Favorite Lines!!!

IbnAhmad

:salam2:
what is your favorite line or sentence???

here's mine....... "The history of Islam is written in two colors: One is the black of the scholars' ink, the other the red blood that the martyrs shed."

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Salaam!
Mine is a fav ayat form the HOLY QURAN...
" On no soul doth ALLAH place a burden greater than it can bear*
(Surah al baqarah)
Also another hadith,
" When ALLAH intends good for a person, he gives him the understanding of religion"
Another quote...which i just made and strongly believe...
"When You have 100 reasons to hate someone.....ISLAM will give u ONE reason to LOVE that someone "" (i.e. Love for the sake of ALLAH (swt)

Mine is Rasulullah said "Whoever declare that Allah is the only god and worship none but Him and take no partner with Him, and declare that I'm His servant and His Rasul, and declare that 'Iisa abdullah (the servant of Allah) wa kalimatuhu (the word preceded from Him) wa ruuhu minhu (and the soul from Him) he will surely enter Jannah."(HR.Bukhari or Muslim).

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh.

a_stranger

A void , sadness, emptiness

The quote is by Shaykh Ibn Qayyim (Rahimullah)

"Truly in the heart their is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah.
And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.
And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him.
And if a person were given all this world and what is with in it, it would not fill this emptiness"

Kakorot

:salam2: mine is ..

Say: O `My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah: verily Allaah forgives all sins. Truly He is OftForgiving, Most Merciful .Az-Zumar.53

because it gives hope and will not make you despair in the mercy of Allaah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
"O mankind! be afraid of you lord & fear a day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verly, the promise of Allah is true: Let not the present life decieve you nor let the chief deciever (SATAN) decieve you about Allah" My brother's. Here is mine:"It benefits not Allah that He should beget a son GLORIFIED (And exalted is He above all that the associate with Him). When He decrees a thing he only says to it: "BE"___and it is"

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
My favorites...

A verse from the Qura'an:

"O my Lord! Let my entry be by the Gate of Truth and Honour, and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honour; and grant me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me)." [17:80]

A dua'a by the Prophet (pbuh):

O Allah! I ask You for Your love and the love of those who love You, and for the love of every action which will bring me closer to Your love.

A poem line by Al-Shafe'e:

If your eye falls upon the faults of your brother
Shield them and say: "O my eye! All men have eyes!".

:wasalam:

saffanah

speak good or silent
Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 70 :: Hadith 544
Narrated 'Aisha (the wife of the Prophet)

Allah's Apostle said, "No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn."

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
salaam

:salam2: brothers and sisters, I like this question tnx brother for starting the post
mine is 23rd ayaa from sura al baqara

And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
"If he (my slave) comes one span near to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him, and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running."

I think I truly fell in love with Allah when I read this above hadith.....

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i don't remember if i read this from a writing of a scholar of islam or from the Prophet :saw: , but it always sticks with me.
" when a believer in ALLAH SWT dies it's as if he is a man that has been away from his family for a long time and is returning home to them; and when a disbeliever dies he is as if he was a runaway slave returning home to his master. "
:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Well this is my favorite line because many people keep saying that if you live in america that you're an american and it seems your real ethnicity is not used instead. if an american were to go to africa or lived there, they wouldn't be considered african. so here is the line from malcolm x.

"Sitting at the table doesn't make you a diner, unless you eat some of what's on that plate. Being here in America doesn't make you an American. Being born here in America doesn't make you an American."
Malcolm X, Malcolm X Speaks, 1965

palestine

Servant of Allah
"The future belongs to those who prepare for it today."
Malcolm X

also this line. Asalamu alaykum wrwb.

palestine

Servant of Allah
"When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray". i don't remember who it's by but it was one of the quotations posted on tti. salam.
i also love the one that i've made into my signature. look down.

palestine

Servant of Allah
Al-Hasan Al-Basri said, “Every day the sun rises it calls upon us, “Oh people! I am a new day; I am an observer of your actions. Take advantage of me for I will not return until the Day of Judgment.” “Oh, son of Adam you are nothing but a few breaths. Once one breath goes out, part of you goes with it. In the same way that part of you has gone, soon all of you will go.”

Ibn Al-Qayyim said, “Every gulp of air that goes out in a cause other than the cause of Allah (SWT) will turn to sorrow and regret on the Day of Judgment.” He also said, “A sign that Allah (SWT) despises you is when you find yourself wasting your time with trivial matters; in this way you miss your chance of going to heaven. And a sign that Allah (SWT) likes you is when you find yourself fulfilling more duties than you have time for.” A saying goes, ‘The devil makes work for idle thumbs.’ If you want to know whether Allah (SWT) is pleased with you, then think: Are you busy or idle?

Al-Muhasiby said, “I wish that time could be acquired with money. If so I would buy time from wasteful and ungrateful people so that I could spend it serving Allah (SWT).”

Ibn Masoud said, “I never regretted anything except a day that passed by without having increased my deeds.”

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: here is some verses that bring tears to my eyes every time I hear them. It is Surah al-Qiyaamah from verse number 26 to the end of surah.

26. Nay, when (the soul) reaches to the collar bone (i.e. up to the throat in its exit),

27. And it will be said: "Who can cure him and save him from death?"

28. And he (the dying person) will conclude that it was (the time) of departing (death);

29. And leg will be joined with another leg (shrouded)

30. The drive will be, on that Day, to your Lord (Allah)!

31. So he (the disbeliever) neither believed (in this Qur'an, in the Message of Muhammad ) nor prayed!

32. But on the contrary, he belied (this Qur'an and the Message of Muhammad ) and turned away!

33. Then he walked in full pride to his family admiring himself!

34. Woe to you [O man (disbeliever)]! And then (again) woe to you!

35. Again, woe to you [O man (disbeliever)]! And then (again) woe to you!

36. Does man think that he will be left Suda [neglected without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord (Allah) on him]?

37. Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge of semen) poured forth?

38. Then he became an 'Alaqa (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.

39. And made him in two sexes, male and female.

40. Is not He (Allah Who does that), Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things).

yameenahmed

Thanks for starting this post brother

I like the following verses

Produce your evidence if your truthfull[baqarah 2:111]
Say: O People of the Scripture. Come to an agreement between us and you[imran 3:64]
Of course surah Rahman

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The simple words that changed my life:

Bismillallah Al-Rhaman, Ir-Rhahim. Malika Yumadin.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
:salam2: mine is ..

Say: O `My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah: verily Allaah forgives all sins. Truly He is OftForgiving, Most Merciful .Az-Zumar.53

because it gives hope and will not make you despair in the mercy of Allaah.

Assalamu 'alaykum nice thread.
Ok one of my favourite line..
"I love walking in the rain, as no one can see me cry"

I'll post the ayah that actually made me cry from surah baqara.