains my heart to even state this..nonetheless...*see* it and *hear* it..

But I have to dig through it all..and find the wisdom behind it happening...

Allah is so Merciful..that sometimes...He puts things in our way..so we may learn from them..without experiencing them ourselves..so we may open our eyes wide..and feel grateful for what we have..and strive to keep it..and perhaps share it with others as well...

Sister..I don't mean to disappoint you..

But really...I would be lying if I denied that you will not see imperfect Muslims...you will see them everywhere..even in Makkah!!!..where the Ka'aba is a walk or a drive away..Sobhanallah...you will see people who hold Islam only as an identifying "theological/spiritual title"...

Focus on yourself...when you feel *frustration mode* about to kick in...seek Allah...seek refuge with allah from whispers and evils..and make sincere dua'a...bring the Qura'an and open it and read it..it doesn't matter what page..or what sura...just open it up and read with the intention of earning comfort and wisdom...

As for the people around you...interact with them...you don't have to talk about religion all the time with them or try to point-out the wrongful life or choices they have indulged in (unless they do something wrong in front you..then you must at least object to it..because that is a religious obligation upon all of us)...but talk to them and be friendly to the best of your ability...

Perhaps they feel threatened by you..because mashallah you're so committed...they might feel that you will lecture them all the time..or that you are on the look-out for them to do something wrong so you'd go *aha!!!..what is this that you just did???*...and so they choose to keep their distance..because they don't want somebody to remind them of the darkness they're in..which is of course a confusing matter..but what can you do???

If anybody mocks you...thinks low of you for being so committed...it is because of a problem within themselves..if you know you're right...nobody else's looks..whispers..or comments should be of value...

Also...don't deprive yourself of entertainment or fun...sobhanallah..many people think that being a good Muslim means closing the door of their house..and never stepping outside...

Go to family get-togethers...if you have non-muslim friends...hang out with them..just dictate..politely and nicely...how the hang out should go..and where it will take place...when the holidays come...sit with your family..smile and be nice...you don't have to decorate the tree..you don't have to buy gifts or receive them if you don't feel like it..you don't have to go to church..but stand in the kitchen with your mother to make cookies..crack jokes..and create memories...hold that camera and take silly pictures of everyone...talk to each member of the family...and keep the smile on your face..and be happy that they're happy...

Don't stop yourself from enjoying your life...what is haram is clear to us..and mashallah it seems that you have good knowledge of your religion...

You can have a lot of fun being a Muslimah and a hijabi...

I have gone para-sailing..rafting..jet-skiing...hiking...bowling..and I have gone to tons of resturaunts...art events..sports events...art galleries...shopping...picnics...tons and tons and tons of activities...for the record...I am a hijabi..so I did all of this wearing my hijab!..and nobody even looked at me weird...on the contrary...some people (in an amusement park)...came up to me to ask me if the game I rode was as fun as it seemed..because I rode it 3 times!!!...lol

And I have done it with Muslims and non-Muslims...

I don't have to tell the whole world...I can't drink alcohol..and I can't listen to music..and I can't eat pork..and I can't dance..and I can't be around males...

I can just look at my choices...and pick the one that seems *most Islamic* out of them (i.e. if it's between a movie and a cocktail party..what would you go with???...of course...the movie!)

For example..say there is a nice Thai restaurant that opened near by...sounds like lotsa fun..and you've have never had Thai Food...hhhmmmm???...who has the will to try something new???..oh I know..so and so...

Call them up..and ask them...*hey how about some Thai food?*

You don't want to go out???

That's cool too...

Call a few girls...and tell them...how about we have a potluck dinner???...or better yet...ask them to come over so you can all cook your dinner at your house..and if you come from different backgrounds..even the better..you'll be trying new things...

But you get the point now I'm sure...

Believe me...with these little things...that may make you feel worried...they are even a type of da'awa...

You're showing everyone that Muslims want to have fun..and they will look for it..and find it..and DARN IT THEY WILL ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT!!! :)

You are bored..not because of Islam..

But because of...*you*...I'm not trying to be mean..but that's what it is really...

You have gone a tid-bit too far in your commitment..and seem to think that you have to get away from the world and avoid it to maintain your deen...when that's really not the case...

Allah Says in the Qura'an:

"
We task not any soul beyond its scope" [7:42]

Even The Prophet (pbuh) has said in a hadith...

"Moderation, moderation, and you shall succeed".

Meaning that you have to look at things around you..and go about them moderately..so you don't exhaust yourself..and end up feeling disappointed or frustrated..because as a human..you can only handle *so much* before you feel like you can't take it anymore...mind you...this moderation deal even involves *voluntary* acts of worship!!!

So dear sister...

Go easy on yourself...have fun..keep it halal..and know that because you are in a land where Islam is not the religion of it...if you go to a bowling alley and there's music on...just go...it's not like you're going to sit there and listen to every single one..you know it's haram..and eventually you will tune it out (that's if you're going to notice it in the first place!) and get lost in the fun with the other sisters..you won't even notice the people around you...

Really you can't avoid haram completely...not even in Muslim countries...so you have to do the best you can..and trust in Allah that He will protect you and won't expose you to any evils beyond your control...

..and you can't make all Muslims pious..and all non-Muslims open to embrace Islam...this is a matter which lays in the hands of Allah (swt)...

Again...Allah says in the Qura'an...

"Surely thou wilt not be able to guide all whom thou lovest; but Allah guides whomsoever He pleases; and He knows best those who would accept guidance". [28:57]

all you can do is protest to what is wrong when it happens in front of you..and be ready and willing to help anyone asking questions or seeking help from you...both Muslim..and Non-Muslim...

And I ask Allah to keep you steadfast in your faith and practice..to grant you patience and perseverance...to bless you with pious friends..and to protect you with His Love..Mercy..and Might...

Ameen
Ameen
Ameen

Please feel free to vent and/or ask me any questions...the PM option is only *clicks* away :)

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: dear sister, there are many of us revert sisters here on this website so you have come to the right place :) just a couple of months ago, sister shy_hijabi, sarah, was feeling isolated in the small muslim community on the island where she was studying. Alhamdulillah, the time passed and it is a bit better now but we reverts can often get "the blues" especially coming up to the holidays :( you have been blessed with the truth and that is the most important thing. however, especially for us sisters, we need female sister companions. i was very blessed in florida for the last few years prior to moving to paris. Subhan'Allah, we were like family, me the irish girl with all my egyptian, palestinian, jordanian, algerian, moroccan, etc., sisters :) if one of us was sick, they called and visited us... we had gettogethers and even my beloved sister from palestine, noura, started to initiate lectures on sundays for sisters only :) my kids had aunties and uncles that paid them more attention than their irish family! i wish it could be like this for every sister revert. here in paris, it is a big city and harder to make real friends but Alhamdulillah, i have one good sister algerian friend and that is a blessing from Allah :) do not turn your back on Islam because of some in the community who do not care to get to know you. Allah will never desert you and i pray that better times are just around the corner. pm me any time :)

your sister, catherine iman

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
Sister..... can I convert to Christanity!!! i feel lonely

Asalamu alaykum all,

I have been having a lot of doubts in the past two months or so about leaving Islam and it has almost been destroying me.

To everyone around me I probably seem like that 'crazy convert'...hijab, only halal food, avoiding music, trying to encourage people to pray, avoiding haraam tv etc.

but sometimes I feel like I am only fooling myself.

I also find it hard to stay with the deen

I LOVE Islam but it's just been getting to me how hard everything has been.

There really isn't anything fun I can do and to tell you the truth I just feel BORED & very alone as a Muslim.

I just feel I *don't* want to give up my own culture and everything would be easier if I just pretended to be born again.
I could still do salat, I wouldn't have to drink, I could keep my modesty(without hijab, but with more modest other clothes),

your sister in islam (maybe the quiet one in your masjid who doesn't come to jumu'ah anymore! or the one who suddenly becomes quiet when you discuss eid plans, or the one whose smile seems a bit sadder these days...)

wa aleikum al Salam my Sister in Islam,
i am not mocking you or any one here, you know because of the title,

i am 33 born Muslimah All praise be to ALLAH, my only lord and God
i am addressing you as Muslimah coz you are one, and you LOVE Islam, it is your way to Jannah, unless you are looking to the other direction??!!

but, sister, listen to me as a big sister in Islam: yes, i am not around you or anyone in the TTI, and i am not there for you when you need help,( ALLAH is the only true one for all of us when we need help) you are saying what you have said and you are trying to convense yourself with that, it is Shatain, so first : do not be alone
and try to find a good muslim friend for you, inshaALLAH

second do not think you are the only Muslimah who feel alone, and the rest are HAPPY, and practising Islam and do prayers so on, (maybe many are but not all of them) my dear little sister; we all have been through hard times, when you think that is it? i am fed up!

i am 33 as i said before, and I born Muslimah, i have faced being "alonly" ;" so unhappy",,,, many reasons, and it differs from one to another : i have faced boverty, war, fightings,lost of loved ones, i lost my beloved mother, worked and still so hard to earn living for me, and my family, i felt lonely, no one ever offer help, or thought for a while about how i feel or what i am up to. only ALLH swt was supporting me and giving me more Hidyah and faith to caring on in this life,
it comes sometimes when i say it is better to die, but we are not allow to wish death, it is only ALLAH swt who knows if living or dying is good for us.

so we are even, you feel lonely sometimes, i do most of the times, but my salat, quran, sunan and witr, and fasting every Monday and Thursday, all are killing that lonliness ghost.
you are Muslimah and i am too Hamdulellah, never complained about my Hijab and never will inshaALLA, you are thinking maybe that Hijab might not suite you (i never saw you but i believe you look more beautiful with Hijab than me..ofcourse you do) so sister you need to think that there are alot of other sisters like you even if they live in a muslim community, we are all human, we all need care and feel lonely sometimes, but it ALLAH swt who is curing our lonelinessand sad hearts with faith and Dua, look around you, you are not alone, we all love you and pray ALLAH to bless your life and give you Hidayah, and to put NOOR (light) in your heart. please sister pray for me, i will pray for you inshaALLAH... do not be alone, find a good company, stood fast to your deen, it needs you......... so do not look back, it is always ahead

salam aleikum

sajjuaiah

TURN TO ISLAM

As-salaam Alaikum,

I hope Inshallah sis, is still reading our posts.

Surah Al-Baqarah , Ayat 214
Do we think that ye shall enter the gardin of bliss without such trials as came to those who passed away before you? they encounterd suffreing and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger and those of faith who where with him cried ''when will come the help of Allah? Ah verily, the help of allah is allways near.

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in
goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who
patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we
belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings
from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

“Verily, Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves” (Qur’an13:11)

“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright”
[al-Baqarah 2:186]
:tti_sister:

jundulah

I am forced to replay to this as i am normally quiet member.fiRst of all i ask ALLAAH subhaanahu wataa'alaa to strenthen your iman,aanmiin.
Rememer our prophet( saw)has been tested & had gone under extreme hardship. He was disowned, beaten, ostersised,poisioned,expelled,tortured,there was an attempt on his life. Just because HE propogated islam.ALLAH said in the QUR'AN in surat al-ankabut or the (spider)in verse2 "do people think that they will be left alone because they say WE BELIEVE and will not be tesed".
may ALLAH delever you from this trial .Always seek ALLAH'S help& seek refuge in ALLAH from shaitan the accursed.